GO TO SEASON THREAD.

I would rather have Collison. Especially if it was a 2 year deal w/ an option year.

I don't want to do anything stupid over the course of this year w/ next year's FA and our bad contracts coming off.

I would rather have Collison. Especially if it was a 2 year deal w/ an option year.

I don't want to do anything stupid over the course of this year w/ next year's FA and our bad contracts coming off.

This. Would be a great fit

Billups looked awful all last season

billups is done. dude hasnt hit a big shot in ages. i guess you can bring him in as a mentor, but you really cant count on him to play a significant role.

Marc Stein‏@ESPNSteinLine4m
First surprise of week on Dwight front: Sources say Golden State made real impression on Howard in their meeting and have become a factor

----

Things that wouldn't have been written in any medium 3 years ago.

4. What would you offer Monta Ellis?

****: Ellis has midlevel exception written all over him. That comes out to four years, $22 million if the team is below the tax line, or three years, $10 million if the team is a taxpayer. My guess is he'll find a team below the tax line.

Elhassan: Three years, $18 million (player option on the third year). Ellis is a high-level scoring guard, but if he's starting, your team isn't going very far. He'd excel as an off-the-bench scorer, provided he accepts that role. Comparables such as J.R. Smith and Jamal Crawford both come to mind, and Ellis' production surpasses them. Still, $6 million per year is all I'd commit to a bench guard.

Han: Three years, $16.5 million. Ellis is the conundrum of free agency: a talented scorer, but also low in efficiency, exactly the stereotype that teams seem to be moving away from. Lou Williams received $5.5 million per year in his contract last offseason, and that feels sensible in this situation.

Sunnergren: Three years, $15 million. In 2012-13, Ellis shot under 29 percent from 3, finished 63rd among qualified point guards in true shooting percentage, 44th in assist-to-turnover ratio, and placed just 11th on his own 38-win team in win shares per 48 minutes. The analytics revolution is here (and it was televised). These are going to be lean years for volume shooters.

Winter: Three years, $16 million. Ellis is a prolific scorer, gifted creator and plays the passing lanes like few others. But he doesn't play basketball in a vacuum, so his inefficiency, overall defensive worth and poor locker room influence matter, too. Monta needs to hit reset on his career in the worst way; his talent alone is worth more than the midlevel exception, let alone a contract so short in length.

:x

he getting hated on real bad, should have put more thought into that extension from the Bucks :smh:

Like I've said, if he's one of your top 4 players, your team isn't good.
A bench player isn't going to get more than 6, and that's stretching it.

Last edited:
I disagree that that he cant be in a team's top 4 best players.  He can definitely be a 3rd best player on a good team.  I also dont agree with the fact that everyone says he is an inefficient scorer.  All I can go off of is history.  And history shows that when Monta is put in a situation where he doesnt have to be the Batman or Robin of a team (see We Believe team and following year), he is a VERY efficient scorer.  Just because he was a bit of a chucker on terrible Warriors and Bucks teams, doesnt mean thats who he is.

We Believe: Davis, Richardson, and Jackson were all better. At that point I'd even throw Al Harrington above him.

Harrington got moved to the bench for much of the latter part of that season and playoffs, so I dont agree with you there.  I am totally with you that Monta was not better than Baron, JRich or Jax.  I think he was our 4th best player those years, and our teams were damn good.

Put him on the Bulls or a similar team where he would be the 3rd guy, they would be fine.

Could've swore that Nelson went small towards the end of the year, but my memory does suck :\ Davis/Ellis/Richardson/Jackson/Harrington

Could've swore that Nelson went small towards the end of the year, but my memory does suck :\ Davis/Ellis/Richardson/Jackson/Harrington
Wasnt Biedrins starting? With Harrington, Ellis, Barnes, and Pietrus off the bench?

You guys are both right, and I am semi wrong. I looked it up. My memory of the playoffs that year are very vivid of the Mavs series, and basically just BD's dunk in the second series. I remember Harrington not playing much at all in the Mavs series and assumed it carried over the same way in the Jazz series. It didnt. Al was playing like ten min a game against the Mavs....and like 30 against Utah.

And LC....during that Mavs series we did go small and Biedrins was starting. The starting lineup was either Baron, Monta, Jrich, Jax and Andris.....or Baron, Jrich, Jax, Barnes and Andris.

For what it's worth, the Warriors are "aggressively attempting" to trade players to clear caps pace for Dwight via Bleacher Report.

so how are we able to trade players without taking anything back? someone enlighten me on this
nerd.gif
picks? 

They would have to trade to a team under the cap that can absorb the salaries. The salary cap next year is probably going to be $58.8M next year so you would be looking to trade to teams with a cap around $40M-$45M.

Seeing as how they want to offload nearly $20M there isn't many teams that can take on so much salary and who are willing to give up future round picks especially with the Wiggins sweepstakes next year. The picks would most likely be after 2014 or 2nd round picks.

Back
Top Bottom