GOD... I HATE XBOX360!!!!!!!!

mail

[color= rgb(153, 0, 0)]##+@ just randomly shut off when I was kickin dudes %## in NCAA...[/color]

I heard that they made some new consoles with some new "Jasper" chip that is supposed to cut down on RROD significantly. They said the same about the"Falcon" chip, but RROD was still frequent. It doesn't seem to affect sales though, as I read that 360 outsold the PS3 3 to 1 on black friday.
pimp.gif

I popped my RROD cherry myself a couple of months ago and got my first RROD, sent it for repair and got a new console 8 days after the day I sent it, with a1-month card for Xbox Live, so I lost 8 days of gaming, but got 3 free weeks of xbox live. Not a horrible deal, exactly. Now I installed all my games on a 120gb harddrive I bought recently and hope that reduces the odds of the RROD since it keeps the console slightly cooler. Wish you the best service - hope youreceive this "Jasper" console.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

I heard that they made some new consoles with some new "Jasper" chip that is supposed to cut down on RROD significantly. They said the same about the "Falcon" chip, but RROD was still frequent. It doesn't seem to affect sales though, as I read that 360 outsold the PS3 3 to 1 on black friday.
pimp.gif

I popped my RROD cherry myself a couple of months ago and got my first RROD, sent it for repair and got a new console 8 days after the day I sent it, with a 1-month card for Xbox Live, so I lost 8 days of gaming, but got 3 free weeks of xbox live. Not a horrible deal, exactly. Now I installed all my games on a 120 gb harddrive I bought recently and hope that reduces the odds of the RROD since it keeps the console slightly cooler. Wish you the best service - hope you receive this "Jasper" console.

Yup it did outsell, because all the people who's xbox is off warranty had to buy a new one. Now granting a 30% failure rate, thats not hard to conceive.LOL

yeah mines been trippin lately...everytime I cut it on it has the 2 flashing red dots...anyone know whats up???
nerd.gif

I actually read that the RROD is caused by a design flaw in the X clamps that holds the heat sinks to the processorchips (GPU and CPU). When I got my RROD, I opened up my box myself, removed the X clamps and replaced them with screws, nylon and metal washers, and put articsilver over the chips. It's been working fine ever since. I only did this because my warranty was up and they wanted to charge me $100 to repair it. I onlypaid $21 for all my supplies to fix it...
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by jordanpheen

yeah mines been trippin lately...everytime I cut it on it has the 2 flashing red dots...anyone know whats up???
nerd.gif

This problem may occur when the Xbox console is too hot or is overheating. The flashing lights mean that the internal temperature of your Xbox 360 console has exceeded acceptable temperature limits.

1. Let your Xbox 360 console cool. You may have to wait several hours for your Xbox 360 console to cool enough. Don't turn on your Xbox 360 console when the console is hot.
  2. Verify that your Xbox 360 console has enough ventilation and that the fans are operating. For more information about ventilation, see the "More Information" section.
  3. If the two lights continue to flash red after you try steps 1 and 2, contact Xbox Customer Support. For more information about how to contact Xbox Customer Support, please visit the Xbox Support (http://www.xbox.com/support/) Web site.

Originally Posted by Chico Cummings

I actually read that the RROD is caused by a design flaw in the X clamps that holds the heat sinks to the processor chips (GPU and CPU). When I got my RROD, I opened up my box myself, removed the X clamps and replaced them with screws, nylon and metal washers, and put artic silver over the chips. It's been working fine ever since. I only did this because my warranty was up and they wanted to charge me $100 to repair it. I only paid $21 for all my supplies to fix it...
ohwell.gif
Now that's some nice Macgyver work
pimp.gif

Man i hope MS solves this problem for yall, and i hope it doesnt happen to my ps3. Gamin is pretty fun.

Originally Posted by Biggie62

I heard that they made some new consoles with some new "Jasper" chip that is supposed to cut down on RROD significantly. They said the same about the "Falcon" chip, but RROD was still frequent. It doesn't seem to affect sales though, as I read that 360 outsold the PS3 3 to 1 on black friday.
pimp.gif

I popped my RROD cherry myself a couple of months ago and got my first RROD, sent it for repair and got a new console 8 days after the day I sent it, with a 1-month card for Xbox Live, so I lost 8 days of gaming, but got 3 free weeks of xbox live. Not a horrible deal, exactly. Now I installed all my games on a 120 gb harddrive I bought recently and hope that reduces the odds of the RROD since it keeps the console slightly cooler. Wish you the best service - hope you receive this "Jasper" console.

Yup it did outsell, because all the people who's xbox is off warranty had to buy a new one. Now granting a 30% failure rate, thats not hard to conceive. LOL

That's odd, I've had mine since release and they said they would repair it free even though my warranty had expired since is was a defect. This isgonna be my 3rd 360 and I'm still impressed with it. Only reason I'd ever get a ps3 is for blu-ray. 360 library > ps3 library

Originally Posted by eLNiNo4530

Originally Posted by Biggie62

pimp.gif

Yup it did outsell, because all the people who's xbox is off warranty had to buy a new one. Now granting a 30% failure rate, thats not hard to conceive. LOL

That's odd, I've had mine since release and they said they would repair it free even though my warranty had expired since is was a defect. This is gonna be my 3rd 360 and I'm still impressed with it. Only reason I'd ever get a ps3 is for blu-ray. 360 library > ps3 library

Depends on the person. It might be to you. But the only Xbox exlusives I'd want is Fable and Ace Combat. The rest you can keep. But I like my GranTurismo, Killzone, and a few others much more than those 2.

Originally Posted by Chico Cummings

Originally Posted by jordanpheen

nerd.gif

This problem may occur when the Xbox console is too hot or is overheating. The flashing lights mean that the internal temperature of your Xbox 360 console has exceeded acceptable temperature limits.

1. Let your Xbox 360 console cool. You may have to wait several hours for your Xbox 360 console to cool enough. Don't turn on your Xbox 360 console when the console is hot.
  2. Verify that your Xbox 360 console has enough ventilation and that the fans are operating. For more information about ventilation, see the "More Information" section.
  3. If the two lights continue to flash red after you try steps 1 and 2, contact Xbox Customer Support. For more information about how to contact Xbox Customer Support, please visit the Xbox Support (http://www.xbox.com/support/)http://www.xbox.com/support/) Web site.

thanks for info...I let it sit over night and now game doesn't even come on anymore it shows 2 flashing red lights as soon as I turn it on...and it makes aloud noise for a few seconds then stops and then im able to cut it off bt not until noise stops...any help their????
nerd.gif

Over the summer i got the RROD. I sent it in and got another 360 a couple of weeks later. But tell me why the 360 they sent me was defective too. I calledmicrosoft and they gave me free 2 day shipping and a free wireless controller. Best thing was the turn around was less than 10 days too.

pimp.gif

Xbox 360: $199.99

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out a $200 cheaper console would sell MORE,especially in a recession. To put into a different perspective, you act like the reason the Wii is outselling the Xbox360 and PlayStation 3 combine is becauseof a massive gaming library,
eyes.gif

... this guy,
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

pimp.gif

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out a $200 cheaper console would sell MORE, especially in a recession. To put into a different perspective, you act like the reason the Wii is outselling the Xbox360 and PlayStation 3 combine is because of a massive gaming library,
eyes.gif

... this guy,
indifferent.gif

This guy speaks truth

You'll go through 2-3 360s in the time you own 1 ps3.

You'll own 3 Impalas in the time you own 1 Maxima.

I see a trend............

Both my 360's died this past week and I can happily say that I will never own another Microsoft product ever again. Hopefully my PS3 will arrive tomorrowso I can fiend on MGS4.

Back
Top Bottom