Game of Thrones prequel series: House of the Dragon

xpms3jop94q91.jpg

Last edited:
Love the show so far. The actors just aren’t selling the roles for me like the OG show.
After watching the episode, the actors playing Alicent and Rhaenyra are carrying but still feel largely the same about everyone else.

I really don’t get this beef from alicent‘s perspective

like I got it initially, but after she found out about Criston.. zero clue why she’d get deeper

i get after having kids and wanting her own child on the throne

I really don’t like this time jump and actor changes. Old Alicent and Princes Rhae were the only baes on the show now it’s so meh without them. Also nothing really feels important just random drama and plotting for no real reason.

Viserys hang in there fam. It's almost time
stopcover.jpg

They got Corey Booker casted with a white wig to play older Laenor
giphy (86).gif

Harwin playing the step-dad while actually being the real dad 😭

62a.png

Criston touched it once and still acting like a ***** a decade later. All them seeds planted and not a single one is yours
pacspit.png

AliCersei. I see your vision you spiteful queen
pacspit.png

Mike Targ =

Namond_Brice.jpg

Why girl give herself the dragon breath? (I liked that the dragon didn't want to do it)

Havin Rae give birth then walk around the castle drippin was lowkey pissin me off.

Lord Softstroke just sat around on a roof for a decade readin library books? :lol:

I really don’t like this time jump and actor changes. Old Alicent and Princes Rhae were the only baes on the show now it’s so meh without them. Also nothing really feels important just random drama and plotting for no real reason.
This story is setting the stage for something very important. It’s all building up and doing it well.

like I got it initially, but after she found out about Criston.. zero clue why she’d get deeper

It does feel a bit far fetched or maybe the execution isn’t being completely upfront with it but IMO it’s the influence and word of her father really engraining the idea that it’s either aegon or rhaenyra to the throne. they tried to sell it more in the scene where Aegon was beating his meat out the window and got caught :lol: alicent telling him to ready TF up cause ****’s bout to go down.

It’s not just about wanting her own kids on the throne. It’s about survival. Whoever ascends the throne in theory has to wipe out any challengers to the throne. That’s what Robert Baratheon basically did. Even though he didn’t condone killing kids (at least the Martell/Targaryen kids) it was done on his behalf because there couldn’t be any Targaryens left to challenge his claim. It’s why Daenerys and her brother fled to Essos. Cersei/Joffrey did a similar thing when they found out about Robert’s bastard kids. Had the majority of them killed. Any potential challenger can gather enough people to their side to oppose the claim to the throne. Rhae is the officially named heir but she’s a woman and her kids clearly aren’t from her husband. It weakens her position. Alicent is the king’s wife, has Targaryen kids but because Viserys named Rhea as his successor, he inadvertently put crosshairs on Alicent and her children’s back because Rhae has supporters who would back her claim. That’s what Otto told Alicent when he was fired as Hand.

Last edited:
Since theyve done this time jump and swapped out young rhae, i find that there’s really no likeable characters so far. Im still in rhaes corner but it just feels different with this new chick.

Thought cole was gonna be that guy but his character has done a complete 180.

GOT had jon snow and danerys (for awhile) as beacons of hope. Who tf is gonna save THIS mess? Lol

I foresee nothing but doom and gloom for these guys. Lol

Btw, larys needs the theon greyjoy treatment.

She went from being a sweetheart to a spiteful ****.

Back
Top Bottom