Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

30t6p3b.gif
Meyer on some grimey #%$% 

Originally Posted by dreClark

Trelvis Tha Thrilla wrote:

I dont think there is many that would come in and beat TCU, Utah, BYU, and Air Force, but thats just my opinion.
Idk bro, that's not exactly murderers row.
I didnt say it was, but I also think you BCS guys undervalue non AQ-teams as much as your overvalue AQ teams.

I know TCU's schedule isnt great, thats not what this is about. Its the fact that all you AQ people want to talk about week in and week out when it simply isnt true. Is the MWC as hard as the SEC? No, but neither are any of the other conferences.

My comment was only about the teams you mentioned not about that other mess.

ok...

I dont think there is many that would come in and beat TCU, Utah, BYU, and Air Force, but thats just my opinion.
Idk bro, that's not exactly murderers row.
I didnt say it was, but I also think you BCS guys undervalue non AQ-teams as much as your overvalue AQ teams.

I know TCU's schedule isnt great, thats not what this is about. Its the fact that all you AQ people want to talk about week in and week out when it simply isnt true. Is the MWC as hard as the SEC? No, but neither are any of the other conferences.

My comment was only about the teams you mentioned not about that other mess.

ok...

Smh at Urban. Life has a way of catching up to us when we treat people like this.

Smh at Urban. Life has a way of catching up to us when we treat people like this.

Originally Posted by aepps20

and people were up in arms when CLK called him out for being a snake last season
laugh.gif

the theme of 2010 has been how *!$!$$ a person Urban Meyer is.

and people were up in arms when CLK called him out for being a snake last season
laugh.gif

Oregon State  4-4                    Quality wins: Arizona 29-27    Noteworthy Losses: Washington 35-34, UCLA 17-14
Tennessee Tech  4-5                Quality wins: None                  Noteworthy Losses: Southeast Missouri State, Tennessee-Martin, Austin Peay, Murray State
Baylor  7-3                               Quality wins: Kansas State 47-42, Texas 30-22 (I guess)  Noteworthy Losses: No one terrible yet
Southern Methodist  5-5          Quality wins: None unless you want to count Washington state or Tulane   Noteworthy Losses: Any decent team they've played
Colorado State  3-7                 Quality wins: Idaho 36-34  
laugh.gif
  Noteworthy Losses: Miami(OH) 31-10, San Diego State 49-27
Wyoming  2-8                           Quality wins: None                  Noteworthy Losses: Shorter to list who they've beat, Toledo and Southern Utah
BYU  4-5                                   Quality wins: None                  Noteworthy Losses: Utah State 31-16
Air Force 6-4                            Quality wins: None                  Noteworthy Losses: San Diego State 27-25
UNLV  1-8                                 Quality wins:
roll.gif
                Noteworthy Losses: Having a football team
Utah 8-1                                    Quality wins: None                  Noteworthy Losses: None

Just saying....

Oregon State  4-4                    Quality wins: Arizona 29-27    Noteworthy Losses: Washington 35-34, UCLA 17-14
Tennessee Tech  4-5                Quality wins: None                  Noteworthy Losses: Southeast Missouri State, Tennessee-Martin, Austin Peay, Murray State
Baylor  7-3                               Quality wins: Kansas State 47-42, Texas 30-22 (I guess)  Noteworthy Losses: No one terrible yet
Southern Methodist  5-5          Quality wins: None unless you want to count Washington state or Tulane   Noteworthy Losses: Any decent team they've played
laugh.gif
Wyoming  2-8                           Quality wins: None                  Noteworthy Losses: Shorter to list who they've beat, Toledo and Southern Utah
BYU  4-5                                   Quality wins: None                  Noteworthy Losses: Utah State 31-16
Air Force 6-4                            Quality wins: None                  Noteworthy Losses: San Diego State 27-25
roll.gif
Utah 8-1                                    Quality wins: None                  Noteworthy Losses: None

Just saying....

Originally Posted by Nako XL

laugh.gif

0728_large.jpg

urban-meyer-p1.jpg

MeyerUrban_100904_3623_TCasey.jpg

He wins. Y'all actually care about your coaches' personalities? "Just win baby" 
happy.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Nako XL

laugh.gif

0728_large.jpg

urban-meyer-p1.jpg

MeyerUrban_100904_3623_TCasey.jpg

He wins. Y'all actually care about your coaches' personalities? "Just win baby" 
happy.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

laugh.gif
roll.gif

Just saying....
I could do the same thing for Oregons schedule if you would like. We all know its full of 1,2, and 3 win teams. TCU has beat just as many ranked teams as Oregon has.

Portland State 2-7
roll.gif
roll.gif

Washington State 1-9
roll.gif
roll.gif

Tennessee 3-6
roll.gif

Washington 3-6
roll.gif
roll.gif

Im not in here to talk schedule trash talk. I am not in here to hype up the MWC. All I am saying is the "week in and week out" argument is false for every conference outside of the SEC and even still those teams still have cupcakes on their schedule also.

There is also not an advantage to being a non-AQ school. None of your favorite teams would switch places with TCU and Boise if they had to.

Also just FYI, you keep putting SDSU in noteworthy loss column, they are 7-2 and should be 8-1 if they wouldnt have been hosed by BYU review crew.

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

laugh.gif
roll.gif

Just saying....
I could do the same thing for Oregons schedule if you would like. We all know its full of 1,2, and 3 win teams. TCU has beat just as many ranked teams as Oregon has.

Portland State 2-7
roll.gif
roll.gif

Washington State 1-9
roll.gif
roll.gif

Tennessee 3-6
roll.gif

Washington 3-6
roll.gif
roll.gif

Im not in here to talk schedule trash talk. I am not in here to hype up the MWC. All I am saying is the "week in and week out" argument is false for every conference outside of the SEC and even still those teams still have cupcakes on their schedule also.

There is also not an advantage to being a non-AQ school. None of your favorite teams would switch places with TCU and Boise if they had to.

Also just FYI, you keep putting SDSU in noteworthy loss column, they are 7-2 and should be 8-1 if they wouldnt have been hosed by BYU review crew.

Didn't we go thru this same thing at the end of last yr too before TCU lost to Boise

Didn't we go thru this same thing at the end of last yr too before TCU lost to Boise

Originally Posted by henz0

What does last season have to do with this one?

What does last season have to do with this one?

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Newton scandal shows game stays same[/h1]
wetzel.png

By Dan Wetzel, Yahoo! Sports Nov 4, 8:41 pm EDT

So the best player on what may be the best team in college football was getting shopped around as a recruit last December for the low, low price of just $180,000.

At least, that was the deal presented to Mississippi State, according to an ESPN.com report Thursday. The Bulldogs were getting a discount for quarterback Cameron Newton because he supposedly liked their coach. The true rate, according to the website, was $200,000. It was set by a recruiting middleman named Kenny Rogers.

Mississippi State didn’t bite. Newton went to Auburn, has become the Heisman Trophy favorite and turned a reeling program into a potential BCS champion. Auburn isn’t commenting other than to assert Newton is still eligible to play. Newton’s family said they neither received any money nor authorized anyone to sell out their son. So who knows what’s true about a bombshell revelation that could change the complexion of the entire season.

Popular Yahoo! Stories

More From Dan Wetzel

[table][tr][td][size=-2]ADVERTISEMENT[/size]
[/td][/tr][/table]
b

1288917918.jpg

Cameron Newton's recruitment has been under scrutiny for almost a year.
(Joe Robbins / Getty Images)

The real issue though is this: if Auburn did pay someone $200,000 for the signature of Cam Newton they got an absolute steal.

He’s worth millions and that’s before they’re done counting the receipts on all the No. 2 jerseys sold or add up the extra donations from old men who get loose with a checkbook when they see a young man such as Newton carry the ball.

This is the real business of college football and only the most naive inside the sport even pretend that it is not.

It’s happening nearly everywhere with nearly everyone because no amount of NCAA legislation can stop the wheels of capitalism. The market will determine the value of a product and 29 touchdowns, nine victories and zero losses is worth a great deal more than tuition, room and board. It’s been that way for nearly a century.

[Photos: More of Heisman hopeful Cameron Newton in action]

As recruiting stories go, this is exactly how coaches quietly say it works – except for the 10 percent discount for Mississippi State. That was probably just a ploy to up the bidding. If Auburn did pay, then they paid $175,000 and Mississippi State was just getting played.

Recruiting agents don’t do double-coupon day. Nor should they, because coaches, athletic directors and the rest don’t agree to 10 percent pay cuts either.

In the end this is the same old story. College football’s power brokers write a bunch of lip-service rules in an effort to maintain the sports’ “amateurism

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Newton scandal shows game stays same[/h1]
wetzel.png

By Dan Wetzel, Yahoo! Sports Nov 4, 8:41 pm EDT

So the best player on what may be the best team in college football was getting shopped around as a recruit last December for the low, low price of just $180,000.

At least, that was the deal presented to Mississippi State, according to an ESPN.com report Thursday. The Bulldogs were getting a discount for quarterback Cameron Newton because he supposedly liked their coach. The true rate, according to the website, was $200,000. It was set by a recruiting middleman named Kenny Rogers.

Mississippi State didn’t bite. Newton went to Auburn, has become the Heisman Trophy favorite and turned a reeling program into a potential BCS champion. Auburn isn’t commenting other than to assert Newton is still eligible to play. Newton’s family said they neither received any money nor authorized anyone to sell out their son. So who knows what’s true about a bombshell revelation that could change the complexion of the entire season.

Popular Yahoo! Stories

More From Dan Wetzel

[table][tr][td][size=-2]ADVERTISEMENT[/size]
[/td][/tr][/table]
b

1288917918.jpg

Cameron Newton's recruitment has been under scrutiny for almost a year.
(Joe Robbins / Getty Images)

The real issue though is this: if Auburn did pay someone $200,000 for the signature of Cam Newton they got an absolute steal.

He’s worth millions and that’s before they’re done counting the receipts on all the No. 2 jerseys sold or add up the extra donations from old men who get loose with a checkbook when they see a young man such as Newton carry the ball.

This is the real business of college football and only the most naive inside the sport even pretend that it is not.

It’s happening nearly everywhere with nearly everyone because no amount of NCAA legislation can stop the wheels of capitalism. The market will determine the value of a product and 29 touchdowns, nine victories and zero losses is worth a great deal more than tuition, room and board. It’s been that way for nearly a century.

[Photos: More of Heisman hopeful Cameron Newton in action]

As recruiting stories go, this is exactly how coaches quietly say it works – except for the 10 percent discount for Mississippi State. That was probably just a ploy to up the bidding. If Auburn did pay, then they paid $175,000 and Mississippi State was just getting played.

Recruiting agents don’t do double-coupon day. Nor should they, because coaches, athletic directors and the rest don’t agree to 10 percent pay cuts either.

In the end this is the same old story. College football’s power brokers write a bunch of lip-service rules in an effort to maintain the sports’ “amateurism

yes.  it's exhausting.

trelvis always tries to argue tcu is a legitimate team based on their performance against garbage mid-major programs.  he uses examples like "oregon state is 4-4!!!"  "Tennessee is 3-6!!!"  like those teams wouldn't have winnings records in the mwc.

people need to just leave it alone until tcu stumbles.  other than that it's a bunch of arguing over what-ifs, and he doesn't want to hear otherwise.

yes.  it's exhausting.

trelvis always tries to argue tcu is a legitimate team based on their performance against garbage mid-major programs.  he uses examples like "oregon state is 4-4!!!"  "Tennessee is 3-6!!!"  like those teams wouldn't have winnings records in the mwc.

people need to just leave it alone until tcu stumbles.  other than that it's a bunch of arguing over what-ifs, and he doesn't want to hear otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom