Give/Show examples of the decline of quality in Jordan retros...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by eltouha

i don't think the new spacejams can compare with the ogs (which were just amazing fits), but i easily prefer them to the 2001 retro.
Weren't the 2001 SpaceJams the OG SpaceJams?

i don't think the new spacejams can compare with the ogs (which were just amazing fits), but i easily prefer them to the 2001 retro.

Originally Posted by AbstraKt

First off, don't hate on my undisputed talents in the ability to use MS Paint.  Second, good lookin to the guy allowing these images to be posted.

You can tell in this first pic that there is an obvious lack of materials being used here, which is why everything is slanted.  Patent leather is lacking, like everyone else has said.

Here, you can identify obvious "craftsmanship" in the way the sneakers sit off-balance.  Again, note the lack of patent leather.

Lastly, the infamous "banana boat" silhouette.  Also noting the lack of patent, "slanting" of the back and heel area and just lack of a sneaker altogether.

Lastly, these pictures don't even describe the fit and comfort of each sneaker either.  I own and have worn the 00's and won't even imagine what the new ones feel like.
Sad how the cool greys are gonna have this exact same shape

Originally Posted by AbstraKt

First off, don't hate on my undisputed talents in the ability to use MS Paint.  Second, good lookin to the guy allowing these images to be posted.

You can tell in this first pic that there is an obvious lack of materials being used here, which is why everything is slanted.  Patent leather is lacking, like everyone else has said.

Here, you can identify obvious "craftsmanship" in the way the sneakers sit off-balance.  Again, note the lack of patent leather.

Lastly, the infamous "banana boat" silhouette.  Also noting the lack of patent, "slanting" of the back and heel area and just lack of a sneaker altogether.

Lastly, these pictures don't even describe the fit and comfort of each sneaker either.  I own and have worn the 00's and won't even imagine what the new ones feel like.
Sad how the cool greys are gonna have this exact same shape

Originally Posted by BigBallinBruce

sorry i wasn't clear. the OGs in '96 and the retros in '01 were both black/red/white colourway (my favourite colours on xi).

sorry i wasn't clear. the OGs in '96 and the retros in '01 were both black/red/white colourway (my favourite colours on xi).

Originally Posted by bittersweet

For years, Kids' sizes have been superior, damn near similar to OG's with every release.
DAMN NEAR OG"S?!!?!?! SMH....................

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

How long have you been collecting? and how many pairsa do you have that were produced PRIOR To 2003...........

please post tagged pics and prove me wrong.

i think the almost OG was overkill, but the kids releases are much better than the adults

Originally Posted by bittersweet

For years, Kids' sizes have been superior, damn near similar to OG's with every release.
DAMN NEAR OG"S?!!?!?! SMH....................

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

How long have you been collecting? and how many pairsa do you have that were produced PRIOR To 2003...........

please post tagged pics and prove me wrong.

i think the almost OG was overkill, but the kids releases are much better than the adults

Originally Posted by ItsaBayThang

Decline in quality is something I no longer complain about.  Gettin tired of looking foward to a release only to get my high killed after peeping em in person.  Biggest decline in quality can be seen with the CDP IV and 09 Jams imo.  Shouldnt have to show it, everybody should already know if they had the 99's and 00's.  Hella funny seeing cats on NT defend the quality in recent jordans.     

09 space jams werent too bad IMO....as far as sayin its the biggest decline in quality  i cant agree wit that. we seen a whoooole lot worse

Originally Posted by ItsaBayThang

Decline in quality is something I no longer complain about.  Gettin tired of looking foward to a release only to get my high killed after peeping em in person.  Biggest decline in quality can be seen with the CDP IV and 09 Jams imo.  Shouldnt have to show it, everybody should already know if they had the 99's and 00's.  Hella funny seeing cats on NT defend the quality in recent jordans.     

09 space jams werent too bad IMO....as far as sayin its the biggest decline in quality  i cant agree wit that. we seen a whoooole lot worse

my favorite example of quality would have to be all my friends that hypebeasted over the '09 space jams and now their like "they hurt my feet, i cant wear them anymore" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA tried to warn em bout my CDP XI's too
eyes.gif

my favorite example of quality would have to be all my friends that hypebeasted over the '09 space jams and now their like "they hurt my feet, i cant wear them anymore" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA tried to warn em bout my CDP XI's too
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by bigj505

notoriusWES wrote:

and your defending older retro/OG's like you made them. Nothing is wrong LOOKING with those CDP's in the PICS
Ive seen the older joints ....held em...all that....Ive seen the newer joints...held em

But some Retro's are actually good. IMO.....My opinion

lemmme tell you again....My Opinion.....Im sorry I like some of the newer retro's
While I do feel my CDP's comfort and quality kinda did suck on those 11s

the 12s were great to me...CDP 6's great...I even Dug the 17s...even tho the suede got ashy...I wore the heck out of those
I thought MY spacejams were excellent....and I had to a chance to own 2 pairs of those before I sold one....sure the older retro Spacejam is probably better but im
not livin in 2001 plus my 2009s are Just fine. Ajko's...Just fine
My 1s from the DMP...are Great to me...even those they crease weird....but all my shoes have some kind of creasing lol

I can go on and on...Yes I do Enjoy some of the Newer releases and Im sorry if that Bothers you.

There are great retro's and sometimes there are poor retros....deal with it.

But let me enjoy my "crappy quality" kicks that are holding up and looking just fine to me
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
this thread is about quality and you cite quality issues you are happy with. enjoy.

notoriusWES wrote:
pimp.gif
thats cause I can enjoy the kicks.

thats what it comes down to at the end of the day
Sheep I tell you
smh.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif
....i didn't even think to come in here because i didn't think this topic seriously held water...after reading a majority of these responses, my first thought was correct

Originally Posted by bigj505

notoriusWES wrote:

and your defending older retro/OG's like you made them. Nothing is wrong LOOKING with those CDP's in the PICS
Ive seen the older joints ....held em...all that....Ive seen the newer joints...held em

But some Retro's are actually good. IMO.....My opinion

lemmme tell you again....My Opinion.....Im sorry I like some of the newer retro's
While I do feel my CDP's comfort and quality kinda did suck on those 11s

the 12s were great to me...CDP 6's great...I even Dug the 17s...even tho the suede got ashy...I wore the heck out of those
I thought MY spacejams were excellent....and I had to a chance to own 2 pairs of those before I sold one....sure the older retro Spacejam is probably better but im
not livin in 2001 plus my 2009s are Just fine. Ajko's...Just fine
My 1s from the DMP...are Great to me...even those they crease weird....but all my shoes have some kind of creasing lol

I can go on and on...Yes I do Enjoy some of the Newer releases and Im sorry if that Bothers you.

There are great retro's and sometimes there are poor retros....deal with it.

But let me enjoy my "crappy quality" kicks that are holding up and looking just fine to me
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
this thread is about quality and you cite quality issues you are happy with. enjoy.

notoriusWES wrote:
pimp.gif
thats cause I can enjoy the kicks.

thats what it comes down to at the end of the day
Sheep I tell you
smh.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif
....i didn't even think to come in here because i didn't think this topic seriously held water...after reading a majority of these responses, my first thought was correct

Yea. your point? Its not hard to see...check out/feel older shoes in person

Do i need to be 29 in order to evaluate a damn shoe?
laugh.gif

Sheep I tell you
smh.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif

But i like what i like....i mean to me...they arent as crappy as NT makes them seen or maybe i get good pairs

But i rarely compplain cause i only COP what I like

But im not gonna be in every single retro thread sayin blah blah blah blah quality sucks...."copped a pair for beaters tho"
or whatever yall say....its just pointless to complain about these things.....Nothing will change. They should just lock this thread

I say if you dont like it...Dont cop....dont complain...move on to a new brand/next shoe

Yea. your point? Its not hard to see...check out/feel older shoes in person

Do i need to be 29 in order to evaluate a damn shoe?
laugh.gif

Sheep I tell you
smh.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif

But i like what i like....i mean to me...they arent as crappy as NT makes them seen or maybe i get good pairs

But i rarely compplain cause i only COP what I like

But im not gonna be in every single retro thread sayin blah blah blah blah quality sucks...."copped a pair for beaters tho"
or whatever yall say....its just pointless to complain about these things.....Nothing will change. They should just lock this thread

I say if you dont like it...Dont cop....dont complain...move on to a new brand/next shoe

^yup but they have been coming out with hooping shoes No of you seems to like (22, 2k4, 2k5)

Now I know people who ball in retro's and have no problem at all
laugh.gif

what I really want to say is we been complaining and complaining for years and it only gets worse most the time

But you still cop...No one to blame but yourself...

I think even if the shoes were damn near perfect and top notch......yall would still complain...I feel its something that will never stop no matter what.

Im done with this thread. thanks for all the views ....or at least those who stated your opinion
pimp.gif

^yup but they have been coming out with hooping shoes No of you seems to like (22, 2k4, 2k5)

Now I know people who ball in retro's and have no problem at all
laugh.gif

what I really want to say is we been complaining and complaining for years and it only gets worse most the time

But you still cop...No one to blame but yourself...

I think even if the shoes were damn near perfect and top notch......yall would still complain...I feel its something that will never stop no matter what.

Im done with this thread. thanks for all the views ....or at least those who stated your opinion
pimp.gif

Anyone else think they're making the shoes smaller?? My Laneys fit almost like my maroon ls 5 which are a full size bigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom