Game of Thrones prequel series: House of the Dragon

If Visery is alive with this next time jump I’m going to lose it 🤣🤣

He loves Rhae and his family but the knucklehead could’ve eased the tension by calling an audible by naming Aegon heir to the throne.

Rhae would’ve been sad for a day or two but would’ve forgotten it after she got the dragon from somebody.

All these time jumps and years passed and we’ve only seen one war or so. We know Visery is a softy but he had the realm in check lol
Be prepared to lose it. I fully expect this to be his last episode though. Maester Aemond would be impressed by his years lived.

Otto was holding court on the Iron Throne...I don't see Viserys making passed this episode.

I have an LG oled, it was dark. They said they intentionally made it dark so I'm not even sure what the debate is. If it wasn't dark then you probably need to check your settings or get a new TV.

Out here watching on the built-in "vivid" setting with trumotion on talking crazy.
I have a C1. It wasn't dark enough where I'm squinting to make out whats on the screen.

If Visery is alive with this next time jump I’m going to lose it 🤣🤣

He loves Rhae and his family but the knucklehead could’ve eased the tension by calling an audible by naming Aegon heir to the throne.

Rhae would’ve been sad for a day or two but would’ve forgotten it after she got the dragon from somebody.

All these time jumps and years passed and we’ve only seen one war or so. We know Visery is a softy but he had the realm in check lol
He’s probably bedridden but not dead in the next episode. He’s one of the voiceovers on the episode preview

Last edited:
I don’t think it being dark is the issue people are talking about. Obviously dark scenes are dark. But if your tv can’t handle blacks very well then a dark scene will look bad and hard to make out.

If your tv can handle blacks well it’s not difficult to make out what’s happening.

Bruh, if millions of folks are complaining about an issue that was intentionally implemented by the creators of the show....

I'm not sure whats there to discuss. The creators ****** up. The end.

I would have cut them more slack had it not been intentional.

Not HotD related, but this gave me a chuckle so i thought i’d share

GRRM needs to redeem the ending and do a sequel where Dany is resurrected, gets her armies from the free cities/Essos, and gets her Aegon conquest on. Still has her dragon, still has potential for more dragons.

Either that or a different type of invasion.

I got a glimpse of Viserys next ep. Son looks TERRIBLE :lol:

The new parts of him missing are just ****** up.

The last ep was dark but i was able to make out Aemond's pale face as he tried to bond with the dragon. Made out the Rhae and Daemon sex scene. Knowing what I know now I can see how they artificially made those scenes dark. I just thought it was one of those particularly dark days (been pretty murky and raining past few days in NY).

If anything it was brighter during the children fighting scenes :lol:

The GoT s8 ep was waaaaaaay darker.

Last edited:
He's still living though, that's incredible. I wouldn't want whatever he has and decades of suffering, put me out asap with a dragon rider's death.

I understand them wanting to darken the scenes as a creative choice, but with so many ppl around the world watching it on various TV panels AND different devices, I think it's unreasonable to expect all the screens to have the same level of brightness and be able to handle the black levels.

Surely, with so many ppl streaming the show and not everyone having the same broadband speeds, the compression and artifacts and all that tech-related stuff won't help with the picture quality either?

I understand them wanting to darken the scenes as a creative choice, but with so many ppl around the world watching it on various TV panels AND different devices, I think it's unreasonable to expect all the screens to have the same level of brightness and be able to handle the black levels.

Surely, with so many ppl streaming the show and not everyone having the same broadband speeds, the compression and artifacts and all that tech-related stuff won't help with the picture quality either?

These GoT shows cost millions of dollars per episode. They’re not worried about some broke bois and girls who can’t get a decent TV. Get ya coppers up, ya base knaves.

These GoT shows cost millions of dollars per episode. They’re not worried about some broke bois and girls who can’t get a decent TV. Get ya coppers up, ya base knaves.
ironbank.gif

Nah Vis better be dead next episode, that man deserves peace…dude has lived a whole hell on earth with this family, all my man’s ever wanted was to play with his scaled city, I CAN TOTALLY RELATE

That was one of my favorite parts of the episode.

At the end of his ropes and his memory’s starting to betray him. Misses his first wife, and doesn’t bother to correct himself when the knights try to help him out. Bro pretty much said “nah… leave her here, I don’t want to be bothered” :lol:

Last edited:
You have to have a tv that handles blacks well.
why are you bringing race into this?

(jk)
but I agree. I run mine using a calibration some pro came up with for my TV. plasma > *

it's dark on the beach at night, and I liked that they emulated that a bit, but I guess some of you would prefer Wheel of Time style brightness.

Last edited:
Part of me feels like Rhaenyra doesn’t even want to be queen. More so she’s doing it to honor her father’s request. Almost as if it’d be a sigh of relief if Viserys just names Aegon king.
She doesn't, she found it necessary to take action when the house of Green started threatening the Targaryen family.

It depends on the tv. I watch on an LG OLED and it looks great. You have to have a tv that handles blacks well.

I have an older Samsung LED in another room and it looked completely different. Basically you need to watch on an OLED.
How I missed my Plasma Tv.

She doesn't, she found it necessary to take action when the house of Green started threatening the Targaryen family.
Interesting take. You could lay claim that House of Green is claiming they're more Targaryen then Rhaenyra's own house.

Still Team Black tho.

Back
Top Bottom