GOAT APP legit?

id be willing to put money that majority of GOAT users are on iOS
laugh.gif

I'm sure goat can provide that
You'd almost certainly lose that bet.

https://9to5mac.com/2017/01/11/ios-market-share-kantar/

Samsung and iPhone are basically even in the US. Droid crushes iOS once you add in non-Samsung droid sales.

Im referring strictly for GOAT app though :lol:

You're making a terrible argument. I also think iOS is the dominant OS for GOAT users.

There's a reason why SNKRS also was first available for iOS and not droid.
How is it a terrible argument? 2/3 of devices sold in the US are Droid. Samsung by itself equals iOS. Sure there are some low end Droid devices that wouldn't be used by Goat's users but the data still shows that Samsung by itself equals iOS so it's safe to assume that Droid as a whole has more users than iOS. That's assuming you aren't going to argue that Goat's demographic is somehow different than the general US and Samsung users. Don't use age as a reason bc age distribution between the two is the same. There's no legit reason to argue that iOS would have more users on Goat.

As for why apps release on one before the other, well that's easy. They are paid to do so.

just a gut feeling, market share doesn't mean most users for every single app would be on android just because they have the most phones out

just a gut feeling, market share doesn't mean most users for every single app would be on android just because they have the most phones out
Pretty much every app is on both unless they are being paid not to. Apps don't choose to be exclusive and cost themselves tons of money for no reason.

As for your gut feeling, I'm going to assume you're an iPhone user?

You're making a terrible argument. I also think iOS is the dominant OS for GOAT users.

There's a reason why SNKRS also was first available for iOS and not droid.
How is it a terrible argument? 2/3 of devices sold in the US are Droid. Samsung by itself equals iOS. Sure there are some low end Droid devices that wouldn't be used by Goat's users but the data still shows that Samsung by itself equals iOS so it's safe to assume that Droid as a whole has more users than iOS. That's assuming you aren't going to argue that Goat's demographic is somehow different than the general US and Samsung users. Don't use age as a reason bc age distribution between the two is the same. There's no legit reason to argue that iOS would have more users on Goat.

As for why apps release on one before the other, well that's easy. They are paid to do so.
Your logic is beyond flawed, macro trends don't necessarily translate directly to micro situations.

No point in arguing, ultimately GOAT didn't make the droid app as a priority... as have many other developers including Nike.

Your logic is beyond flawed, macro trends don't necessarily translate directly to micro situations.

No point in arguing, ultimately GOAT didn't make the droid app as a priority... as have many other developers including Nike.
You have absolutely nothing to base this on. You're literally making things up here while calling my numbers based logic flawed. That's hilarious.

As for it not being a "priority", you realize iOS and Droid pay apps to be exclusive to them or update their stuff first right? It has nothing to do with priorities. It has to do with being paid.

You have absolutely nothing to base this on. You're literally making things up here while calling my numbers based logic flawed. That's hilarious.

As for it not being a "priority", you realize iOS and Droid pay apps to be exclusive to them or update their stuff first right? It has nothing to do with priorities. It has to do with being paid.
Yes, I'm the on making things up. :D Numbers based logic works when it's comparable and applicable. None of the data that you spewed is that for the specific example we are discussing -GOAT.

With your logic we can take any data at a national level and it should translate exactly to micro levels. That's not how things work, but keep thinking that.

Yes, I'm the on making things up.
happy.gif
Numbers based logic works when it's comparable and applicable. None of the data that you spewed is that for the specific example we are discussing -GOAT.

With your logic we can take any data at a national level and it should translate exactly to micro levels. That's not how things work, but keep thinking that.
Do you have any reason to think the Apple and Samsung split would be any different on Goat than it is for the general population in the US? Keep in mind that usage rates are the same between different ages so age isn't a reason. Are people that like shoes somehow more likely to use Apple? No? What is it then? There's no reason to think the Apple/Samsung split would be different than the usages rates in the US, which is even. Knowing that, it's safe to assume that after adding in a couple % using not Samsung Droid devices, Adroid is used as much more more than iOS on Goat.

Their decision to update iOS before Droid most likely has very little to do with usage rates. It's much more likely that it's something as simple as Goat was paid, Goat's owner or IT guy uses iOS, or something like that.

not a apple fanboy at all. all phones are overpriced AF and doesn't help apple is always late with technology and features to purposely make customers buy outdated products :lol:

Last edited:
My wife has iPhone 7 plus. I own s8 plus. Both are nice phones and neither is really better then other. I can say it seems that iPhone always gets the perks. Everything comes to it first but yeah thats just my 2 cents.

Quick question. Do prices tend to drop over time on kicks, or will they increase? On this app and maybe stockx. Especially for sought after kicks like the AJ 1 royal?

I will never not laugh at people receiving pairs from Stockx/Goat that have been lc'd by a professional and then going to the internet to get confirmation from random people off pictures.

people make up fake stories of getting fakes and get paranoid

GOAT dun did it again...

View media item 2490075View media item 2490076View media item 2490078View media item 2490079View media item 2490081View media item 2490083
These are screenshots of an email I received from GOAT today. The contents of this email were the source of some much needed comic relief for me today.

(For some slight context, it is useful to know that I currently possess a 454 Seller Rating on the GOAT app platform).

I am typically perturbed when I receive one of these blatant attempts at sticking their hand into my pocket, but I honestly could not help but chuckle at this one...

[emoji]128518[/emoji][emoji]128518[/emoji][emoji]128518[/emoji][emoji]128518[/emoji][emoji]128518[/emoji][emoji]128518[/emoji][emoji]128518[/emoji][emoji]128518[/emoji] [emoji]128580[/emoji][emoji]128580[/emoji]

people make up fake stories of getting fakes and get paranoid
Im sure a fake here and there get through. Ots bound to happen. Idk about Goat but a buddy was at stockx a few months back and they got 4,000 pairs of shoes in that day. Yes, 4k. Crazy! 1 a month or so is going to slide through. I just laugh at people paying for a professional to lc a pair in hand but then asking random people with no qualifications to lc them via pics. Seems silly to me.

Back
Top Bottom