Gay Rights slams Kobe-- "what a disgrace" Kobe gets fined 100k

Originally Posted by ninjahood

bottomline is whoever thinks 100k is justified is a !$!*!%%....plenty of cats have gotten lil to NO fines for da doing da exact same thing on camera...

Mistakes in the past should be continued? Maybe the NBA is going to use this incident with its most high profile person as a valuable lesson while also pacifying parts of its fan base in an era where bad publicity spreads like wildfire? That seems too crazy though. Has to be a NWO conspiracy.

bottomline is whoever thinks 100k is justified is a !$!*!%%....plenty of cats have gotten lil to NO fines for da doing da exact same thing on camera...

Mistakes in the past should be continued? Maybe the NBA is going to use this incident with its most high profile person as a valuable lesson while also pacifying parts of its fan base in an era where bad publicity spreads like wildfire? That seems too crazy though. Has to be a NWO conspiracy.

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

you trying to hard my good man.  Like dude said let me catch you saying "damn ******" at your job and then i'm gonna call some thirsty handicap organization to hound you. then have your job fine you $100.  Would that seem fair to you?

Kobe is STILL wrong. He said those words with malice intent @ Mr. Ref. Simple as that. Nothing further. What I have called others has NO relation to this situation. It might make me a hypocrite, but it doesn't make what Kobe did any less wrong. That is what I think most of you are missing.

I am not even focusing on the amount of the fine. It does seem excessive but I think most of that is because of the negative press it is bringing Mr. Stern's organization. (NBA).

you trying to hard my good man.  Like dude said let me catch you saying "damn ******" at your job and then i'm gonna call some thirsty handicap organization to hound you. then have your job fine you $100.  Would that seem fair to you?

Kobe is STILL wrong. He said those words with malice intent @ Mr. Ref. Simple as that. Nothing further. What I have called others has NO relation to this situation. It might make me a hypocrite, but it doesn't make what Kobe did any less wrong. That is what I think most of you are missing.

I am not even focusing on the amount of the fine. It does seem excessive but I think most of that is because of the negative press it is bringing Mr. Stern's organization. (NBA).

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Mistakes in the past should be continued? Maybe the NBA is going to use this incident with its most high profile person as a valuable lesson while also pacifying parts of its fan base in an era where bad publicity spreads like wildfire
BS.....its called consistency, i bet da union gets that fine reduced HEAVILY

so by that logic if puff daddy catches a speeding ticket, their gonna slap him with a 10,000 dollar fine because he's a "high profile" person?
laugh.gif
and its gonna set a valuable lesson

to other motorist not to speed?
laugh.gif
roll.gif

grin.gif

Mistakes in the past should be continued? Maybe the NBA is going to use this incident with its most high profile person as a valuable lesson while also pacifying parts of its fan base in an era where bad publicity spreads like wildfire

so by that logic if puff daddy catches a speeding ticket, their gonna slap him with a 10,000 dollar fine because he's a "high profile" person?
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif

grin.gif

Originally Posted by 200biz

i don't get why people are trying to analyze and dissect this it's not that serious it was something said in the heat of the moment, there are worse things in sports
some of you are acting like kobe is out there burning gay flags
and trying to compare this to the n-word, just stop

Not that serious, not that serious, not that serious?
You serious brah?
eyes.gif

If a white player conducted himself in this type of behavior by shouting a racial slur to a ref you guys would be on some black panthers type iish.
But since of course it's directed to gays it's not that serious.
People stating their opinion of why Kobe is in the wrong is because we think he's out there burning gay flags?
Why not compare it to the nword? Because it offends you? I'm assuming that you are black.

Originally Posted by 200biz

i don't get why people are trying to analyze and dissect this it's not that serious it was something said in the heat of the moment, there are worse things in sports
some of you are acting like kobe is out there burning gay flags
and trying to compare this to the n-word, just stop

Not that serious, not that serious, not that serious?
You serious brah?
eyes.gif

If a white player conducted himself in this type of behavior by shouting a racial slur to a ref you guys would be on some black panthers type iish.
But since of course it's directed to gays it's not that serious.
People stating their opinion of why Kobe is in the wrong is because we think he's out there burning gay flags?
Why not compare it to the nword? Because it offends you? I'm assuming that you are black.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

da ONLY REASON this is news worthy is because he got hit with a 100k, had it been something thats CONSISTENT with fines of that sort no one would've cared

c'mon b...100k for calling someone something thats wasn't said in someone's face...that couldn't even be heard on television? yeah.....excessive

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

da ONLY REASON this is news worthy is because he got hit with a 100k, had it been something thats CONSISTENT with fines of that sort no one would've cared

c'mon b...100k for calling someone something thats wasn't said in someone's face...that couldn't even be heard on television? yeah.....excessive

I agree consistency needs to be upheld. When this Kobe news came out, the FIRST thing I thought about was KG and Kenyon. But as I said, because this situation is getting so much negative press, Stern might have felt pressure to pt down the hammer.

I agree consistency needs to be upheld. When this Kobe news came out, the FIRST thing I thought about was KG and Kenyon. But as I said, because this situation is getting so much negative press, Stern might have felt pressure to pt down the hammer.

i wonder what bennie adams and david stern would do if the majority of the crowd at staples made chants at bennie adams calling him that same word next time he refs at staples?

fine the entire crowd?

i wonder what bennie adams and david stern would do if the majority of the crowd at staples made chants at bennie adams calling him that same word next time he refs at staples?

fine the entire crowd?

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

fine the entire crowd?

Yea, he's the commissioner of humanity. You didn't get the memo?

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

fine the entire crowd?

Yea, he's the commissioner of humanity. You didn't get the memo?

I know this is a different topic at this point, but they just fined Phil and the lakers 75k a pop for comments about collective bargaining. David Stern is getting outta line.

I know this is a different topic at this point, but they just fined Phil and the lakers 75k a pop for comments about collective bargaining. David Stern is getting outta line.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif

grin.gif

Do the police govern the institution that pays Puff's salary? He's not their employee so they can't do that. David Stern can.

Back
Top Bottom