God's Son >>>>>> It Was Written (Vol. The Hitchcock Of Hip Hop, Since BIG Pop Departed)

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

Is there any medium with IWW?

I feel like you either feel that is sucks or that its a classic.

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

Originally Posted by iLLscan

The "Don" aesthetic in hip hop is fake. I think we all know that. Individuals who really run things don't record, write down incidences & tell on themselves.
Yet, dudes co sign Ross (and the like) & I SH on IWW? I don't get it. You have this bizarre double standard Nay. Why is Nas the only emcee that is unable to lie? I mean, everyone knows it's a lie. The same as Big, Jay, Ross, ect, ect.
If I were Nas................................. I would take that double standard as a complement. People seem to want the truth from Nas & expect everyone else to lie as if it were a given. It's weird.
NaS is a prophet...

I could've lived without the Escobar phase... He had no reason to conform to what the industry was doin, he's always talked about priding himself on sometimes having to stand alone with his thoughts, but yet in that phase he compromised EVERYthing he stands for, for the sake of popularity... Not gonna excuse that, not from an artist of his calibur, he's one of the VERY few respected voices in this genre, that can speak on ANY subject, and change the way others view things...

It was coo when he was helping out his GARBAGE running mate AZ, but he never should've took on that persona to form an album around...

The BEST songs of his from that period are "If I Ruled The World" & "Street Dreams Remix" thats not by accident...

He's not talkin that knockoff mafioso rap, he's speakin the REAL...

The very FEW bright spots on that album don't even play into that corny persona...

& If that persona was a s good as YOU guys think, why did he put that corny +!+@ to bed??

He knew that +!+@ wasn't him, and it hindered his progress, threw fans for a loop...

He was also 22 years old when he made the album...Shows the pressure young artists face and how easy it is to succumb to the pressure.  And the fact that he did in a sense play to the mafioso drug rap which was the standard at the time but do it such a lyrically profound level, is what's truly real.

Originally Posted by iLLscan

The "Don" aesthetic in hip hop is fake. I think we all know that. Individuals who really run things don't record, write down incidences & tell on themselves.
Yet, dudes co sign Ross (and the like) & I SH on IWW? I don't get it. You have this bizarre double standard Nay. Why is Nas the only emcee that is unable to lie? I mean, everyone knows it's a lie. The same as Big, Jay, Ross, ect, ect.
If I were Nas................................. I would take that double standard as a complement. People seem to want the truth from Nas & expect everyone else to lie as if it were a given. It's weird.
NaS is a prophet...

I could've lived without the Escobar phase... He had no reason to conform to what the industry was doin, he's always talked about priding himself on sometimes having to stand alone with his thoughts, but yet in that phase he compromised EVERYthing he stands for, for the sake of popularity... Not gonna excuse that, not from an artist of his calibur, he's one of the VERY few respected voices in this genre, that can speak on ANY subject, and change the way others view things...

It was coo when he was helping out his GARBAGE running mate AZ, but he never should've took on that persona to form an album around...

The BEST songs of his from that period are "If I Ruled The World" & "Street Dreams Remix" thats not by accident...

He's not talkin that knockoff mafioso rap, he's speakin the REAL...

The very FEW bright spots on that album don't even play into that corny persona...

& If that persona was a s good as YOU guys think, why did he put that corny +!+@ to bed??

He knew that +!+@ wasn't him, and it hindered his progress, threw fans for a loop...

He was also 22 years old when he made the album...Shows the pressure young artists face and how easy it is to succumb to the pressure.  And the fact that he did in a sense play to the mafioso drug rap which was the standard at the time but do it such a lyrically profound level, is what's truly real.

Negative, God's Son was cool but I always thought it was his worst LP. I only play about half of it

Negative, God's Son was cool but I always thought it was his worst LP. I only play about half of it

Agreed with everything HARLEMONTHERISE said.

Nas doesn't have any below average albums.

ya'll remember this track from "Untitled"?

Agreed with everything HARLEMONTHERISE said.

Nas doesn't have any below average albums.

ya'll remember this track from "Untitled"?

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Yea... I think that was Dap
laugh.gif

Sidenote/Derailment of Thread... If you had to make a Nasir (key word) Tape consisting of 12-15 tracks what would that tape consist of? I pretty much have mine...

Spoiler [+]
If I Ruled The World
Memory Lane
The World Is Yours
Street Dreams Remix
Revolutionary Warfare
Reasons
Just A Moment
Let There Be Light
We're Not Alone
Still Dreamin
NY State of Mind Pt2
Project Window
Doo Rags
2nd Childhood
What Goes Around
"NaS Is Like" HAS to be on there...

I know you forgot and didn't purposley neglect that masterpiece...

Or did you??

Also:
"One Mic" - Just HAS to be...
"One Love"

Basically its impossible to limit it to 1 disc, he has WAAAAY too many joints that hold sentiminental value to us all...

Another reason he is DEF the GOAT...

N been TOO good for TOO long...

laugh.gif

Sidenote/Derailment of Thread... If you had to make a Nasir (key word) Tape consisting of 12-15 tracks what would that tape consist of? I pretty much have mine...

Spoiler [+]
If I Ruled The World
Memory Lane
The World Is Yours
Street Dreams Remix
Revolutionary Warfare
Reasons
Just A Moment
Let There Be Light
We're Not Alone
Still Dreamin
NY State of Mind Pt2
Project Window
Doo Rags
2nd Childhood
What Goes Around

Or did you??

Also:
"One Love"

Basically its impossible to limit it to 1 disc, he has WAAAAY too many joints that hold sentiminental value to us all...

Originally Posted by maddog345

It was coo when he was helping out his GARBAGE running mate AZ
C'mon dunny. You can't be serious about that statement.

AZ is a poormans NaS Escobar...

There's no real reason for both of them to exist...

But then again does AZ really exist?? He sells less records than Fat Joe... (not to mention makes AWFUL music)

AZ is the UNDERacheiver of UNDERacheivers... He makes Jadakiss career look successful...

Rides that SAME corny flow from like 95, and EVERY verse he spits sounds the EXACT same...  

But enuff bashing of rappers that don't matter...

IWW is OVERrated on NT... In real life its about where it should be, another album from the 90s that had some good songs on it...

God's Son is MUCH more thought provoking, the fire that was under NaS #++ when making Stillmatic & God's Son should've been the same intensity he used to record It Was Written with, but it wasn't... And what alot of you dweebs don't understand is how much hip hop changed between Illmatic & IWW...

Illmatic marks the end of of era of sorts, that started with Paid In Full in 87 ended with Illmatic in 94, that chapter was done... BIG/Ghost/Rae spearheaded a NEW sub genre of east coast hip hop that was short lived but produced some memorable albums from late 94 up until BIGs death in March of 97... NaS got stuck inbetween 2 different time periods, and that plays a lot into why IWW & Illmatic sound NOTHING alike from a music standpoint...

Its ill when MCs used to be on cruddy %@@#
Took home Ready To Die, listened studied %@@#
Now they on some money %@@#, successful out the blue

Originally Posted by maddog345

It was coo when he was helping out his GARBAGE running mate AZ
C'mon dunny. You can't be serious about that statement.

AZ is a poormans NaS Escobar...

There's no real reason for both of them to exist...

But then again does AZ really exist?? He sells less records than Fat Joe... (not to mention makes AWFUL music)

AZ is the UNDERacheiver of UNDERacheivers... He makes Jadakiss career look successful...

Rides that SAME corny flow from like 95, and EVERY verse he spits sounds the EXACT same...  

But enuff bashing of rappers that don't matter...

IWW is OVERrated on NT... In real life its about where it should be, another album from the 90s that had some good songs on it...

God's Son is MUCH more thought provoking, the fire that was under NaS #++ when making Stillmatic & God's Son should've been the same intensity he used to record It Was Written with, but it wasn't... And what alot of you dweebs don't understand is how much hip hop changed between Illmatic & IWW...

Illmatic marks the end of of era of sorts, that started with Paid In Full in 87 ended with Illmatic in 94, that chapter was done... BIG/Ghost/Rae spearheaded a NEW sub genre of east coast hip hop that was short lived but produced some memorable albums from late 94 up until BIGs death in March of 97... NaS got stuck inbetween 2 different time periods, and that plays a lot into why IWW & Illmatic sound NOTHING alike from a music standpoint...

Its ill when MCs used to be on cruddy %@@#
Took home Ready To Die, listened studied %@@#
Now they on some money %@@#, successful out the blue

laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
If I Ruled The World
Memory Lane
The World Is Yours
Street Dreams Remix
Revolutionary Warfare
Reasons
Just A Moment
Let There Be Light
We're Not Alone
Still Dreamin
NY State of Mind Pt2
Project Window
Doo Rags
2nd Childhood
What Goes Around

Or did you??

Also:
"One Love"

I definitely... overlooked Nas Is Like and One Mic... I passed over One Love for Memory and The World Is Yours... @%$@... *LOOKS BACK AT LIST AND SCRATCHES TEMPLE*  I can find a spot for Nas Is Like *SCRATCHS OFF STILL DREAMIN* ... EVERYTHING ELSE NEEDS TO STAY BUT I NEED ONE MIC... ARRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH... *STRESSED...*

laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
If I Ruled The World
Memory Lane
The World Is Yours
Street Dreams Remix
Revolutionary Warfare
Reasons
Just A Moment
Let There Be Light
We're Not Alone
Still Dreamin
NY State of Mind Pt2
Project Window
Doo Rags
2nd Childhood
What Goes Around

Or did you??

Also:
"One Love"

I definitely... overlooked Nas Is Like and One Mic... I passed over One Love for Memory and The World Is Yours... @%$@... *LOOKS BACK AT LIST AND SCRATCHES TEMPLE*  I can find a spot for Nas Is Like *SCRATCHS OFF STILL DREAMIN* ... EVERYTHING ELSE NEEDS TO STAY BUT I NEED ONE MIC... ARRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH... *STRESSED...*

Back
Top Bottom