God's Son >>>>>> It Was Written (Vol. The Hitchcock Of Hip Hop, Since BIG Pop Departed)

The man has TOO many joints...

I *** with "Still Dreaming"...

I *** with HHID pretty tuff now, I wasn't too crazy about it before...

"Hold Down The Block" is a joint that often gets OVERlooked...

Along with "Hope" (both the acapella & OG version)... 

The man has TOO many joints...

I *** with "Still Dreaming"...

I *** with HHID pretty tuff now, I wasn't too crazy about it before...

"Hold Down The Block" is a joint that often gets OVERlooked...

Along with "Hope" (both the acapella & OG version)... 

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

AZ is a poormans NaS Escobar...

There's no real reason for both of them to exist...

But then again does AZ really exist?? He sells less records than Fat Joe... (not to mention makes AWFUL music)

AZ is the UNDERacheiver of UNDERacheivers... He makes Jadakiss career look successful...

Rides that SAME corny flow from like 95, and EVERY verse he spits sounds the EXACT same...  

But enuff bashing of rappers that don't matter...

IWW is OVERrated on NT... In real life its about where it should be, another album from the 90s that had some good songs on it...

God's Son is MUCH more thought provoking, the fire that was under NaS #++ when making Stillmatic & God's Son should've been the same intensity he used to record It Was Written with, but it wasn't... And what alot of you dweebs don't understand is how much hip hop changed between Illmatic & IWW...

Illmatic marks the end of of era of sorts, that started with Paid In Full in 87 ended with Illmatic in 94, that chapter was done... BIG/Ghost/Rae spearheaded a NEW sub genre of east coast hip hop that was short lived but produced some memorable albums from late 94 up until BIGs death in March of 97... NaS got stuck inbetween 2 different time periods, and that plays a lot into why IWW & Illmatic sound NOTHING alike from a music standpoint...

Its ill when MCs used to be on cruddy %@@#
Took home Ready To Die, listened studied %@@#
Now they on some money %@@#, successful out the blue

No.

God's Son is Nas 2nd worst album.  Nastradamus is his worst.

I am > God's Son

The Message & Take it in Blood > God's Son

Go song for song and God's Son is not touching It Was Written. 

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

AZ is a poormans NaS Escobar...

There's no real reason for both of them to exist...

But then again does AZ really exist?? He sells less records than Fat Joe... (not to mention makes AWFUL music)

AZ is the UNDERacheiver of UNDERacheivers... He makes Jadakiss career look successful...

Rides that SAME corny flow from like 95, and EVERY verse he spits sounds the EXACT same...  

But enuff bashing of rappers that don't matter...

IWW is OVERrated on NT... In real life its about where it should be, another album from the 90s that had some good songs on it...

God's Son is MUCH more thought provoking, the fire that was under NaS #++ when making Stillmatic & God's Son should've been the same intensity he used to record It Was Written with, but it wasn't... And what alot of you dweebs don't understand is how much hip hop changed between Illmatic & IWW...

Illmatic marks the end of of era of sorts, that started with Paid In Full in 87 ended with Illmatic in 94, that chapter was done... BIG/Ghost/Rae spearheaded a NEW sub genre of east coast hip hop that was short lived but produced some memorable albums from late 94 up until BIGs death in March of 97... NaS got stuck inbetween 2 different time periods, and that plays a lot into why IWW & Illmatic sound NOTHING alike from a music standpoint...

Its ill when MCs used to be on cruddy %@@#
Took home Ready To Die, listened studied %@@#
Now they on some money %@@#, successful out the blue

No.

I am > God's Son

The Message & Take it in Blood > God's Son

Go song for song and God's Son is not touching It Was Written. 

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Agreed with everything HARLEMONTHERISE said.

Nas doesn't have any below average albums.

ya'll remember this track from "Untitled"?
I am a huge Nas fan but to say doesn't have any below average albums is incorrect.  Clearly you must not have listened to Nastradamus!

SMH @ some of the commentary in this thread. IWW is not a classic. Very good album 4/5 but not a classic.

I am a huge Nas fan but to say doesn't have any below average albums is incorrect.  Clearly you must not have listened to Nastradamus!

SMH @ some of the commentary in this thread. IWW is not a classic. Very good album 4/5 but not a classic.

indifferent.gif
@ God's Son being the 2nd worst NaS album...

Go song for song...

LETS...

God's Son is better... Its more personal, more thought provoking, a lot more interesting...

indifferent.gif
@ God's Son being the 2nd worst NaS album...

Go song for song...

LETS...

God's Son is better... Its more personal, more thought provoking, a lot more interesting...

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

Negative, God's Son was cool but I always thought it was his worst LP. I only play about half of it
Originally Posted by cguy610

I am > God's Son
smh.gif

I would have caught a ban back in the day for these statements...y'all _'s are wrong, I'll leave it at that.
Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

I am a huge Nas fan but to say doesn't have any below average albums is incorrect.� Clearly you must not have listened to Nastradamus!
I take it you don't see too much of this gump DipsetGeneral...his remedial $%+ in here co-signing just to co-sign, that ***$% ain't heard more than 10 Nas songs in his petty life.

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

Negative, God's Son was cool but I always thought it was his worst LP. I only play about half of it
Originally Posted by cguy610

I am > God's Son
smh.gif

I would have caught a ban back in the day for these statements...y'all _'s are wrong, I'll leave it at that.
Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

I am a huge Nas fan but to say doesn't have any below average albums is incorrect.� Clearly you must not have listened to Nastradamus!
I take it you don't see too much of this gump DipsetGeneral...his remedial $%+ in here co-signing just to co-sign, that ***$% ain't heard more than 10 Nas songs in his petty life.

I don't know, I feel like Stillmatic isoverrated...
I used to say that this album was classic...only cause I was/am a Nas Stan and Icouldn'tlook at +%%@objectively...

Now I can...#@!$# not a classic to me...

Got Ur Self a Gun is weak sauce, Smokin is just a bunch of nonsense, Braveheart Party is horrible (Idon'tcare that they took it off...I bought the album on the day it came out so that's the version thats on my iPod and that's the version I'm rolling with), and My Country is ruined by that horrible hook and that bum asssMillenniumThug N...

Plus...I just don't feel like the album has anoveralldefiningsound to it...

While God Son does...

The album isveryemotionaland sad...maybe that's why some N's don't +%%# with it...

Personally, my favorite type of rap music is thereflective, honest, personal, and somber type...and this album does this like no other Nas album...

I don't remember if it was here or someone told me this, but it really iscomparableto MeAgainstthe World just by the mood alone...

I canhonestlylisten to every song on the album (With that being said i know there's +%%@ N's don't like: like him doing a song with Pac, or the Braveheart's rapping, or Hey Nas...but I +%%# with those songs *shrugs*)

Still with all that said...

It Was Written >>> God Son >>> Stillmatic...

My N's spit was just too crazy in 96...

I don't know, I feel like Stillmatic isoverrated...
I used to say that this album was classic...only cause I was/am a Nas Stan and Icouldn'tlook at +%%@objectively...

Now I can...#@!$# not a classic to me...

Got Ur Self a Gun is weak sauce, Smokin is just a bunch of nonsense, Braveheart Party is horrible (Idon'tcare that they took it off...I bought the album on the day it came out so that's the version thats on my iPod and that's the version I'm rolling with), and My Country is ruined by that horrible hook and that bum asssMillenniumThug N...

Plus...I just don't feel like the album has anoveralldefiningsound to it...

While God Son does...

The album isveryemotionaland sad...maybe that's why some N's don't +%%# with it...

Personally, my favorite type of rap music is thereflective, honest, personal, and somber type...and this album does this like no other Nas album...

I don't remember if it was here or someone told me this, but it really iscomparableto MeAgainstthe World just by the mood alone...

I canhonestlylisten to every song on the album (With that being said i know there's +%%@ N's don't like: like him doing a song with Pac, or the Braveheart's rapping, or Hey Nas...but I +%%# with those songs *shrugs*)

Still with all that said...

It Was Written >>> God Son >>> Stillmatic...

My N's spit was just too crazy in 96...

iLLoQuent aka DSK wrote:

laugh.gif
 Yo why yall always going on that @@!%$ DipsetGeneral?

For me it goes...

Illmatic>Stillmatic>Gods Son>Lost Tapes> everything else.

iLLoQuent aka DSK wrote:

laugh.gif
 Yo why yall always going on that @@!%$ DipsetGeneral?

For me it goes...

Illmatic>Stillmatic>Gods Son>Lost Tapes> everything else.

laugh.gif
N called his life petty, though...
My Final 15

New York State of Mind 2

Life's a B...

The World is Yours

Memory Lane

My Way

Street Dreams remix

I Gave You Power

Take it in Blood

Live N Rap

Nas Is Like

Life We Chose (Unbelievablyunderrated)

Testify

ProjectWindows (The I Am beat...)

What Goes Around

Dance

laugh.gif
My Final 15

New York State of Mind 2

Life's a B...

The World is Yours

Memory Lane

My Way

Street Dreams remix

I Gave You Power

Take it in Blood

Live N Rap

Nas Is Like

Life We Chose (Unbelievablyunderrated)

Testify

ProjectWindows (The I Am beat...)

What Goes Around

Dance

lmaooo @ gods son being nas 2nd worse album

sometimes i wonder if dudes listen to albums or just say random stupid things

lmaooo @ gods son being nas 2nd worse album

sometimes i wonder if dudes listen to albums or just say random stupid things

Originally Posted by Dapper D

laugh.gif
My Final 15 

New York State of Mind 2

Life's a B...

The World is Yours

Memory Lane

My Way

Street Dreams remix

I Gave You Power

Take it in Blood

Live N Rap

Nas Is Like

Life We Chose (Unbelievably underrated)

Testify 

Project Windows (The I Am beat...)

What Goes Around

Dance

How Did You Leave Off "If I Ruled The World" Dap??!?!?!?!

HOW????

86a15f48748152a4f30fe455eadc9c6780384bf_r.gif

Back
Top Bottom