Gas Prices

This should be illegal.
1646797081894.png

My mom texted me telling me to keep a full tank and gas is going to run out.

I’m like bruh I don’t have cable for a reason, please don’t put this non sense in my life. :lol:

If we run out of gas which we won’t we’re all gonna be in bigger trouble than not being able to drive.

Tf is cnn telling people? :lol:

My mom texted me telling me to keep a full tank and gas is going to run out.

I’m like bruh I don’t have cable for a reason, please don’t put this non sense in my life. :lol:

If we run out of gas which we won’t we’re all gonna be in bigger trouble than not being able to drive.

Tf is cnn telling people? :lol:
Im thinking having a full tank is risky. Mofos gnna be siphoning soon

siphon.jpg

That is a good thread. Except for some offshore drilling restrictions and restrictions on coal that are continually pushed back and out there are really very few situations where the energy sector in this country is “strangled"

Price of oil cratered in 2020 dis-incentivizing additional development. It will take a little while for the production market to respond because so many drilling rigs were taken out of service during the pandemic. But generally speaking production responds to these prices pretty quickly in places where production is allowed

The years of complaints that fracking is profitable only at very high prices and that Wall Street has propped up the industry with cheap credit will probably be disproven once again and oil prices will eventually come down to $70 (barring additional war interruptions or OPEC action)

Ramped up oil production will bring a lot of associated natural gas with it. That will keep natural gas prices down, which will increase exports of LNG and make gas-fired power relatively more competitive against renewables

Hopefully when my current car dies 10 years from now I can afford an electric car.

These Sony joints look alright
sony-vision-s-suv-electric-concept-revealed.jpg

Does anyone have the eli5 or break down on how gas stations increase their prices? I always thought that they bought it at x price and price the gas prices they sell to us based on that. But some of these mother****ers jack the prices up on the daily. I know some of these gas station owners are greedy af.

Does anyone have the eli5 or break down on how gas stations increase their prices? I always thought that they bought it at x price and price the gas prices they sell to us based on that. But some of these mother****ers jack the prices up on the daily. I know some of these gas station owners are greedy af.

Gasoline retailers make almost no money off the sale of gasoline. It's an incredibly competitive business with very small margins. They make their money instead off Big Gulps and Slim Jims

Gasoline retailers make almost no money off the sale of gasoline. It's an incredibly competitive business with very small margins. They make their money instead off Big Gulps and Slim Jims
I literally just read that after posting this. Found an eli5 thread on reddit. Interesting.

I literally just read that after posting this. Found an eli5 thread on reddit. Interesting.

And especially if the station is independently owned or a corporate station.

100% true. When I worked at the dealership selling cars, the station we had an account with was just down the street. A mom & pop owned Exxon station. Went in one day (mind you this was many years ago, probably early 2010s) and he raised the gas again and said they barely make anything on gas. They were also an actual garage doing inspections and repairs. Also had snack food and drinks. Eventually they dropped the gas and just went with vehicle servicing. There is NO money for the actual gas stations.

Back
Top Bottom