GOAT APP legit?

Man I still remember how hard it was to find real Bred 11s 3 years ago on eBay. Can only imagine the hell you have to go through now :smh: Agree that the legit checks are a definite upside of GOAT.

What's makes this app better then selling on eBay? Just the fees?

Less fee

But mainly no chargebacks, return scams, *****y buyers.

List a shoe correctly, and it sells then you're set. All that matter is you list an authentic shoe and list all the issues, you do that then it's a very easy sale

Took over 30 days for my approval but that's ok since I was traveling.

As someone who is trying to downsize and haven't been on eBay in years, I'm excited to try this.

Yea I'm waiting on goat to accept. A pair of shoes sold over my reserve price and then the winner wanted a PayPal checkout and then he never replied (blocked) and I have the reserve at retail just got the wrong size

Anyone heard of fakes getting sold on goat? My boy wants to buy some Yeezy's (used) and he's just concerned that somehow GOAT misses them being fake

Finally posted a few pairs on the app.... Def looking to see how this goes.
Took me a week plus. Suddenly boom 3 went the next week. Loaded up more on Goat and I lower the price a little each day.

Its kinda like fishing. 
nerd.gif

Just made me first purchase on goat. Pair of nmds for the gf glad I waited because the price dropped dramatically.
Might buy a couple pairs for me if these eBay auctions don't go the way I want haha

Not gonna lie, thusfar i've bought and sold on both GOAT and Stockx, but my experiences with stockx have been a little better. On GOAT I feel like there is by for more transactions happening and I've sold more on GOAT, but every couple of transactions my sneakers will inexplicably take 2-3 days to be "verified" and have my money released. With Stockx, not only does it happen within 24 hours but my money gets sent to me usually within a couple hours of delivery. I anticipate that since eventually all sellers on GOAT will be subject to 9.5% + 2.9% paypal (most sellers who have bank deposit are still on a flat 9.5%), Stockx might start to look more attractive as a place to sell, unless GOAT changes their fees.

I guess my verdict is both are great but pretty soon, at least to me, saving a smidgen in fees on GOAT will not make up for the swiftness of stockx. And this is coming from someone who was hard core GOAT > stockx a few months ago.

For those that sell on GOAT, do you prefer PayPal cash out or bank deposit cash out? It says PayPal is instant processing, but then don't you still have to wait a couple days anyway to transfer from PayPal to your bank?

For those that sell on GOAT, do you prefer PayPal cash out or bank deposit cash out? It says PayPal is instant processing, but then don't you still have to wait a couple days anyway to transfer from PayPal to your bank?
a bunch of people have bank deposit cash out because for a while they offered no cash out fees. With paypal they charge the 2.9%. And yes to your second question.

Unfortunately it already moved and was sent. To me they supposedly reviewed the listing, and approved it. There were clear pics of the sole being yellowed, and they approved it. 

Their FAQ says - Why are 7 photos required to list? For your benefit as well as the buyers, we require you to take 7 new photos of the sneakers in various poses through the app. This is to ensure the buyer can see exactly what they are purchasing. We do not allow previously taken photos.

But I have a funny feeling this is going to be an issue/fight with them. 

These were from my ebay listing, but they sole shot was the exact same GOAT got. 
What ever happened to this pair? Did anyone say anything?

ARK ARK theyve had them for 2 days. No word on a payout or denial for the yellowing. I emailed them today asking if I would be paid soon

Last edited:
Stock x is my go to out of the 2 as it is less work on my part. I love not having to photograph and upload pics of ds shoes. I have sold 3 pairs fully there and have one more on its way to detroit. No problems what so ever, and they pay quickly .

I don't have to take any more pics to sell on GOAT, but they are picky. Stock doesn't really care of damage box, but goat does, you have to list that, and you can't get offers on damage boxes.

I don't have to take any more pics to sell on GOAT, but they are picky. Stock doesn't really care of damage box, but goat does, you have to list that, and you can't get offers on damage boxes.

Are you sure you aren't confused?

You can sell damaged boxes and no boxes on goat.

StockX requires boxes and in DS condition

I love 40 min north of Detroit so stockX would be easier for me since items would get delivered in 1-2 days

Are you sure you aren't confused?

You can sell damaged boxes and no boxes on goat.

StockX requires boxes and in DS condition

I love 40 min north of Detroit so stockX would be easier for me since items would get delivered in 1-2 days

You didn't read, you could sell but you have to list that the box is damaged, with stockx you could send it with a damaged box

Well they must have changed it

Still sucks you can't sell used shoes and everything has to come with box etc

The box thing is why I ended up selling my 750 gum on StockX. The one side corner was split from how adc shipped it, but other than that everything was flawless. When I listed on Goat I had the lowest price, but it moved it into the Section on the lower right that you have to click on to see shoes with imperfections. Well I am assuming that not many click on that because even though I had the lowest price by 150-200 they sat. Went onto stock X and they moved immediately. 

I don't mind StockX, but it seems to me goat gets more traffic. 3 more pairs to hit the magical 150 and no more pics. 

I will say this, I hope that they contacted the buyer on my FR Vs, because if I got a pair like that I'd probably be pissed. They paid out almost 30 minutes after emailing so IDK if that was a coincidence or if they just looked at my feedback and paid it out. Seemed odd that after 2 days they paid out that quickly after emailing. 

GOAT and Stockx needs to start accepting items from sellers in Canada. I have some higher priced stuff I wanna sell but I don't really want to go through ebay.

Not having to take pics will be so clutch and make selling easier.. still need like 5 transactions

I don't get it, what's wrong with the fire red Vs?
They were DS but were yellowed bad and the right shoe had some whitening on the the black portion of the sole. It's def why they should allow you to see the posted pictures when buying. 

Back
Top Bottom