God's Son >>>>>> It Was Written (Vol. The Hitchcock Of Hip Hop, Since BIG Pop Departed)

How can you excuse coheesiveness as if its NOT a factor in an albums quality??... You guys are funny...

You guys have no clue what you're talkin about, its quite evident...

All you guys are sayin is the album is good, but no one is sayin WHY, if someone said Illmatic was bad I could write a book on why they're wrong (Michael Eric Dyson already did tho)... All yall keep sayin is, in 96 it was the ##@%...

Blah, blah, blah... Yall Ns aint sayin ANYthing of substance, the album has NO purpose... You Ns have NO clue what you're talkin about...

How can you excuse coheesiveness as if its NOT a factor in an albums quality??... You guys are funny...

You guys have no clue what you're talkin about, its quite evident...

All you guys are sayin is the album is good, but no one is sayin WHY, if someone said Illmatic was bad I could write a book on why they're wrong (Michael Eric Dyson already did tho)... All yall keep sayin is, in 96 it was the ##@%...

Blah, blah, blah... Yall Ns aint sayin ANYthing of substance, the album has NO purpose... You Ns have NO clue what you're talkin about...

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

"One Mic" is Nas' best song in all of his catalogue. That gives "God's Son" a BIG boost.

Huh?  Does Ether give God's Son a boost too?

"One Mic" is Nas' best song in all of his catalogue. That gives "God's Son" a BIG boost.

Huh?  Does Ether give God's Son a boost too?

Jesus Christ man, you gotta just leave this thread...

Jesus Christ man, you gotta just leave this thread...

Harlem I feel you, but you wrong. It is important, but the songs on that album were just to damn strong to the point it doesn't matter. I do see what your saying though, and to me that's kinda whats amazing about it. It seems like that album was effortless, like he just spit ###* to spit ###* and get it out. The outcome was 
smokin.gif

Harlem I feel you, but you wrong. It is important, but the songs on that album were just to damn strong to the point it doesn't matter. I do see what your saying though, and to me that's kinda whats amazing about it. It seems like that album was effortless, like he just spit ###* to spit ###* and get it out. The outcome was 
smokin.gif

laugh.gif

N said "One Mic" gave God's Son a boost...
smh.gif

Might wanna call it a night holmes...

I understand what you mean tho... If it wasn't for "Juicy" I don't know if I'd consider Life After Death a CLASSIC...

laugh.gif

smh.gif

I understand what you mean tho... If it wasn't for "Juicy" I don't know if I'd consider Life After Death a CLASSIC...

Originally Posted by HITMOLICKS

iLLoQuent aka DSK wrote:
I take it you don't see too much of this gump DipsetGeneral...his remedial $%+ in here co-signing just to co-sign, that ***$% ain't heard more than 10 Nas songs in his petty life.
laugh.gif
 Yo why yall always going on that @@!%$ DipsetGeneral?

THIS IS WHY:

smh.gif

Ol' "I wanna be down too" @$+ speakin' out his bunghole again...

You see now?

Originally Posted by HITMOLICKS

iLLoQuent aka DSK wrote:
I take it you don't see too much of this gump DipsetGeneral...his remedial $%+ in here co-signing just to co-sign, that ***$% ain't heard more than 10 Nas songs in his petty life.
laugh.gif
 Yo why yall always going on that @@!%$ DipsetGeneral?

THIS IS WHY:

smh.gif

Ol' "I wanna be down too" @$+ speakin' out his bunghole again...

You see now?

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

laugh.gif

smh.gif

SMH...I thought you knew better man {...
Everyone knows Juicy was on Born Again...

laugh.gif

smh.gif

SMH...I thought you knew better man {...
Everyone knows Juicy was on Born Again...

That gives "God's Son" a BIG boost.

LOL @ me going to my iTunes to check if Juicy was on LAD.

Got me feeling like the DipsetPrivate right about now.

Shame on me.

That gives "God's Son" a BIG boost.

LOL @ me going to my iTunes to check if Juicy was on LAD.

Got me feeling like the DipsetPrivate right about now.

Shame on me.

Oh! my fault, my fault! It was on "Stillmatic". For some reason, I thought "One Mic" was on "God's Son". Carry on...

But I am STILL behind the "One Mic" being Nas' best song...

Oh! my fault, my fault! It was on "Stillmatic". For some reason, I thought "One Mic" was on "God's Son". Carry on...

But I am STILL behind the "One Mic" being Nas' best song...

So what's so good about IWW again??

I must've missed it...

I could accept your opinion if you didn't suck off Life After Death like it was scripture. It's the same type of lie.
To be fair...................... I only really have a problem with LAD because it got a pass when IWW did not. It makes no sense to me. I don't believe either of them for a minute. Not one.
Again, tell me my disconnect? Same BS, diff emcee.

I must've missed it...

I could accept your opinion if you didn't suck off Life After Death like it was scripture. It's the same type of lie.
To be fair...................... I only really have a problem with LAD because it got a pass when IWW did not. It makes no sense to me. I don't believe either of them for a minute. Not one.

Harlem da same dude though that considered Drake's Thank Me Later a Classic....so what da story, you think Drake's album a classic

yet you think It Was Written trash...im just waiting for him say da drake's album is better
grin.gif
laugh.gif

Harlem da same dude though that considered Drake's Thank Me Later a Classic....so what da story, you think Drake's album a classic

yet you think It Was Written trash...im just waiting for him say da drake's album is better
grin.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by iLLscan

I must've missed it...

This goes out for those that choose to use
disrespectful views on the King of NY
%!+% that, why try, throw bleach in your eye
Now ya braille in it, stash that light @@%%, or scalin it
Conscience of ya nonsense in eighty-eight
Sold more powder than Johnson and Johnson
Tote steel like Bronson, "Vigilante"
You wanna get on son, you need to ask me
Ain't no other king in this rap thing
They siblings, nothing but my chil'ren
One shot, they disappearin
It's ill when, MC's used to be on cruddy @@%%
Took home, "Ready to Die," listened, studied @@%%
Now they on some money @@%%, successful out the blue

They light weight, fragilly, my nine milly
make the white shake, thats why my money never funny
And you still recoupin, stupid {*echoes*}
LAD %+!#* ALL over IWW, its not even funny (or comparable)...

& the difference is Ns copied off of BIGs @@%%... Both RTD & Illmatic dropped in 94, but BIG sound didn't get more like NaS, it was the other way around... That fact alone should speak for itself..

BIG had Junior Mafia... NaS then form's The Firm...

The mafioso rap was right up BIGs alley, where as NaS changed his WHOLE @@%% to become NaS Escobar, where as BIG was born to be Frank White...

You have a life long vendetta aginst BIG, when in fact you should be thankin the man, cause weather hip hop purists like it or not, NaS could'nt have came back with Illmatic 2, that era was OVER... & BIG helped end that for better or for worse, but there's REAL classic albums within the Mafioso Rap sub genre, IWW just isn't that... NaS isn't a gangster rapper, and he never should've tried his hand in it...  

grin.gif
laugh.gif
Provided they're from 2 TOTALLY different generations...

TML is a modern day CLASSIC, I'll stand by that statement until the sun burns out...

I don't think I'd let a group of guys that think IWW is a classic change my opinion on either albums...

I don't think you can really compare the 2... Lord Willin is an modern day CLASSIC, but I wouldn't pit it against OB4CL because it doesn't do either one of the albums justice...

Now if we wanna compare IWW to albums from that time period... I'm more than willing, we've done this several times before... IWW isn't even the BEST album of the summer of 96, let alone the year of 96... Its NOT even close to be honest...

Back
Top Bottom