Game of Thrones prequel series: House of the Dragon

It's that time of the week again to immerse ourselves in Hot D!

I wasn't sure about the timejump and character change... and I still haven't adjusted to it in my mind... but Emma D’Arcy and Olivia Cooke were great at it.

Ugh... I wanna slap Criston (like Harwin did) every time I see his damn face. FFS. And Larys... I wanna slap him too... but at least he's a great villain! We love to hate Alicent too, but at the same time, Rhaenyra, WTF are you doing having THREE bastard children with Harwin! I mean, try to have one kid with Laenor to legitimize the marriage!

RIP Laena! 😮

Screenshot 2022-08-07 011355.jpg
AB9A0B73-7FE3-42A2-B0D0-FACC8C5C078A.png

I feel like they needed more women involved in the writing

they really needed to do a better job getting us to Alicent being this

also Criston probably should be fleshed out more considering how far he’s willing to go now, using kids and all

Last edited:
The king aged horribly. Dude been stressed as f for 5 episodes. :lol:

His body is deteriorating rapidly. Half of bro's arm was missing this episode :lol: He should be wearing the gold face mask within the next two episodes. Dude looks worse than the crypt keeper.

they show her character as stupid and easily manipulated. I don't buy the whole thing about losing trust to Rhae that made her so spiteful. first of all, Alicent was the one that started it by seducing the King and keeping it a secret from Rhae which very much started their quarrel.
I mean to me she can’t be stupid and easily manipulated and at the same time have the smarts to seduce the king to become the new queen.

I don’t see why anyone would hate Larys at all.

It’s not like the other Strongs were beloved characters.

There was literally no set up to even establish Harwin becoming Rhae’s lover. It’s the same older actor playing the role before and after the time skip.

Criston on the other hand, is clearly ho made.

If that’s how Larys treats his family, he can’t be trusted. I’ve known people who’ve done horrible things to relatives (not on Larys level mind you), those are the biggest snakes in the grass. Can’t trust them to tell you what color the sky is.

:rofl:

I don’t see why anyone would hate Larys at all.

It’s not like the other Strongs were beloved characters.

There was literally no set up to even establish Harwin becoming Rhae’s lover. It’s the same older actor playing the role before and after the time skip.

Criston on the other hand, is clearly ho made.

the only "set up" was when he told his son to grab rhae during the wedding :lol:

Can someone break down why Alicent would want Rhaenery’s baby daddy and his pops gone?

Can someone break down why Alicent would want Rhaenery’s baby daddy and his pops gone?

They would probably back Rhae in her claim. Harwin in particular has the Gold Cloaks on his side. It’s like Rhae has an army within King’s Landing when the times come for her to take the throne. And Harwin’s dad, as impartial as he tries to be, still loves his son. His counsel would be biased in favor of his son. Getting rid of them would make Rhae weaker.

Pops - forces him from being Hand of the King and leaves room for her pops to return.
Son - No way he doesn't retaliate for his father's death if he's alive. He's not the smartest Strong, but he ain't dumb.

Littlefinger + vARYS = LARYS. Overly ambition and takes "what's best" way too far/seriously.

Back
Top Bottom