Gas Prices

Is there any push for the euro model of 3-4 cylinder clown cars for commuters?

I had a ‘90 geo metro and that was pushing 40-55 mph. It’s replacement years ago was the aero/ Dodge Dart. No true efficiency since. It makes you wonder. I guess we took gas prices for granted?

My area made a push for free city bus fares. They haven’t been the best routes or times with payment, and ridership still isn’t up. I don’t really know what the ceiling is on gas prices.

Heck, even standard bicycle riders isn’t up much.

Are you all seeing any different trends? Maybe more park and ride or car sharing?
Toyota Corolla GR has a three cylinder

Ford EcoSport too

Ford killed off all their sedans and only sells trucks and SUVs apart for the mustang

Feels like a loop. Just a repeat of the 70s. American companies pushed out gas guzzlers thinking the low gas prices were gonna stay forever while the Japanese still kept fuel efficient cars in their line up

Last edited:
I mean there are plenty of 4 cylinder options out there for sedans, you may have to get a Volkswagen or a smaller Japanese model but there are still options. But people in the US love their suvs so they slowly started phasing them out. I remember when the Chevy Cruze was selling like hot cakes around 2007-2011 and then poof people all started buying SUVs, they shut down the factory, and that’s all that is being pushed today. I mean look at Mazda, it shut down their Mazda 6 and are relaunching it later this year as a crossover with less MPG more than likely . But these same people better not cry when they upgraded and are getting 14 MPG. You made that conscious decision

50% of people who own an SUV don't need one.

Toyota Corolla GR has a three cylinder

Ford EcoSport too

Ford killed off all their sedans and only sells trucks and SUVs apart for the mustang

Feels like a loop. Just a repeat of the 70s. American companies pushed out gas guzzlers thinking the low gas prices were gonna stay forever while the Japanese still kept fuel efficient cars in their line up

While it is true that SUVs and trucks have historically been very profitable for American companies, the big issue isn’t that they are being phased out because they want to. They are being phased out because the consumer stopped buying them. Now many of the the consumers are going to move into either EVs or small sedans if gas stays at this rate when they need to buy a new car or get a new lease. Companies respond to consumers and not the other way around. Only apple and a handful of other companies ignored the consumer and pushed their own line of thinking for a while. But even Apple has changed its philosophy since Steve passed.

Screenshot_20220607-184136_Gallery.jpg

I am so thankful to still be working remote. But my wife is putting in $120 or more per week.
With my gas, we are spending about $800 a month on gas. :sick:

I remember my homie had a Geo metro during the last gas thievery crisis but was getting over 40 mpg. Value went from nothing to 10k offers if I remember correctly. I'm like what doofus complaining about gas thinking he's going to make up the gap by overpaying for a metro?

Actually yeah not far off, that really happened.

Just finding out 40+mpg wasn't even true because the EPA updated the formula and the real mpg based on the current reading was 33 mpg.

Last edited:
aepps20 aepps20 been saying he gonna jump in his Geo Metro and drive Ninja's PayPal goons to Vegas to touch me up

Who knew mans was so forward-thinking

Thought I would be able to go outside this summer, but all the money aepps20 aepps20 is saving is putting da fade back on the menu

Finna catch me slipping at pump #7

aepps20 aepps20 been saying he gonna jump in his Geo Metro and drive Ninja's PayPal goons to Vegas to touch me up

Who knew mans was so forward-thinking

Thought I would be able to go outside this summer, but all the money aepps20 aepps20 is saving is putting da fade back on the menu

Finna catch me slipping at pump #7

Vroom VROOM FAM.

The peak pricing for Tesla superchargers that I've seen over the weekend in LV and LA is about $0.40 to $0.58 per kWh, that's actually rather expensive, like $5 gallon gas equivalent

Sad part is I don't see it ever going back down. I said this same thing when it hit $3. I said this same thing when it hit $4 and now what's the use. I remember specifically in 1997 when gas prices doubled overnight and I was dumbfounded. Could not understand it. Well those days are long gone and that doubling never went anywhere. Sadly it's just something we are going to complain about this year and then it'll just be regular life next year. First the chip shortage and now this. Not sure how companies can keep making as many cars as they do. Won't be surprised when we have to bail out car companies again for going bankrupt because ain't nobody gonna be buying them.

I don’t think it’ll ever go back down either, it’ll just level out. $4 a gallon will be the new “norm”

Gas prices will go back down.

Inflation might not drive the number back down where it was, of course, but it will eventually work it's way down once supply and demand even out. But it might be a while given all the factors.

Back
Top Bottom