gay marriage bill passed in ny .... wonderful

Originally Posted by Based Mod

to the bible thumpers: why do you care so much? if it's a sin to be gay, then let them be gay. they're going to hell, right? shouldnt that make you feel better?

Are you OOOblivious to what a good believer/follower of God wants?

I'll answer that question for you. To serve God and for their fellow man/woman to share the afterlife they want. The more some of you reply, the more you show the true length of your mind.
RUBBAHSHOES
Dude get out of here with that trolling bs. You sounding ignorant..

to the bible thumpers: why do you care so much? if it's a sin to be gay, then let them be gay. they're going to hell, right? shouldnt that make you feel better?

I'll answer that question for you. To serve God and for their fellow man/woman to share the afterlife they want. The more some of you reply, the more you show the true length of your mind.
RUBBAHSHOES

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Go find a country that lives by the laws of the Bible. In America, we are not subject to biblical laws because we are not all Christians. Seriously, how difficult is this to understand? I'm not sure why some people seriously believe that they deserve to tell others how they should live.

Go find a country that lives by the laws of the Bible. In America, we are not subject to biblical laws because we are not all Christians. Seriously, how difficult is this to understand? I'm not sure why some people seriously believe that they deserve to tell others how they should live.

some dudes on nt are straight idiots.  hopefully they flee once meth donates our nt ad revenue to gay rights or whatever. 
laugh.gif

some dudes on nt are straight idiots.  hopefully they flee once meth donates our nt ad revenue to gay rights or whatever. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by So Nyuh Shi Dae

You looking for an argument or are you slow? I haven't said one word telling ANYONE how to live or what laws we should follow here in America. So before you go off on superman rants, make sure you're talking to the right people as I could give a damn what rules or laws you follow as long as you're not crossing the line and affecting me or anyone else personally (Violence/Stealing/etc).

Personally, I'd like for people to believe what I do for what I think is best for their spiritual well being but this is earth and we all have different beliefs and I respect that. Keep trying hard though to earn that merit badge though.

You looking for an argument or are you slow? I haven't said one word telling ANYONE how to live or what laws we should follow here in America. So before you go off on superman rants, make sure you're talking to the right people as I could give a damn what rules or laws you follow as long as you're not crossing the line and affecting me or anyone else personally (Violence/Stealing/etc).

Personally, I'd like for people to believe what I do for what I think is best for their spiritual well being but this is earth and we all have different beliefs and I respect that. Keep trying hard though to earn that merit badge though.

My post was in response to Bible thumpers and the idea that America is subject to Christian laws. You answered a question on behalf of the Bible thumpers and I'm simply responding to what they seem to believe regarding laws in this country.

My post was in response to Bible thumpers and the idea that America is subject to Christian laws. You answered a question on behalf of the Bible thumpers and I'm simply responding to what they seem to believe regarding laws in this country.

Ok. Well on behalf of myself. Live as you see fit. We'll all have to answer for our lives at some point.

What's really sad though is, how many politicians truthfully disagree but support to keep/gain votes? I'd like to know those numbers.

Ok. Well on behalf of myself. Live as you see fit. We'll all have to answer for our lives at some point.

What's really sad though is, how many politicians truthfully disagree but support to keep/gain votes? I'd like to know those numbers.

I'd argue that in this particular case, the passage of the gay marriage bill in NY, that politicians RISKED their careers by supporting this bill. The NY senate is a Republican majority and in order for this to have passed it would have needed support from the conservative side. Four Republican senators crossed over and joined their Democratic counterparts in passing this, with one Democratic senator voting against it. There has been instant backlash from conservative groups and many are saying they will vote those Republican senators out of office.
and might I add... WOW. This thread took a dark turn 
laugh.gif
 I go out with some friends to catch a movie (Beginners 
pimp.gif
 ) and come back to read this mess.

I'd argue that in this particular case, the passage of the gay marriage bill in NY, that politicians RISKED their careers by supporting this bill. The NY senate is a Republican majority and in order for this to have passed it would have needed support from the conservative side. Four Republican senators crossed over and joined their Democratic counterparts in passing this, with one Democratic senator voting against it. There has been instant backlash from conservative groups and many are saying they will vote those Republican senators out of office.
and might I add... WOW. This thread took a dark turn 
laugh.gif
 I go out with some friends to catch a movie (Beginners 
pimp.gif
 ) and come back to read this mess.

Back
Top Bottom