Game 4: 4/25/09 Los Angeles Lakers (2) at Utah Jazz (1) 9 PM ET, 6 PM PT on ESPN and KCAL9

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

yeah, good idea to push Kobe bryant when your team will be facing elimination in the next game

you're a genius..

Beat me, but don't try to embarrass me. That's exactly what Kobe was doing at the end of the game. The game was over, the double was coming, and Kobe didn't move the ball.

It doesn't take a genius to realize:

a) Kobe was disrespecting his opponenet
b) a hard foul or push won't cost Brewer a game (afterall, I'm not asking for a clothesline)
c) Brewer won't be deciding how long this series goes

This is his 13th season and he was playing like it was his first.

laugh.gif
Huge reach. Kobe jacked up a 3 when he let the shot clock run down,that's not even close to disrespecting anybody. If he was jacking up 3's with 15 seconds left on the shot clock then that would be questionable. Idon't even understand why you're trying to stir something up when it's not there.

yeah, good idea to push Kobe bryant when your team will be facing elimination in the next game

you're a genius..

Beat me, but don't try to embarrass me. That's exactly what Kobe was doing at the end of the game. The game was over, the double was coming, and Kobe didn't move the ball.

b) a hard foul or push won't cost Brewer a game (afterall, I'm not asking for a clothesline)

laugh.gif

you're a genius..

bynum is not hurt, he is just SORRY. i have a feeling he will be one of those regular season players (i.e peja... many more i cant think of right now) where they play great in the regular season and literally LOOK LOST in the playoffs. I mean its like he forgot how to play basketball since the playoffs started.

He hasn't played enough for us to be able to make a statement like that.

He looked like a kid who's feeling sorry for himself. He also looks like he's a step slow, which shouldn't come as a surprise considering that he just came back and playoff basketball is more intense than what he's used to. He's still learning about being mentally tough so I'll cut him some more slack.

dude i hope you are RIGHT about bynum, but honestly from my experience, when a player is GREAT, he shows flashes of it early (i.e dwades first playoff series,lebrons first playoff series, drose's first playoff series) i know its not fair to compare him to those GREAT players but stil, when your coach cant playyou more then 5 minutes because you become a liability on the floor it really sucks, especially since the lakers are trying to win RIGHT NOW now later. I meanat least grab 5+ rebounds, he cant even do that.
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
please come through Andrew, sometimes it seems he is very immature and lets being in Hollywood get to him (i.e. playboy mansion, rihanna, etc)

edit: the reason why i brought up those other great players that had great first playoff series is because we are sort of hoping Bynum becomes our NEXT BIGCENTER that dominates the league, and i feel like he is gonna be just that, he needs to at least hustle on the court, even if he is a step slow in everythignelse.

also to comment on the kobe thing, ill just say this, HE IS KOBE BRYANT AND THIS WAS IN UTAH. WHEN FANS BOO YOU EVERYTIME YOU TOUCH THE BALL AND BOO AND MAKEFUN OF YOUR TEAMMATES DAUGHTERS EYE, THEY DESERVED TO BE EMBARRASSED AS FANS, especially how they all are holding up "GET NASTY" signs.

Originally Posted by tmoney85

you're a genius..

Beat me, but don't try to embarrass me. That's exactly what Kobe was doing at the end of the game. The game was over, the double was coming, and Kobe
didn't move the ball.

bynum is not hurt, he is just SORRY. i have a feeling he will be one of those regular season players (i.e peja... many more i cant think of right now) where
they play great in the regular season and literally LOOK LOST in the playoffs. I mean its like he forgot how to play basketball since the playoffs started.

He hasn't played enough for us to be able to make a statement like that.

He looked like a kid who's feeling sorry for himself. He also looks like he's a step slow, which shouldn't come as a surprise considering that he
just came back and playoff basketball is more intense than what he's used to. He's still learning about being mentally tough so I'll cut him some
more slack.

dude i hope you are RIGHT about bynum, but honestly from my experience, when a player is GREAT, he shows flashes of it early (i.e dwades first playoff series, lebrons first playoff series, drose's first playoff series) i know its not fair to compare him to those GREAT players but stil, when your coach cant play you more then 5 minutes because you become a liability on the floor it really sucks, especially since the lakers are trying to win RIGHT NOW now later. I mean at least grab 5+ rebounds, he cant even do that.
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
please come through Andrew, sometimes it seems he is very immature and lets being in Hollywood get to him (i.e. playboy mansion, rihanna, etc)

edit: the reason why i brought up those other great players that had great first playoff series is because we are sort of hoping Bynum becomes our NEXT BIG CENTER that dominates the league, and i feel like he is gonna be just that, he needs to at least hustle on the court, even if he is a step slow in everythign else.

also to comment on the kobe thing, ill just say this, HE IS KOBE BRYANT AND THIS WAS IN UTAH. WHEN FANS BOO YOU EVERYTIME YOU TOUCH THE BALL AND BOO AND MAKE FUN OF YOUR TEAMMATES DAUGHTERS EYE, THEY DESERVED TO BE EMBARRASSED AS FANS, especially how they all are holding up "GET NASTY" signs.

Kobe never showed it "early". His first series against Utah he threw up 2 air balls in critical moments of that game.

You don't remember?

I wasn't trying to stir anything up, merely expressing my opinion of his play when the game was already decided. I didn't mean that he wasdisrespecting his opponent merely because he was trying to score. I thought it was disrespectful in that he had already played his game, there was nothing moreto add.

I don't believe it was a reach as much as it was an overreaction (Edit: I realize that it's essentially the samething
embarassed.gif
). With the game in hand, I believe that he shouldhave been moving the ball to let others get theirs and enjoy the win. I thought I remembered seeing a couple of his teammates ready to catch a pass when Kobewas stripped on his drive into three defenders and when he was doing his in between the legs dribbles before letting loose a 3.

Why not let Lamar take a 3 or Shannon take it to the rack? Why not drive and dish? I understand that he probably has a strong dislike for Utah, but thatshouldn't make him selfish. Share in the joy of winning a hard fought battle.

Regarding Bynum, I would have worried about this season's playoffs if he hadn't been injured for so long before they began and the Lakers offense anddefense were running in perfect sync. He was injured and the Lakers don't seem in sync for long stretches of time. We're not seeing a lot of thepassing we saw last season and early this season that made them so successful. On top of that, it's the playoffs and they're playing the Jazz. It'slike making a recently injured sprinter come back and run in mud.

I'll wait until the season is done before I begin worrying about whether or not he'll be a star.

Back
Top Bottom