GOAT APP legit?

So, I've sold over 30 shoes on GOAT. They have probably profited near $1,000 from me based on their commissions. Unfortunately, a buyer purchased their shoes on July 3, 2016 (1 day before Independence day). I asked a friend to ship them out today as I was out of town but he let me down unfortunately. The 72 hour shipping window (before automatic cancellation) expires tonight/this morning at 3:30 AM. I sent them an email saying the postal holiday on July 4 should not count as one of the days but we'll see if they help me out or not. I finally managed to get rid of my PK NMD Japan Grey's that were 1/2 size too large. Hoping I don't have to relist them. My seller rating is 158 at the moment so hoping they factor that into their decision. 

Last edited:

So, I've sold over 30 shoes on GOAT. They have probably profited near $1,000 from me based on their commissions. Unfortunately, a buyer purchased their shoes on July 3, 2016 (1 day before Independence day). I asked a friend to ship them out today as I was out of town but he let me down unfortunately. The 72 hour shipping window (before automatic cancellation) expires tonight/this morning at 3:30 AM. I sent them an email saying the postal holiday on July 4 should not count as one of the days but we'll see if they help me out or not. I finally managed to get rid of my PK NMD Japan Grey's that were 1/2 size too large. Hoping I don't have to relist them. My seller rating is 158 at the moment so hoping they factor that into their decision. 
thats all i picked up from that post, and its crazy that the business really just is authenticating the shoes. i know money goes in to the app development and maintenance, employees, and shipping costs but man

thats all i picked up from that post, and its crazy that the business really just is authenticating the shoes. i know money goes in to the app development and maintenance, employees, and shipping costs but man
Yeah, man but the business model works. They have to deal with issues of returns as well (3 day return window from when you receive item) and not having to deal with the hassle of buyers trying to scam you via eBay and PayPal is worth it. Shipping works out well for California sellers too since it takes 1-2 days to get an item from NorCal to their Culver City warehouse, which is super quick. You also get your money immediately after the shoe is authenticated instead of waiting until it is delivered to the seller. :smile:

Last edited:

But realistically they have the lowest rates(9.5%) eBay takes 10% plus 2.9% from PayPal

StockX is 10%

Plus on goat seller doesn't have to pay to ship. So all you're losing is that 9.5

But realistically they have the lowest rates(9.5%) eBay takes 10% plus 2.9% from PayPal

StockX is 10%

Plus on goat seller doesn't have to pay to ship. So all you're losing is that 9.5

$5 shipping

Well today is my 30th day of my request to sell shoes on GOAT. Still haven't heard a thing.

Well today is my 30th day of my request to sell shoes on GOAT. Still haven't heard a thing.
Contact them through the app saying this. You'll more than likely get approved by the end of the week.

Reactions: ARK
I'm a seller now! Repped!
good deal. IDK why they wait for people to email them, but a lot of my buddy's didn't get approved until they did. They must be so backed up with stuff that they just wait until people complain to go through the process

That's absurd. If "48 hours is enough to ship", then why in the world is the policy 72 hours. If USPS is closed then how in the world could it possibly be held against you. Hopefully they'll get enough complaints and review the policy 

That's a pretty terrible policy on their part. Considering they choose the carrier, a seller shouldn't be lose time because the carrier is closed due to holiday.

honestly if you didn't say anything and just marked them as dropped off a day early and dropped them off later, nothing would have happened.

honestly if you didn't say anything and just marked them as dropped off a day early and dropped them off later, nothing would have happened.

Yup

So how long does it typically take to sell a shoe on GOAT? On eBay you can set a time limit and it's guaranteed to sell you know.

So how long does it typically take to sell a shoe on GOAT? On eBay you can set a time limit and it's guaranteed to sell you know.
I think several characteristics factor into the duration (i.e.: condition, rarity, other's listed, etc). I'm not a seller yet so I could be wrong. However, I've been monitoring the app constantly. Some of the used items are still listed daily. Not sure about new items though.

Last edited:
I think several characteristics factor into the duration (i.e.: condition, rarity, other's listed, etc). I'm not a seller yet so I could be wrong. However, I've been monitoring the app constantly. Some of the used items are still listed daily. Not sure about new items though.

Oh so you can list used as well then? I got the impression it was dead stock new shoes.

Oh so you can list used as well then? I got the impression it was dead stock new shoes.
Click a specific shoe and you'll find the used section option on the lower right. As far as selling, I would figure it's somewhat the same process as a new listing.

Finally used StockX so I can compare it to Goat. The interface of StockX is way too complicated, they need to go back to the drawing board with their app. I prefer Goats lay out by a large margin. I like that StockX allows for slight box damage. I sold my GG750s, and the box came with a torn corner from ADC. Because of this I was precluded from being able to accept any offer on GOAT. Stock X just requires it to be the OG box to accept an offer, which is how it should be IMO.

So I took the "bid", which began the process. Label comes immediately just as it does with GOAT, you have two days to ship or they cancel your sale and charge your credit card on file 25.00. This is clearly good and bad, but in theory it should eliminate any flaking and honestly I ship the next day so it really doesn't affect me anyway. They use UPS ground, and they're facility is in Detroit. Not an issue for me, because I'm like 5 hours away so it still only took two days to get to them, but it sucks for West Coast people because it's going to take 3-5 days to get to them so payout will be delayed because of shipping. I prefer USPS that goat uses because it's 2-3 days max for everybody.  

So Shoes made it to them, I always include all my receipts so there is as much "legit check help" I can provide. Since this was an online order. They got a copy of the ADC confirm, the it's shipped email, and the fedex tracking emails. Not sure if it helps or sped up the process, but they received the shoes at 2:33 EST and they were "authenticated" and I had my payout by 4:10 EST. The turn around for their payouts seems much quicker than Goat now. With Goat, when I first started selling payouts were this quick. They clearly have grown, but I'm not sure if their staff has because payout have been coming the next day or if it goes longer than that I usually get the pay out after inquiring about if there was any issues with the shoe upon them receiving after 2 days have passed. So in this sense StockX seems to perform a little better. 

Fees - Shoes sold for $1210.00.

On Goat I would have cleared $1090.05 (9.5%+5 fee) or if you're not grandfathered into free money transfers $1058.44 (9.5%+5Fee+2.9% transfer)

StockX was $1079.00 ($10.00 shipping + 10%fee) and they only payout via paypal

So they're within a couple bucks of each other. 

Overall the experience wasn't bad at all. I get why people are getting on StockX for having the fake educator guy associated, and leery of their legit checks. Me personally I am leery of any "legit checker" with how good fakes are anymore. It's not like you can go to school for legit checking, so I don't put Goats/FCs or who ever over anyone else in that sense.

With all this said. I prefer Goat, but I will continue to use both. I've moved a lot more on goat while listing on both, so I think right now they have more traffic to their app. Prices seem to be better/cheaper on Goat if you're looking to buy. 

I prefer GOAT, shoes move faster there, on stockx basically only hype shoes move

Finally used StockX so I can compare it to Goat. The interface of StockX is way too complicated, they need to go back to the drawing board with their app. I prefer Goats lay out by a large margin. I like that StockX allows for slight box damage. I sold my GG750s, and the box came with a torn corner from ADC. Because of this I was precluded from being able to accept any offer on GOAT. Stock X just requires it to be the OG box to accept an offer, which is how it should be IMO.

So I took the "bid", which began the process. Label comes immediately just as it does with GOAT, you have two days to ship or they cancel your sale and charge your credit card on file 25.00. This is clearly good and bad, but in theory it should eliminate any flaking and honestly I ship the next day so it really doesn't affect me anyway. They use UPS ground, and they're facility is in Detroit. Not an issue for me, because I'm like 5 hours away so it still only took two days to get to them, but it sucks for West Coast people because it's going to take 3-5 days to get to them so payout will be delayed because of shipping. I prefer USPS that goat uses because it's 2-3 days max for everybody.  

So Shoes made it to them, I always include all my receipts so there is as much "legit check help" I can provide. Since this was an online order. They got a copy of the ADC confirm, the it's shipped email, and the fedex tracking emails. Not sure if it helps or sped up the process, but they received the shoes at 2:33 EST and they were "authenticated" and I had my payout by 4:10 EST. The turn around for their payouts seems much quicker than Goat now. With Goat, when I first started selling payouts were this quick. They clearly have grown, but I'm not sure if their staff has because payout have been coming the next day or if it goes longer than that I usually get the pay out after inquiring about if there was any issues with the shoe upon them receiving after 2 days have passed. So in this sense StockX seems to perform a little better. 

Fees - Shoes sold for $1210.00.
On Goat I would have cleared $1090.05 (9.5%+5 fee) or if you're not grandfathered into free money transfers $1058.44 (9.5%+5Fee+2.9% transfer)
StockX was $1079.00 ($10.00 shipping + 10%fee) and they only payout via paypal
So they're within a couple bucks of each other. 

Overall the experience wasn't bad at all. I get why people are getting on StockX for having the fake educator guy associated, and leery of their legit checks. Me personally I am leery of any "legit checker" with how good fakes are anymore. It's not like you can go to school for legit checking, so I don't put Goats/FCs or who ever over anyone else in that sense.

With all this said. I prefer Goat, but I will continue to use both. I've moved a lot more on goat while listing on both, so I think right now they have more traffic to their app. Prices seem to be better/cheaper on Goat if you're looking to buy. 

What was this about having a torn box - does Goat have a policy on that?

What was this about having a torn box - does Goat have a policy on that?
If the box is torn you have to disclose it, they can reject the sell if you do not. There's a section when your listing the shoe where you select the box condition (torn, missing lid, ect). Once you select that the box is damaged you can no longer accept the best offer. 

StockX does not have this. All they care about is the OG box + tags or whatever is included and that the shoes are DS with no flaws 

Last edited:
Not impressed with StockX interface I'll continue using GOAT and other outlets instead. Also that Fake Education guy was a part of a credit card stealing ring before I don't trust my info there.

Back
Top Bottom