God's Son >>>>>> It Was Written (Vol. The Hitchcock Of Hip Hop, Since BIG Pop Departed)

Originally Posted by iLLscan

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

So what's so good about IWW again??

I must've missed it...

I could accept your opinion if you didn't suck off Life After Death like it was scripture. It's the same type of lie.
To be fair...................... I only really have a problem with LAD because it got a pass when IWW did not. It makes no sense to me. I don't believe either of them for a minute. Not one.
Again, tell me my disconnect? Same BS, diff emcee.

This goes out for those that choose to use
disrespectful views on the King of NY
%!+% that, why try, throw bleach in your eye
Now ya braille in it, stash that light @@%%, or scalin it
Conscience of ya nonsense in eighty-eight
Sold more powder than Johnson and Johnson
Tote steel like Bronson, "Vigilante"
You wanna get on son, you need to ask me
Ain't no other king in this rap thing
They siblings, nothing but my chil'ren
One shot, they disappearin
It's ill when, MC's used to be on cruddy @@%%
Took home, "Ready to Die," listened, studied @@%%
Now they on some money @@%%, successful out the blue

They light weight, fragilly, my nine milly
make the white shake, thats why my money never funny
And you still recoupin, stupid {*echoes*}
LAD %+!#* ALL over IWW, its not even funny (or comparable)...

& the difference is Ns copied off of BIGs @@%%... Both RTD & Illmatic dropped in 94, but BIG sound didn't get more like NaS, it was the other way around... That fact alone should speak for itself..

BIG had Junior Mafia... NaS then form's The Firm...

The mafioso rap was right up BIGs alley, where as NaS changed his WHOLE @@%% to become NaS Escobar, where as BIG was born to be Frank White...

You have a life long vendetta aginst BIG, when in fact you should be thankin the man, cause weather hip hop purists like it or not, NaS could'nt have came back with Illmatic 2, that era was OVER... & BIG helped end that for better or for worse, but there's REAL classic albums within the Mafioso Rap sub genre, IWW just isn't that... NaS isn't a gangster rapper, and he never should've tried his hand in it...  

Harlem da same dude though that considered Drake's Thank Me Later a Classic....so what da story, you think Drake's album a classic

yet you think It Was Written trash...im just waiting for him say da drake's album is better
grin.gif
laugh.gif
Provided they're from 2 TOTALLY different generations...

TML is a modern day CLASSIC, I'll stand by that statement until the sun burns out...

I don't think I'd let a group of guys that think IWW is a classic change my opinion on either albums...

I don't think you can really compare the 2... Lord Willin is an modern day CLASSIC, but I wouldn't pit it against OB4CL because it doesn't do either one of the albums justice...

Now if we wanna compare IWW to albums from that time period... I'm more than willing, we've done this several times before... IWW isn't even the BEST album of the summer of 96, let alone the year of 96... Its NOT even close to be honest...

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Agreed with everything HARLEMONTHERISE said.

Nas doesn't have any below average albums.

ya'll remember this track from "Untitled"?

Goodnight.

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Agreed with everything HARLEMONTHERISE said.

Nas doesn't have any below average albums.

ya'll remember this track from "Untitled"?

Goodnight.

No it doesn't...

That album isn't ALL over the place??...

Its not even an "album" its 14 songs slapped on a CD, packaged and sold...

One track he's a slave... Then he's gettin shot in the projects... Then he's a crime boss... Then he's a gun... Then he's tryin save black women... Then he's in shootouts... Then he wants to rule the world...

The album has NO purpose what so ever, other than him having what he thought was a group of good songs, throw it on a CD copy the Illmatic cover and there you have it...

A half @ssed album..
I agree...all those songs are good but the album is all over the place. IWW has good songs but it also has some duds especially the god awful Nas is Coming.  Album is good but people don't appreciate themes and consistency in an album. However I accept that IWW is extremely overrated on NT.

No it doesn't...

That album isn't ALL over the place??...

Its not even an "album" its 14 songs slapped on a CD, packaged and sold...

One track he's a slave... Then he's gettin shot in the projects... Then he's a crime boss... Then he's a gun... Then he's tryin save black women... Then he's in shootouts... Then he wants to rule the world...

The album has NO purpose what so ever, other than him having what he thought was a group of good songs, throw it on a CD copy the Illmatic cover and there you have it...

A half @ssed album..
I agree...all those songs are good but the album is all over the place. IWW has good songs but it also has some duds especially the god awful Nas is Coming.  Album is good but people don't appreciate themes and consistency in an album. However I accept that IWW is extremely overrated on NT.

In everyday life IWW is rated about where it needs to be...

An album from the 90s that had some memeorable songs on it...

Thats about where it stops...

Cats just wanna run with this CLASSIC talk cause its NaS, had Royal Flush or OC made this album I don't think the CLASSIC bandwagon would be so jam packed...

In everyday life IWW is rated about where it needs to be...

An album from the 90s that had some memeorable songs on it...

Thats about where it stops...

Cats just wanna run with this CLASSIC talk cause its NaS, had Royal Flush or OC made this album I don't think the CLASSIC bandwagon would be so jam packed...

Only thing holding God's Son back from the "Classic" tag is Zone Out. That *+%+ is unlistenable.

Only thing holding God's Son back from the "Classic" tag is Zone Out. That *+%+ is unlistenable.

I must've missed Nay claiming TML was classic (since I listened to the album so late). That's just crazy but I'll save that for another thread.

roll.gif
@ DipsetGeneral

I must've missed Nay claiming TML was classic (since I listened to the album so late). That's just crazy but I'll save that for another thread.

roll.gif
@ DipsetGeneral

Damn near every song on IWW was heat. The beats were polished, the perspective was more mature, and the lyrics were still dope. It may not have been as good as Illmatic but it was more evolved. How was Nas going to keep rapping about being a grimey Philly blunt smoking Nikehead bagging chicks at John Jay? Basically he came out on some kingpin steez, which is a natural evolution when you consider he had acheived some fame and fortune. It's kind how like Rakim came out with "I Ain't No Joke" and then moved on to "Follow the Leader".

I'm not going to write an essay on why the album was a classic, but it's one of my favorites when it's all said and done. But if you don't like the songs, that's on you. I don't care for College Dropout, but I wouldn't try to argue on whether it's a classic or not, because I know I'm in the minority.

Damn near every song on IWW was heat. The beats were polished, the perspective was more mature, and the lyrics were still dope. It may not have been as good as Illmatic but it was more evolved. How was Nas going to keep rapping about being a grimey Philly blunt smoking Nikehead bagging chicks at John Jay? Basically he came out on some kingpin steez, which is a natural evolution when you consider he had acheived some fame and fortune. It's kind how like Rakim came out with "I Ain't No Joke" and then moved on to "Follow the Leader".

I'm not going to write an essay on why the album was a classic, but it's one of my favorites when it's all said and done. But if you don't like the songs, that's on you. I don't care for College Dropout, but I wouldn't try to argue on whether it's a classic or not, because I know I'm in the minority.

NaS went from the "N that be pissin in your elevator" (which I HATE BTW)...

To NaS Escobar, if thats what you call an artists natural progression...

Who do you think was TOTALLY out of bounds in adopting personas between albums??

NaS went from the "N that be pissin in your elevator" (which I HATE BTW)...

To NaS Escobar, if thats what you call an artists natural progression...

Who do you think was TOTALLY out of bounds in adopting personas between albums??

Originally Posted by North Dade Represent

The problem is people equate albums that are their favorites or they have personal attachments with to being a classic.  Every album that you feel had heat is not a classic.  Anyways IWW is not an album full of heat by any means but to each their own.

Originally Posted by North Dade Represent

The problem is people equate albums that are their favorites or they have personal attachments with to being a classic.  Every album that you feel had heat is not a classic.  Anyways IWW is not an album full of heat by any means but to each their own.

Back
Top Bottom