Gay Rights slams Kobe-- "what a disgrace" Kobe gets fined 100k

My boy Kobe is getting railroaded. Stern is ALL about that positive PR. All he sees is $$$ lost if any group is ever offended. Btw. Kobe will makes100K before you finish reading this sentence. Sounds like a lot to you and me, but its really just a slap on the wrist along with stern sending a message. I bet all teams/ players were warned today too
laugh.gif

My boy Kobe is getting railroaded. Stern is ALL about that positive PR. All he sees is $$$ lost if any group is ever offended. Btw. Kobe will makes100K before you finish reading this sentence. Sounds like a lot to you and me, but its really just a slap on the wrist along with stern sending a message. I bet all teams/ players were warned today too
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

I'm not for or against anyone in this case either, heck i don't even care, but this seems like seperate examples.  As much people like to claim black posters play the race card more than necessary around here, it seems blacks and their prejudices against/for are always the fallback crutch and unnecessarily included in things.

I'm just for letting people say what they want.
I just think the bigger point is to stop judging people in acts of anger, context goes out the window at that point, who cares what they said.
and gay people have been killed while being called the F word, if you think the N word is "off limits" because of its history, you should see the gay community's point as well.

I'm not for or against anyone in this case either, heck i don't even care, but this seems like seperate examples.  As much people like to claim black posters play the race card more than necessary around here, it seems blacks and their prejudices against/for are always the fallback crutch and unnecessarily included in things.

I just think the bigger point is to stop judging people in acts of anger, context goes out the window at that point, who cares what they said.
and gay people have been killed while being called the F word, if you think the N word is "off limits" because of its history, you should see the gay community's point as well.

They fined him 100 grand? What a bunch of little girls. Trash talking the refs for a bad call is as old as the game itself, does anyone believe MJ never uttered this same stuff or worse during games? It's not his fault the camera crew chose to keep him in their shot. B*tches.

They fined him 100 grand? What a bunch of little girls. Trash talking the refs for a bad call is as old as the game itself, does anyone believe MJ never uttered this same stuff or worse during games? It's not his fault the camera crew chose to keep him in their shot. B*tches.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

i hate to say i agree with you but i agree with you.

dudes on here are hypocrites when it comes to their logic most of the time

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

i hate to say i agree with you but i agree with you.

dudes on here are hypocrites when it comes to their logic most of the time

Originally Posted by EB4President

Eff anyone who thinks the n-word and f-word are the same.

Seriously don't those two words should never be put in the same sentence together EVER.

sick.gif

Originally Posted by EB4President

Eff anyone who thinks the n-word and f-word are the same.

Seriously don't those two words should never be put in the same sentence together EVER.

sick.gif

Originally Posted by cartune

ThunderChunk69 wrote:
does it remind you of Kramer?
who is also a comedian?

I'm not taking a stand "for" gays or "against" blacks, (or otherwise)

I just think people say regrettable things in the heat of passion and I hate when people get upset and make it an issue

edit:

can you imagine a white player saying the N word to a black ref?

hope you'd guys would be just as understanding 
laugh.gif

If the referee was an openly gay man you would have a point. But using your logic if Kobe called a white ref an N__. Al Sharpton should be protesting because he was offended by a word not even directed to the party the slur is targeted

Now a white player calling a black ref = Kobe calling a gay ref a F__

Calling a man a B__ isnt going to offend Suzy in Massachusetts. Him calling a woman ref a B___ will

Yup, I have to agree.  They knew what they were doing by keepin the camera on him.

Originally Posted by cartune

ThunderChunk69 wrote:
does it remind you of Kramer?
who is also a comedian?

I'm not taking a stand "for" gays or "against" blacks, (or otherwise)

I just think people say regrettable things in the heat of passion and I hate when people get upset and make it an issue

edit:

can you imagine a white player saying the N word to a black ref?

hope you'd guys would be just as understanding 
laugh.gif

If the referee was an openly gay man you would have a point. But using your logic if Kobe called a white ref an N__. Al Sharpton should be protesting because he was offended by a word not even directed to the party the slur is targeted

Now a white player calling a black ref = Kobe calling a gay ref a F__

Calling a man a B__ isnt going to offend Suzy in Massachusetts. Him calling a woman ref a B___ will

Yup, I have to agree.  They knew what they were doing by keepin the camera on him.

indifferent.gif
at 100k fined. its not like he directed that comment towards anyone specific, it was more like frustration than anything. People are too sensitive and it seem like they were trying to fish out reason to take another man money. SMH

indifferent.gif
at 100k fined. its not like he directed that comment towards anyone specific, it was more like frustration than anything. People are too sensitive and it seem like they were trying to fish out reason to take another man money. SMH

Back
Top Bottom