Good Guy Lucifer Is An Underrated Meme

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

Anton, Im calling you out like for real fight me, its not even about religion.

FIGHT ME!!!!!!!

Spoiler [+]

4x27.jpg

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

In no way shape or form are any non believers in this thread acting like or even slightly resembling genocidal maniacs, supremacists, or their followers. You have clearly never met anyone like that to bring the weak attempt of trying to compare us to them.

All you've been doing is assuming intent, motives, and creating your own narrative to post nonsense.
I guess my snarkiness is just going over your head
laugh.gif

But in all honestly, you guys are rude, I will never forget the post where someone got fired and a poster suggested prayer among other things, only to have 5,6 of you to call him an idiot.
ohwell.gif

Tis life after observation you guys are rude in general, not just when it comes to religion so carry on.

Anyways who is the guy with the black jacket and green shirt in the Christian meme

Don't know or recall the thread but if ppl believe GOD has a plan for them why pray against the plan? Prayer isn't gonna help. Do for self.

Have any of you Atheist ever get into one of these debates or discussions with a Jewish person? In terms of telling them there religion is false etc etc

Originally Posted by yngSIMBA

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

Have any of you Atheist ever get into one of these debates or discussions with a Jewish person? In terms of telling them there religion is false etc etc

If this were a majority Jewish nation, (or Muslim or any other religion) where their religious principles were being pushed upon others, or played a part in politics, I'm sure you would here more of those arguments. It just so happens US is a majority Christian country.
Thanks for telling me what you're sure about and something the world knows.
laugh.gif

happy.gif
 For some reason though, I feel in my gut you wasted a post typing that. Seems pointless in a sense.  
ohwell.gif

Back to my question 
nerd.gif

Someon page Iyen for some real memes.

and yea God doesn't exist, because why would he evercreate Drake?????

right Putty?

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

I rarely see orthodox Jews in social settings and I'm not about to go invading parts of BK just to tell them. Unorthodox Jewish friends and associates on the other hand know the deal. Usually leads to healthy heated discussion where some acknowledge the arcane rules and others just stick to their guns/fade out of it.

On the core basis of believing with evidence and w/o there's just not a whole lot of arguing that. Same with if they were born elsewhere or what Anton mentioned about erasing science and religion and starting over which would end up being exactly the same.

Spoiler [+]

z66z6.png
3kBxv.png

Spoiler [+]
KuA8R.jpg

qm.gif

qm.gif

404438_10151194772585156_821775155_22821786_1633177914_n.jpg

8VPMP.jpg

Spoiler [+]

EqCGW.jpg

Spoiler [+]

veAuo.png

tumblr_lxn93wWuuo1qzmo7co1_400.jpg

tumblr_lxhhwpf8ZL1qzmo7co1_500.jpg

tumblr_lxwryebz9H1qzmo7co1_500.jpg

There is no such thing as divine intervention, there is no destiny.  

We hold the tools to craft our future, as we are responsible for our own successes and failures.

Religion forces its followers to follow blindly and those that refuse are forced to an "afterlife" of damnation. Child, please 
eyes.gif

Religion is like Santa for old people that will never mentally mature.  Their good deeds and actions are dictated by some magical belief of ascension into Heaven, just as Santa Claus keeps track of all of the children in the world, and if they're naughty, they will be given coals or in this case, sent to hell.

Child, please.  How about you just grow up and live your life like a decent human being by contributing to the world and helping those around you.

Religion 
tumblr_lt57q9A0gR1qfh0tl.png

I would just like to add that very soon, Science will become just as radical as Roman Imperial Catholicism was 1000's of years ago. And I mean very soon.

So I guess the "how religion USED to treat people" argument will be invalid in a decade or so, when science suppresses you moreso than you can ever imagine. Science has been suppressing you for awhile already and most of you don't even know it.
30t6p3b.gif

EDIT: 

I am not a supporter of religions but a supporter of beliefs.

holy $%#%. if this was real life it would just be a million people talking over each other, not talking to each other. Stuck in their motive to prove their own point and getting off on hearing themselves.

There is so much to respond to but barely anyone will read it. They will just scroll down and add their own reply without reading anything else.

I don't know how silly has the patience to quote 15 people and respond to them, that's an art form.

Originally Posted by buggz05

I would just like to add that very soon, Science will become just as radical as Roman Imperial Catholicism was 1000's of years ago. And I mean very soon.

So I guess the "how religion USED to treat people" argument will be invalid in a decade or so, when science suppresses you moreso than you can ever imagine. Science has been suppressing you for awhile already and most of you don't even know it.
30t6p3b.gif

EDIT: 

You are entitled to your own opinions but not your own facts.
Scientists that falsify data sooner or later DO get caught. All it takes is for someone to try and replicate or investigate their findings and the whole thing collapses like a house of cards.

Peer review is one of the most powerful tools of inquiry and consistency we've ever created. 

Originally Posted by sillyputty

30t6p3b.gif

EDIT: 

Scientists that falsify data sooner or later DO get caught. All it takes is for someone to try and replicate or investigate their findings and the whole thing collapses like a house of cards.

Peer review is one of the most powerful tools of inquiry and consistency we've ever created. 
Falsifying data is not what I am referring to. I am talking about using science to oppress and suppress. Breaking down molecules to put together ingredients that you consume. Synthetic medication. Media broadcasting is a form of psychology based off of electronic and cognitive sciences, and is absolutely effective.
Peer review is 99.99% nonexistent in what I am speaking about.

Whether you believe it or not, these are facts to me.

30t6p3b.gif

EDIT: 

Falsifying data is not what I am referring to. I am talking about using science to oppress and suppress. Breaking down molecules to put together ingredients that you consume. Synthetic medication. Media broadcasting is a form of psychology based off of electronic and cognitive sciences, and is absolutely effective.

If something is true, it will be true regardless of the position taken. Thats what validity is. 

If its only true to "you" it doesn't make it true. Its subjective with regard to only your perception.

Now, do I agree with you on the impact of media on social psychology? Sure. But does that have anything to do with the topic? Not in the slightest.

I fail to see how bring up the use of the scientific method for adverse methods legitimizes the existence of a higher power/ god/ whatever.

This isn't about iRobot. 

Its about the validity of your claims for supernatural assertions. 

If something is true, it will be true regardless of the position taken. Thats what validity is. 

If its only true to "you" it doesn't make it true. Its subjective with regard to only your perception.

Now, do I agree with you on the impact of media on social psychology? Sure. But does that have anything to do with the topic? Not in the slightest.

I fail to see how bring up the use of the scientific method for adverse methods legitimizes the existence of a higher power/ god/ whatever.

This isn't about iRobot. 

You specifically focus too much on my philosophy instead of my message, missing the point. This is not a focus on true or false perspective.

You are condemning followers for the atrocities that other "practitioners" of religion/spirituality have committed, yet fail to do the same for the atrocities that are committed through "practitioners" of science on an even bigger mass scale everyday.  These are facts in the food industry, pharmaceutical sciences and media production. 

The serving proportions of the current Food Pyramid does in fact lead to diabetes and a prolonged acidic body, etc. This is the use of science to weaken the masses. The use of Aspirin does in fact suppress your liver, which is responsible for filtering toxins out of your body. Many other chemicals are developed -- through science -- that are meant to be sold for large amounts of profits, while mass distributing side effects. Yet diabetes cures such as bittermelon -- which is only embraced in eastern science -- is a proven natural remedy to prevent/treat diabetes. Yet science is not used to push natural medications only synthetic profit generating medications. That is proof that science can be corrupted and used for oppression -- yet you are not going to hear any believers/scientists say that we need to rid the world of science and those who practice it.

There's too much of this "I want to interfere with your brain because of what other people have done to other people" in this thread, as well as the whole world.

You specifically focus too much on my philosophy instead of my message, missing the point. This is not a focus on true or false perspective.

You are condemning followers for the atrocities that other "practitioners" of religion/spirituality have committed, yet fail to do the same for the atrocities that are committed through "practitioners" of science on an even bigger mass scale everyday.  These are facts in the food industry, pharmaceutical sciences and media production. 

The serving proportions of the current Food Pyramid does in fact lead to diabetes and a prolonged acidic body, etc. This is the use of science to weaken the masses. The use of Aspirin does in fact suppress your liver, which is responsible for filtering toxins out of your body. Many other chemicals are developed -- through science -- that are meant to be sold for large amounts of profits, while mass distributing side effects. Yet diabetes cures such as bittermelon -- which is only embraced in eastern science -- is a proven natural remedy to prevent/treat diabetes. Yet science is not used to push natural medications only synthetic profit generating medications. That is proof that science can be corrupted and used for oppression -- yet you are not going to hear any believers/scientists say that we need to rid the world of science and those who practice it.

There's too much of this "I want to interfere with your brain because of what other people have done to other people" in this thread, as well as the whole world.
clap2d.gif

Entire post is 
pimp.gif

If its only true to "you" itdoesn'tmake it true. Its subjective with regard to only your perception.

I fail to see how bring up the use of the scientific method for adverse methodslegitimizesthe existence of a higher power/ god/ whatever.

This isn't about iRobot.

You specifically focus too much on my philosophy instead of my message, missing the point.This is not a focus on true or false perspective.

Uh...What?

I answered each and every sentence.

You're talking about people using advancement in technology to control lives.

I'm asking why your claims of supernatural and spiritual entities are valid.

Why or how are those remotely related?

Now you're just trying to change the entire conversation.

You are condemning followers for the atrocities that other "practitioners" of religion/spirituality have committed, yet fail to do the same for the atrocities that are committed through "practitioners" of science on an even bigger mass scale everyday. These are facts in the food industry, pharmaceutical sciences and media production.

Good people, will do good things.
Bad people, will do bad things.

"Science" it self is not good, or bad. Its how its used. Its merely a vehicle to more consistent and reliable understandings of the world.

X-Rays killed Marie Curie, but our understanding of them has saved millions.

Whats your point?

In fact, I'm don't even care about the atrocities committed by religious people or atheists or people who support different ideologies. It doesn't matter in the context of this discussion.

I'm asking why your support of supernatural claims are to be both believed and accepted as fact.

Any other discussion is an attempt to change the discussion.

The serving proportions of the current Food Pyramid does in fact lead to diabetes and a prolonged acidic body, etc.

The food pyramid has however allowed for greater understanding of general nutrition and the qualities of how to use our metabolisms. They aren't perfect standards but they are beneficial. It has introduced both safer and more reliable forms of mass food consumption that have greatly improved lives from a public health stand point.

This is the use of science to weaken the masses.

I don't think anyone said "science" was completely good for you.
Its how its used that matters.
The use of Aspirin does in fact suppress your liver, which is responsible for filtering toxins out of your body.

Chewing aspirin during heart attacks greatly reduces the chance of further complications.
Are you aware of the term: "Side effect?"

Cocaine used to be a general anesthetic, would you like to try doing some when you have a headache next time?

Many other chemicals are developed -- through science -- that are meant to be sold for large amounts of profits, while mass distributing side effects.

OK. Thats capitalism. Any issue regarding economics does not have anything to do with the validity of your claims for supernatural or spiritual entities.
However, I hope you would rather try eating nuts and berries to handle your T-Cell count over AZT in light of an HIV infection.

Yet diabetes cures such as bittermelon -- which is only embraced in eastern science -- is a proven natural remedy to prevent/treat diabetes.

Well go grow fields of bittermelon and give me back the pig pancreas so I can keep harvesting insulin.
Yet science is not used to push natural medications only synthetic profit generating medications.

Watch this video: "Tim Minchin - Storm"

That is proof that science can be corrupted and used for oppression -- yet you are not going to hear any believers/scientists say that we need to rid the world of science and those who practice it.

First of all, science isn't a "thing." Its not an entity. Its an approach. Its a form by which we ask questions and validate their conclusions.

Any attempt to understand and manipulate something is science. We make assertions and then we test them. If they hold up, then the claim is supported. If they don't, the claim is dismissed. If someone wants to try to prove the claim again, they are sure free to. However, if they fail to do so, their repeated attempts do not establish the validity of the claim.

Second of all, any enhanced or improved understanding of a concept or situation can be used as much for harm as it can for good.

I would hope that you would not attempt to use thissophomoricframework for a legitimate argument.

Better yet, if you feel that we should have people who suggest ridding the world of "science" in order to prevent the use of "information" for malevolence, then what is the usefulness of spiritual and supernatural claims? Do they prove their worth and assertions? Do they substantiate their claims? Do they offer literal and measured benefits? Until they do, their utility, in ANY form is not established and should not be remotely accepted.

I don't care that people fight over religion.
People fight over women's genitals.

It is, what it is.

However, the claims for which they seem to each support are not substantiated in either direction.

Look man, this is really frustrating and I'm trying not to offend you, but you are saying NOTHING of importance to the topic.

How do your qualms with institutionalized western medicine prove that there is a supernatural being?

This is akin to saying that gays cause earthquakes and hurricanes...or that chanting while dancing around fire and painting our faces causes rain to fall.

You have single handedly avoided each attempt to realign the discussion around the original topic.

1.�

If something is true, it will be true regardless of the position taken. Thats what validity is.�

If its only true to "you" it�doesn't�make it true. Its subjective with regard to only your perception.

2.�

I fail to see how bring up the use of the scientific method for adverse methods�legitimizes�the existence of a higher power/ god/ whatever.

This isn't about iRobot.�

Its about the validity of your claims for supernatural assertions.�

You specifically focus too much on my philosophy instead of my message, missing the point.�This is not a focus on true or false perspective.

Uh...What?�

I answered each and every sentence.

You're talking about people using advancement in technology to control lives.

I'm asking why your claims of supernatural and spiritual entities are valid.

Why or how are those remotely related?
Because this is your reasoning behind the expression of your own opinion. You've stated this reasoning many times.

Look man, this is really frustrating and I'm trying not to offend you, but you are saying NOTHING of importance to the topic.

How do your qualms with institutionalized western medicine prove that there is a supernatural being?

I agree communicating with you is very frustrating. Matter of fact, I pm'd you a small bit of my background as a means of bettering our communication. I don't tell people my beliefs because I fear they cannot comprehend them and will misunderstand them. As you now know, my beliefs can do mass amounts of harm when interpreted and acted upon a certain way. (lets please keep that between me and you if you wish to keep things neutral and transparent between us)

But this is related, because you have stated countless times that the reason you speak up against Christianity is because of the influence it has on the world. 

I am simply pointing out your own psychological faults in your personal movement against Religion, the same way you do to people who support it.

"Science" it self is not good, or bad. Its how its used. Its merely a vehicle to more consistent and reliable understandings of the world.

"Spirituality" is merely a vehicle to understand yourself in ways that western science consistently falls short of measuring. So what's the problem?

The food pyramid has however allowed for greater understanding of general nutrition and the qualities of how to use our metabolisms. They aren't perfect standards but they are beneficial. It has introduced both safer and more reliable forms of mass food consumption that have greatly improved lives from a public health stand point.

Highly debatable. Again, Traditional Chinese Medicine. My island ancestors have always lived long lives because of their diet.  

OK. Thats capitalism. Any issue regarding economics does not have anything to do with the validity of your claims for supernatural or spiritual entities.

If it has nothing to do with the validity of the supernatural, then stop claiming it as a reason to rid worship and religion. Very simple, eliminate that from your argument. 

You have stated countless times that the reason you speak up against Christianity is because of the influence it has on the world. 

In algebra, in order to find the answer you have to apply the same identical formulas to both sides of the equation. That's a technique in scientific method.

Better yet, if you feel that we should have people who suggest ridding the world of "science" in order to prevent the use of "information" for malevolence, then what is the usefulness of spiritual and supernatural claims? 

I am not, and did not suggest the ridding of science. It was an example? 

Do they prove their worth and assertions? Do they substantiate their claims? Do they offer literal and measured benefits? Until they do, their utility, in ANY form is not established and should not be remotely accepted.

Do athiest prove or substantiate their claims that an omnipresence does not exist? No. They can't. Until they do, it should not be "accepted" by whoever keeps the record books of what is "accepted" in science. 

I know me personally, I will not accept that a God is impossible until I am shown the evidence. Until then, I will in fact lean towards the side with the highest potential-to-circumstantial evidence ratio -- considering the evidence of an omnipresence existing and/or not existing, is all circumstantial at this point. This is where me and you differ. We essentially ended up at the same Logical node, but headed different directions with different scientific approaches.

rant:

And seriously dude, responding to you is the most complicated thing you could ever do on NT. Let us be concentrated, and not on white fonts plz...

I just KNEW there was a reason why this thread is almost at the 20-page mark.

Back
Top Bottom