GOAT APP legit?

I've always wanted to just drop off my kicks to GOAT. I live like 15 minutes away.

So GOAT has a verification center in NJ now? Normally all shoes I have bought from them came from Los Angeles and my lastest purchase from them is coming from NJ. Has anyone received a pair from NJ instead of Cali?

yes i just purchased a pair and DHL tracking says it came out of NJ

Does GOAT ever sell their own shoes?

I sold some vapormax and before I shipped it out to goat, i met my buyer on this forum. So i cancelled the order and the buyer and I did a transaction though paypal. But now GOAT emailed the buyer saying his shoes came into the facility for authentication which should be impossible because I never sent my shoes to GOAT. Buyer and I both confirmed we have the same order #.

I sold some vapormax and before I shipped it out to goat, i met my buyer on this forum. So i cancelled the order and the buyer and I did a transaction though paypal. But now GOAT emailed the buyer saying his shoes came into the facility for authentication which should be impossible because I never sent my shoes to GOAT. Buyer and I both confirmed we have the same order #.

Yes they do

They have sold that buyers have rejected or returned and on consignment waiting to be sold.

So if you canceled the order and they had a pair to sell they could offer it to the buyer instead of losing a sale

If he bought a size 11, you weren't the only person sending GOAT a size 11. When he bought a size 11, he didn't buy YOUR pair, he just bought A pair.

If he bought a size 11, you weren't the only person sending GOAT a size 11. When he bought a size 11, he didn't buy YOUR pair, he just bought A pair.

That still wouldnt make sense. GOAT still made me confirm the offer he made. Not only that, when he originally tried to purchase it, he got a payment error. GOAT then emailed me saying the buyer had a payment error. So that shows that the buyer was specifically buying my pair. I think @bert. answer is correct though. Most likely GOAT is selling their own pair.

That still wouldnt make sense. GOAT still made me confirm the offer he made. Not only that, when he originally tried to purchase it, he got a payment error. GOAT then emailed me saying the buyer had a payment error. So that shows that the buyer was specifically buying my pair. I think @bert. answer is correct though. Most likely GOAT is selling their own pair.
He and I were basically saying the same thing. Bottom line, he was buying a pair from GOAT at X price. That's all that matters. Think of it his way, your purchase/sell isn't tied to a specific buyer/seller. When the shoes come in, they toss the seller's paperwork after they are authenticated. They go into a pile with hundreds of pairs of the same shoe. As a buyer, I'll get one of those pairs. Doesn't mean I'll get the exact one that I clicked buy on.

He and I were basically saying the same thing. Bottom line, he was buying a pair from GOAT at X price. That's all that matters. Think of it his way, your purchase/sell isn't tied to a specific buyer/seller. When the shoes come in, they toss the seller's paperwork after they are authenticated. They go into a pile with hundreds of pairs of the same shoe. As a buyer, I'll get one of those pairs. Doesn't mean I'll get the exact one that I clicked buy on.
Then why does GOAT negotiate discounts when a shoe has an issue if not tied to a particular sale? Also if GOAT is selling the shoe it indicates at the sale when no seller has to ship to GOAT.

Last edited:
Then why does GOAT negotiate discounts when a shoe has an issue if not tied to a particular sale?

What he’s saying is incorrect. I’m sure they have shoes from canceled/fraudulent orders and waiting to get a sale instead of eating all of th shipping fees and sending back to the buyer on their dime since it would be quite idiotic to force a seller to pay for their shoes back because of some crap

What he’s saying is incorrect. I’m sure they have shoes from canceled/fraudulent orders and waiting to get a sale instead of eating all of th shipping fees and sending back to the buyer on their dime since it would be quite idiotic to force a seller to pay for their shoes back because of some crap
It doesn't make sense for a middleman service to not have a buyer and sellers order connected. You should absolutely be getting the particular pair of shoes you bid on whether they are the buyers shoes or GOATs shoes.

Then why does GOAT negotiate discounts when a shoe has an issue if not tied to a particular sale? Also if GOAT is selling the shoe it indicates at the sale when no seller has to ship to GOAT.
Bc that pair didn't pass inspection so it's still tied to the original transaction and the buyer/seller have to make an agreement. If a shoe comes in with no flaws, it just goes into the pile.

Think of it this way:

Person A lists shoe for $100
Person B lists shoe for $150
Person C buys shoe for $100
Person D buys shoe for $150
Person A ships their shoe. It gets stuck in a snowstorm.
Person B ships their shoe and it gets their prior to Person A's shoe. It passes inspection.
Person B's pair will be shipped to person C bc they bought first.
When Person A's pair makes it there, it'll be shipped to person D if it passes inspection. If it doesn't pass inspection, person A is offered the chance to offer a discount. Person D can walk away if they want and the shoes would be sent back to Person A. StockX is getting $250 for the two pairs so they don't care if the $150 and $100 are tied to the right people. It doesn't matter to them. It's $250 total.

You don't have to take pics for a reason. It's much easier for them to receive in a pile and ship from a pile rather than trying to keep track of thousands and thousands of shoes every single day. Keep in mind they get 4k+ shoes A DAY.

It doesn't make sense for a middleman service to not have a buyer and sellers order connected. You should absolutely be getting the particular pair of shoes you bid on whether they are the buyers shoes or GOATs shoes.
You don't know what shoes you bid on. You realize that right? You have nothing connecting you to the buyer. You have no pics at all. No handles. No email. No phone number. You're buying a pair of shoes for a certain amount. This isn't ebay.

Hell we can try this out. I'll list a Beluga 2.0 right now. Someone bid on it and I'll accept it. I'll tape something very small into the toebox of the shoe. When you get your pair, if there's nothing in the toebox, you owe me $100. If you get my exact pair, I'll give you $100.

That’s the thing, the buyer doesn’t know what they are buying other than being authentic and usually issue/blemish free

The buyer sees no pictures of a brand new deadstock shoe

I know nothing for sure but like I said they likely have perfect pairs that either got canceled or returned and or consigned

Goat would be the best people to ask either way

You don't know what shoes you bid on. You realize that right? You have nothing connecting you to the buyer. You have no pics at all. No handles. No email. No phone number. You're buying a pair of shoes for a certain amount. This isn't ebay.
You don't but goat does. Its bad business practices if the orders aren't connected. I guess we just see it differently. You sound like you describing FC as in consignment versus being a middleman..

You don't but goat does. Its bad business practices if the orders aren't connected. I guess we just see it differently. You sound like you describing FC as in consignment versus being a middleman..

I don’t get it, how is it bad business? The orders are connected but what if something happens and the shoes are fake and goat finds you another pair that’s deadstock and perfect? You’re gonna say no because it was the original pair you ordered which you never actually saw and or had an issue or ended up being fake?

Why is it bad business? You're selling to StockX. You're buying from StockX. They don't give you any info about the buyer/seller for that very reason. StockX is no different than FC. Well the only difference is one has a store and one only has a website. In both cases, a person lists a shoe for sale for a price. A buyer can buy that shoe. The buyer never knows the seller and the seller never knows the buyer. It's the exact same setup. The middleman makes sure the buyer gets a legit pair and that the seller gets paid. Nothing more.

So with GOAT you can place an order and receive your shoes before the seller ships because they will fulfill your order with the first pair they get in? Never realized you were selling to goat, I always thought they were holding funds until your shoes are authenticated and then just release the funds.

I don’t get it, how is it bad business? The orders are connected but what if something happens and the shoes are fake and goat finds you another pair that’s deadstock and perfect? You’re gonna say no because it was the original pair you ordered which you never actually saw and or had an issue or ended up being fake?
Exactly. You bought a pair of ds shoes for $100 from StockX. How they make that happens is none of your business. They don't list the seller for a reason.

So with GOAT you can place an order and receive your shoes before the seller ships because they will fulfill your order with the first pair they get in? Never realized you were selling to goat, I always thought they were holding funds until your shoes are authenticated and then just release the funds.
The seller has 48 hours to ship, so no. Can you receive your pair before his have been inspected? Yea, sometimes. For instance I sold a pair of Beluga 2.0 11/28. They were shipped the next day, a week ago today. UPS is taking forever. Something about a late trailer delayed shipping or something. They finally made it to Detroit today but still haven't made it to StockX. At best they'll get there tomorrow and be inspected Friday, meaning it'd be 11/11 before they could ship them to the buyer. Do you really think they're going to make that poor soul that bought an 11 wait 2 weeks before they even ship him his pair when they have hundreds of size 11 coming in every day? Of course not. Odds are his pair is already on the way to him.

The seller has 48 hours to ship, so no. Can you receive your pair before his have been inspected? Yea, sometimes. For instance I sold a pair of Beluga 2.0 11/28. They were shipped the next day, a week ago today. UPS is taking forever. Something about a late trailer delayed shipping or something. They finally made it to Detroit today but still haven't made it to StockX. At best they'll get there tomorrow and be inspected Friday, meaning it'd be 11/11 before they could ship them to the buyer. Do you really think they're going to make that poor soul that bought an 11 wait 2 weeks before they even ship him his pair when they have hundreds of size 11 coming in every day? Of course not. Odds are his pair is already on the way to him.
The bad business is penalizing lower priced buyers and sellers. Seller A sells for 500 and seller B sells for 400. Seller A's box comes in crushed and fulfills the order with 400 seller B's uncrushed box leaving 400 seller and buyer haggling over a discount with GOAT. I'm pretty sure GOAT is making adjustments due to the UPS backlog and not normal business practices. What about the 100s of other buyers waiting on an 11? Only your buyer doesn't have to wait?

Last edited:
Why is it bad business? You're selling to StockX. You're buying from StockX. They don't give you any info about the buyer/seller for that very reason. StockX is no different than FC. Well the only difference is one has a store and one only has a website. In both cases, a person lists a shoe for sale for a price. A buyer can buy that shoe. The buyer never knows the seller and the seller never knows the buyer. It's the exact same setup. The middleman makes sure the buyer gets a legit pair and that the seller gets paid. Nothing more.
FC shoes are authenticated prior to the sale they wont list a shoe until its been inspected, GOAT doesn't.

Well that’s wrong, people do wait especially during this time for year.

I’ve ordered twice and taken about two weeks

Back
Top Bottom