Good Guy Lucifer Is An Underrated Meme

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

Originally Posted by cap1229

It is the fastest growing religion. @%%% if it isnt a humble statement. It's a fact.
Humility plays a very large role of Islam. 

Spare me. I personally don't give a %#*% about what Islam is about but is it NOT the fastest growing religion?

Originally Posted by tkthafm

Again, you claiming them to not be true/convincing etc means nothing. Plenty of others, including experts in their respective feels felt otherwise, many strongly enough to convert (already mentioned some). You aren't convinced. That's fine. There will always be non-believers, but this has no bearing on the legitimacy of the evidence provided.�

I can't provide a better "single evidence" than the Qur'an itself. It's a incomparable miracle on many different levels. Spare me the irrelevant pictures or oversimplifications of "you cant use the book saying its from God as evidence it's from God" .... because that's not what I'm doing. I'm looking at the content (linguistic/scientific/historical etc etc) and then making my conclusion. If a book is from God it must be perfect in every way correct ? I did my research and found this to be true for the Qur'an. There's still an element of faith, but no other religion on Earth can put forth as strong of a case, to the point where it actually becomes illogical to believe it's NOT divine. Just look at your inability to provide me with any reasonable alternative origin for the Qur'an. All of the ancient civilizations you mentioned never produced anything anywhere near the Qur'an alone. How could humans have possible came up with it ?�

If you watch this entire lecture with an open mind I don't see how you can still claim otherwise, unless you are�purposefully�refusing to admit you are wrong.

Why could it not have been possible for a human being to write it? Perfection is such a loosely defined concept, plenty of human beings are capable of perfection.

Originally Posted by Ballin

I Love You Silly Putty

devil.gif
 BACK OFF

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

It is the fastest growing religion. @%%% if it isnt a humble statement. It's a fact.
Humility plays a very large role of Islam. 

Spare me. I personally don't give a %#*% about what Islam is about but is it NOT the fastest growing religion?
grin.gif

laugh.gif

When did I say it was NOT? 

Originally Posted by RKO2004

The reason I said we are subject to change things because humans are the primary reason why so many suffer.

Putty you're a google master. Instead of looking up tools to refute my beliefs. Do some serious research for yourself with an open mind and heart. I can't answer all your questions. I wish I could but I don't have the answer to everything.

Open mind. Open heart.
I've read more pro-christian material than you would believe.
Do me a favor and make some suggestions.

I wonder if you've actually read any critiques of christian works.

Your problem is that you want me to read pro-christian works, while you haven't even read stuff about things outside of christianity or things that challenge it.

Why don't you take your own advice.

Here is like a fifth of my list of some suggestions I keep a list of:

Jawaharlal nehru

Alexis de Tocqueville

Jean Meslier

Karen Armstrong

David Hume

Shelley Kagan

Ariane Sherine

Richard Wiseman

Timothy Beal

Ayaan Hirsi Ali

Bart Ehrman

Rob Bryanton

Daniel Dennett

Craig Venter

Lawrence Krauss

James Baldwin

Bertrand Russell

Richard Dawkins

Anthony Pinn

Sikivu Hutchinson

Todd Stiefel

Sam Harris

Christoper Hitchens

John Loftus

Jerry A Coyne

Richard Elliot Friedman

Michael Onfray

Neil Shubin

Al Stefanelli

Victor Stenger

Penn Jillette

CJ Werleman

Dan Barker

John Allen Paulos

Julian Jaynes

AJ Ayer

Richard Carrier

Susan Blackmore

Helen Ellerbe

Richard Feynman

Stephen Hawking

Carl Sagan

Phillip Pullman

Robert Ingersoll

Marquis de Sade

Denis Diderot

Baron d'Holbach

Friedrich Engels

Alain de Botton

Auguste Comte (for you sociology majors)

Noam Chomsky

A. C. Grayling 

John Stuart Mill (for the utilitarian in you)

Jeremy Bentham

John Paul Sartre

Harriet Martineau

Peter Singer (this guy might make you stop doing everything 
laugh.gif
)

Hector Avalos

Before you've asked, this is my personal list that I use to keep up with people I need to check out and works I need to read. I'm about 50-60% through it but I keep adding onto it. 

Care to make any suggestions? 

No CS Lewis though...I've read it and its bunk. 
laugh.gif

Again, you claiming them to not be true/convincing etc means nothing.

2aew784.gif

Uh...Yeah it kinda does.

It means its not true. 
laugh.gif

Plenty of others, including experts in their respective feels felt otherwise, many strongly enough to convert (already mentioned some).

Your "Dr. Moore" had his claims debunked so much that he distanced himself from any work he did regarding islam. 
I suggest you keep up with your "sources" a little more closely. 

You aren't convinced. That's fine. There will always be non-believers, but this has no bearing on the legitimacy of the evidence provided.�

Yeah it does.

If your claims can't be asserted and proven then that inherently addresses a problem with the legitimacy of your conclusions.

Your evidence does not, by definition, hold weight. 

I can't provide a better "single evidence" than the Qur'an itself.

Using the Quran to prove the quran.
Great. 
eyes.gif
...how original... 
grin.gif

It's a incomparable miracle on many different levels.

miracles-e1297209344192.jpg

Spare me the irrelevant pictures or oversimplifications of "you cant use the book saying its from God as evidence it's from God" .... because that's not what I'm doing.
Thats EXACTLY what you just did. 
roll.gif

I'm looking at the content (linguistic/scientific/historical etc etc) and then making my conclusion.

Linguistics doesn't prove that there is an Islamic version of a god. 
Some of us still speak hebrew and the ancient languages that predated islam and arabic, does that make their gods more likely to exist?

If a book is from God it must be perfect in every way correct ?

Thats subjective. We give "god" the qualities of being "perfect" 
Its entirely reasonable that god may be an "imperfect" entity. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. 

I did my research and found this to be true for the Qur'an.

But you assigned YOUR PREFERENCES for beauty and perfection and ascribed it as fact.
Thats not an objective and measurable quality. 

One meter is One meter. We define one meter as the distance light travels in a vacuum in 1

I had a lot I want to respond to but I see Silly Putty was doing work last night
laugh.gif

How can one possibly think that passages WITHIN the Quaran can be used as EVIDENCE supporting the claim that it is divine? Like, I can't even wrap my head around that. The book you are claiming is holy... is proven to be so because of the book. My mind is blown. Evidence obviously means something completely different to you.

wow i dont think ive ever seen a longer post than the one silly putty typed on one of them last pages in this thread. jesus christ(no offense to anyone in here) i would never waste my time typing that much because most likely nobody is going to read it because its too long and its probably something likely stated already in this thread.

damn you guys are stubborn

So your explanation for the Qur'an and all it's proven miracles (evidences) is that it .... just happened ?

Powerful argument. I don't even know how to refute this logic.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to your response to the video though not expecting much more than poor logic, ignoring evidences and bad graphs .gif .jgp images.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

wow i dont think ive ever seen a longer post than the one silly putty typed on one of them last pages in this thread. jesus christ(no offense to anyone in here) i would never waste my time typing that much because most likely nobody is going to read it because its too long and its probably something likely stated already in this thread.

I have read everything in this thread. It's an interesting debate. Even the longest post by silly putty only takes a few minutes, if that, to read though. Some topics, like one on religion, SHOULD be thorough. It would be a damn shame to oversimplify something as big as the topic of religion. I really should be using this time to study though 
laugh.gif

So your explanation for the Qur'an and all it's proven miracles (evidences) is that it .... just happened ?
Name any proven miracle in the Quran.
Any one.

That is a legitimate miracle.

Just name ONE.

If miracles can happen in the koran, then the same miracles happen in the these spiderman comics because you haven't given a clear distinction as to why islam is so much more valid than belief in spiderman. 

Powerful argument. I don't even know how to refute this logic.

Logic, in and of itself, has a way of working that way.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to your response to the video though not expecting much more than poor logic, ignoring evidences and bad graphs .gif .jgp images.

*ahem*

You were the one that said Jews and christians and everyone that came before them were actually Muslims. 

What a brilliant and profound conclusion.

BRB, learning that I'm actually a muslim.  

Originally Posted by AKA LONGSTROKE

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

I have read everything in this thread. It's an interesting debate. Even the longest post by silly putty only takes a few minutes, if that, to read though. Some topics, like one on religion, SHOULD be thorough. It would be a damn shame to oversimplify something as big as the topic of religion. I really should be using this time to study though 
laugh.gif
He's illiterate, can't you tell? Therefore, he does not understand that there are capable people on this forum, then in this thread. 
Perhaps is Silly wrote in the THE CAT IN THE HAT rhyming style, he'd get it.
was a personal attack necessary? 

How is this guy still asking for examples, yet claiming to have looked at what I posted ?
laugh.gif

Refute the first video I posted under scientific miracles... (err, confirmation bias)

Spiderman comics (or any other book for that matter) contain the same linguistic/scientific/historical/societal impact miracles as the Qur'an ? Nah. Nothing parallels the Qur'an. Prove otherwise.
"Yeah, this book somehow contains all this previously unknown information without a single contradiction/mistake and I can't explain how it came to be... it just... happened... it can't be God... it just happened"

ohwell.gif

Again, you claiming them to not be true/convincing etc means nothing. Plenty of others, including experts in their respective feels felt otherwise, many strongly enough to convert (already mentioned some). You aren't convinced. That's fine. There will always be non-believers, but this has no bearing on the legitimacy of the evidence provided.�

I can't provide a better "single evidence" than the Qur'an itself. It's a incomparable miracle on many different levels. Spare me the irrelevant pictures or oversimplifications of "you cant use the book saying its from God as evidence it's from God" .... because that's not what I'm doing. I'm looking at the content (linguistic/scientific/historical etc etc) and then making my conclusion. If a book is from God it must be perfect in every way correct ? I did my research and found this to be true for the Qur'an. There's still an element of faith, but no other religion on Earth can put forth as strong of a case, to the point where it actually becomes illogical to believe it's NOT divine. Just look at your inability to provide me with any reasonable alternative origin for the Qur'an. All of the ancient civilizations you mentioned never produced anything anywhere near the Qur'an alone. How could humans have possible came up with it ?�

If you watch this entire lecture with an open mind I don't see how you can still claim otherwise, unless you are�purposefully�refusing to admit you are wrong.
With this logic, your defying of rationality, and your inability to provide evidence that the Quran in fact comes from Allah it being divine is just as likely as it being extraterrestrial. So where you say it came from GOD I can say it came from aliens.

Originally Posted by NjCollector

Sillyputty:longstroke

Amirite?

I thought so at first. they both like to belittle who they speak to but silly putty is not as bad. silly putty actually makes good points but longstroke just makes stuff up.
also silly putty doesnt threaten you via pm

Amirite?

I thought so at first. they both like to belittle who they speak to but silly putty is not as bad. silly putty actually makes good points but longstroke just makes stuff up.
also silly putty doesnt threaten you via pm

Amirite?

Youarewrong.
While we are both very smart, then able to present fact while using extreme logic and reason, we are separate individuals.

I hate Nike and Kobe Bryant, therefore all of the lovers of both, those like Noble Kane, take issue with my presence here.  

I don't know what Silly's position on both may be.

However we do agree on the following, God, if one exists, has never written anything down. Until one does, everything written for him should come under intense scrutiny.

laugh.gif
Have a good one!

Back
Top Bottom