Giants sign Rowand --5 YRS. 60 MIL

SAN FRANCISCO -- The San Francisco Giants have signed outfielder Aaron Rowand to a free-agent contract, a source told ESPN.com's KeithLaw.

Rowand, who played last year with Philadelphia, where he hit .309 last season. He signed a five-year deal, according to a source.

Roward began his career with the Chicago White Sox. His 27 homers, 45 doubles and 89 RBIs were career highs last season.

Stupid

numbers will fall off now that he isn't playing in that Little League park

But his effort will never be questioned

Yeah good effort. For an out take yourself our for a month and a half. As a Phillies fan, I say, enjoy him for the price the Giants will end up paying him.

Originally Posted by hugebird

For an out take yourself our for a month and a half.
laugh.gif
....Wonder how much $ he got.

%$#+ WHAT THE %$#+!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH MY *%+#@!! GOD. WHAT THE %$#+ ARE YOU DOING, SABEAN!?!?!

SAN FRANCISCO -- The Giants made their first major acquisition of the offseason, signing free-agent center fielder Aaron Rowand to a five-year contract Wednesday.

Terms of the deal were not disclosed, although the value of Rowand's contract was believed to have approached the five-year, $90 million package that Torii Hunter, another free-agent center fielder, recently received from the Los Angeles Angels.

Are you kidding that the Giants signed Rowand for 90 mill?! Wow, I would think they would sign a player in the off-season but with that kind of money, forgetthat.

man if that car got all that money then boy did he get lucky. looks like another bad contract for the giants.

edit 90 million
sick.gif
hes good but not 90 million good.That number cant be true

A nice right handed power hitter and a gold glove centerfielder. He will most likely bat 5th now we need to look for a cleanup hitter.

winn davis rowand I see know problem with that

I hope we snag Rolen

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Terms of the deal were not disclosed, although the value of Rowand's contract was believed to have approached the five-year, $90 million package that Torii Hunter, another free-agent center fielder, recently received from the Los Angeles Angels.

{50 Cent} GET THAT MONEY MAYNE {50 Cent}.....
pimp.gif

So with the signing of Rowand does this mean that Kosuke Fukudome is out of the picture for the Giants? I thought he would have been a solid addition in theoutfield...Oh well.

Just for the record guys...espn.com is reporting it was actually 5yrs-60 million and not 90 mil...
..Obviously more reasonable, but still WAY too much considering his age(and consideration of a career year because of the ballpark he played in)

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

Would've been nice to see him back in Chicago

frown.gif
Yeah, but not for 12 million a year for 5 years.

Time for kenny to get creative, and talk less, because jerry owens in center should not be acceptable. Bad enough the rotation was weakened for a shortstopafter Uribe was signed the week before...

This bum is taking away at-bats from potential bums in Schierholtz, Lewis, and Ortmeier. But we'll never know if they're bums unless they get playingtime.

Originally Posted by SleepyBlueDemon

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

Would've been nice to see him back in Chicago

frown.gif
Yeah, but not for 12 million a year for 5 years.

Time for kenny to get creative, and talk less, because jerry owens in center should not be acceptable. Bad enough the rotation was weakened for a shortstop after Uribe was signed the week before...
It was just a one year deal. Hopefully we can trade him

Back
Top Bottom