Good Guy Lucifer Is An Underrated Meme

Originally Posted by TroyMcClure

Who cares what they think or say?
They are obviously ignorant. I am in no way shape or form religious...but you have to feel for those people. It's a "sympathy for the devil" type of thing. Sadly, they know no better. 

Rather than take insult to their thoughts, beliefs, and actions we should just hope that they will one day "see the light". 

In a perfect world, eh?

30t6p3b.gif

__

I dont understand how you guys can be so hostile and not even see anything wrong with it.

I fear for my future on this earth if I never "see the light".I hope you guys dont place me in camps to reprogram me to not believe in God.

Nah.
You sound like the type of person that would just keep driving after witnessing a ten car pile up. "Well, I hope those people are okay. I'm sure someone will come and help them out soon.
You sound like an unedumacated fella. How do you make that inference off of what I said? lulz.

I actually witnessed a car explode once and then ran over there to make sure no one was in it and then knocked on everyones door to warn them. But you are right. I do suck.

If you see something wrong, in your eyes, but choose not to do anything to affect that situation, what does that make you? I don't think insulting others is the way go about doing things (although I don't think pointing out inconsistencies or logical fallacies within their religious framework is an insult) but I believe it is crucial that there is a constant dialogue. We NEED people to go against the grain.

I stated before there is NO right or wrong. There is only faith, or lack there of. You can't tell someone their religious beliefs are "wrong" even if you quietly think that to yourself, they are in fact not..."wrong". We don't know, we might not ever know.

Science has done a lot to disprove many theories at least.

What is "the grain" you speak of? Why do people NEED to go against it?

You are right in saying there needs to be open dialogue, but only to enrich the realm of thought in us all collectively. Not to persuade one into a certain belief, or any systematic thought.

There will always be a myriad of beliefs and ideas regarding these subjects, the only conclusions we can come to are those of acceptance of others, and being at peace with difference.

Through open dialogue and expressed thought we can deepen our views on life, love, and culture. But not one particular argument will stand as a model of truth, ever, I don't think.

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

They are obviously ignorant. I am in no way shape or form religious...but you have to feel for those people. It's a "sympathy for the devil" type of thing. Sadly, they know no better. 

Rather than take insult to their thoughts, beliefs, and actions we should just hope that they will one day "see the light". 

In a perfect world, eh?

30t6p3b.gif

__

I dont understand how you guys can be so hostile and not even see anything wrong with it.

I fear for my future on this earth if I never "see the light".I hope you guys dont place me in camps to reprogram me to not believe in God.

Irony, cause the opposite has been taking place for centuries----it's ok as long as we reprogram people to believe in our God

BS

You are reading what I said out of context. I was not referring to religious people as "those people". I was responding to the post AKA made about people not accepting others for their race or sexual preference in regards to certain things not being holy or biblical.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Please read preceding posts before you respond to a post and call someone hostile . Reading is fundamental. [/font]

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

How do y'all not learn anything from the hundreds of previous threads in which you take part in your "religious debates"?

Y'all are really cool until you do this every week.

Experience growth and take the high road, learn how to live and let live. No one is right, and no one is wrong.
Basically what I believe
I think this is a flawed argument.
Personally, I'm an agnostic-atheist with respect to religion (I don't know if a god(s) exists + I don't believe in any god(s))

With respect to a sort of guiding frame work? I guess an existentialist that recognizes the need for secular humanism, if that works/makes sense.

Anyways:

I do not claim to know, what I can not prove/support/substantiate/provide evidence for. Simple.

If you claim to know something, you can't prove or provide evidence for when requested or challenged, then you're either lying to yourself and others, or reside somewhere on a wide scale of delusion. Thats no diss to anyone, but its true. In no other area of critical thinking is this principle ignored. Not when drafting basketball players, not when deciding what to wear based on how the weather looks, not picking what items fit within your budget, not picking a mate, and not in choosing what food is better for you to eat.

No one would take you seriously to assert that someone KNOWS Spiderman is the one true god, but based on the same axioms presented for the abrahamic religions, its the SAME premise and comparison.

You can't assert what you can't support. You just can't.

So yes, some in here are MORE right than other people, but the extent of the validity can not be proven in either way.

Originally Posted by NjCollector

What is to be an atheist? How does it feel? 

I'm not particularly religious, but was raised in a manner that I should be( strict catholic upbringing), and I always wonder how do athiests have the steel will to go against religious people or fanatics, and more so want to find out why they do so, what is the reason?

It is easy to believe in a greater being, as it is to follow the alpha in the pack; I see why people are religious and become religious fanatics: fear of death, fear of endless torment, joy of heaven, family who have passed etc, it is almost all too good and/or bad depending how you look at it, but in a weird sense if put in that environment, it is clear as glass. Ironically I don't fit in my theory and I wonder why. 

I guess what I am trying to say is some people need religion, as they need that coffee in the morning, it is their drive and hope, kind of an paradox if youre going to heaven why even try? All I'm saying is let the people with a religious affiliation live, this century it's Christianity last it was Protestants before it was the Muslims, Ra, Zeus, Buddha etc. religions like all things end. Rather than fight them to the death on a forum, why not understand why they believe in their god or religion, if it is truly a noble reason to their belief, then let them believe, if it makes them happy.
I've read this whole thread and I have found not one example of someone being chastised FOR believing.

People have been made fun of for other things, but simply for believing? It didn't happen.

So then I ask you this: Are religious people free from having people question them? And if so, what is defined as things that are excluded from general questioning?

BTW, you don't "fit into your theory" simply because you recognize the frame work of your own theory. Thats like willingly ignoring the matrix around you and simultaneously being a participant in it. You can't "un-see" it any more. 

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

In a perfect world, eh?

30t6p3b.gif

__

Irony, cause the opposite has been taking place for centuries----it's ok as long as we reprogram people to believe in our God

BS

Dont come at me for what others do, I have never done it.
I have never said its ok to do it. And I am not hostile to non believers.

But yeah you sound so logical, 

they did it, so why cant we.

You are reading what I said out of context. I was not referring to religious people as "those people". I was responding to the post AKA made about people not accepting others for their race or sexual preference in regards to certain things not being holy or biblical.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Please read preceding posts before you respond to a post and call someone hostile . Reading is fundamental. [/font]

Calm down, that second part wasnt technically for you,  I just shook my head at you say you "those people" in general 
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

__

BS

Then before you accuse somebody of going to do something in the future, make sure it hasn't already been done smart one----unless you're a hypocrite, which seems to be the religious person's favorite pass-time.

This is clearly what I said
laugh.gif

By goly gee wizz I hope they never try to convert me
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
how bout to spend all of this energy focusing on people trying or who have converted others to their religion instead of focusing something that hasn't happened yet.

30t6p3b.gif

__

BS

You're the only one that has continually suggested this nonsense because you perceive us as hostile. You're the only one bringing up extremes like camps, programming, and torture.

Funny how all that stuff is on your mind and yet we're the ones that are hostile.

BS

Then before you accuse somebody of going to do something in the future, make sure it hasn't already been done smart one----unless you're a hypocrite, which seems to be the religious person's favorite pass-time.

laugh.gif
Do you really think that I didnt know they did  and still do that, you think its coincidence I said reprogram, Im well aware of religious persecution in all forms.
And Im sure its never been done by ME.

Point blank any reprogramming of any form is bad. 

Like I said I fear for my future.

laugh.gif
Do you really think that I didnt know they did  and still do that, you think its coincidence I said reprogram, Im well aware of religious persecution in all forms.

And Im sure its never been done by ME.

Point blank any reprogramming of any form is bad. 

Like I said I fear for my future.
Oh I get it, it's ok as long as it doesn't happen to you right?

That's what I thought, carry on then-I've heard enough
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

__

BS

Disclaimer: I'm not attacking you. I'm addressing your position and trying to undersand this, as three other posters have done.
Let me make sure I understood this process:
A. Express a possibility of an action to be taken against you
B. Receive counter-example of a similar action supported by followers of a personally affiliated group.

C. Deny association with "other" members of personally affiliated group.

This is what Israelis and Zionists are doing against Palestinians right now. They justify their current use of aggression towards other groups by falling back on the holocaust as an example of what could happen to them. They fail to realize that they have become what they once feared.

Just making sure that I understood this.

Well to be honest with you, anyone who DOES this, is a monster and lacks even the basic concepts of altruism or even the vaguest recognition of empathy.

Its somehow fair for you to assert that atheists are the equivalent of the boogey monster...but then its unfair to recall historical examples that show examples of those same actions taken by members of your group against others. 

I have no intention of harming you, and I would do everything in my power to protect your autonomy if possible. I seek to do all things to support and sustain humanity, no matter the barrier.

Before you bring up the Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, Mao, etc thing remember this: Hitler = Catholic. All the rest? They were secularists/atheists. But they were also really crazy people. If you basically have people WORSHIPPING you? Thats a form of religion, even though there is no recognition of a "supernatural" deity. The fervor that North Koreans have for Kim Jong-il and now Kim il-Sung is an example of a religion. So yes, even societies that are officially "atheist" (regarding abrahamic traditions or western conceptions of religion) can still fail to be "secular" entities.

Your argument is a Straw-man. You set non-believers (i hate the word "atheist") up to be the fall guy for a potentially heinous and unsubstantiated act then act like you didn't set up the premise in the first place...and THEN you use the argument that you created out of nowhere as if it is a real possibility and almost tangible entity to justify any bias you have towards an entire group of people.

None of it makes any sense to me.

Everytime a "believer" comes into this thread a part of their soul is lost to Satan, curiosity killed the cat
nerd.gif

images

Originally Posted by sillyputty

BS

Disclaimer: I'm not attacking you. I'm addressing your position and trying to undersand this, as three other posters have done.
Let me make sure I understood this process:
A. Express a possibility of an action to be taken against you
B. Receive counter-example of a similar action supported by followers of a personally affiliated group.

C. Deny association with "other" members of personally affiliated group.

This is what Israelis and Zionists are doing against Palestinians right now. They justify their current use of aggression towards other groups by falling back on the holocaust as an example of what could happen to them. They fail to realize that they have become what they once feared.

Just making sure that I understood this.

Well to be honest with you, anyone who DOES this, is a monster and lacks even the basic concepts of altruism or even the vaguest recognition of empathy.

Its somehow fair for you to assert that atheists are the equivalent of the boogey monster...but then its unfair to recall historical examples that show examples of those same actions taken by members of your group against others. 

I have no intention of harming you, and I would do everything in my power to protect your autonomy if possible. I seek to do all things to support and sustain humanity, no matter the barrier.

Before you bring up the Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, Mao, etc thing remember this: Hitler = Catholic. All the rest? They were secularists/atheists. But they were also really crazy people. If you basically have people WORSHIPPING you? Thats a form of religion, even though there is no recognition of a "supernatural" deity. The fervor that North Koreans have for Kim Jong-il and now Kim il-Sung is an example of a religion. So yes, even societies that are officially "atheist" (regarding abrahamic traditions or western conceptions of religion) can still fail to be "secular" entities.

Your argument is a Straw-man. You set non-believers (i hate the word "atheist") up to be the fall guy for a potentially heinous and unsubstantiated act then act like you didn't set up the premise in the first place...and THEN you use the argument that you created out of nowhere as if it is a real possibility and almost tangible entity to justify any bias you have towards an entire group of people.

None of it makes any sense to me.
In case she missed it

Yes she spends all her energy speaking out against hypothetical situations when the worst of it has happened or is already happening

Originally Posted by Retro23J

I don't rele care wuh ppl say I dun rele wah whuh dem wah do

roll.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif

A YEA YEA!...Sean Di Paul! 

That being said, what are ya'lls opinions with church girls? 
nerd.gif

devil.gif

You know what I'm talking about...

The: "I started to get more involved in the church" in my experience has always been "i'm trying to fool everyone into thinking I don't know any "tricks" on 'dat thang!" 
laugh.gif
eek.gif

It's so simple I don't see why she doesn't see that she's accusing us of possibly doing a horrible act religious ppl have already do. Like is that some weak attempt to compare us to them? I mean somebody clue me in to the part of history where atheists started culling the religious.

Reprogramming?
laugh.gif
Deprogramming.

I mean honestly, can't we just agree with the following?
If god exists and is omnipotent/scient/present, then God knows what I'm typing right now and knows what I will conclude this post with when I'm done.

In fact, God is then responsible for MAKING me an atheist, if nothing else.

So why would anyone be mad at me for expressing being a non-believer? Isn't this apart of god's plan to be here RIGHT NOW at this very second discussing this very topic? 

Its not free will if its up to god's divine plan, right? 

So either god made me an atheist, because god knows and can do everything, or I chose to be an atheist, thus making god unable to know and do everything.

If there is ONE thing you don't know, or ONE thing you can't do, then you're neither omniscient, or omnipotent.

99.99% will never be 100%

(unless you use that wild math problem that proves .999 = 1 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by sillyputty

I mean honestly, can't we just agree with the following?
If god exists and is omnipotent/scient/present, then God knows what I'm typing right now and knows what I will conclude this post with when I'm done.

In fact, God is then responsible for MAKING me an atheist, if nothing else.

So why would anyone be mad at me for expressing being a non-believer? Isn't this apart of god's plan to be here RIGHT NOW at this very second discussing this very topic? 

That's the way I see it, I'm simply evidence that God is highly incompetent---he/she/it dun goofed

Back
Top Bottom