Game of Thrones prequel series: House of the Dragon

What determines which Targ gets a dragon? In the current timeline they said there are 10 dragons, so how does this work? Viserys rode Balerion until it died of old age. So was that it for him? Like oh well that's a wrap? Not to say there should be 1 for every Targ, but I'm just curious about the breeding of the dragons and what the thought process was.

It's both. You choose your dragon who has to actively choose you back. Viserys didn't want to ride anyone after Balerion, but Balerion had riders before him and if he outlived him probably would've afterwards.

Yea so....the dragon chooses to accept you or not. The dragon chooses. Some don't wish to be ridden at all.

What determines which Targ gets a dragon? In the current timeline they said there are 10 dragons, so how does this work?

Depends on who has riderless dragons or dragon eggs. Depends on if those dragons choose those riders. It should come up in the show later on. Like anything involving the Targaryens, bonding with a dragon is complicated and potentially dangerous. Targs have a supernatural/metaphysical connection to the dragons, similar to the Starks and direwolves.

Never really watched GoT but tuned in for this so I’m not a loser amongst my friends.
Obviously it's only been 1 episode, but it doesn't seem like someone has to have a working knowledge of GoT to watch HotD. Actually, just getting a feel for the show, it doesn't seem like it would even help the viewer if they had seen GoT.

-foe

Fair point. :lol:

Like what easter eggs, though? I mean I caught all of them, every single one. I just... wanna cross check... see if you also caught them all (no Pokemon).

-foe

Fair point. :lol:

Like what easter eggs, though? I mean I caught all of them, every single one. I just... wanna cross check... see if you also caught them all (no Pokemon).

-foe

One small one is Corlys refusing the drink during the small council meeting. Very reminiscent of Roose refusing a drink in The Red Wedding.

There are a lot of GoT Easter Eggs in House of the Dragon that you might not catch. Your friends might expose you. For example, the dagger Viserys keeps on him played a major role in GoT. In the beginning and at the end.
Yo! Was listening to my favorite GoT podcast (Bald Move for those interested in a listen) and they mentioned the Dagger and I had no idea during my first watch :wow:

It's both. You choose your dragon who has to actively choose you back. Viserys didn't want to ride anyone after Balerion, but Balerion had riders before him and if he outlived him probably would've afterwards.

balerion did indeed outlive Aegon the conqueror….

his son maegor the cruel rode an old balerion after him…

source: i read fire and blood

Back
Top Bottom