Game 7: Hawks @ Celtics 1:00 est ABC {Where "They Aren't Who We Thought They Were" Happens}

frown.gif
oh well. see you in 09

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Boston fans on here might be taking things well...

But the Boston media and a lot of fans are some of the most obnoxious and arrogant people in sports.

Yes they are, thats why i hate the sox and pats

ESPNs massive coverage of the Yankees and Red Sox, now turned Celtics, doesnt equal Boston media.

Although, to a point, I agree. I hate Bob Ryan. I hate Michael Smith, sometimes. Jackie Mac is okay. I hate(d) Bob Lobel, although it was funny as hell whenhe'd report half buzzed. :lol:f

But Bill Simmons is my boy.
pimp.gif

I am getting pretty sick of the Patriots though.
laugh.gif
Thats bad when i'm being turned agains my own team.

**** Note to self: Hit my head against something, talk to myself and occasionally expose my nipple. That way I'll fool people into believing I'mpassionate.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

me (on the 2nd page):
At the end of the 3rd quarter, the Celtics could choose to play defense only and not score another basket... and they'd still win.

No hate on the Hawks, because I definitely love seeing an underdog prevail (unless of course the underdog is playing the Lakers
laugh.gif
), but I just don't see this happening.

I hope I'm wrong.
10508 Cardo Jr Ln (on the 2nd page):

eek.gif
who the **** are the Celtics, The Mon-Stars!?!

So as it turned out, at the end of the 3rd quarter, the Celtics had 79 points. The Hawks finished the game with 65 points.

So at the end of the 3rd quarter, the Celtics COULD have decided to stop scoring and play defense ONLY... and they would have won.

Like I said.

wink.gif

685188710_01e3d0879c.jpg
I left at halftime.. I don't even want to comment on what we gotta do for next year until we make some changes in the front office.

Nice win Celts, I still wanna see Ray win a chip.. just not with your team
laugh.gif
Bill Russell gave ya'll enough.

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

laugh.gif
@ Boston haters. KG's been doing that for years and now that he's on the Celts he gets hated on.

I hated KG when he did that when he was with the Wolves and I will continue to hate him for doing it now that he is on the Celts.
laugh.gif

And to top it all off, that damn Gatorade commercial that is on a countinous loop is starting to get on my damn nerves.
tongue.gif

None the less, big ups to the Hawks for forcing a Game 7...
smokin.gif

I prefer peanut butter. Or Oreo.

Nah, I just had a feeling that it would get ugly, bro. Sucks, because I think everyone outside of Boston (including myself) WANTED to see the Hawks pull itoff. I jut didn't think it was going to be a close game, though, not at their house.

I believe you guys will be strong next year, though (like I said earlier in the thread). Horford is my Rookie of the Year, and I've always likedBibby's game. Bibby's a nice PG to throw in with Josh, Josh, and Horford. He'll keep everyone involved, but the defense better not leave him open.

I think he'll come back improved next season, after going through a full offseason with his new teammates.

Don't wish that on me Ricky Bobby, Bibby needs to be traded asap but I know he'll be here for cap reasons..

It's cool tho.. I was gonna say my fav team in any sport is still > yours, but you got half of every league in your sig. How you reppin divisions andconferences..
roll.gif

I'm just pulling your leg (no romo)

Oooooh, not a fan of Bibby?

Dude's a gamer, in my opinion.

As for your other point: I see that you're new, but that shouldn't prevent you from seeing 5 teams, bro.
wink.gif
It couldn't possibly be more clear.
laugh.gif

Boston fans on here might be taking things well...

But the Boston media and a lot of fans are some of the most obnoxious and arrogant people in sports.

Let me ask you this: Who are you referring to specifically and in what medium? Clearly, if you are reading a publication like the Globe, the coverage andopinions will be slanted towards the Celtics because that is their main market. But if you are referring to ESPN pumping up the Pats and the Celts, that is notthe Boston media. While I agree that their coverage of New York and Boston sports is weighted heavily, that's the national media. And unfortunately thedirection sports coverage has been going is to oversaturate the market with coverage of the most successful teams with the largest demographics.

Now if you mean Boston media members who go on shows like PTI and Around the Horn, there's a lot of things to go on behind the scenes that skew what yousee. They are there to present an angle that is slanted towards Boston because that is their area of expertise. It's also in their best interest and in theshow's best interest to be polarizing because that is what keeps them in the spotlight and fans watching. Sad but true. But journalists like Bob Ryan andJackie MacMullan are highly respected at their craft and I see nothing that differentiates them from other regional journalists in their level of arrogance orobnoxiousness.

So unless you read the Boston papers regularly, it sounds like your beef is with ESPN.

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

laugh.gif
@ Boston haters. KG's been doing that for years and now that he's on the Celts he gets hated on.

I hated KG when he did that when he was with the Wolves and I will continue to hate him for doing it now that he is on the Celts.
laugh.gif

And to top it all off, that damn Gatorade commercial that is on a countinous loop is starting to get on my damn nerves.
tongue.gif

None the less, big ups to the Hawks for forcing a Game 7...
smokin.gif

If you have always disliked KG, that's your opinion and you are entitled to it. But it seems like a lot of people just choose to focus and hate on him now because he is in Boston, in a winning situation and playing for a city that is unfairly labeled as being unkind to black athletes. KG has always been intense, but until now, the main thing that people criticized him for was his lack of success in the playoffs and his play in big games. Hating is part of sports culture but I think the hate for KG has more to do with his national exposure and the team that he is playing for. Somehow, I doubt he would get the same reaction from NT if he were on the Knicks.

the replay is on
pimp.gif

Im watchin it cuz i was outta there the first time it showed

and i dont remember anything

was i high or did atlanta have 28 points in the second half?

Somehow, I doubt he would get the same reaction from NT if he were on the Lakers Knicks.

i've personally been indifferent to garnett, but there's no question if he were on my team i'd love him, and so do boston fans.

All you haters what is really good, they arent who we thought they were.... Hawks fans what exactly happened at the garden... a brutal beating made you kidslook silly. Hawks never had a chance the whole series, and your boy williams he wanted to get ejected dude didnt want to be on the floor with grown folk

Originally Posted by cicco1212

All you haters what is really good, they arent who we thought they were.... Hawks fans what exactly happened at the garden... a brutal beating made you kids look silly. Hawks never had a chance the whole series, and your boy williams he wanted to get ejected dude didnt want to be on the floor with grown folk

What's silly is making an argument that an opponent never had a chance in the series yet still won every game on their home court. Pass me the foolaid. I want to drive that crazy train of Celtic 7 game series in every round will get us a ring.

Never had a chance the whole series?

What kind of brainless crap is that?

The series went 7 games. If they never had a chance, you would have swept them.

All you haters what is really good, they arent who we thought they were.... Hawks fans what exactly happened at the garden... a brutal beating made you kids look silly. Hawks never had a chance the whole series, and your boy williams he wanted to get ejected dude didnt want to be on the floor with grown folk

You sound stupid. Think before you type. If the Celtics were grown folk they would have swept the Hawks like they were expected to. Had the Hawks show upmentally they would have had a shot. I hate fairweather fans especially those from Boston. Where were you last year?

I usually like KG, but yesterday was sorry for that dude. I lost a lot of respect for that fake tough guy. How he can run around screamin and beatin himselfover beating a team THIRTY games lower then you and feel all proud of himself is beyond me. And then to top it off with that fake tough screen and then bailoff the court is just sad.
smh.gif
KG might as well join theSuns next year next to his fake tough guy brother Amare.

Congrats to the Celts for advancin, major props to the Hawks for makin em work and playin the game the right way.

Let me ask you this: Who are you referring to specifically and in what medium? Clearly, if you are reading a publication like the Globe, the coverage and opinions will be slanted towards the Celtics because that is their main market. But if you are referring to ESPN pumping up the Pats and the Celts, that is not the Boston media. While I agree that their coverage of New York and Boston sports is weighted heavily, that's the national media. And unfortunately the direction sports coverage has been going is to oversaturate the market with coverage of the most successful teams with the largest demographics.

Now if you mean Boston media members who go on shows like PTI and Around the Horn, there's a lot of things to go on behind the scenes that skew what you see. They are there to present an angle that is slanted towards Boston because that is their area of expertise. It's also in their best interest and in the show's best interest to be polarizing because that is what keeps them in the spotlight and fans watching. Sad but true. But journalists like Bob Ryan and Jackie MacMullan are highly respected at their craft and I see nothing that differentiates them from other regional journalists in their level of arrogance or obnoxiousness.

So unless you read the Boston papers regularly, it sounds like your beef is with ESPN.

I wasn't talking about ESPN......at all.

I'm not an outsider speaking on that either, I see it first hand....I mean there are tons of examples..

But not really worth bringing up. I feel the same way about a lot of the NY Sports media.

I actually like Bob Ryan and Jackie Mac..

But as a whole sports knowledge is lacking, when the local experts flat out can't name Jacksonville's backfield by name in the playoffs, there's aproblem.

Like I said, It's the local media I know and I'm sure it's not all that different from others...but still a lot lack professionalism and fail to dotheir homework.

As far as fans...yeah..

That's the arrogance I'm talking about. And it happens a lot.

Actually I really have little tolerance for the Celtics and Sox....Pats don't bother me much and have no dislike towards the Bruins...

So I probably pick up on things more, just cause I'm looking to hate. And I'll admit that
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

Let me ask you this: Who are you referring to specifically and in what medium? Clearly, if you are reading a publication like the Globe, the coverage and opinions will be slanted towards the Celtics because that is their main market. But if you are referring to ESPN pumping up the Pats and the Celts, that is not the Boston media. While I agree that their coverage of New York and Boston sports is weighted heavily, that's the national media. And unfortunately the direction sports coverage has been going is to oversaturate the market with coverage of the most successful teams with the largest demographics.

Now if you mean Boston media members who go on shows like PTI and Around the Horn, there's a lot of things to go on behind the scenes that skew what you see. They are there to present an angle that is slanted towards Boston because that is their area of expertise. It's also in their best interest and in the show's best interest to be polarizing because that is what keeps them in the spotlight and fans watching. Sad but true. But journalists like Bob Ryan and Jackie MacMullan are highly respected at their craft and I see nothing that differentiates them from other regional journalists in their level of arrogance or obnoxiousness.

I wasn't talking about ESPN......at all.

I'm not an outsider speaking on that either, I see it first hand....I mean there are tons of examples..

But not really worth bringing up. I feel the same way about a lot of the NY Sports media.

I actually like Bob Ryan and Jackie Mac..

But as a whole sports knowledge is lacking, when the local experts flat out can't name Jacksonville's backfield by name in the playoffs, there's a problem.

Like I said, It's the local media I know and I'm sure it's not all that different from others...but still a lot lack professionalism and fail to do their homework.

As far as fans...yeah..

Actually I really have little tolerance for the Celtics and Sox....Pats don't bother me much and have no dislike towards the Bruins...

So I probably pick up on things more, just cause I'm looking to hate. And I'll admit that
laugh.gif

Obviously I can't defend the Boston media if you don't get into specifics. But if it's a lack of general sports knowledge based on individualincidents, that's really no different than other regional journalists who happen to slip.

As far as fans go, that's everywhere and once the homers are separated from the real fans, Boston fans are some of the most dedicated and educatedsports fans I've met.

you ain't lying
tired.gif

i'm split on what you're talking about because i live in MA but was raised in NY and am a huge Pats and Yankee fan...so I can sort of see it fromboth perspectives

when it comes to the Red Sox and a lot of their fans, that type of crap up there is said on the regular EVERYWHERE...i'm not trying to group all thefans in one category, but there a lot of really ignorant people around here or just walk around with a Boston is holier than thou attitude...
allen3xis, itseems you live around here...you probably know what i'm talking about when i say there was a MAJOR change of attitude around here once the Red Sox finallybroke through in '04 and won it...it started with the local media and carried over to other sports talk here...i'm a huge Pats fan, but sometimes Ifeel disgusted that certain people I hear talk sports root for the same team as I do...
tired.gif

as far as I know, there's no Pats fans on NT like that though...DeadsetAce, jbug and the rest of the boys are cool and don't act that way
once the homers are separated from the real fans, Boston fans are some of the most dedicated and educated sports fans I've met.

agreed...there are many Boston fans that have a lot of knowledge concerning sports and are true diehard fans...but there's so many homers and idiotsnowadays, that they make everyone look bad...

Back
Top Bottom