Give/Show examples of the decline of quality in Jordan retros...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by RockwellFontana

Originally Posted by BigBallinBruce

Originally Posted by thebeast23

@ BigBallinBruce....ur shoe dnt look yellow. it looks dirty witch alotta ppl get confused wit. notice how itw Yellow in only the spots where ur foot comes in contact

but the cheated us wit the leather material....i liked the old leather better

n the 01 molds were alot better.

and the padding was cheated as well

i do think the patent cut is very minor...may jusb tryna accomodate the new mold
Yeah but even when i clean the bottom, they are still yellow by the blue areas....i even have a deadstock pair of jams which have NO bumps, but are still yellowing already in the same spots as the ones i wear do....the DS ones are getting yellow around the blue area on the bottom. ANd I'm sure other peoples DS jams have started to yellow in that area too already. I wish they would have kept the DMP molds for the XI's in 2009 and beyond. That would be cool if they used the DMP molds on the Cool Grey coming out later this year.

But I see your Marlboro's, and if you smoke, or keep smoke by ANY of them clear soles, piss is all over the "ice"
sick.gif
because I am really sure that you know that air and or smoke, and especially smoke oxidizes your clear soles 5X easily.. I had to explain to my friend whom is such an idiot, he smokes 2 packs a day in his parents basement and has 200+ pairs stacked in the corner, no tape over the box holes even, and even if he did smoke outside (he does now) but the point is, he has two sets of the DMP, and both the XI and VI are nasty pissy MC Yella, and his DS pairs are starting to be almost as bad as the ones he wears, in my opinion, he deserves it, smoking that much for years, parents enabling all his vices and habits, at least his shoes match what he lives, my boy is 27, I had to rant about him somewhere, and now he can read it here, but yeah... NEVER smoke around your kicks if you dont want a quick MC Yella High School to NBA speed yuckie piss sole... I hope you do not smoke inside...
frown.gif
If you do then, well..
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
or
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
LOL i smoke inside, but never in my room.........and i alwys keep the door closed withan air purifier running ll the time, so the air stays clean in there. should i keep a humidifier or de-humidfier in there? maybe i should turn my room into a humidor to keep the shoes in tip top shape hhahaaaa...............
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
< ME NOT in my room.

Originally Posted by bittersweet

For years, Kids' sizes have been superior, damn near similar to OG's with every release.
DAMN NEAR OG"S?!!?!?! SMH....................

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

How long have you been collecting? and how many pairsa do you have that were produced PRIOR To 2003...........

please post tagged pics and prove me wrong.

For years, Kids' sizes have been superior, damn near similar to OG's with every release.
DAMN NEAR OG"S?!!?!?! SMH....................

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

How long have you been collecting? and how many pairsa do you have that were produced PRIOR To 2003...........

please post tagged pics and prove me wrong.

Originally Posted by notoriusWES

Uh my 09 spacejams are fine...and those CDP 11s look good to me lol its just the comfort on those that suck
im going to assume that you have never owned a pair of older shoes because you STAY defending the newer ones like you made them yourself.

comfort sucks means the quality was bad. cant believe you looked at the pics then can still say they look just fine to you
smh.gif

Uh my 09 spacejams are fine...and those CDP 11s look good to me lol its just the comfort on those that suck
im going to assume that you have never owned a pair of older shoes because you STAY defending the newer ones like you made them yourself.

comfort sucks means the quality was bad. cant believe you looked at the pics then can still say they look just fine to you
smh.gif

Almost all of my shoes are 2003 prior. I've NEVER had a quality issue like glue, stitching, anything of that nature.

But all I see is you guys' complain. 95% of my shoes are FLAWLESS. SOME GS sizes may look different, but that's because they have to ... that has nothing to do with quality.

All y'all do is sit here & complain like little !$!$@** about a shoe. My shoes are GOOD.
laugh.gif
roll.gif

GS quality > Mens ... when's the last time you saw someone complain about the quality of their Kids' shoes on here?

That's what I thought, fam.

Almost all of my shoes are 2003 prior. I've NEVER had a quality issue like glue, stitching, anything of that nature.

But all I see is you guys' complain. 95% of my shoes are FLAWLESS. SOME GS sizes may look different, but that's because they have to ... that has nothing to do with quality.

All y'all do is sit here & complain like little !$!$@** about a shoe. My shoes are GOOD.
laugh.gif
roll.gif

GS quality > Mens ... when's the last time you saw someone complain about the quality of their Kids' shoes on here?

Originally Posted by bigj505

smh.gif
and your defending older retro/OG's like you made them. Nothing is wrong LOOKING with those CDP's in the PICS
Ive seen the older joints ....held em...all that....Ive seen the newer joints...held em

But some Retro's are actually good. IMO.....My opinion

lemmme tell you again....My Opinion.....Im sorry I like some of the newer retro's
While I do feel my CDP's comfort and quality kinda did suck on those 11s

the 12s were great to me...CDP 6's great...I even Dug the 17s...even tho the suede got ashy...I wore the heck out of those
I thought MY spacejams were excellent....and I had to a chance to own 2 pairs of those before I sold one....sure the older retro Spacejam is probably better but im
not livin in 2001 plus my 2009s are Just fine. Ajko's...Just fine
My 1s from the DMP...are Great to me...even those they crease weird....but all my shoes have some kind of creasing lol

I can go on and on...Yes I do Enjoy some of the Newer releases and Im sorry if that Bothers you.

There are great retro's and sometimes there are poor retros....deal with it.

But let me enjoy my "crappy quality" kicks that are holding up and looking just fine to me
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

smh.gif
and your defending older retro/OG's like you made them. Nothing is wrong LOOKING with those CDP's in the PICS
Ive seen the older joints ....held em...all that....Ive seen the newer joints...held em

lemmme tell you again....My Opinion.....Im sorry I like some of the newer retro's

the 12s were great to me...CDP 6's great...I even Dug the 17s...even tho the suede got ashy...I wore the heck out of those
I thought MY spacejams were excellent....and I had to a chance to own 2 pairs of those before I sold one....sure the older retro Spacejam is probably better but im
My 1s from the DMP...are Great to me...even those they crease weird....but all my shoes have some kind of creasing lol

I can go on and on...Yes I do Enjoy some of the Newer releases and Im sorry if that Bothers you.

But let me enjoy my "crappy quality" kicks that are holding up and looking just fine to me
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Honestly I've noticed a big difference from the comfort of the Concord XI's vs the CDP XI's..I put my old pair of Concord XI's on and they were the most comfortable shoe but once I tried the CDP XI's on I felt as if my foot was in half of the same shoe with less quality. JB has been going downhill and thats just the way its going so I've been looking to other parts of Nike instead of JB..the thing that annoys me the most that if they are going to come out with crap all the time can they at least not limit the retros so I can get a pair without having to pay resale prices..make them all general release

Honestly I've noticed a big difference from the comfort of the Concord XI's vs the CDP XI's..I put my old pair of Concord XI's on and they were the most comfortable shoe but once I tried the CDP XI's on I felt as if my foot was in half of the same shoe with less quality. JB has been going downhill and thats just the way its going so I've been looking to other parts of Nike instead of JB..the thing that annoys me the most that if they are going to come out with crap all the time can they at least not limit the retros so I can get a pair without having to pay resale prices..make them all general release

laugh.gif
roll.gif

cuz majority of cats in here are men my dude. no body will complain bout they childrens shoe quality

laugh.gif
roll.gif

cuz majority of cats in here are men my dude. no body will complain bout they childrens shoe quality

laugh.gif
roll.gif

ill say it again, if u dont notice the difference, then good for you.
i cop my girl's kicks in GS sizes and i know exactly what i see and i used to own older jordans when i was younger and remember checking out the materials differences in the 2. how about u tell me about the leather on mens OG 13s compared to your childrens 13s?
then again, if you have a problem with dudes complaining about quality in here, then step off and keep walking. this is a thread about quality yet u trying to beast on people discussing the topic
laugh.gif

notoriusWES wrote:

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

this thread is about quality and you cite quality issues you are happy with. enjoy.

laugh.gif
roll.gif

ill say it again, if u dont notice the difference, then good for you.
i cop my girl's kicks in GS sizes and i know exactly what i see and i used to own older jordans when i was younger and remember checking out the materials differences in the 2. how about u tell me about the leather on mens OG 13s compared to your childrens 13s?
then again, if you have a problem with dudes complaining about quality in here, then step off and keep walking. this is a thread about quality yet u trying to beast on people discussing the topic
laugh.gif

notoriusWES wrote:

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

this thread is about quality and you cite quality issues you are happy with. enjoy.

Decline in quality is something I no longer complain about.  Gettin tired of looking foward to a release only to get my high killed after peeping em in person.  Biggest decline in quality can be seen with the CDP IV and 09 Jams imo.  Shouldnt have to show it, everybody should already know if they had the 99's and 00's.  Hella funny seeing cats on NT defend the quality in recent jordans.     

Decline in quality is something I no longer complain about.  Gettin tired of looking foward to a release only to get my high killed after peeping em in person.  Biggest decline in quality can be seen with the CDP IV and 09 Jams imo.  Shouldnt have to show it, everybody should already know if they had the 99's and 00's.  Hella funny seeing cats on NT defend the quality in recent jordans.     

OK, anyone who fails to see the decline in Jordan Brand quality AND craftsmanship CLEARLY has not been collecting for more than 5 years. YOU HAVE TO BE BLIND TO MISS IT.

And NO, the decline in quality issue is not something someone decided to bring up one day only to gain the support and recognition by MANY Jordan heads.

It is an issue with new heads running the way JB does business today and the lack of quality control. In the past 5 years, profits have probably been at an all time high. However, I do believe there is a substantially greater amount of heads complaining about this issue than there was a couple years back. The hardest thing for me to believe is that OG Nike heads and designers, such as Tinker Hatfield who put their heart into the construction of Jordans, can sit back and accept Jordans like this.

It seems many newbie collectors these days are buying AJ's because they simply "like the idea of having J's" rather than what they actually were 10 years back. It's just a completely different game now, while quality is only one aspect of i. The sheer number of retros they release and the colorways these days changed what Air Jordans are.

OK, anyone who fails to see the decline in Jordan Brand quality AND craftsmanship CLEARLY has not been collecting for more than 5 years. YOU HAVE TO BE BLIND TO MISS IT.

And NO, the decline in quality issue is not something someone decided to bring up one day only to gain the support and recognition by MANY Jordan heads.

It is an issue with new heads running the way JB does business today and the lack of quality control. In the past 5 years, profits have probably been at an all time high. However, I do believe there is a substantially greater amount of heads complaining about this issue than there was a couple years back. The hardest thing for me to believe is that OG Nike heads and designers, such as Tinker Hatfield who put their heart into the construction of Jordans, can sit back and accept Jordans like this.

It seems many newbie collectors these days are buying AJ's because they simply "like the idea of having J's" rather than what they actually were 10 years back. It's just a completely different game now, while quality is only one aspect of i. The sheer number of retros they release and the colorways these days changed what Air Jordans are.

i have a rather unique experience with XI's. the black/red OG's (men's size, i was 19 when they released) fit like a glove even when they were so beat i couldn't wear them any more. Last year i picked up a VNDS 2001 retro and it gave me non stop blisters on the back of my feet. they were unwearable to me so i had to sell them. picked up 09 spacejams, and they're fine (soft, solid, comfy).

i don't think the new spacejams can compare with the ogs (which were just amazing fits), but i easily prefer them to the 2001 retro.

i have a rather unique experience with XI's. the black/red OG's (men's size, i was 19 when they released) fit like a glove even when they were so beat i couldn't wear them any more. Last year i picked up a VNDS 2001 retro and it gave me non stop blisters on the back of my feet. they were unwearable to me so i had to sell them. picked up 09 spacejams, and they're fine (soft, solid, comfy).

i don't think the new spacejams can compare with the ogs (which were just amazing fits), but i easily prefer them to the 2001 retro.

this is a thread about quality yet u trying to beast on people discussing the topic
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

THREAD TITLE: Give/Show examples of the decline of quality in Jordan retros...

Not anywhere in that title did I see "examples of how great the quality of Jordan retros are..."

People who are talking about how much they like the newer retro's...you are in the WRONG forum. So don't come in here and tell us "If you don't like it, then don't cop, stop complaining."

This is exactly what this thread is for.
laugh.gif

this is a thread about quality yet u trying to beast on people discussing the topic
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

THREAD TITLE: Give/Show examples of the decline of quality in Jordan retros...

Not anywhere in that title did I see "examples of how great the quality of Jordan retros are..."

People who are talking about how much they like the newer retro's...you are in the WRONG forum. So don't come in here and tell us "If you don't like it, then don't cop, stop complaining."

This is exactly what this thread is for.
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom