Gas Price Hike

Specifically for California, I just read that Gov. Brown issued an order which would permit the "winter-blend" gasoline to be rolled out earlier in an effort to ease some pain at the pump. We'll have to see how effective this move is.
I never understood why we get a winter blend in Southern California, you have to have a winter first.
laugh.gif

what on earth is winter blend?

Summer-grade fuel has a different Reid Vapor Pressure (RVP) than winter-grade fuel, which contributes to its being (marginally) more eco-friendly. RVP is the vapor pressure of gasoline measured at 100 degrees Fahrenheit. Fuels with higher RVP evaporate more easily than those with lower RVP

Because RVP standards are higher during the winter, winter-grade fuel uses more butane, with its high RVP of 52 PSI, as an additive.

Last edited:
They've been semi steady for the past 2 days where I'm at. Hopefully they will begin to decline soon. Still got a little more than half a tank since I last filled up for $4.13. :smokin

that's your answer? how about these companies charge a reasonable price or the government tax gas less?

Prices jumped up .40 cents. At 10 gallons you're paying an extra $4. Fill up twice a week. $8 a week. $32 a month. You spend that on a Friday night on drinks. It's not as much as you think. Jordans jump up $50 a pair and people still buy them. This jump won't last especially with the elections around the corner. If you're lifestyle is dependent on $32, then gett a career and not just another job.

Last edited:
that's your answer? how about these companies charge a reasonable price or the government tax gas less?

Prices jumped up .40 cents. At 10 gallons you're paying an extra $4. Fill up twice a week. $8 a week. $32 a month. You spend that on a Friday night on drinks. It's not as much as you think. Jordans jump up $50 a pair and people still buy them. This jump won't last especially with the elections around the corner. If you're lifestyle is dependent on $32, then gett a career and not just another job.

gas was $1 in 98, that's a almost 4x price increase in less than 20 years. most cars don't have a 10 gallon gas tank. jordans aren't a necessity that you buy twice a week for the rest of your life and they didn't quadruple in price. i'll ignore your slick talk.

Actually, I'm not complaining about it.

so you want to pay more for gas?

Last edited:
Perhaps the gas supply has nothing to do with the price hike. I mean, they did just announce QE3 less than a month ago. Maybe its just the dollar plummeting in value again.

so you want  to pay more for gas?
Who likes to pay more for gas?  I don't either.  But you have keep in mind the overall costs of it.  If an extra $40/month cost is so detrimental to your standard of living, then you need to upgrade in other aspects of your job or downgrade other aspects of your life for the time being until prices stabilize.  

Who likes to pay more for gas?  I don't either.  But you have keep in mind the overall costs of it.  If an extra $40/month cost is so detrimental to your standard of living, then you need to upgrade in other aspects of your job or downgrade other aspects of your life for the time being until prices stabilize.  
Much easier said than done. Alot of people live on a fixed income and have money allocated for certain things. Believe it or not bro it's people out there where an extra $40/month IS a detriment to their standard of living. Everyone doesn't have disposable income fam.

- Preciate it.

Much easier said than done. Alot of people live on a fixed income and have money allocated for certain things. Believe it or not bro it's people out there where an extra $40/month IS a detriment to their standard of living. Everyone doesn't have disposable income fam.
- Preciate it.
This. Maybe you don't realize it LakersUscTrojan, but a majority of people in this country are already weathering tough times. When prices like gas spike it's an immediate impact, then the cost of groceries increases as a direct correlation of gas prices. Unless you are directly profiting from these gas price increases you being in here on a soapbox telling people to reevaluate their lifestyle or job/career comes off extremely douchey.

This. Maybe you don't realize it LakersUscTrojan, but a majority of people in this country are already weathering tough times. When prices like gas spike it's an immediate impact, then the cost of groceries increases as a direct correlation of gas prices. Unless you are directly profiting from these gas price increases you being in here on a soapbox telling people to reevaluate their lifestyle or job/career comes off extremely douchey.
Fair enough, but the same people that complain about $40 a month are the same people lining up for the Black Friday IV's or Holiday XI's.  

Fair enough, but the same people that complain about $40 a month are the same people lining up for the Black Friday IV's or Holiday XI's.  

no they are not :lol:

get ur facts straight

The people who complain about gas prices are people who commute daily to work. Not the little kid in line for some Jordan's, and 99% of the time if your standing in line you live with mommy and daddy

- Preciate it.
Fair enough.  I know that $40 is a detriment to some.  My ASSUMPTION, to my own fault posting on a shoe website, is that people would rather buy shoes than take care of extra incurred costs of living.  If you are one of those that are responsible and hurting by the high price of gas, I did not mean to offend you in any ways.  

Back
Top Bottom