Go to the official '09-'10 New York Knicks season thread, this thread will be locked soon

He retired but I remember there was a ruling that he was still on the roster (as an IR) and some of his salary was to be paid by the Knicks. That's why wewere able to get a trade/injury exception to get sign a new player. Something like that.

jordan hill
sick.gif

even considering taking curry
sick.gif

david lee has maxed his potential?
alien.gif

Nba rules say that cannot trade "sick" players... also I think t-mac is bound for a monster year this year. He wants that free agent money

Not feelin this jordan hill pick... especially wit amare and bosh being free agents in 2010. Can someone please explain the logic in selecting him to me?

Thanks Shaq!By Tommy Dee - Jun 16, 2009 7:14 pm

For all of you who are tired as hell of listening and reading about Lebron Jameshttp://sny.stats.com/nba/playerstats.asp?id=3704&team= and the Knicks in 2010… send Shaq Diesel a thank you card.

Better yet, send him a Tweet.

Because what the "Big Cactus" just did for you is put Lebron into a position to make an immediate decision that will impact his choice to leaveDrew Carey town in 2010.

If you commit, then the championship talent, especially me, will follow.

Basically, Shaq is trying to land another contract and having just seen Kobe win another ring, The Diesel knows in his mind that between Bryant and Wade heowns a precedence of breeding champions. Seriously, imagine if you're Shaq and you're sitting around and talking to your people about the threegreatest players in the NBA. Can you see Shaq busting out a big grin and saying:

"Yeah, I helped them ALL win."

You've seen the bird flying away in the Nike commercial and you've read countless posts on this blog and yes there are those who believe Lebron iscoming here. Here are the answers we keep hearing as to why he's not:
  1. that he loves his hometown (even though he was a Bulls fan growing up) and
  2. that he wants to win championships and he wants a team good enough to sustain up top.
Landing Shaq may be THE piece to winning a ring- the same way he was for Kobe and D-Wade only a little puffier. And then again, he may not be, but doesanyone ELSE have any other ideas? In Shaq's mind he still is, so he called Lebron out according to ESPN:
"O'Neal reportedly has some demands. He would like a two-year contract extension, and assurance that James will remain with the Cavaliers for at least the next three seasons."

So if the deal doesn't go through, make no mistake, Knick fans will have their answer.

Case closed.

What you say? Lebron is smart and if he doesn't want to partner with Shaq, is it because he's too old? Okay, then you'll always haveexcuses.

Me, I think Lebron has a chance to secure himself in Cleveland like everyone believes will happen. But, if this deal doesn't happen, all signs point tothe King coming to NY, unless the Cavs miraculously add a young stud in this draft.

And if the deal goes down, at least we get to experience the pain this summer,deal with it and move on.

So from TKB, our thanks Shaq for putting on the heat.

Man, if LeBron wanted to be in Cleveland that bad and if he believed the Cavs have that good of chance to win he would have signed an extension by now. Idon't care what anybody says.

The window is closing on Cleveland. Chicago, Orlando, Miami, and even Boston will improve next season and the first 3 teams are being built for the long haul.New York is on the right track, regardless if LeBron goes to NY or not. LeBron isn't stupid, we have more talent on the roster now than everyone onCleveland not named LeBron James. He sees what Walsh is doing everything in his power to give the man what he wants, the Garden is being renovated with newboxes, everything is set for him.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Ya'll dudes see what Newsday said?

Hughes + Mobley for TMac

laugh.gif
the question is, would YOU, (houston fans) do it.
to me/us, i would do it, just because we can now have a "closer"
2: he's injury prone, and that scares me off a bit.
3. to the person who said it frees up space for 2010, it wouldnt matter because all 3 contracts expire before 2010.
a part of me, REALLY wants shane battie though. sign+trade lee+jared jefferies+hughes+mobley for tmac & shane?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by C5A5D5A5

jordan hill
sick.gif
This better not happen.

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

Man, if LeBron wanted to be in Cleveland that bad and if he believed the Cavs have that good of chance to win he would have signed an extension by now. I don't care what anybody says.
+1

As a Houston fan if the #8 is included then I think we'd have to think about it.

As is, I don't see the benefit.

It's just so hard for me to think that he would bounce from CLE without winning a championship.

but coming to nyc would change his life.... ugh it's so annoying thinking about this for one more year.

but yeah he ain't signing an extension just cuz of shaq. I'm not even worried bout that

god forbid Lebron stays in Cleveland but how bad do u think hell get it from New York when he comes here after we know hes staying in Cleveland

draft day is gonan be hectic. i've never seen so many different versions of mock drafts. its basically a toss up after the first pick. btw, i i'vewatched every single ricky rubio vid on youtube (being bored ftl) and i think i'm in love with dudes game (no *!+%). we need to get sacramentos pick ASAP

oh best believe lebron gets booed every time he goes to the garden if he stays in CLE

He would be like Jordan was when he was taking a dump all over the knicks. We booed him hard but loved his game.

I honestly cant see Lebron signing a deal saying that he will for sure stay in cleveland. We all saw the way he acted this previous season when his team lethim down. If this happens again next year I could already see him in the interviews after the game saying he cant wait for a change in NY
pimp.gif

"stay open minded if you're a knick fan"

"if you guys wanna sleep and not wake up till july 1st 2010 then go ahead cuz it's gonna be a big day"

nerd.gif

Im sure I'll be getting lots of hate for this but I may be the only Knicks fan who DOESN'T want Lebron to come to the Knicks. I say $!!* him! I lovehis shoes but I never did like him (pause). Personally I would be happy with a team of Nash, Joe Johnson, Wilson Chandler, Amare and Thabeet plus the veryinternational bench of Sergio Rodriguez, Gallinari and Gortat.

We can sign Gortat this year with the MLE and hopefully convince the Grizzlies to take Lee + #8 pick for the #2 to draft Thabeet. Amare said he wants to cometo NY, maybe he can encourage Nash and Joe Johnson for a Phoenix Suns reunion. Sign Sergio when hes an unristricted free agent in 2010.

Call me crazy but I like the chances of this happening more than the chance that Lebron will come to NY.

Originally Posted by sensation87

Im sure I'll be getting lots of hate for this but I may be the only Knicks fan who DOESN'T want Lebron to come to the Knicks. I say $!!* him! I love his shoes but I never did like him (pause). Personally I would be happy with a team of Nash, Joe Johnson, Wilson Chandler, Amare and Thabeet plus the very international bench of Sergio Rodriguez, Gallinari and Gortat.

We can sign Gortat this year with the MLE and hopefully convince the Grizzlies to take Lee + #8 pick for the #2 to draft Thabeet. Amare said he wants to come to NY, maybe he can encourage Nash and Joe Johnson for a Phoenix Suns reunion. Sign Sergio when hes an unristricted free agent in 2010.

Call me crazy but I like the chances of this happening more than the chance that Lebron will come to NY.
i would only like lebron on my team IF he stops playing like a cheater. i hate him driving to the hoop and relying on his stardom and size. idont like his "whatever it takes to win" mentality.

Back
Top Bottom