Gay Rights slams Kobe-- "what a disgrace" Kobe gets fined 100k

Honestly though, if somebody calls a white ref the n word i would laugh, because you're so frustrated you're belligerent. I get sexist/racist all types of prejudice when i'm mad, don't really mean it, but i'm just furious. This is just being human, but different rules apply to the famous.

Honestly though, if somebody calls a white ref the n word i would laugh, because you're so frustrated you're belligerent. I get sexist/racist all types of prejudice when i'm mad, don't really mean it, but i'm just furious. This is just being human, but different rules apply to the famous.

According to Sixers guard Allen Iverson, a spectator in Indianapolis called him a ___ during a game on Jan. 28. He responded by calling the man a (same word Kobe used). Iverson was fined $5,000 by the National Basketball Association after NBC cameras caught him saying the word. Link
Very consistent, huh

According to Sixers guard Allen Iverson, a spectator in Indianapolis called him a ___ during a game on Jan. 28. He responded by calling the man a (same word Kobe used). Iverson was fined $5,000 by the National Basketball Association after NBC cameras caught him saying the word. Link
Very consistent, huh

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

hope you guys feel the same way about the N word #jussayin
you know damn well they don't
laugh.gif

these herbs will always find a way to twist it and make it seem like what was said was no big deal or incomparable to the n word being used in a similar situation

a derogatory statement is a derogatory statement is a derogatory statement no matter what. can't have it just one way when something said only hurts your feelings then turn around and say "oh it's no big deal" when a member of another group is being offended.

you know damn well they don't
laugh.gif

these herbs will always find a way to twist it and make it seem like what was said was no big deal or incomparable to the n word being used in a similar situation

a derogatory statement is a derogatory statement is a derogatory statement no matter what. can't have it just one way when something said only hurts your feelings then turn around and say "oh it's no big deal" when a member of another group is being offended.

you're dumb to even compare the two.....two totally different things....theres derogatory words for every race but you can't say the same for sexual preference.........is there derogatory words for being straight? no .....but saying f' is one? 
laugh.gif
 .....oh. 

you're dumb to even compare the two.....two totally different things....theres derogatory words for every race but you can't say the same for sexual preference.........is there derogatory words for being straight? no .....but saying f' is one? 
laugh.gif
 .....oh. 

Originally Posted by DC5 06

Very consistent, huh

That was 10 years ago...and it's not like the NBA hasn't tried to fix it's image since then.  I totally believe Kobe in the sense that he wasn't saying it to offend anyone who is gay.  However, the words he said are VERY offensive to many people.  If he wasn't caught on camera, this probably goes unnoticed and slides.  It was just a really poor choice of words to use in a public venue. 

Originally Posted by DC5 06

Very consistent, huh

That was 10 years ago...and it's not like the NBA hasn't tried to fix it's image since then.  I totally believe Kobe in the sense that he wasn't saying it to offend anyone who is gay.  However, the words he said are VERY offensive to many people.  If he wasn't caught on camera, this probably goes unnoticed and slides.  It was just a really poor choice of words to use in a public venue. 

Used in the same way kobe did, where it's not actually directed at someone gay, just the person currently getting on your nerves is kinda funny.  Reminds of that louis ck barista bit.

Originally Posted by Mr Marcus

laugh.gif
 .....oh. 
no
the argument is that the N word has a violent history

the F word does as well

laugh.gif
 .....oh. 
no
the argument is that the N word has a violent history

the F word does as well

Used in the same way kobe did, where it's not actually directed at someone gay, just the person currently getting on your nerves is kinda funny.  Reminds of that louis ck barista bit.

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

does it remind you of Kramer?
who is also a comedian?

I'm not taking a stand "for" gays or "against" blacks, (or otherwise)

I just think people say regrettable things in the heat of passion and I hate when people get upset and make it an issue

edit:

can you imagine a white player saying the N word to a black ref?

hope you'd guys would be just as understanding 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

does it remind you of Kramer?
who is also a comedian?

I'm not taking a stand "for" gays or "against" blacks, (or otherwise)

I just think people say regrettable things in the heat of passion and I hate when people get upset and make it an issue

edit:

can you imagine a white player saying the N word to a black ref?

hope you'd guys would be just as understanding 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 .....oh. 
aha

this is a real post?

dudes don't even try to make coherent points anymore.

they'll just talk out their #!+ and truly believe they're actually making sense like "mr marcus" just did

laugh.gif
 .....oh. 
aha

this is a real post?

dudes don't even try to make coherent points anymore.

they'll just talk out their #!+ and truly believe they're actually making sense like "mr marcus" just did

Originally Posted by Freeze

homosexuals all the time are saying they dont want to be called that word. and that they dont accept it as a word about them. so how come when the word is used, in a completely different context...they claim it to be a shot towards them? sounds like they want attention.
This
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Freeze

homosexuals all the time are saying they dont want to be called that word. and that they dont accept it as a word about them. so how come when the word is used, in a completely different context...they claim it to be a shot towards them? sounds like they want attention.
This
grin.gif

This is a case of entrapment, yeah thats right, ENTRAPMENT. The camera stayed on Kobe while he walked to the bench, and while he sat on it. Why? Because they knew he was pissed and barking at the ref. Then they got what they wanted and fined him. It's +%+!$!**. They are ruining the game. What happens between the lines, should stay between the lines, no matter what the camera catches. Get the damn camera away from the bench.

If the players union don't appeal this they are a terrible union.

This is a case of entrapment, yeah thats right, ENTRAPMENT. The camera stayed on Kobe while he walked to the bench, and while he sat on it. Why? Because they knew he was pissed and barking at the ref. Then they got what they wanted and fined him. It's +%+!$!**. They are ruining the game. What happens between the lines, should stay between the lines, no matter what the camera catches. Get the damn camera away from the bench.

If the players union don't appeal this they are a terrible union.

Back
Top Bottom