GOAT APP legit?

Anybody have any advice on this?

I ordered a pair of 2013 flyknit racers that have a black tongue. GOAT “legit checked” the pair I ordered, and sent me the wrong pair. The shoes have a grey tongue, and were manf in 2016. There are large price differences between the two versions. I emailed goat, they said they would respond it 48 hours... it’s been 10 days and they aren’t responding to any emails I send them. I’ve basically got a pair of $175 shoes sitting in a box that were the wrong version, and they aren’t even in communication....

Anybody have any advice on this?

I ordered a pair of 2013 flyknit racers that have a black tongue. GOAT “legit checked” the pair I ordered, and sent me the wrong pair. The shoes have a grey tongue, and were manf in 2016. There are large price differences between the two versions. I emailed goat, they said they would respond it 48 hours... it’s been 10 days and they aren’t responding to any emails I send them. I’ve basically got a pair of $175 shoes sitting in a box that were the wrong version, and they aren’t even in communication....
Damn that's tough. Can you try to use the chat feature? I had the same concern last week when I ordered the March 2017 release of AM1 og reds. I was worried someone would send a restock pair in. It was my 3rd or 4th time ordering them on StockX but the seller finally sent the right pair this time.

^ where is the chat feature? I always struggle navigating their ****ty app.

Yeah, what made it even worse is that there is a ****ing sticker on it that even says 2016 grey tongue version

EDIT: I found the chat section... it’s basically just their one response of sit tight, and a collection of all my emails :lol: :smh: :smh:

Last edited:
Ordered these gold toes off of goat from the defective section size 9 for 220 and they said it was cause they were missing the gold laces but I didn't care.. today I get the shoes it has ALL 3 sets of laces black GOLD and white haha.. only reason I say anything is cause I've had hella problems with goat lately on sales with them saying my shoes aren't as descrided and can only imagine that some poor guy sent these too goat for full price goat didn't see the laces and asked the buyer to take a discount buyer didn't accept so goat made the seller either consign them for less then normal or pay the crazy fees to get em back and I think this because they were already at goat only took 2 days to get to me.. and considering the top price for a size 9 in these right now on goat is 305 and top offer 295 I'd be pissed if I was the guy who got screwed outta almost 80 bucks because of goats pettiness and lack of being able to see what is and isn't there.. rant over haha

Ordered these gold toes off of goat from the defective section size 9 for 220 and they said it was cause they were missing the gold laces but I didn't care.. today I get the shoes it has ALL 3 sets of laces black GOLD and white haha.. only reason I say anything is cause I've had hella problems with goat lately on sales with them saying my shoes aren't as descrided and can only imagine that some poor guy sent these too goat for full price goat didn't see the laces and asked the buyer to take a discount buyer didn't accept so goat made the seller either consign them for less then normal or pay the crazy fees to get em back and I think this because they were already at goat only took 2 days to get to me.. and considering the top price for a size 9 in these right now on goat is 305 and top offer 295 I'd be pissed if I was the guy who got screwed outta almost 80 bucks because of goats pettiness and lack of being able to see what is and isn't there.. rant over haha
Come up.

Goat really should fix the 'order pending' issue....as a seller its super annoying....like why does it take 48+ hours (in my experience) to verify certain 'buyers' payment...

Goat really should fix the 'order pending' issue....as a seller its super annoying....like why does it take 48+ hours (in my experience) to verify certain 'buyers' payment...
I don't see any issue, its a way so they don't get screwed by sending someone shoes for free basically

other retailers do it all the time

They should leave the 'sold' shoe for sale while the sale is pending and if the shoe sells to another buyer with verified payment then refund the original 'buyer'...

The problem I see is the pending order says it can take up to 24 hours. Yet the last pending order I had went for 3 days. Thats ridiculous.

The problem I see is the pending order says it can take up to 24 hours. Yet the last pending order I had went for 3 days. Thats ridiculous.
Same, its kinda crazy....like i just want to know what takes so long...most ecommerce sites verify payment instantly....maybe the long wait is for buyers paying using the financing option...

ivy had that multiple times and every time it was when I sold yeezys.

had one take 3 days as well, think it was 4 but this was way over a year ago

Seriously this is out of hand...have a pair of 500s on pending since last weekend....

Still prefer selling on goat tho. But they need to fix this

Edit:
They finally went from pending to sold today, a full 6 or 7 days later...i thought for sure they'd get the 'fraud prevented' and get auto relisted

Last edited:
Who’s better to buy from, Goat or StockX? I’ve found a great deal on Goat but have multiple buys on StockX (and stockx customer service has been great to me). Im just worried about the authenticity process, really.

Who’s better to buy from, Goat or StockX? I’ve found a great deal on Goat but have multiple buys on StockX (and stockx customer service has been great to me). Im just worried about the authenticity process, really.
They are the same thing.

They are the same thing.

My question honestly lies in this: If I receive a fake pair, will I get a cash refund from Goat? Or just 'goat credit'. That's my main concern, on top of, what the process is like when getting a refund. I'm looking to buy the OG Vapormax's and the market is rampant with fakes.

My question honestly lies in this: If I receive a fake pair, will I get a cash refund from Goat? Or just 'goat credit'. That's my main concern, on top of, what the process is like when getting a refund. I'm looking to buy the OG Vapormax's and the market is rampant with fakes.

Goat customer service blows on that front. It took them three weeks to even respond to my claim when they sent me the wrong shoes. Still waiting on that refund after I sent it in, and it’s been a month now.

Stockx responded and sent me a label right away when it’s happened with them.

The odds you get a fake are .0001%. Just buy what you want.

Guys, question here, just to see if someone has had this happen to you on GOAT. Long story short, Last Thursday I sold a pair of shoes by matching a "best offer" price. As you know, sometimes orders get reviewed and not accepted right away for a "secure" transaction. After 24 hours (which they say is the maximum time under review, in which the sale must be approved or denied) i emailed them 2 times stating the sale was still pending, got only 1 response that they will look into it. Today, 5 days later sale is confirmed! I already told them i cant ship because I'm out of town and that i shouldn't loose seller rating based on this! I really believe this is BS, do they expect for you to wait for almost a week without potentially selling elsewhere or something like this happening? I mean i do have the shoes but i just cant ship right now, (i actually enabled vacation mode on the app last sunday) Just want to hear your thoughts. Thanks!

Guys, question here, just to see if someone has had this happen to you on GOAT. Long story short, Last Thursday I sold a pair of shoes by matching a "best offer" price. As you know, sometimes orders get reviewed and not accepted right away for a "secure" transaction. After 24 hours (which they say is the maximum time under review, in which the sale must be approved or denied) i emailed them 2 times stating the sale was still pending, got only 1 response that they will look into it. Today, 5 days later sale is confirmed! I already told them i cant ship because I'm out of town and that i shouldn't loose seller rating based on this! I really believe this is BS, do they expect for you to wait for almost a week without potentially selling elsewhere or something like this happening? I mean i do have the shoes but i just cant ship right now, (i actually enabled vacation mode on the app last sunday) Just want to hear your thoughts. Thanks!

I've had it take 3 days just recently. I wasn't on vacation on the latter part of those 3 days but I can see your dilemma. Surely they will be ok with it.

Yea that's bs if they mess with your rating bc of that.

^just another reason goat should leave a listing active until the payment goes thru...if a more qualified buyer comes along or anything else happens (like seller going on vacation) then the 'underqualified' buyer is sol

^just another reason goat should leave a listing active until the payment goes thru...if a more qualified buyer comes along or anything else happens (like seller going on vacation) then the 'underqualified' buyer is sol

That's actually a good idea. That will be great both for sellers and buyers.

Mine took 2 business days to 'REVIEW", then finally confirmed today. They are just taking extra measures that the buyer has sufficient funding and extra security measures.

I get that they are trying to be secure or something, but they should either change their App description on time frames or at the very least get back to you via email stating its going to take X amount of days and if thats ok with you. Just poor CS/Management i suppose. :ohwell:

Back
Top Bottom