Gas Prices

That’s out of control. Government gotta find a solution to this.
They have very little they can do in the short run

Biden already used the one semi-impactful tool he has.

So really it is either recession, or ride it out until supply catches up with demand.

The only other thing I see impacting thing is if the Iran deal gets signed, Russia stops their war and agrees to a peace deal that lifts sanctions on them, Venezuela gets back in the US good graces, and the Saudi's decide they want to drill more. So basically things that signal to the market that supply it about to increase. All happening close together. So yeah, those things not happening so it looks like recession or ride it out.

Last edited:
I hear Costco gas is pretty bad. Is this somewhat true or just a matter of people's personal opinion(s)?
I ran into someone who drive a 900whp zl1, and he also, gas up his beast of a car with Costco. Anyone hating on Costco gas, is delusional and just a media sheep, if they think shell, or chevron any better than what Costco, provides.

FUDB_kcVsAAfGsf

This exact station lowered their prices the day after the news station aired the segment. These gas stations just toying with us.

Costco gets their gas from the same refinery as anyone else.

Companies just add their own additives, gas is gas papis.

I had to get some diesel yesterday. Couldn’t even get 30 gallons before the card cut me off and would have to do another transaction. **** is wild, I hope you’re still killing it rrlegend rrlegend

Owner was talking about governing us at 65 and we about started a riot. :lol: he gave up on governing our speed after that.

can't do costco cuz no me gusta lines
I go the minute they open lol, but I can understand that. The one by me added more pumps and expended it so it’s big enough that even if you go late afternoon, won’t be there waiting to long.

When it used to be only 3 row of pumps with only two on each row….. I used to hate going there lol.

Sam's Club gas is only like 10 cents a gallon cheaper. Not worth waiting in the long *** lines when you're saving like $1.50 on a 15 gallon tank :lol: People prob spending more burning through the gas when they are pumping the A/C waiting in line for 15-20 min

Bruh costco lines always look like fiends waiting to get served at a crack house :lol:

Gotta go early in the morning to avoid the madness
I feel like the lines are long because people Don's realize that you don't have to go to a pump that's on the same side as your tank.

I always go to a line with the pump on the opposite side because it's shorter lol.

Also paid $78 to fill up my CX-5. Annoying lol.

Is there any push for the euro model of 3-4 cylinder clown cars for commuters?

I had a ‘90 geo metro and that was pushing 40-55 mph. It’s replacement years ago was the aero/ Dodge Dart. No true efficiency since. It makes you wonder. I guess we took gas prices for granted?

My area made a push for free city bus fares. They haven’t been the best routes or times with payment, and ridership still isn’t up. I don’t really know what the ceiling is on gas prices.

Heck, even standard bicycle riders isn’t up much.

Are you all seeing any different trends? Maybe more park and ride or car sharing?

Even with free public transit I wouldn’t ride it tbh. Maybe if I was on vacation but on the daily no way.

I just ride my motorcycle in the summer. 1.5 gallon tank gets me 100 miles.

The small good mpg gas engine cars wouldn’t sell in America I don’t think. They try then always kill them off here.

I don’t think people would get those cars until it’s actually really hurting you here. Not just being salty at the pump but costing you a weeks pay or something.

Is there any push for the euro model of 3-4 cylinder clown cars for commuters?

I had a ‘90 geo metro and that was pushing 40-55 mph. It’s replacement years ago was the aero/ Dodge Dart. No true efficiency since. It makes you wonder. I guess we took gas prices for granted?

My area made a push for free city bus fares. They haven’t been the best routes or times with payment, and ridership still isn’t up. I don’t really know what the ceiling is on gas prices.

Heck, even standard bicycle riders isn’t up much.

Are you all seeing any different trends? Maybe more park and ride or car sharing?

I had a 2013 dart (or whatever the first year back was) and would never own another. The gas mileage was great but I had a transmission issue, turbo issue, and replaced the whole engine (which was the dealerships fault) in the 3 years I owned it

I mean there are plenty of 4 cylinder options out there for sedans, you may have to get a Volkswagen or a smaller Japanese model but there are still options. But people in the US love their suvs so they slowly started phasing them out. I remember when the Chevy Cruze was selling like hot cakes around 2007-2011 and then poof people all started buying SUVs, they shut down the factory, and that’s all that is being pushed today. I mean look at Mazda, it shut down their Mazda 6 and are relaunching it later this year as a crossover with less MPG more than likely . But these same people better not cry when they upgraded and are getting 14 MPG. You made that conscious decision.

Back
Top Bottom