Game of Thrones prequel series: House of the Dragon

Alicent supported Rhae's lie, dealt with the horrible consequences of her father's firing and banishment from Kings Landing, and then learned a separate truth about her, almost as bad the original, and realized she'd been deceived. Is she not supposed to be upset?

This first season takes place over 30 years. At least 15 have already passed. Is she not supposed to grow more and more bitter while she pumps out doomed child after doomed child for a king who is having every extremity but his penis fall off while his oldest continues to get away with devastating lies on her way to a throne her offspring don't really deserve?

Rhae didn't bother to have a single child that looked black or valyrian and she's STILL getting away with it :lol: Meanwhile the only people Alicent consorts with are servants and Criston (who's just a fancy servant) while she slowly waits for the husband she now hates to die even though it'll most likely end in her and her children being sent into the afterlife with him. And the only other person acknowledging the truth that'll save their lives and helping her is a madman who just burned his father & brother alive :rofl:

In 6 eps all she's done is be used by the royal family and her own and we're seeing how it very plainly plays out for her over multiple decades. A lonely life in a gilded cage, breeding kids that her father pushed her into making with a man that disgusts her, knowing the most likely scenario that saves them all from a violent end is civil war. What's not to get? I'd be mad too :lol:
then run away or renounce any claim like what his son Aegon said. there is really no point with her being there if she genuinely believes that she and her children will be in danger. her being there and dismissing Rhae's proposal just solidified the fact that she wanted the Iron Throne for herself and her family. they make it appear that she is a victim here but she still decided on it regardless of influence from people around her. she is being played around by everybody and she allows herself to be influenced.

Alicent supported Rhae's lie, dealt with the horrible consequences of her father's firing and banishment from Kings Landing, and then learned a separate truth about her, almost as bad the original, and realized she'd been deceived. Is she not supposed to be upset?

This first season takes place over 30 years. At least 15 have already passed. Is she not supposed to grow more and more bitter while she pumps out doomed child after doomed child for a king who is having every extremity but his penis fall off while his oldest continues to get away with devastating lies on her way to a throne her offspring don't really deserve?
She should just mind her business and stop being jealous.

The king named his heir. End of story. There’s no “deserve” in this situation.

Her father did it to himself. He kept worrying about the future and a war his lineage will be caught up in when he was the one that pushed for his daughter to get with the king in the first place.
Rhae didn't bother to have a single child that looked black or valyrian and she's STILL getting away with it :lol: Meanwhile the only people Alicent consorts with are servants and Criston (who's just a fancy servant) while she slowly waits for the husband she now hates to die even though it'll most likely end in her and her children being sent into the afterlife with him. And the only other person acknowledging the truth that'll save their lives and helping her is a madman who just burned his father & brother alive :rofl:

In 6 eps all she's done is be used by the royal family and her own and we're seeing how it very plainly plays out for her over multiple decades. A lonely life in a gilded cage, breeding kids that her father pushed her into making with a man that disgusts her, knowing the most likely scenario that saves them all from a violent end is civil war. What's not to get? I'd be mad too :lol:
She did it to herself. Should’ve defied her father and be cool with just being the princess’s bff.

Now she’s in league with a simp and a lunatic willing to kill his entire family.

All of it could’ve been avoided. She need to look in a mirror.

Last edited:
Can we talk about ol' Criston still being butt hurt for a rejection that happened 10 years ago.

Them Targaryen yams put a hold on dudes :lol:

She got married to someone while repeatedly getting knocked up by her side dude AND he has to see her everyday along with having to train her bastard kids. :rofl:

He almost offed himself so being salty is a tad less extreme. Plus he can't get new a chick/yambs :ohwell:

To us it's a fictional show so we can say any old BS but realistically almost none of us would be thriving in her situation.

"The teenage girl who lives in a world in which she's been raised to be male property should've just defied her father, the 2nd most powerful man in the country."

"The current queen should just run away. Leave if you don't like it."

"The only legitimate claimants to the throne should just renounce their claim for people they know have none."

"Just give up power, it's easy."

These are the homerun ideas she's passing up on :lol:

When you play the game of thrones you win or you die. Alicent was made a player, forced into being one by her father. Forced into coming to Kings Landing as a child. Forced into being Viserys' wife as a teen. Forced into being Aegon and Aemond and Helaena's mother as a woman. What we're seeing and have been seeing are her amateur attempts to take agency for survival when she never thought she'd have to. She's realistically written and her arc is compelling.

To us it's a fictional show so we can say any old BS but realistically almost none of us would be thriving in her situation.

"The teenage girl who lives in a world in which she's been raised to be male property should've just defied her father, the 2nd most powerful man in the country."

"The only legitimate claimants to the throne should just renounce their claim for people they know have none."

These are the homerun ideas she's passing up on :lol:

When you play the game of thrones you win or you die. Alicent was made a player, forced into being one by her father. Forced into coming to Kings Landing as a child. Forced into being Viserys' wife as a teen. Forced into being Aegon and Aemond and Helaena's mother as a woman. What we're seeing and have been seeing are her amateur attempts to take agency for survival when she never thought she'd have to. She's realistically written and her arc is compelling.
That part.

“She did it to herself” as if she wasn’t a little girl being manipulated and controlled by powerful men including her father.

1664230558919.png

Last edited:
Also...I don't mind the actor switch at all other than Older Rhae looking like homie from Euphoria. I actually think Young/Older Alicent look pretty damn similar.

The quoutables were off the cheesestick.

Rhaenyra looked like she was finna yell Dracarys when old dude said his name will be Joffrey. I almost done chocked on my cheese and crackers when he said that.

Like nah I didn't think I was finna hear that name ever again.

And yeah I told y'all Alicent was about to be Cersei but in a much more Mommy Dearest manner. Cersei never lost her temper like we've seen Alicent too.

Larys was channeling Rico when he told Alicent his dad and brother died at Harrenhal. His whole vibe was, people die in that castle everyday B. :lol: Alicent's fake shock is somewhat believable.

And yo they went a little too far in the descriptive audio of those birth scenes :sick:

Alicent telling Laenor "maybe one day they'll look like you" when he was holding the baby.

"Plain featured sons"

Ser Criston calling Rhaenyra a **** with the vitriol of a thousand NTers.

Quotables for days. :rofl:

I died when Rhaenera told Laenor he cant go "wiggle his sword around while winking at his sailors"

Ol boy gonna be on the boat like

samwell-what-what.gif

Last edited:
Also...I don't mind the actor switch at all other than Older Rhae looking like homie from Euphoria. I actually think Young/Older Alicent look pretty damn similar.
Was watching some these interview videos and didn't expect her to look like this...

I mean she could've defied her father without really defying him.

Girls know how to say or do something that'll turn off a guy.

Once she isn't chosen that's the end of that. Probably get married off to another lord.
She's realistically written and her arc is compelling.
:lol:

That part.

“She did it to herself” as if she wasn’t a little girl being manipulated and controlled by powerful men including her father.
Oh please.

Y’all trying to paint her as some dumb dumb like she didn’t know what it meant to cozy up next to Viserys and what becoming Queen entailed. Otto laid it out for her before she did and hammered it down again before he got kicked out.

These are the homerun ideas she's passing up on
:lol:

I’m lost on these other options. That and her kids got the legitimate claim since she was named heir by the king. Alicent and her kids are on the side of no woman should sit on the iron throne so ignore Rhae being the heir and have one of her sons be the next heir.

That’s really all it comes down to.

This idea that she is so naive and has no agency ain’t accurate.

Yup. Ain’t see that coming.

Curious about what his Endgame is. It doesn’t seem like its Alicent’s yambs.

His brother was next in line....so he's got the juice now

And to align himself next to someone in power so he maybe can get a role with the next King

Oh please.

Y’all trying to paint her as some dumb dumb like she didn’t know what it meant to cozy up next to Viserys and what becoming Queen entailed. Otto laid it out for her before she did and hammered it down again before he got kicked out.

I’m lost on these other options. That and her kids got the legitimate claim since she was named heir by the king. Alicent and her kids are on the side of no woman should sit on the iron throne so ignore Rhae being the heir and have one of her sons be the next heir.

That’s really all it comes down to.

This idea that she is so naive and has no agency ain’t accurate.
they show her character as stupid and easily manipulated. I don't buy the whole thing about losing trust to Rhae that made her so spiteful. first of all, Alicent was the one that started it by seducing the King and keeping it a secret from Rhae which very much started their quarrel. 2nd, she assumed Rhae and never trusted her when Rhae mentioned that she didn't have any sexual activity with Daemon. in fact, Alicent went to the lengths of even asking boytoy Criston of such rumor and found out that Rhae never lied since it wasn't Daemon. 3rd, she never entertained the idea of joining houses or rebuilding the relationship with Rhae eventhough it is the most logical way of strengthening their families and avoiding conflict between houses. 4th, Alicent is listening to a worm that pretty much murdered his own family for his own benefit. if those are not any signs of stupidity and conspiracy, then what?

Back
Top Bottom