Game of the year? 2011

The-Witcher-2.jpeg

Yes, better than Skyrim.

Ubersampling =
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JuiceEsquire

laugh.gif
I know it's already been mentioned, but, how the hell does OP make a GOTY thread and NOT include Skyrim OR Portal 2?

TECHNICALLY....LA Noir should win. Based off of how in-depth this game was and they used new never before seen vg facial recognition technology. Only caveat was that the game got a boring in certain spots.

Batman: AC is a great game but it was too short and tedious

Portal 2 was awesome ...really really awesome. Idk for some reason though, I still can't call it GOTY even though the game was FLAWLESS to me.

Skryim will probably win all the game awards. Really no explanation needed, the game is stellar. One problem I have....TOO MANY QUESTS! Good lord the amount of quests and the prolonging of certain quests really drag the game at times.

-The Juice

add the santa hat and ill nominate you for avy of the year 
laugh.gif

I know Skyrim gets a lot of praise, but if the Wii was played more by people ages 18-35 then the new Zelda game would win across all categories or be neck and neck with Skyrim.

Skyward Sword is getting straight 9-10's from almost all reviewers, but I believe Skyrim is too... the only thing is that since the Wii gets no love by most gamers that Zelda game will be overlooked and overshadowed for the masterpiece that it is... Ocarina of Time praise they're giving it, but I would still choose OoT over it.

Luckily my girl has a Wii so I don't have to go out and buy that sh.. just to play this game... I've played and beaten every Zelda game from Link to the Past on... yes that includes Wind Waker
30t6p3b.gif

It doesn't matter though because MW3 rules all with the money that sh.. is bringing in is unheard of in videogames... and to top it off they're making us pay for a service that Bungie has been doing with Halo since Halo 2
30t6p3b.gif
can't knock their hustle though.

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

I know Skyrim gets a lot of praise, but if the Wii was played more by people ages 18-35 then the new Zelda game would win across all categories or be neck and neck with Skyrim.
I'm a big Zelda fan and it's my favorite series but I forgot that the game was even coming out and what the name of it was.  
ohwell.gif

Nintendo has lost me as a fan.  They take forever to release Zelda games.  I don't like the wii or it's crappy controls and controllers.  Their new system just looks like a new version of the wii which leads me to believe it's just a new version of crap.

I really want to try Skyrim. I like the whole RPG aspect to the game, but I hate the whole medieval genre.

Originally Posted by Skateboard

I really want to try Skyrim. I like the whole RPG aspect to the game, but I hate the whole medieval genre.

Thats why I just play Fallout instead. Fallout> Elder Scrolls

skyrim has a very short lifespan as far as attention is concerned.

i havent touched it in weeks after going beyond hard....

Originally Posted by CurbYourEnthusiasm

Same here but I plan on picking it up here and there... Gonna make the game last a long time, I'm like lvl 27 or something right now and didn't even really do the main quest yet... Theres a LOT of game to be played yet.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Originally Posted by CurbYourEnthusiasm

Same here but I plan on picking it up here and there... Gonna make the game last a long time, I'm like lvl 27 or something right now and didn't even really do the main quest yet... Theres a LOT of game to be played yet.

i was over 100 hours damn near a month ago

roll.gif

Originally Posted by StonedFace

It's cool though everyone has different opinions, didn't mean to hurt any feelings by saying Skyrim isn't the best game ever.
im prolly farther than them all and i can say skyrim isnt the best game ever....for as "deep" as people claim the game is, its very shallow, imo

7 types of armor but 300 locations?
roll.gif

7 types of swords but 10000 enemies?
roll.gif

lemme get this straight, 12000 different books but 4 skintones? 
roll.gif

the amount of glitches and restarts due to the laughablly simple combat system....

i havent touched it in weeks.

not to say it isnt dope...not even to say it isnt game of the year (2011)

but best of all time? free of criticism?

eyes.gif

I play FIFA 12 more

Back
Top Bottom