Game of Thrones prequel series: House of the Dragon

What? Everyone one of those should be her concern.
Not even a little bit either.
S like 1-10 is life or death in Kings Landing.
She should be just the way she is, for every reason dude listed.
I agree that based on her personality traits, it makes sense for her to be concerned about what Rhea does, but if she just try to mend the relationship with Rhea as opposed to outright seeking vengeance, than most of those wouldn't be a concern. Rhea has never shown to be ruthless or spiteful, just spontaneous and strong-willed. But I'm not going to against what's already written, I just wanted to see her becoming the women that she is presented in an expanded manner rather than just a time-skip.

She is the way she is, but the transition from her being "concerning" to her being malicious in a half an episode seems too undeveloped to me.

The real issue is that you can't jump 30 years between Episode 1 and Episode 6 and expect to come out clean.
Like calibeebee calibeebee mentioned, how can you care about any of these ***** and Spawts.
What's real?, we got there(where we are now) with a cheat code that took us from Don Flamenco straight to Mike Tyson, invested.....yea hardly.

Since theyve done this time jump and swapped out young rhae, i find that there’s really no likeable characters so far. Im still in rhaes corner but it just feels different with this new chick.

Thought cole was gonna be that guy but his character has done a complete 180.

GOT had jon snow and danerys (for awhile) as beacons of hope. Who tf is gonna save THIS mess? Lol

I foresee nothing but doom and gloom for these guys. Lol

Btw, larys needs the theon greyjoy treatment.
it's Daemon.

The real issue is that you can't jump 30 years between Episode 1 and Episode 6 and expect to come out clean.
Like calibeebee calibeebee mentioned, how do you care about any of these ***** and Spawts.
You can flesh out the transition in which a character changes BEFORE the "jump" though to make it seem more believeable.

Since theyve done this time jump and swapped out young rhae, i find that there’s really no likeable characters so far. Im still in rhaes corner but it just feels different with this new chick.

Thought cole was gonna be that guy but his character has done a complete 180.

GOT had jon snow and danerys (for awhile) as beacons of hope. Who tf is gonna save THIS mess? Lol

I foresee nothing but doom and gloom for these guys. Lol

Btw, larys needs the theon greyjoy treatment.
I'm still on Rhea's corner, she seems to still be sensible and strong-willed. She just doesn't have the cheerfulness like she used to.

Cole turned into a little pitiful bastard, get over it man it's been 10 years!!! :lol:

If this show wants to hyper jump, just hurry up and get to the Rhaneara and Daemon power couple and Aegon III 💯

Show gettin kinda trash imo. Characters having full arcs in 2 episodes? Gonna lose interest pretty quick just watching live birth after live birth and expected to care? Who are these people? What is even at stake anymore? How is anyone supposed to care who sits on the throne?

Like is a lowly peasant supposed to keep track of all the babies and incest and bastards by diff people? The people of the council can’t even keep track. Everything coming off the rails, and not in an interesting way. They need some likeable characters for sure. There isn’t a single one to root for.

Agreed. There's not much to grab on to though 6 episodes. We barely know any characters and nothing but marriage/baby heir conversation for half the season

It's still entertaining enough and I'll keep watching but the characters, plot, storylines, dialogue are second rate so far with a few exceptions

I have no doubt that it'll start to pick up when the participants starts picking their sides.

So far I'm enjoying "Rings of Power" more since it has more world building and leans more towards fantasy, but the I appreciate the more grounded approach this show too.

from how I see it, the problem originally lies with Viserys being weak. if he imposed his will, they wouldn't question his selection of his successor no matter what. it became complicated when Alicent became involved with Viserys (no thanks to Otto) which was the cause of the riff between Alicent and Rhae. Rhae who has no ambition of taking the Iron Throne has become angry with Alicent's betrayal that she made a point to take the Iron Throne. all this because the Council didn't want Daemon to become a successor.

and as far as Alicent goes, she is easily manipulated. they got a lil finger in their midst.

from how I see it, the problem originally lies with Viserys being weak. if he imposed his will, they wouldn't question his selection of his successor no matter what. it became complicated when Alicent became involved with Viserys (no thanks to Otto) which was the cause of the riff between Alicent and Rhae. Rhae who has no ambition of taking the Iron Throne has become angry with Alicent's betrayal that she made a point to take the Iron Throne. all this because the Council didn't want Daemon to become a successor.

and as far as Alicent goes, she is easily manipulated. they got a lil finger in their midst.

King Vis just wanted peace and to build his Lego's in peace and happiness for the fam. Dude was genuinely happy at Rhae's marriage offer and bonus gift of an egg.

Why girl give herself the dragon breath? (I liked that the dragon didn't want to do it)

Havin Rae give birth then walk around the castle drippin was lowkey pissin me off.

Lord Softstroke just sat around on a roof for a decade readin library books? :lol:
She knew what time it was (she was gonna die in childbirth) and chose to go out her way instead.

She and her family are proud of their warrior lineage and she already foreshadowed it earlier by saying she’d rather die a dragonriders death than die fat and old in a castle.
Show gettin kinda trash imo. Characters having full arcs in 2 episodes? Gonna lose interest pretty quick just watching live birth after live birth and expected to care? Who are these people? What is even at stake anymore? How is anyone supposed to care who sits on the throne?

Like is a lowly peasant supposed to keep track of all the babies and incest and bastards by diff people? The people of the council can’t even keep track. Everything coming off the rails, and not in an interesting way. They need some likeable characters for sure. There isn’t a single one to root for.
I think we’re done with the time jumps for the rest of the season so things can finally get back on track and give the characters a little room to breathe :lol:

The more I think about it if they’re doing multiple seasons of this show they should’ve just let the younger cast rock the entire season or until the season finale before the time jump.

But I don’t know how many seasons they’re aiming for. If it’s 4 okay maybe this approach works but 5 or more and this would be a misstep.

I know where this is going so it does at times feels like going through the motions seeing these marriages and temporary alliances that aren’t going to last.

Kinda feels like The Tudors watching Henry run through multiple wives.

The more I think about it if they’re doing multiple seasons of this show they should’ve just let the younger cast rock the entire season or until the season finale before the time jump.

But I don’t know how many seasons they’re aiming for. If it’s 4 okay maybe this approach works but 5 or more and this would be a misstep.

I know where this is going so it does at times feels like going through the motions seeing these marriages and temporary alliances that aren’t going to last.

Kinda feels like The Tudors watching Henry run through multiple wives.
Maybe there isn't much event to focus on the younger cast as well. I would hate a series with a lot of filler episodes like what marvel series are doing.

Him.

THE Him.

Night_king.png
That's Viserys for sure. Son won't die.

It's that time of the week again to immerse ourselves in Hot D!

I wasn't sure about the timejump and character change... and I still haven't adjusted to it in my mind... but Emma D’Arcy and Olivia Cooke were great at it.

Ugh... I wanna slap Criston (like Harwin did) every time I see his damn face. FFS. And Larys... I wanna slap him too... but at least he's a great villain! We love to hate Alicent too, but at the same time, Rhaenyra, WTF are you doing having THREE bastard children with Harwin! I mean, try to have one kid with Laenor to legitimize the marriage!

RIP Laena! 😮

Screenshot 2022-08-07 011355.jpg

Maybe there isn't much event to focus on the younger cast as well. I would hate a series with a lot of filler episodes like what marvel series are doing.
They could’ve done a lot more with what they already have.

They botched things with how quickly they wrapped up things with crab guy. Could’ve had a dope 3 episodes off of that alone.

Alicent supported Rhae's lie, dealt with the horrible consequences of her father's firing and banishment from Kings Landing, and then learned a separate truth about her, almost as bad the original, and realized she'd been deceived. Is she not supposed to be upset?

This first season takes place over 30 years. At least 15 have already passed. Is she not supposed to grow more and more bitter while she pumps out doomed child after doomed child for a king who is having every extremity but his penis fall off while his oldest continues to get away with devastating lies on her way to a throne her offspring don't really deserve?

Rhae didn't bother to have a single child that looked black or valyrian and she's STILL getting away with it :lol: Meanwhile the only people Alicent consorts with are servants and Criston (who's just a fancy servant) while she slowly waits for the husband she now hates to die even though it'll most likely end in her and her children being sent into the afterlife with him. And the only other person acknowledging the truth that'll save their lives and helping her is a madman who just burned his father & brother alive :rofl:

In 6 eps all she's done is be used by the royal family and her own and we're seeing how it very plainly plays out for her over multiple decades. A lonely life in a gilded cage, breeding kids that her father pushed her into making with a man that disgusts her, knowing the most likely scenario that saves them all from a violent end is civil war. What's not to get? I'd be mad too :lol:

I mean she could have smashed the knight from the Strong family on the side. But she should have been smart and get a fluffer or something to get her husband to shoot up the club and at least have 1 kid with him. She didn’t think tho.

Go watch tic toc videos or something then.

Back
Top Bottom