Gay Rights slams Kobe-- "what a disgrace" Kobe gets fined 100k

Originally Posted by SOSAIII

The camera needs to be focused on the players on the court. pretty soon They'll be in the showers fining dudes for not washing their a%# right. I don't advocate hate but Cmon son. stall him out, I've said plenty of stuff during intense moments that I didn't even realize I said. 10k at the most is acceptable 100 is ridiculous. Just one of my thoughts on the subject.
They knew exactly what they were doing keeping the camera on him. Even the commentator said to take the camera off him.
While I think that was a poor choice of words to say on national tv, 100k is way to much. Is the NBA donating that to the gay rights group of Stern's choice?

tired.gif
 noted.

Going through these replies...huh...now I know who's making all those outta pocket comments on World Star Hip Hop videos, all these ignorant, in-denial dudes on NT 
laugh.gif

How did some of you guys even graduate high school with that kind of logic???

If you're over the age of 12 and you still legitimately think that Homosexuality is a choice, then I honestly feel bad for you, and anyone else you're associated with. Because honestly, ignorance of that magnitude is very contagious, and most likely, the people associated with you probably believe the same thing.

Going through these replies...huh...now I know who's making all those outta pocket comments on World Star Hip Hop videos, all these ignorant, in-denial dudes on NT 
laugh.gif

If you're over the age of 12 and you still legitimately think that Homosexuality is a choice, then I honestly feel bad for you, and anyone else you're associated with. Because honestly, ignorance of that magnitude is very contagious, and most likely, the people associated with you probably believe the same thing.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Too many "saints" in here as if they never uttered words like that before in their lives, give me a break.
laugh.gif

Poor choice of words but some of you are taking things like this a bit too seriously.
Nah man, I say $$@#!% up things all the time...in my house, with my boys ill drop a "faggy" but man IT'S 2011, OPEN HOMOPHOBIA is NOT COOL, so If I called someone a fagot at work I'm going to get in trouble no matter how frustrated I was.
laugh.gif

Like it's literally crazy to me y'all are surprised, it's a PR disaster Kobe said an incredibly and uniquely offensive word on national TV, weather he knew it or not Kobe I'm sure smart enough to know it's  1990 no more wu tang records are coming out.

Exactly, I'm smart enough not to say stuff like this at my job.

Too many "saints" in here as if they never uttered words like that before in their lives, give me a break.
laugh.gif

Poor choice of words but some of you are taking things like this a bit too seriously.
Nah man, I say $$@#!% up things all the time...in my house, with my boys ill drop a "faggy" but man IT'S 2011, OPEN HOMOPHOBIA is NOT COOL, so If I called someone a fagot at work I'm going to get in trouble no matter how frustrated I was.
laugh.gif

Like it's literally crazy to me y'all are surprised, it's a PR disaster Kobe said an incredibly and uniquely offensive word on national TV, weather he knew it or not Kobe I'm sure smart enough to know it's  1990 no more wu tang records are coming out.

Originally Posted by Slaptastic

laugh.gif

I feel the same way, NT is not immune from the amt of ignorance on the internet.
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Slaptastic

laugh.gif

I feel the same way, NT is not immune from the amt of ignorance on the internet.
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

my friend got fired for calling a straight dude  F word out of frustration.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Someones alwayyyysss offended. Just shyuttt up. I'll say what Kobe said whenever I want to. Everybody knows Kobe said it out of frustration, like Kobe ill say whatever I want to say out of frustration. Unless im talking directly to you its not your problem.
You have the legal right to say what Kobe said, but that doesn't make you immune to the consequences of your actions. 
People have every right to be offended by this and the league has the right to issue a fine.  

If, at your job, you use an anti-Muslim slur out of frustration you're probably going to get fired - and with good cause.  Imagine that you said exactly what Kobe said while at work, within earshot of clients/customers.  Given the percentage of Kobe's annual salary involved, I think he got away relatively easy.  Many people in the "real world" would lose their jobs on the spot.  

Let's be real: had it been Othyus Jeffers and not Kobe Bryant, it wouldn't have been televised but, if it were, he'd be packing his bags for Greece right now.  Kobe will be forgiven because he's Kobe.  An expendable player would've been dropped outright, just like Javaris Crittenton's career basically ended after his run-in with Gilbert Arenas went public. 
Can't wait for a player to get fined as he is walking back to the locker room away from everyone. 
And Mel Gibon made racist and anti-semitic comments in the context of a private conversations.  What's your point?  It's okay to be a bigot as long as the cameras are off?
And what justice does Kobe apologizing do?

Granted, a forced apology doesn't mean much, but kids who idolize him should at least hear him admit that it's not cool.  
If he wants to do something meaningful, he should voluntarily donate $100,000 to the Human Rights Campaign Foundation himself. 

Someones alwayyyysss offended. Just shyuttt up. I'll say what Kobe said whenever I want to. Everybody knows Kobe said it out of frustration, like Kobe ill say whatever I want to say out of frustration. Unless im talking directly to you its not your problem.
You have the legal right to say what Kobe said, but that doesn't make you immune to the consequences of your actions. 
People have every right to be offended by this and the league has the right to issue a fine.  

If, at your job, you use an anti-Muslim slur out of frustration you're probably going to get fired - and with good cause.  Imagine that you said exactly what Kobe said while at work, within earshot of clients/customers.  Given the percentage of Kobe's annual salary involved, I think he got away relatively easy.  Many people in the "real world" would lose their jobs on the spot.  

Let's be real: had it been Othyus Jeffers and not Kobe Bryant, it wouldn't have been televised but, if it were, he'd be packing his bags for Greece right now.  Kobe will be forgiven because he's Kobe.  An expendable player would've been dropped outright, just like Javaris Crittenton's career basically ended after his run-in with Gilbert Arenas went public. 
Can't wait for a player to get fined as he is walking back to the locker room away from everyone. 
And Mel Gibon made racist and anti-semitic comments in the context of a private conversations.  What's your point?  It's okay to be a bigot as long as the cameras are off?
And what justice does Kobe apologizing do?

Granted, a forced apology doesn't mean much, but kids who idolize him should at least hear him admit that it's not cool.  
If he wants to do something meaningful, he should voluntarily donate $100,000 to the Human Rights Campaign Foundation himself. 

Originally Posted by Furrell

laugh.gif
Homophobe. They use that word for everything SMH.

EXACTLY. Every damn time someone disagrees with anything involving gay anything, "you're just an unaccepting homophobe". Really? You can't control everything.

Kobe was out of line though. If a player said the N word, I'd be saying the same thing.

Originally Posted by Furrell

laugh.gif
Homophobe. They use that word for everything SMH.

EXACTLY. Every damn time someone disagrees with anything involving gay anything, "you're just an unaccepting homophobe". Really? You can't control everything.

Kobe was out of line though. If a player said the N word, I'd be saying the same thing.

Originally Posted by BlazeKicks

laugh.gif

Real talk if you work for any type of "big" company its a guaranteed way to get fired. Companies ain't trying to get sued for "maintaining a hostile workplace"

The people that are upset or shocked by the fine have either never had a real job or work for themselves.

For the record, its Kobe's right to use the word no one is saying he should go to jail.

Originally Posted by BlazeKicks

laugh.gif

Real talk if you work for any type of "big" company its a guaranteed way to get fired. Companies ain't trying to get sued for "maintaining a hostile workplace"

The people that are upset or shocked by the fine have either never had a real job or work for themselves.

For the record, its Kobe's right to use the word no one is saying he should go to jail.

laugh.gif

i feel the same way, obviously not the best choice of words but people are way up in arms about it.   crazy that in about 10 years the fine increased by $95,000 from when iverson got fined 5k for calling a fan that same f word that ends with g

laugh.gif

i feel the same way, obviously not the best choice of words but people are way up in arms about it.   crazy that in about 10 years the fine increased by $95,000 from when iverson got fined 5k for calling a fan that same f word that ends with g

It's hilarious that you guys can't comprehend something as simple as the similarities between a bunch of different negative slurs and how any one of them could have been interchanged as what Kobe said in this context and would have gotten the same outrage.

It is not that hard at all to understand.

It's hilarious that you guys can't comprehend something as simple as the similarities between a bunch of different negative slurs and how any one of them could have been interchanged as what Kobe said in this context and would have gotten the same outrage.

It is not that hard at all to understand.

Back
Top Bottom