Go to the official '09-'10 New York Knicks season thread, this thread will be locked soon

Originally Posted by sensation87

Im sure I'll be getting lots of hate for this but I may be the only Knicks fan who DOESN'T want Lebron to come to the Knicks. I say $!!* him! I love his shoes but I never did like him (pause). Personally I would be happy with a team of Nash, Joe Johnson, Wilson Chandler, Amare and Thabeet plus the very international bench of Sergio Rodriguez, Gallinari and Gortat.

We can sign Gortat this year with the MLE and hopefully convince the Grizzlies to take Lee + #8 pick for the #2 to draft Thabeet. Amare said he wants to come to NY, maybe he can encourage Nash and Joe Johnson for a Phoenix Suns reunion. Sign Sergio when hes an unristricted free agent in 2010.

Call me crazy but I like the chances of this happening more than the chance that Lebron will come to NY.
... sorry i just had to puke. Lets move on
laugh.gif
sick.gif
indifferent.gif

Im just being practical. As much as everyone would love to have Dwade, Lebron, Dirk, Bosh, Yao and every other superstar free agent of 2010 to come to theKnicks my scenario is somewhat realistic.

Who do you expect to be on the roster once 2010 comes The GR8?

Im sure I'll be getting lots of hate for this but I may be the only Knicks fan who DOESN'T want Lebron to come to the Knicks. I say $!!* him! I love his shoes but I never did like him (pause). Personally I would be happy with a team of Nash, Joe Johnson, Wilson Chandler, Amare and Thabeet plus the very international bench of Sergio Rodriguez, Gallinari and Gortat.

We can sign Gortat this year with the MLE and hopefully convince the Grizzlies to take Lee + #8 pick for the #2 to draft Thabeet. Amare said he wants to come to NY, maybe he can encourage Nash and Joe Johnson for a Phoenix Suns reunion. Sign Sergio when hes an unristricted free agent in 2010.

Call me crazy but I like the chances of this happening more than the chance that Lebron will come to NY.

I respect what you want and I too would like Nash in NY but as a city I think Lebron would rejuvinate (sp) our team. If we had Lebron in all our games would besellouts and we wouldnt be considered as a joke to the rest of the league.

[h1]KNICKS ON A HIGHWAY TOWARD HILL[/h1]By MARC BERMAN

The question isn't whether the Knicks would take

Arizona power forward Jordan Hill. The question is whether enough teams ahead of the Knicks looking at guards will hasten Hill's fall to No. 8 on June25.

That Hill worked out for the Knicks yesterday was a great sign -- an acknowledgement that Hill may still be on the board when the Knicks come up to bat atNo. 8.

"There could be a chance," Hill said after his solo workout. "Just to be sure, we have a backup plan and showcase for the lower top 10.

Anything can happen in this draft. New York is a good place. You got to see what comes down."

Hill, the 6-foot-10 junior, is long, athletic, can defend the post, run the floor and has an excellent 17-foot jump shot. Before buying your Stephen Curryor Jrue Holiday jersey, the Knicks may go with a power forward despite their roster makeup.

If Hill is there, Curry won't be.

Adding Hill would mean the Knicks will attempt to deal free agent David Lee in a sign-and-trade in July, possibly with Portland.

The Eastern Conference's road to The Finals no longer goes through LeBron James' palace. It goes through Dwight Howard's Magic Kingdom.

An ability to defend the post is tantamount -- something King James' Cavaliers failed to do. Currently, the Knicks probably have the NBA's worstpost defense. Hence, Donnie Walsh's fascination with Hill.

"I would fit real good," Hill said. "I like to run up and down the court. Chris Duhon is a pass-first guard. So that's a goodthing."

There's talk Hill wouldn't get past Golden State at No. 7. According to Hill, during his workout with Golden State Friday, Don Nelson told him hedoubts he'd be there at 7. But he never told him they'd pick him.

"Never heard that," Hill said. "They feel I'm not going to be there but they're also looking for a guard now."

Hill will work out four times total -- the Warriors, Knicks, Washington (which has the No. 5 pick) tomorrow and Memphis (No. 2) Sunday. Hill and Duhon sharethe same agent, Kevin Bradbury.

"Obviously being Chris' agent watching the Knicks all year long, it would be great for them to have another big man with a soft touch -- a greatathlete who would thrive in that system," Bradbury said. "I don't want to speak for Donnie but if he's available to the Knicks, I would hopethey'd take him."

The Knicks' last workout of consequence comes tomorrow when

intriguing USC shooting guard DeMar DeRozan goes solo in Westchester.

DeRozan compared himself to Vince Carter during the NBA Combine. ...

The Knicks are still looking to meet with Spain's Ricky Rubio when he visits the U.S. next week.

[h1]Knicks might need bold action to acquireCurry[/h1]BY ALAN HAHN |[email protected] 10:33 PM EDT, June 16, 2009Donnie Walsh may need to take a page out of the Mike Tannenbaum playbook if the Knicks are as hot forStephen Curry as the Jets were for Mark Sanchez. Tannenbaum made a bold move to trade up to the fifth pick in the NFL draft to grab Sanchez, the "it" quarterbackof the draft after No. 1 pick Matthew Stafford.

Curry, who has conjured a great deal of "it" factor over the past two weeks, could be the NBA's version of Sanchez, a hot commodity who entereddraft talk as a borderline top 10 pick and after workouts has skyrocketed into blue-chip status.

Curry is so aware of his sudden rise on the draft board that he changed his mind about shutting down his workouts, which his father, Dell, indicated last weekin Charlotte. After Stephen finished what was supposed to be his final workout Tuesday in Washington, he told reporters he intended to work out for theSacramentoKings this weekend.

The Kings have the fourth overall pick. The Knicks, who pick eighth, are already preparing for alternative scenarios as interest in Curry has grown since heworked out in New York. And while Curry continues to say his preference would be to land with the Knicks, it doesn't make financial sense for him todissuade teams ahead of the Knicks to pass on him. For instance, the NBA rookie scale for the eighth overall pick is $2.06 million in the first year. The scaleat fourth overall, where the Kings select, is almost $1 million more.

The Knicks' diligent predraft workout process continues Wednesday when Louisville shooting guard Terrence Williams headlines another group of invitees tothe MSG Training Center. On Tuesday, the Knicks, who are owned by Cablevision which also owns Newsday, worked out Arizona power forward Jordan Hill, who couldfall to the Knicks if guards dominate the top seven. Hill, however, is being targeted by the Wizards at No. 5 and would also be a preference of the DallasMavericks, who have engaged in discussions with Washington for the pick. Don Nelson reportedly told Hill last week that if he were still on the board, theWarriors would take him at No. 7.

Of course, as the rumor mill churns into high gear with almost a week to go before next Thursday's draft, the Warriors are also believed to be veryinterested in Curry and another potential Knicks target, Brandon Jennings. There is this caveat,however: According to a person with knowledge of the situation, Warriors guard Monta Ellis was assured by team brass that they would not select a guard andHill was the intended target.

The Knicks could attempt to avoid all of this mess by making a bold move up into the top five. It is believed that pick No. 2 (Memphis), No. 3 (Oklahoma City),No. 5 (Washington) and No. 6 (Minnesota) are each available for the right deal. Though the Knicks don't have many assets to trade - restricted free agentsDavid Lee and NateRobinson, by rule, cannot be included in a sign-and-trade until July 9 - they do have expiring contracts and retired Cuttino Mobley's contract, which is 80percent paid by insurance. The latter could be extremely valuable to a cash-strapped franchise such as the Grizzlies.

The Knicks could simply stand pat and pick from several solid options - Jennings, Jrue Holiday, Tyreke Evans, Ty Lawson - when the dust settles after picks onethrough seven. There is also good reason to monitor the situation closely involving Spanish guard Ricky Rubio, whose troublesome buyout situation with hisEuropean team and unwillingness to work out for any NBA teams are causing his stock to plummet. But it is highly unlikely the dynamic 18-year-old would lasteight picks into the draft.

Knicks inquire about McGrady. A person with knowledge of the situation said the Houston Rockets are engaging in verypreliminary discussions involving offers for Tracy McGrady and, the source said, the Knicks have shown some interest. However, much like the inquiry aboutShaquille O'Neal, it is believed to be strictly due diligence at this point on the part of Walsh.

The oft-injured McGrady, a seven-time all-star who over the last year endured surgeries on his shoulder (arthroscopy) and knee (microfracture procedure),played just 35 games this past season. He has one year and $23 million left on his contract, which, for the Knicks, would make acquiring him a low risk,especially if it doesn't cost them more than an expiring contract.

Originally Posted by bangtcg

i would only like lebron on my team IF he stops playing like a cheater. i hate him driving to the hoop and relying on his stardom and size. i dont like his "whatever it takes to win" mentality.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i dont like his "whatever it takes to win" mentality.
?

I'd do that TMac trade in a second. obviously cause it's only an upgrade, even if he's an over the hill bum. he'd do ok

[table][tr][td]
on_line.gif
Al3xis[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]#536[/td] [td]http://[URL="http://"][/url][/td] [td][-][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[url=http://Al3xis.niketalk.yuku.com]

Registered Member

06/17/09 9:24 AM
[/td] [td]
would anyone have an extra ticket for me??/
nerd.gif

"We'll be OK. We'll figure it out...That's what we do."
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Interact
[/td] [td]
Reply Quote Report
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
off_line.gif
raw120[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]#537[/td] [td]http://[URL="http://"][/url][/td] [td][-][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[url=http://raw120.u.yuku.com]

Registered Member

06/17/09 9:26 AM
[/td] [td]
^me too?
[/td] [/tr][/url][/url][/table][url=http://niketalk.yuku.com/forum/getrefs/id/6027359/type/0]
tickets go on sale on the morning of the draft, whoever is willing to help these two out, let me/them know inthis post
[/url]

bangtcg wrote: i dont like his "whatever it takes to win" mentality.

eek.gif

I LOVE his "whatever it takes to win" mentality. I don't give a flying **** about the bs foul calls he gets. WHO CARES. this is the way the NBAis now. You can't change that by not wanting the best available player in the league on your team. (kobe is older and never coming to ny)

lebron doesn't have to shake anyones hands or ever talk to the media. I don't give a ****. Just win us the CHIP.

who in the hell doesn't want their superstar to win by any means? Boggles my mind. After the last decade I couldn't care less HOW we win. I just wannaWIN.

Originally Posted by DubA169

eek.gif

I LOVE his "whatever it takes to win" mentality. I don't give a flying **** about the bs foul calls he gets. WHO CARES. this is the way the NBA is now. You can't change that by not wanting the best available player in the league on your team. (kobe is older and never coming to ny)

lebron doesn't have to shake anyones hands or ever talk to the media. I don't give a ****. Just win us the CHIP.

who in the hell doesn't want their superstar to win by any means? Boggles my mind. After the last decade I couldn't care less HOW we win. I just wanna WIN.

Agreed, but i think that might of been sarcasm. Im not sure though.
grin.gif

Anyway found this...

Tim Kawakami of the San Jose Mercury News and Jonathan Givony of DraftExpress.com filed separate reports that suggest there are yet again growing problems in Golden State.

Sources indicate that Monta Ellis is unhappy with the direction of the franchise and is considering 'popping off' in order to force his way off the Warriors.

Ellis has met with Don Nelson and Larry Riley and expressed that he doesn't want the Warriors to draft a playmaking point guard.

One NBA executive tells Givony that the Warriors have made a promise not to select such a guard.

This will leave Golden State to likely select Jordan Hill or James Johnson.

this can be great news for us because if GS dont draft a PG that could leave Curry or Flynn on the board long enough to fall on our lap at 8. Imstarting to think that Flynn will definitley be there if we are down to take him.

eek.gif

I LOVE his "whatever it takes to win" mentality. I don't give a flying **** about the bs foul calls he gets. WHO CARES. this is the way the NBA is now. You can't change that by not wanting the best available player in the league on your team. (kobe is older and never coming to ny)

who in the hell doesn't want their superstar to win by any means? Boggles my mind. After the last decade I couldn't care less HOW we win. I just wanna WIN.

laugh.gif
I'm saying!!! this dude does not want Lebron becausehe's a "cheater"??!! we've been irrelevant for the last decade, have not won a championship since '73, haven't been to the finalssince '99. Screw that!..... I want to win NOW! I aint getting any younger as the years go by
laugh.gif
(i'm only 24 but still)

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

eek.gif

laugh.gif
I'm saying!!! this dude does not want Lebron because he's a "cheater"??!! we've been irrelevant for the last decade, have not won a championship since '73, haven't been to the finals since '99. Screw that!..... I want to win NOW! I aint getting any younger as the years go by
laugh.gif
(i'm only 24 but still)

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Btw, in teh latest mock draft we draft hill and flynn was still on teh baord
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
. If that happens on draft day
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

eek.gif

co-sign, we need to start being taken serious by the rest of the league and Lebron is our start
pimp.gif

^qft... right now dudes think the garden is the place where u go and try to drop 50 to get on espn's "top plays of the week"

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

^qft... right now dudes think the garden is the place where u go and try to drop 50 to get on espn's "top plays of the week"

and i assume you would rather have msg be the home of the slurpfest circus?

to hell with that. to hell with 50 million instant knick fans.
sick.gif

bring in a couple all stars. We already have a full team of role players. Cleveland can keep lebron.

Back
Top Bottom