Go to the official '09-'10 New York Knicks season thread, this thread will be locked soon

Originally Posted by blackredxiiigoat

lol...wish I could find a DS pair in my sz (
glasses.gif
smh at me for passin on em when they first released...

smh.gif
at getting rid of mines. I never had a reason to wear them when I did havethem. But if the conspiracy prevails...

sheeeit.jpg

Aww man u guys are gettin me hyped up thinking about exclusive knick colorway lebrons... birthday IV's were such a tease smh lol

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Frank Williams Arrested On Drug Charges

Frank Williams was taken to Peoria County Jail and booked on charges of unlawful possession of marijuana and unlawful possession of marijuana with intent to deliver.

Multi-County Narcotics Enforcement Group agents seized 78 grams of marijuana, a digital scale and a .40-caliber handgun at the residence of Williams' younger brother.
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/59748/20090611/frank_williams_arrested_on_drug_charges/

roll.gif
smh.gif

he was supposed to be our futute starting pg...until marbury arrived

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Frank Williams Arrested On Drug Charges

Frank Williams was taken to Peoria County Jail and booked on charges of unlawful possession of marijuana and unlawful possession of marijuana with intent to deliver.

Multi-County Narcotics Enforcement Group agents seized 78 grams of marijuana, a digital scale and a .40-caliber handgun at the residence of Williams' younger brother.
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/59748/20090611/frank_williams_arrested_on_drug_charges/

roll.gif
smh.gif
he was supposed to be our futute starting pg...until marbury arrived

Rick Brunson was better than him.

just felt like posting this, this guy pushes the ball EVERY possession. His passing and handle
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. at the announcers
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Everyone knows the knicks air max penny's are better than the birthday lebrons but I could've swore this was a discussion about lebron in 2010 andbesides penny already got his chance in nyc lol

if lebron leaves cleveland I would love to watch that first game that he goes back to play them. the crowd won't even cheer for the cavs I honestly thinkthey will cheer for lebron.

i wanna know how this damn roster gonna look when season start, so far Curry/Rodriquez/Gortat are expected to join in

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

Everyone knows the knicks air max penny's are better than the birthday lebrons but I could've swore this was a discussion about lebron in 2010 and besides penny already got his chance in nyc lol

I'm with him (no fishsticks).

But just for the record, when speaking about the best Knicks sneakers, nothing will ever top these two:

kryptonate-nike-foamposite-lite-nate-robinson-shoes.jpg

I'm still copping Wilson Chandler Pony's (no fishsticks) when they drop.

Jonny Flynn FTW!

[h1]At Bethpage, Michael Jordan says Knicks need more than LeBron James[/h1]
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/m...ordan_enters_james_games.html#ixzz0IPX5wjaZ&D

BY Matt Gagne
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Updated Saturday, June 13th 2009, 10:20 AM

alg_jordan-golfs.jpg

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/m...ordan_enters_james_games.html#ixzz0IPXAJPbe&D
LeBron James remains on the mind of every Knick fan hoping this season's MVP becomes a free agent in 2010 and packs his bags for New York.

But Michael Jordan, the ultimate Knick killer, threw a wrinkle in the die-hards' wishful thinking Friday afternoon, essentially saying don't hold your breath - or think James can make the Knicks instant contenders.

"He's made his mark in Cleveland. I know New York fans would love to have him, but you need a lot more components than just one player," Jordan said after playing in a celebrity golf tournament at Bethpage Black in Farmingdale, L.I., leading up to next week's U.S. Open there. "He's done a heck of a job in Cleveland and they deserve to have him there. He's from that area.

"In terms of the game itself, small markets can benefit from it a lot more than the big markets can. That's not a discredit to New York at all."

Jordan, of course, still went out of his way to tweak Knicks fans.

"You're asking me to talk about the Knicks and I own the Bobcats," he said. "I want to beat you guys every day."

Jordan finished with a 16-over-par 86 to take second in the four-player tournament. It will air June 21 at noon and lead into the final round of the Open on NBC.

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger won with an 81, while singer Justin Timberlake (88) and Larry Giebelhausen (101) - a police lieutenant from Arizona who won a contest to play alongside the celebrities - both trailed Jordan, who admitted to being out of his element.

"The doubt creeps in there a lot more than it did on the basketball court. On the basketball court I never thought about it," he said. "When you step outside of your field, it's a whole different atmosphere; you become human, you become normal, and you deal with the expectations and effects of being normal. And I was nervous."

He also said he was surprised by the ovations James and Kobe Bryant received at the Garden over the winter, attributing their historic performances to "no defense, no defense."

On Feb. 2, Bryant scored 61 points and set the Garden's single-game scoring record. Two days later, James had 52 points and what appeared to be a triple-double until a rebound was later taken away after a league review. Both were serenaded with chants of "MVP!" and given standing ovations.

"It had a lot to do with what they were seeing. New York fans are very respectful for the game," Jordan said. "They recognize talent, but ... back when I played, anytime I'd go in the paint I'd have scratches and the possibility of some stitches. I'm not criticizing the game, but in essence it's not the same Knick team that it was when I played. They recognized good basketball. They're very respectful of the game, but I don't think you can compare the two."

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

[h1]At Bethpage, Michael Jordan says Knicks need more than LeBron James[/h1]
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/m...ordan_enters_james_games.html#ixzz0IPX5wjaZ&D

BY Matt Gagne
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Updated Saturday, June 13th 2009, 10:20 AM

alg_jordan-golfs.jpg

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/m...ordan_enters_james_games.html#ixzz0IPXAJPbe&D
LeBron James remains on the mind of every Knick fan hoping this season's MVP becomes a free agent in 2010 and packs his bags for New York.

But Michael Jordan, the ultimate Knick killer, threw a wrinkle in the die-hards' wishful thinking Friday afternoon, essentially saying don't hold your breath - or think James can make the Knicks instant contenders.

"He's made his mark in Cleveland. I know New York fans would love to have him, but you need a lot more components than just one player," Jordan said after playing in a celebrity golf tournament at Bethpage Black in Farmingdale, L.I., leading up to next week's U.S. Open there. "He's done a heck of a job in Cleveland and they deserve to have him there. He's from that area.

"In terms of the game itself, small markets can benefit from it a lot more than the big markets can. That's not a discredit to New York at all."

Jordan, of course, still went out of his way to tweak Knicks fans.

"You're asking me to talk about the Knicks and I own the Bobcats," he said. "I want to beat you guys every day."

Jordan finished with a 16-over-par 86 to take second in the four-player tournament. It will air June 21 at noon and lead into the final round of the Open on NBC.

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger won with an 81, while singer Justin Timberlake (88) and Larry Giebelhausen (101) - a police lieutenant from Arizona who won a contest to play alongside the celebrities - both trailed Jordan, who admitted to being out of his element.

"The doubt creeps in there a lot more than it did on the basketball court. On the basketball court I never thought about it," he said. "When you step outside of your field, it's a whole different atmosphere; you become human, you become normal, and you deal with the expectations and effects of being normal. And I was nervous."

He also said he was surprised by the ovations James and Kobe Bryant received at the Garden over the winter, attributing their historic performances to "no defense, no defense."

On Feb. 2, Bryant scored 61 points and set the Garden's single-game scoring record. Two days later, James had 52 points and what appeared to be a triple-double until a rebound was later taken away after a league review. Both were serenaded with chants of "MVP!" and given standing ovations.

"It had a lot to do with what they were seeing. New York fans are very respectful for the game," Jordan said. "They recognize talent, but ... back when I played, anytime I'd go in the paint I'd have scratches and the possibility of some stitches. I'm not criticizing the game, but in essence it's not the same Knick team that it was when I played. They recognized good basketball. They're very respectful of the game, but I don't think you can compare the two."
captain_obvious.jpg

roll.gif

jordan is the third player I've heard talk about lebron being in a small market is good for the league. That's easy for Jordan to say. he played forchicago. Not exactly a small market.

I think it's a load of crap.

eek.gif

the knick colored bird again
pimp.gif

we need him here in NY, how many more days until 2010 free agency??

Nike is dropping subtle hints that they really want LeGod in NYC.

Best believe, if he does come, I will be scooping up another Authentic Jersey since Spreewell left.

Back
Top Bottom