Good Guy Lucifer Is An Underrated Meme

This thread is about the underrated implications of a meme.

There is a meme thread in existence right?

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

tumblr_lxr2o1jI0e1qzpwi0o1_500.jpg

i lol'd
*goes back to lurking*
Its official , Im slower than I thought it took me way too long to get this.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

i lol'd
*goes back to lurking*
laugh.gif
eek.gif
 I got the words I didn't comprehend the pictures 
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by buggz05

i lol'd
*goes back to lurking*
laugh.gif
eek.gif
 I got the words I didn't comprehend the pictures 
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Me too, I guess its cause he looks mexican and I always associate the name Jesus with puerto ricans and cubans.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by slickp42189

I suppose you could have rejected the religion, and became the first Catholic priest

I should have said most likely been the popular religion of the time, but what I'm sure of in that hypothetical situation is you would not be a Christian because no one has told trained you to become one
haha, no, not because "no one has told trained" me, i wouldnt because it didnt exist, thats still irrational to say i wouldnt be Christian because someone hasnt trained me to be Christian, at this point youre no longer arguing Christian's inability to think for themselves, youre arguing that I am unable to think for myself, which is impossible
That is a bingo

Until you convince me that you would most likely become a Christian if you lived in a predominantly Muslim country, this is the only conclusion I can come to-you don't have to agree with it but it's the way I see it
wow, in that case i honestly dont care if you think i can think for myself, ive only been replying to your posts for the sake of discussing the ridiculous generalization of Christians but this one is pretty out there, youve totally disregarded the 3-D realm we live in to judge whether or not i can think for myself. . . . . . 

gay-jesus-offends-christians-10312-1239746908-44.jpg

jesus_in_love_german_medres_4.jpg

gay_jesus2_xlarge.jpeg

71156_62300363632_6107529_n.jpg

gayjesus.jpg

true-blood-jesus-lafayette_320.jpg

tumblr_l97m2egSZy1qz82xho1_400.jpg

51py2zdZlZL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

ART THOU OFFENDED? This guy chilled with dudes all day and yall are tryna tell me he wasn't gay---why were there no female apostles?

gay_jesus2_xlarge.jpeg

gayjesus.jpg

51py2zdZlZL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

ART THOU OFFENDED? This guy chilled with dudes all day and yall are tryna tell me he wasn't gay---why were there no female apostles?
jesus-hung-out-with-12-guys-and-a-prostitute-7.jpg

Interesting perspective on females in the bible though. Some say Adam's had a first wife named Lilith but she was sent to hell or something because she literally would not perform oral sex. I have to find the source again. But its too funny once you read it. 

Most apostles were actually female. It's where the term "Basilica" comes from, because they were maidens of traveling apostles. Oppression of women was happening back then also, which is why you don't here about it.
Apostle = follower before and after death. Disciple = understudy that was in the direct circle.

There was a female disciple also. 

I'm sure you're familiar with the struggle between a dude's friends and a dude's friends who are females. 

Most apostles were actually female. It's where the term "Basilica" comes from, because they were maidens of traveling apostles. Oppression of women was happening back then also, which is why you don't here about it.
Apostle = follower before and after death. Disciple = understudy that was in the direct circle.

I'm sure you're familiar with the struggle between a dude's friends and a dude's friends who are females. 
I heard a lot of females were PROPHETS and the books were taken out, not sure about apostles tho----The bible today is just one big He man woman haters club

I heard a lot of females were PROPHETS and the books were taken out, not sure about apostles tho
Interesting. Would like more info if you have it.

I heard a lot of females were PROPHETS and the books were taken out, not sure about apostles tho
I dunno I saw a documentary on the history channel a while back about lost books in the bible, many books taken out of the old and new testament were from female prophets and disciples--There are theories that Mary Magdaline's portrayal in the bible was falsified-apparently she was never a prostitute and she had her own gospel

http://www.examiner.com/a...us-the-official-religion

This is the final article in a series of articles about Saint Mary Magdalene.  In an earlier article I made the point that Mary Magdalene was not a prostitute.  You can see that article here:  

Was-Mary-Magdalene-ever-a-prostitute

And, I wrote about Mary Magdalene's true place in Christianity as an apostle of Jesus Christ here:

Religion-101--who-was-Mary-Magdalene

Today's article is about the Gospel of Mary Magdalene.  In The Da Vinci Code, Dan Brown has one of his characters, Sir Leigh Teabing, describe how St. Peter was jealous of the place that Mary Magdalene occupied as the chief apostle of Christ and the one to whom Christ entrusted the leadership of his church after his death. 

Despite some of the more outlandish scenarios described in The Da Vinci Code, this one is very likely true.  Many biblical scholars have examined the writings of the early church, including such early Christian works as the Gospel of Philip, the Gospel of Thomas and the Gospel of Mary Magdalene, and come to the exact same conclusion.  That's right,

Mary Magdalene had her own gospel.

In the Gospel of Mary and the Gospel of Philip, Peter is portrayed as being jealous of Mary Magdalene's close relationship with Jesus.  In the Gospel of Mary 16-20,  Peter complains,
Did he really speak with a woman without our knowledge not openly?  Are we to turn about and all listen to her?

This is not an isolated incident, but a well documented pattern of Peter complaining about Mary Magdalene and asking Christ to make her leave or be silent while the male apostles talk.  None of the early Christian writings which feature this power struggle between Peter and Mary Magdalene were chosen to be part of the canonical New Testament. 

In, Secrets of Mary Magdalene - Who Was Mary Magdalene, James Carroll, a biblical scholar and former priest writes,
It was not until the fourth century that the list of canonized books we now know as the New Testament was established.  This amounted to a milestone on the road toward the church's definition of itself precisely in opposition to Judaism. At the same time, and more subtly, the church was on the way toward understanding itself in opposition to women...

One of the most important Christian texts to be found outside the New Testament canon is the so-called Gospel of Mary, a telling of the Jesus-movement story that features Mary Magdalene as one of its most powerful leaders.

One of the big things that happened in that 4th Century to which Mr. Carroll refers, is that The Roman Emperor, Constantine, converted to Christianity.  Christianity became the official religion of Rome.  The same people who persecuted the early Christians and supposedly crucified Christ, now decided how the Christian religion should be shaped and packaged for future generations.

Ex seminarian and eminent biblical scholar Bart. D. Ehrman writes in Secrets of Mary Magdalene - The Battle for Scripture and the Faiths We Didn't Get to Know,
Christianity started out giving a high role and authority to women, who were eventually oppressed and silenced.  It started out as an other-worldly religion, and it became a religion that embraced the values and norms of the world.  It started out in opposition to the state and all it stood for, and it came both to embrace and to be embraced by the state.  Christianity at the end of the fourth century would have been virtually unrecognizable to Christians at the beginning of the first.

Here is a very interesting Video about Mary Magdalene and it even shows the catacombs below St. Peter's Basilica in Rome where ancient Christian paintings showing women celebrating the Eucharist with men are preserved:

You can find out more of the truth about Mary Magdalene from the following links,

Website - Order of Mary the Magdalene

Order of Mary the Magdalene

For more about the Gospel of Philip, go here:
www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gop.html

I dunno I saw a documentary on the history channel a while back about lost books in the bible, many books taken out of the old and new testament were from female prophets and disciples--There are theories that Mary Magdaline's portrayal in the bible was falsified
Its really not that big of a surprise.
There was an openly homosexual man that helped to craft most of what people refer to the bible...ring a bell?

Oh thats right!

King James of England!  
laugh.gif

eyes.gif

Do you wonder where the term "Queen" as a slur for homosexuals originated?

I wonder how conservative fundies would react when they hear that. 
roll.gif
 Dudes would blow a gasket.

But thats besides the point. Once you start bring up the Apocrypha (AKA The Lost Books of the Bible) and why some books are canonized and others aren't, it becomes markedly obvious that the "editing" of the "bible" is incomplete. 

The bible was written over a period of 1,600 years. Thats over One-Thousand and a half years. Of COURSE its the word of god.
laugh.gif
 The first books can be traced no sooner than 70 years after the supposed events occurred...which is probably 2-3 generations back then. Its said that none of the authors ever met jesus. Most of the authors just literally made stuff up. Most of the books that exist in the 66 parts of the bible were made by only a few hands. There is also evidence that parts of whats called the "old testament" were made after parts of the "new testament" 
laugh.gif
...but God intended for it to be that way. 

I mean anytime someone tells you that the bible is the inerrant word of god, just start asking which version and that'll dead the conversation, if they're going to be honest that is.

The Catholic Church revised the 2011 bible to make the term "virgin" into "young woman"...kinda revamps the idea of parthenogenesis (virgin birth) in humans right? But whats the Catholic church without recognizing scientific advancement and understanding? 
grin.gif

I dunno I saw a documentary on the history channel a while back about lost books in the bible, many books taken out of the old and new testament were from female prophets and disciples--There are theories that Mary Magdaline's portrayal in the bible was falsified
I think we are talking about the same thing.  The rumor is that Jesus told Mary his most personal secrets of his gifts. The disciples figured this out after the crucifixion, when they tried to gather and organize everything they learned. This is when she told them information that they did not know. This did not sit well with the other disciples, so they then split ways with different versions of Christianity to spread throughout the lands.  
They (not the Disciples but the Vatican/Council of Nicaea) made her look like an insane prostitute in the Bible, and claimed that any versions of her Christianity would be considered heretical. Obviously, the predominantly male side won that battle.
I think you are referring to the Nag Hammadi and The Book of Mary.

Edit: Yea exactly. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by sillyputty

But thats besides the point. Once you start bring up the Apocrypha (AKA The Lost Books of the Bible) and why some books are canonized and others aren't, it becomes markedly obvious that the "editing" of the "bible" is incomplete. 

And now we start getting into what these meme's are really about. 
devil.gif

Tabitha
But anyway, how has your man card not been revoked for you having these kinds of pics in your computer saved.?

How

Tabitha
But anyway, how has your man card not been revoked for you having these kinds of pics in your computer saved.?

How
roll.gif
I knew there would finally be lulz in here
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Tabitha

How
roll.gif
I knew there would finally be lulz in here
laugh.gif

Wait this is supposed to be funny? I was gonna respond, but I thought "revoking my man-card" is barely an insult for someone who openly admits that he fantasizes about orgies involving Jesus Christ and his apostles

Come on son---At least call me a Batte boi or something
grin.gif

gay_jesus2_xlarge.jpeg

gayjesus.jpg

jesus-hung-out-with-12-guys-and-a-prostitute-7.jpg

Interesting perspective on females in the bible though. Some say Adam's had a first wife named Lilith but she was sent to hell or something because she literally would not perform oral sex. I have to find the source again. But its too funny once you read it. 
it wasnt oral, it was because she didnt want to be the bottom, she was basically a feminist

Falsifying data is not what I am referring to. I am talking about using science to oppress and suppress. Breaking down molecules to put together ingredients that you consume. Synthetic medication. Media broadcasting is a form of psychology based off of electronic and cognitive sciences, and is absolutely effective.
Peer review is 99.99% nonexistent in what I am speaking about.

Whether you believe it or not, these are facts to me.

If something is true, it will be true regardless of the position taken. Thats what validity is. 

If its only true to "you" it doesn't make it true. Its subjective with regard to only your perception.

Now, do I agree with you on the impact of media on social psychology? Sure. But does that have anything to do with the topic? Not in the slightest.

I fail to see how bring up the use of the scientific method for adverse methods legitimizes the existence of a higher power/ god/ whatever.

This isn't about iRobot. 

Its about the validity of your claims for supernatural assertions. 

You specifically focus too much on my philosophy instead of my message, missing the point. This is not a focus on true or false perspective.

You are condemning followers for the atrocities that other "practitioners" of religion/spirituality have committed, yet fail to do the same for the atrocities that are committed through "practitioners" of science on an even bigger mass scale everyday.  These are facts in the food industry, pharmaceutical sciences and media production. 

The serving proportions of the current Food Pyramid does in fact lead to diabetes and a prolonged acidic body, etc. This is the use of science to weaken the masses. The use of Aspirin does in fact suppress your liver, which is responsible for filtering toxins out of your body. Many other chemicals are developed -- through science -- that are meant to be sold for large amounts of profits, while mass distributing side effects. Yet diabetes cures such as bittermelon -- which is only embraced in eastern science -- is a proven natural remedy to prevent/treat diabetes. Yet science is not used to push natural medications only synthetic profit generating medications. That is proof that science can be corrupted and used for oppression -- yet you are not going to hear any believers/scientists say that we need to rid the world of science and those who practice it.

There's too much of this "I want to interfere with your brain because of what other people have done to other people" in this thread, as well as the whole world.
I don't even want to comment on your post cause, well just wow at your conversation with putty... But, I will, as usual, comment on the misinformation about "scientific" facts which are being used to push an argument.

1. The current food pyramid DOES NOT cause diabetes. Diabetes type 1 is usually a genetic disorder or autoimmune disease so diet has no factor. Type 2 is caused more so by lifestyle and food choices, which consistently spike your glucose levels and in return your insulin levels stressing your cells which eventually become non-responsive to insulin. Eating sugars and simple carbohydrates does this. If you look at the food pyramid sugars are on the lowest level of consumption and highest are, yes, other carbohydrates but it is always stressed to eat complex carbs, which do not spike your glucose levels and are much healthier for you. WHO even follows this pyramid on a daily basis? Seriously, I'd like to take a poll. There are many other genetic, physiological,  and environmental factors that need to be taken into consideration before one says "this causes diabetes" and to just say the food pyramid is setup to lead to diabetes is such an idiotic statement to make.

2.  A prolonged acidic body, umm ya, your blood has many buffering agents in it and if the physiological pH of your blood changed away form ~7.2 -7.4 your cells and organs wouldn't function properly and you would die. This is a common misinformation spread from individuals who like to gain profit in selling a lifestyle or certain "ALL NATURAL HEALTH PRODUCTS" to gullible individuals. LOOKS LIKE YOU FELL FOR IT. But, big pharm is bad HUH? NOT the good ole "all natural" medicine enthusiasts. They saved Steve Jobs with his cancer using herbal medicine only... Oh wait.....

3. Aspirin does NOT suppress your liver. It is hard on your liver because it takes a lot out of it to detoxify, but you get more liver damage from drinking alcohol so should you all stop doing that too? Are Budweiser and Grey Goose "using science" to weaken the masses?  LOL Acetaminophen (tylenol) is much worse for your liver, but yes both of those compounds are degraded by your liver. Just like almost every other compound which goes through your body on a daily basis. That is what your liver is used for, to detoxify your body. When it comes to medication EVEN herbal its all risk and reward, there are a lot of natural/herbal supplements which require detoxification when entering into your body AND just because something is natural doesn't mean it can't be bad for you. Hell if you believe in that why don't you go eat a bunch of poison oak and tell me how that goes.

I remember in another post you discuss synthetic medicine. Seriously, where do you expect us to get all of our medicine from? Nature?  So you want to cut down more trees and harvest more plants just for medicine so that we can have enough everyone in the world? Instead of synthesizing is in mass production in a lab so it can be efficient, pure, and effective? But, you like all natural huh? Tree hugger who wants to keep feeding off of the earth instead of using science to create our own resources so we can STOP using the earth's resources. No, just keep eating your "all natural" products which they gut out of the earth to harvest for you. Makes a lot of sense huh?

4. Those "other chemical" are developed to help treat or cure people and save lives. NOT MADE FOR PROFIT. YES, PROFIT IS A GOAL BUT IT IS A GOAL FOR EVERY OTHER COMPANY TOO, AND WHY SHOULDN'T A COMPANY WHICH SAVES LIVES GET PAID WELL? MANY OTHER BUSINESSES DO WHICH MUCH LESS NOBLE GOALS. YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH SCIENCE AND SYNTHETIC MEDICATION, THEN DON'T TAKE ANY ON YOUR DEATH BED. LET SEE WHAT YOUR DECISION IS WHEN YOU OR A LOVED ONE HAS AN INFECTION AND THEY HAVE SYNTHETIC MEDICINE THAT CAN SAVE THEIR OR YOUR LIFE, LET SEE WHAT YOUR DECISION IS THEN. YOU NOT GOING TO TAKE IT? LET THEM DIE?

5. Bittermelon curing diabetes LMAO. As a person who has eaten it before, and has seen others eat it who have diabetes, WITH NO SUCCESS IN CURING IT, I can tell you that you are very misinformed and DO NOT KNOW HOW TO CRITICALLY EVALUATE ASSUMPTIONS MADE BY OTHERS. You blindly accept what is told to you with out looking into the facts and doing your own research and testing. I know all about bittermelon's attributes to health and wellness in the eastern cultures and I can tell you that it DOES NOT CURE DIABETES. I do think that there is hope in some herbal medicine and there are scientists all over the world testing on new plants to find any new medication which is from a natural compound WHICH WE CAN THEN SYNTHESIZE IN A LAB. But, to think that those guys on infomercials OR on websites which sell this "all natural medicine" crap don't have a motive of profit too, and even worse with NO DATA TO PROVE THAT THE MEDICATION WORKS, is just foolish and naive.

6. Seriously, have you ever heard of biology? It is the study of the natural world. And biologists and chemist are all over the world trying to find new naturally occurring compounds which can cure diseases. Check your facts before you make false statements, thinking you know what scientists are doing.

AND, you ever think that nature has it's limitations and that chemist and biologist are creating these synthetic medications/compounds because they can help cure more disease with them? If we have the capability to create synthetic compounds (which have saved MILLIONS and MILLIONS of lives) why shouldn't we create them? Give me one good reason why we should just stick to natural compounds, when we have the capability to create new non-natural compounds that have the potential to save lives? It's not even a question about potential anymore at this point tons of compounds have been created and synthesized that have saved countless lives in the world.

7. Lastly, SCIENCE IS A TERM USED TO DEFINE A TOOL, A METHOD OF STUDY, A BODY OF KNOWLEDGE. AND ANY TOOL CAN BE USED BY BAD OR GOOD PEOPLE TO DO BAD OR GOOD THINGS. THE BODY OF KNOWLEDGE IN SCIENCE IS INCOMPLETE, IS CONSISTENTLY CHANGING OR IMPROVING, AND CONTINUES TO  GROW. IT DOESN'T CLAIM YET TO KNOW EVERYTHING OR ANSWER EVERYTHING. IT WILL CONTINUE TO EXPAND AND ADAPT AND BECOME MORE COMPREHENSIVE, BETTER ITSELF.

RELIGION ON THE OTHER HAND IS AN ABSOLUTE. IT CLAIMS TO KNOW EVERYTHING AND WHAT IS WRITTEN IS FINAL. NOTHING ELSE. IT WILL NEVER CHANGE OR IMPROVE OR EXPAND BECAUSE TO DO SO MEANS THAT IT WAS ONCE FALSE OR WRONG OR INCOMPLETE, AND SOMETHING WHICH IS AN ABSOLUTE TRUTH CAN NOT BE FALSE OR IT CRUMBLES UPON ITSELF, THE VERY FOUNDATION OF ITS STRUCTURE IS TO BE 100% RIGHT AND TO BE ABLE TO CHANGE OR IMPROVE EVEN EVER SO SLIGHTLY MEANS ITS NOT 100% RIGHT AND THEREFORE, COMPLETELY WRONG, NOT A LITTLE WRONG, BUT COMPLETELY WRONG. 

Buggz comment may be one of the dumbest things I've ever read on NT, lol @ people assuming herbs and "Eastern cures" used in the past are without side effect---I was reading a pharmacology book about uses for traditional herbs and most of them had adverse effects on your body and organs

It's ironic how conspiracy theorists continue to criticize modern medicine, ignoring the fact that human beings in the developed world are living longer than we have ever lived in history-This country has one of the largest geriatric populations we have ever had for a reason

Food pyramid causing type 1 diabetes? You friggin' kidding me? It has absolutely nothing to do with people in low income areas eating like pigs and living sedentary lifestyles---it's the food pyramid
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

The second people stopped dying from mumps, measles, rubella, small pox, tetanus, simple STDs because of the invention of vaccines and penicillin, our society was quick to call vaccines into question because they never lived in a reality were these illnesses existed and killed people en masse--

Just because something is "natural" doesn't mean it doesn't have adverse effects-

Black Cohosh

[h2]Side effects[/h2]
Studies on human subjects who were administered two commercially available black cohosh preparations did not detect estrogenic effects on the breast.[sup][14][/sup]

No studies exist on long-term safety of black cohosh use in humans.[sup][19][/sup] In a transgenic mouse model of cancer, black cohosh did not increase incidence of primary breast cancer, but increased metastasis of pre-existing breast cancer to the lungs.[sup][20][/sup]

Liver damage has been reported in a few individuals using black cohosh,[sup][2][/sup] but many women have taken the herb without reporting adverse health effects,[sup][21][/sup] and a meta-analysis of several well-controlled clinical trials found no evidence that black cohosh preparations have any adverse effect on liver function.[sup][22][/sup] Despite a lack of conclusive evidence for a link between black cohosh and liver damage, Australia has added a warning to the label of all black cohosh-containing products, stating that it may cause harm to the liver in some individuals and should not be used without medical supervision.[sup][23][/sup] Other studies conclude that liver damage from use of black cohosh is unlikely,[sup][24][/sup] and that the main concern over its safe use is lack of proper authentication of plant materials and adulteration of commercial preparations with other plant species.[sup][25][/sup]

Reported direct side-effects also include dizziness, headaches, and seizures; diarrhea; nausea and vomiting; sweating; constipation; low blood pressure and slow heartbeats; and weight problems.[sup][26][/sup]

Because the vast majority of black cohosh materials are harvested from plants growing in the wild,[sup][2][/sup] a recurring concern regarding the safety of black cohosh-containing dietary supplements is mis-identification of plants causing unintentional mixing-in (adulteration) of potentially harmful materials from other plant sources.[sup][2][/sup]

Many substances natural or synthetic are metabolized by the liver and have the potential to cause liver damage, it isn't unique to asprin

Do you guys notice how I keep my post short?

My mother has diabetes. Her only medication is bittermelon. We are all structurally different with different results. I know what I see.

Back
Top Bottom