Gay Rights slams Kobe-- "what a disgrace" Kobe gets fined 100k

Originally Posted by moundraised23

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

You gotta be real simple to think being homosexual is a choice.
laugh.gif

You choose to act on that sexuality, you don't choose that sexuality.

Did you choose to be attracted to +#!**?

its not a choice? one of my best friends use to get mistreated and used by men all the time. she told me one day she was sick of men, they were all dogs,  and shes gonna try girls out now. shes been lesbian ever since.

she was 34 with 2 kids when she told me that.

i guess being born that way only kicks in when your in your mid 30's?

my ex girl's brother is gay...he has a lil girl who is like 8 now...i asked him and his boy toy at the time what made them wanna be gay
i've seen pics of him and chicks he's related with in the past
he basically said it was a CHOICE he made due to bein lied to by so many females & the chiks he was dealin with were are +%%%!* and did him dirty or took advantage of him due to his funds
some dude came along and swept him off his feet when he was 25
he made it very clear to me that this was not a born-with ordeal, but a choice he made to be gay
maybe some folks are born gay, but to me, you choose to be it
yall can argue it all u want
YUP. maybe some people think they are born gay but not everyone is born gay.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

IMO, it's a choice, period. Scientist my @$%. Scientist also said [insert here], doesn't make it true. As I've mention before, my sister is gay, and when ever I ask her the "born with it" question she just laughs. People use that as an excuse.

seriously. but these guys are so up on their high horse they cant believe it was a choice. it MUST be a scientific reason why people are gay. sounding more homophobic than the people they claim hate gay people....

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

IMO, it's a choice, period. Scientist my @$%. Scientist also said [insert here], doesn't make it true. As I've mention before, my sister is gay, and when ever I ask her the "born with it" question she just laughs. People use that as an excuse.

seriously. but these guys are so up on their high horse they cant believe it was a choice. it MUST be a scientific reason why people are gay. sounding more homophobic than the people they claim hate gay people....

Originally Posted by Method Man

But lets be real here they are playing basketball. Thats hardly a typical work environment. You say he has to apologize because kids idol him and you dont want them to get the wrong idea. How many times do you hear Carlos Boozer getting hacked near that microphone on the rim and he yells out a curse. Why isnt he getting fined so kids are getting the wrong idea that its ok to scream what he said, or being forced to apologize. What if he got heated and said the B word opposed to what Kobe said. Either way your degrading somebody. If we are going to treat this like a normal work environment you cant anything thats a curse or derogatory. We know thats not happening. This wasnt a interview, it was in game and they had the camera zoomed on him for a bit too long which is skeptical. Given the situation, you're an idiot if you're thinking he was about to say gal darnit anyway, these refs i tell ya geez la weez.
1) Given the situation, you're an idiot if you're on the bench during a nationally televised game shouting a slur.  There's a reason why Michael Jordan and countless other players used to hold a towel over their mouths whenever they were on the bench and making comments they didn't want the whole world to know about.  This isn't somebody's cubicle we're talking about.  This is a guy practically shouting something in a stadium packed with fans.  
Let's not equate curse words with slurs, either.
2) Again, if we object to Mel Gibson making racist & anti-semitic comments during private phone calls, we ought to take exception to this as well.  It's nothing new, but that doesn't make it right, either.  Yes, the camera focused on Kobe because he's a star player, but you'd suffer a relatively harsher penalty if caught doing the same thing at your place of business, too, so I don't really get that argument.  It's offensive any way you slice it.  

Meth...all fined money go towards a charity...idk if the player gets to choose though

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It goes to this "NBA Cares" stuff, which is at least in part publicity for the league.  [/font]
3) Either way, being compelled to do something by the league isn't the same as voluntarily taking action yourself.  I think it would be a classy move on Kobe's part to give to the HRCF and acknowledge that he made a mistake.  It's not hard to say, "where I grew up, people used this word all the time as an insult and I now realize that it's a deeply offensive slur.  That's not what I'm about and I'd like to contribute to the HRCF to help make sure that kids growing up today don't fall victim to the same mentality.  I'd like my fans to know that I'm a supporter of LGBT rights and that I truly regret my actions."  
4) David Stern likes to put on a big show for the fans to demonstrate that he keeps "his" players well under heel.  Many of his penalties are preposterously heavy-handed and seem designed to appeal to racists out there who want to see the Allen Iversons of the world kept in "their place."  Rather than begrudgingly accept Stern's punishment, Kobe could voluntarily step up, take the lead, and prove that he's better than this.

1) Several Jordan cuss words slipped through the TV cracks - I know you remember when he fought Reggie Miller and was clearly cursing his sweet little "corporate darling" +%# off (pause) - MJ was just as human as anyone else on the court. Granted he may have been smart enough to cover his mouth at times, but let's not act like he was the poster child for the angelic athlete 24/7. "Stadium packed full of fans" is a tad misleading - they couldn't hear that man way up in the cheap seats. You make it seem like he cut into the National Anthem and called the ref a "!*!$!#' !*%" live on the mic - he didn't.
2) "We" didn't objectify Mel Gibson at all. Mel made those comments during a private conversation - I don't know if that woman was his wife or not - but if she was, we both know that would have been a privileged marital communication, ie, nobody else's !*!$!#' business. Do I agree with what he said? Hell no. But can I crucify a guy for using whatever language he wanted in a conversation that was (and should have been kept) private? No. Dog, I've said far worse about everybody. In closed circles I've personally heard politicians and celebrities say much worse - people say whatever they want when they feel the conversation will never leave the room (or in Mel's case "phone'). Does that makes us monsters? No, it doesn't...but it does mean we're lazy. Too lazy to use the brain power it would take to be as PC in our own homes as we would be at the office. But don't we speak freely at home because we're forced to be PC at the office?

Anyway, instead of the Gibson/Kobe comparison, Kobe/"Kramer" from "Seinfeld" would hold more weight because his dumb +%# said that stuff in public. But even then, Michael Richards meant to be heard and offensive - Kobe didn't. Naturally one of the premier faces of the NBA has a lower expectation of privacy in the arena that pays his bills, but in Kobe's mind that was a private comment that was only supposed to be heard by those either playing the game or officiating it.

3) This reminds me of my cousin down in Houston. Long story short, "Thug Life" (as we affectionately call him) bought an AK-47 and thought it would be a good idea to shoot it off in his backyard - it's actually not as far-fetched as it seems because he lives way up in the Northside of the H so he has all kinda trees behind his house. Long story short, the worst possible scenario occurred - he let one of his friends shoot it off, they missed the target (an empty bottle of liquor of course) and shot and killed the neighbor's horse. Now as troublesome as my cousin may be, he's always been respectful to those that respected him. He takes his friend over to apologize to his neighbor, and his dumb +%# friend looks at my cousin's neighbor and goes, "N' I'm sorry for shootin' your !*!$!#' horse 
eyes.gif
".

That "apology" was more offensive than the damn accidental shooting. Now in the eyes of my cousin's neighbor, they "voluntarily" came over to apologize, but that apology was an effort on my cousins part to stay outta jail again. If Kobe gave some BS, public relations-induced apology to the whole LGBT community, that would pretty much be like my cousin's friend apologizing this his neighbor. Like, "You don't mean that !+@% at all - matter of fact - you'd do it again if you had the chance."

4) I actually agree with you about David Stern - dude is like a cum stain on black sheets.

But lets be real here they are playing basketball. Thats hardly a typical work environment. You say he has to apologize because kids idol him and you dont want them to get the wrong idea. How many times do you hear Carlos Boozer getting hacked near that microphone on the rim and he yells out a curse. Why isnt he getting fined so kids are getting the wrong idea that its ok to scream what he said, or being forced to apologize. What if he got heated and said the B word opposed to what Kobe said. Either way your degrading somebody. If we are going to treat this like a normal work environment you cant anything thats a curse or derogatory. We know thats not happening. This wasnt a interview, it was in game and they had the camera zoomed on him for a bit too long which is skeptical. Given the situation, you're an idiot if you're thinking he was about to say gal darnit anyway, these refs i tell ya geez la weez.
1) Given the situation, you're an idiot if you're on the bench during a nationally televised game shouting a slur.  There's a reason why Michael Jordan and countless other players used to hold a towel over their mouths whenever they were on the bench and making comments they didn't want the whole world to know about.  This isn't somebody's cubicle we're talking about.  This is a guy practically shouting something in a stadium packed with fans.  
2) Again, if we object to Mel Gibson making racist & anti-semitic comments during private phone calls, we ought to take exception to this as well.  It's nothing new, but that doesn't make it right, either.  Yes, the camera focused on Kobe because he's a star player, but you'd suffer a relatively harsher penalty if caught doing the same thing at your place of business, too, so I don't really get that argument.  It's offensive any way you slice it.  

Meth...all fined money go towards a charity...idk if the player gets to choose though

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It goes to this "NBA Cares" stuff, which is at least in part publicity for the league.  [/font]
3) Either way, being compelled to do something by the league isn't the same as voluntarily taking action yourself.  I think it would be a classy move on Kobe's part to give to the HRCF and acknowledge that he made a mistake.  It's not hard to say, "where I grew up, people used this word all the time as an insult and I now realize that it's a deeply offensive slur.  That's not what I'm about and I'd like to contribute to the HRCF to help make sure that kids growing up today don't fall victim to the same mentality.  I'd like my fans to know that I'm a supporter of LGBT rights and that I truly regret my actions."  
4) David Stern likes to put on a big show for the fans to demonstrate that he keeps "his" players well under heel.  Many of his penalties are preposterously heavy-handed and seem designed to appeal to racists out there who want to see the Allen Iversons of the world kept in "their place."  Rather than begrudgingly accept Stern's punishment, Kobe could voluntarily step up, take the lead, and prove that he's better than this.

1) Several Jordan cuss words slipped through the TV cracks - I know you remember when he fought Reggie Miller and was clearly cursing his sweet little "corporate darling" +%# off (pause) - MJ was just as human as anyone else on the court. Granted he may have been smart enough to cover his mouth at times, but let's not act like he was the poster child for the angelic athlete 24/7. "Stadium packed full of fans" is a tad misleading - they couldn't hear that man way up in the cheap seats. You make it seem like he cut into the National Anthem and called the ref a "!*!$!#' !*%" live on the mic - he didn't.
2) "We" didn't objectify Mel Gibson at all. Mel made those comments during a private conversation - I don't know if that woman was his wife or not - but if she was, we both know that would have been a privileged marital communication, ie, nobody else's !*!$!#' business. Do I agree with what he said? Hell no. But can I crucify a guy for using whatever language he wanted in a conversation that was (and should have been kept) private? No. Dog, I've said far worse about everybody. In closed circles I've personally heard politicians and celebrities say much worse - people say whatever they want when they feel the conversation will never leave the room (or in Mel's case "phone'). Does that makes us monsters? No, it doesn't...but it does mean we're lazy. Too lazy to use the brain power it would take to be as PC in our own homes as we would be at the office. But don't we speak freely at home because we're forced to be PC at the office?

Anyway, instead of the Gibson/Kobe comparison, Kobe/"Kramer" from "Seinfeld" would hold more weight because his dumb +%# said that stuff in public. But even then, Michael Richards meant to be heard and offensive - Kobe didn't. Naturally one of the premier faces of the NBA has a lower expectation of privacy in the arena that pays his bills, but in Kobe's mind that was a private comment that was only supposed to be heard by those either playing the game or officiating it.

3) This reminds me of my cousin down in Houston. Long story short, "Thug Life" (as we affectionately call him) bought an AK-47 and thought it would be a good idea to shoot it off in his backyard - it's actually not as far-fetched as it seems because he lives way up in the Northside of the H so he has all kinda trees behind his house. Long story short, the worst possible scenario occurred - he let one of his friends shoot it off, they missed the target (an empty bottle of liquor of course) and shot and killed the neighbor's horse. Now as troublesome as my cousin may be, he's always been respectful to those that respected him. He takes his friend over to apologize to his neighbor, and his dumb +%# friend looks at my cousin's neighbor and goes, "N' I'm sorry for shootin' your !*!$!#' horse 
eyes.gif
".

That "apology" was more offensive than the damn accidental shooting. Now in the eyes of my cousin's neighbor, they "voluntarily" came over to apologize, but that apology was an effort on my cousins part to stay outta jail again. If Kobe gave some BS, public relations-induced apology to the whole LGBT community, that would pretty much be like my cousin's friend apologizing this his neighbor. Like, "You don't mean that !+@% at all - matter of fact - you'd do it again if you had the chance."

4) I actually agree with you about David Stern - dude is like a cum stain on black sheets.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by Furrell

laugh.gif
Homophobe. They use that word for everything SMH.

EXACTLY. Every damn time someone disagrees with anything involving gay anything, "you're just an unaccepting homophobe". Really?
and da term homophobe is such a force concept....like who's afraid of gay people?
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

EXACTLY. Every damn time someone disagrees with anything involving gay anything, "you're just an unaccepting homophobe". Really?
and da term homophobe is such a force concept....like who's afraid of gay people?
laugh.gif

I've heard far worse on TV through the in game mics via my tv. And in PERSON at college games, a lot gets tolerated. Maybe these guys think they have free reign and when they finally say something truly vulgar and out there, it won't fly.. Maybe the league needs to issue more warnings and technicals on the S and F words

I've heard far worse on TV through the in game mics via my tv. And in PERSON at college games, a lot gets tolerated. Maybe these guys think they have free reign and when they finally say something truly vulgar and out there, it won't fly.. Maybe the league needs to issue more warnings and technicals on the S and F words

Method Man wrote:Let's be real: had it been Othyus Jeffers and not Kobe Bryant, it wouldn't have been televised but, if it were, he'd be packing his bags for Greece right now.  Kobe will be forgiven because he's Kobe.  An expendable player would've been dropped outright, just like Javaris Crittenton's career basically ended after his run-in with Gilbert Arenas went public. 
Having sat court side on multiple occasions I've heard much worse. Cursing, derogatory terms, you name it.

Its because Kobe is Kobe is why he got fined. Had it been Jeffers the fine would be much more minimal and it definitely wouldn't be on the first 10 minutes of sports center.

And I'm aware its easy to find weak points in your argument especially when I'm dissecting a small portion of your total post but really with that Javaris line? Being in the middle of a gambling issue that requires a gun to settle is a whole different ball game in terms of NBA overall conduct. I've heard elementary kids use "The F word", now just because it is desensitized doesn't make it right for an NBA player to use. Pulling out a gun on someone is just a tad more uprising.

Method Man wrote:Let's be real: had it been Othyus Jeffers and not Kobe Bryant, it wouldn't have been televised but, if it were, he'd be packing his bags for Greece right now.  Kobe will be forgiven because he's Kobe.  An expendable player would've been dropped outright, just like Javaris Crittenton's career basically ended after his run-in with Gilbert Arenas went public. 
Having sat court side on multiple occasions I've heard much worse. Cursing, derogatory terms, you name it.

Its because Kobe is Kobe is why he got fined. Had it been Jeffers the fine would be much more minimal and it definitely wouldn't be on the first 10 minutes of sports center.

And I'm aware its easy to find weak points in your argument especially when I'm dissecting a small portion of your total post but really with that Javaris line? Being in the middle of a gambling issue that requires a gun to settle is a whole different ball game in terms of NBA overall conduct. I've heard elementary kids use "The F word", now just because it is desensitized doesn't make it right for an NBA player to use. Pulling out a gun on someone is just a tad more uprising.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
This.
laugh.gif

Given the situation, you're an idiot if you're on the bench during a nationally televised game shouting a slur.  There's a reason why Michael Jordan and countless other players used to hold a towel over their mouths whenever they were on the bench and making comments they didn't want the whole world to know about.  This isn't somebody's cubicle we're talking about.  This is a guy practically shouting something in a stadium packed with fans.  
Again, if we object to Mel Gibson making racist & anti-semitic comments during private phone calls, we ought to take exception to this as well.  It's nothing new, but that doesn't make it right, either.  Yes, the camera focused on Kobe because he's a star player, but you'd suffer a relatively harsher penalty if caught doing the same thing at your place of business, too, so I don't really get that argument.  It's offensive any way you slice it.  

Why cant we equate curse words to slurs? You're trying to relate the NBA to a typical work environment here. If i cant yell F*** at my desk, they shouldnt be able to yell F*** on the court. I cant, they can. There is no relating this to a typical work environment. Also your over exaggerating with him shouting what he said. You damn well know not one person in that stadium except Joe Smith the dude he just drilled heard that.
Apparently Kevin Garnett can get camera time to every opening of every game, drilling his forehead into a mat saying MOTHER F THIS MOTHER F THAT MOTHER F YOU and its ok. Kobe says 2 words to the dude next to him that in my eyes do no more harm than what KG said and gets fined 100k. 

Seriously its just the group that its referenced to are too sensitive. There's a reason homosexuals friends are majority girls. Sensitivity...

To me what kobe said = the B word, the F word or any curse word. If I really want to come at someone for being gay, I would look directly at them and start spittin slurs. Until then its the same as any other word.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
This.
laugh.gif

Given the situation, you're an idiot if you're on the bench during a nationally televised game shouting a slur.  There's a reason why Michael Jordan and countless other players used to hold a towel over their mouths whenever they were on the bench and making comments they didn't want the whole world to know about.  This isn't somebody's cubicle we're talking about.  This is a guy practically shouting something in a stadium packed with fans.  
Again, if we object to Mel Gibson making racist & anti-semitic comments during private phone calls, we ought to take exception to this as well.  It's nothing new, but that doesn't make it right, either.  Yes, the camera focused on Kobe because he's a star player, but you'd suffer a relatively harsher penalty if caught doing the same thing at your place of business, too, so I don't really get that argument.  It's offensive any way you slice it.  

Why cant we equate curse words to slurs? You're trying to relate the NBA to a typical work environment here. If i cant yell F*** at my desk, they shouldnt be able to yell F*** on the court. I cant, they can. There is no relating this to a typical work environment. Also your over exaggerating with him shouting what he said. You damn well know not one person in that stadium except Joe Smith the dude he just drilled heard that.
Apparently Kevin Garnett can get camera time to every opening of every game, drilling his forehead into a mat saying MOTHER F THIS MOTHER F THAT MOTHER F YOU and its ok. Kobe says 2 words to the dude next to him that in my eyes do no more harm than what KG said and gets fined 100k. 

Seriously its just the group that its referenced to are too sensitive. There's a reason homosexuals friends are majority girls. Sensitivity...

To me what kobe said = the B word, the F word or any curse word. If I really want to come at someone for being gay, I would look directly at them and start spittin slurs. Until then its the same as any other word.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

The Chrisitan Right? Many Muslim states? Why do people oppose gays then? Personal enjoyment? No, it's a culture war. They are scared of a society that accepts gays. Insecurity is a transparent trait.

People are often simple-minded when it doesn't have to do with their cause. Just goes to show what really drives some people. Selfishness, not altruism.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

The Chrisitan Right? Many Muslim states? Why do people oppose gays then? Personal enjoyment? No, it's a culture war. They are scared of a society that accepts gays. Insecurity is a transparent trait.

People are often simple-minded when it doesn't have to do with their cause. Just goes to show what really drives some people. Selfishness, not altruism.

freedom of speech 

I said it in the wake of Don Imus' racist comments about the Rutgers basketball team and I'll say it again now:  freedom of speech does NOT mean freedom from consequences.   

Kobe Bryant isn't going to jail for this, but he does deserve to lose some fan support.  
and da term homophobe is such a force concept....like who's afraid of gay people?

Then use the term 'heterosexist.'  Either way, there is an irrational fear of LGBT orientations.  Religious intolerance is routinely grounded in fear and it's certainly true that there exists a "fear of a Black planet" and racialized anti-immigration policies are largely fear-based. 

It's a slur utilized to defame a particular group.  Most people can understand the distinction between that and a profane term for feces and intercourse. 
You're trying to relate the NBA to a typical work environment here. If i cant yell F*** at my desk, they shouldnt be able to yell F*** on the court. I cant, they can. There is no relating this to a typical work environment. Also your over exaggerating with him shouting what he said. You damn well know not one person in that stadium except Joe Smith the dude he just drilled heard that.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
2) "We" didn't objectify Mel Gibson at all. Mel made those comments during a private conversation - I don't know if that woman was his wife or not - but if she was, we both know that would have been a privileged marital communication, ie, nobody else's !*!$!#' business. Do I agree with what he said? Hell no. But can I crucify a guy for using whatever language he wanted in a conversation that was (and should have been kept) private? No.
[/font]
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1.  Look up the word "objectify."[/font]

2. Because you can't curse at your desk, players should be allowed to use slurs?  Please. 
Professional basketball is an entertainment product.  You're not gonna put Mel Gibson in your movie if the whole world knows that he's a racist, anti-semitic wife beater.  It's a lot harder to sell your sport or your sneakers if your "star" player is a homophobe. 
If Mel Gibson makes it clear that he's a racist off camera, why should I support him?  Why should I pay to see his movies?  Why should I forgive him because he "concealed" his bigotry when in public?  "Oh, well Mel Gibson hates Black men and Jews, but he'll smile to your face so I still like him."   Nah, I don't think so. 

No more harm?  Who are you to judge whether or not it's harmed someone?  Clearly it has or there wouldn't be any controversy here.  You're just choosing not to accept it as valid, which is a little like a White guy deciding that racist stereotype in Disney films was just good clean fun and that the rest of us are a bunch of PC pansies for ever objecting to it.  

Of course, I suppose I shouldn't expect you to appreciate the distinction if you're busy stereotyping gay men.  Kobe's competed against gay players in the NBA.  There are gay men risking their lives in the armed forces at this very moment.  To call gay men as a whole weak and "oversensitive" is, itself, kind of bigoted.  

I certainly don't blame the LGBT community for being upset about this.  It shouldn't be accepted in our society just as racial slurs should never have been tolerated in our society.  I wouldn't call civil rights activists "too sensitive."  

Obviously there are more important LGBT rights issues to be concerned about than a stupid comment shouted by a frustrated basketball player, but, even so, the action itself is a hell of a lot harder to defend than Kobe Bryant himself.  It's no surprise, then, that you guys are flopping around like Vlade Divac in the attempt. 

freedom of speech 

I said it in the wake of Don Imus' racist comments about the Rutgers basketball team and I'll say it again now:  freedom of speech does NOT mean freedom from consequences.   

Kobe Bryant isn't going to jail for this, but he does deserve to lose some fan support.  
and da term homophobe is such a force concept....like who's afraid of gay people?

Then use the term 'heterosexist.'  Either way, there is an irrational fear of LGBT orientations.  Religious intolerance is routinely grounded in fear and it's certainly true that there exists a "fear of a Black planet" and racialized anti-immigration policies are largely fear-based. 

It's a slur utilized to defame a particular group.  Most people can understand the distinction between that and a profane term for feces and intercourse. 
You're trying to relate the NBA to a typical work environment here. If i cant yell F*** at my desk, they shouldnt be able to yell F*** on the court. I cant, they can. There is no relating this to a typical work environment. Also your over exaggerating with him shouting what he said. You damn well know not one person in that stadium except Joe Smith the dude he just drilled heard that.

2) "We" didn't objectify Mel Gibson at all. Mel made those comments during a private conversation - I don't know if that woman was his wife or not - but if she was, we both know that would have been a privileged marital communication, ie, nobody else's !*!$!#' business. Do I agree with what he said? Hell no. But can I crucify a guy for using whatever language he wanted in a conversation that was (and should have been kept) private? No.
[/font]
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1.  Look up the word "objectify."[/font]

2. Because you can't curse at your desk, players should be allowed to use slurs?  Please. 
Professional basketball is an entertainment product.  You're not gonna put Mel Gibson in your movie if the whole world knows that he's a racist, anti-semitic wife beater.  It's a lot harder to sell your sport or your sneakers if your "star" player is a homophobe. 
If Mel Gibson makes it clear that he's a racist off camera, why should I support him?  Why should I pay to see his movies?  Why should I forgive him because he "concealed" his bigotry when in public?  "Oh, well Mel Gibson hates Black men and Jews, but he'll smile to your face so I still like him."   Nah, I don't think so. 

No more harm?  Who are you to judge whether or not it's harmed someone?  Clearly it has or there wouldn't be any controversy here.  You're just choosing not to accept it as valid, which is a little like a White guy deciding that racist stereotype in Disney films was just good clean fun and that the rest of us are a bunch of PC pansies for ever objecting to it.  

Of course, I suppose I shouldn't expect you to appreciate the distinction if you're busy stereotyping gay men.  Kobe's competed against gay players in the NBA.  There are gay men risking their lives in the armed forces at this very moment.  To call gay men as a whole weak and "oversensitive" is, itself, kind of bigoted.  

I certainly don't blame the LGBT community for being upset about this.  It shouldn't be accepted in our society just as racial slurs should never have been tolerated in our society.  I wouldn't call civil rights activists "too sensitive."  

Obviously there are more important LGBT rights issues to be concerned about than a stupid comment shouted by a frustrated basketball player, but, even so, the action itself is a hell of a lot harder to defend than Kobe Bryant himself.  It's no surprise, then, that you guys are flopping around like Vlade Divac in the attempt. 

Back
Top Bottom