Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

Originally Posted by Nako XL

trelvis always tries to argue tcu is a legitimate team based on their performance against garbage mid-major programs. 
Please give me reasons why TCU isnt a legitimate team?

Is it because TCU is 70-2 under head coach Gary Patterson when allowing 17 points or less?

Is it because TCU remains the only team in the nation to surrender less than 200 yards in the air in every game this season?

Is it because TCU has a top 5 defense year in and year out?

Is it because neither Auburn or Oregon have gone on the road and destroyed a top 10 team like TCU did?

I would love to hear your reasoning.

other than that it's a bunch of arguing over what-ifs, and he doesn't want to hear otherwise.
And you dont want to hear otherwise. Everything you have posted is what-if's and almosts, and everything else. Its your opinion, just like everything I have posted is my opinion.

trelvis always tries to argue tcu is a legitimate team based on their performance against garbage mid-major programs. 

Is it because TCU is 70-2 under head coach Gary Patterson when allowing 17 points or less?

Is it because TCU remains the only team in the nation to surrender less than 200 yards in the air in every game this season?

Is it because neither Auburn or Oregon have gone on the road and destroyed a top 10 team like TCU did?

other than that it's a bunch of arguing over what-ifs, and he doesn't want to hear otherwise.
And you dont want to hear otherwise. Everything you have posted is what-if's and almosts, and everything else. Its your opinion, just like everything I have posted is my opinion.

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

TCU should join a real conference then talk
laugh.gif
Thats a good one. I guess our application to the SEC got lost in the mail or something. I wish they would hurry up and accept us so we can start playing in a real conference.

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

TCU should join a real conference then talk
laugh.gif
Thats a good one. I guess our application to the SEC got lost in the mail or something. I wish they would hurry up and accept us so we can start playing in a real conference.

I guess it's time to add TCU to Boise St.  Good team, idiot fans.  Aren't you a sports broadcaster?  Well I guess homerism isn't a disqualifying offense for that profession.

edit: SDSU is 7-2 against %*@* teams.  Record means nothing until you consider who they've played. OoooooooooOOOOOOOooooooooooo they beat Air Force!  Let me mail them a ribbon
indifferent.gif

I guess it's time to add TCU to Boise St.  Good team, idiot fans.  Aren't you a sports broadcaster?  Well I guess homerism isn't a disqualifying offense for that profession.

edit: SDSU is 7-2 against %*@* teams.  Record means nothing until you consider who they've played. OoooooooooOOOOOOOooooooooooo they beat Air Force!  Let me mail them a ribbon
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

this is why i say, you're not trying to hear otherwise.  you ignore points people make and see the arguments you want to.

i didn't say tcu isn't a legitimate team.  i said you're reasoning for WHY they are is bad, i.e. beating the hell out of colorado state, wyoming, and unlv every year and acting like that means anything.  there are d1-aa teams legitimately better than them.

i am posting a lot of what-if's and opinions.

And my opinion is that none of the stats you quoted mean ANYTHING when you factor in who they were accomplished against.

It's easy to field a top flight defense statistically, when you only face 2 real offenses a year (bowl game included.)

So how can you claim what TCU would do in so and so conference, when there's absolutely no proof of that.  You faced a "middling" to "bad" Pac10 team and gave up points.  They played you well.  So what makes you think that game would be the exception and not the rule to how you would perform against any other AQ school?

see what I mean by what-if's?  "We have the best pass defense in the country!!" Sure. Against Air Force.

this is why i say, you're not trying to hear otherwise.  you ignore points people make and see the arguments you want to.

i didn't say tcu isn't a legitimate team.  i said you're reasoning for WHY they are is bad, i.e. beating the hell out of colorado state, wyoming, and unlv every year and acting like that means anything.  there are d1-aa teams legitimately better than them.

i am posting a lot of what-if's and opinions.

And my opinion is that none of the stats you quoted mean ANYTHING when you factor in who they were accomplished against.

It's easy to field a top flight defense statistically, when you only face 2 real offenses a year (bowl game included.)

So how can you claim what TCU would do in so and so conference, when there's absolutely no proof of that.  You faced a "middling" to "bad" Pac10 team and gave up points.  They played you well.  So what makes you think that game would be the exception and not the rule to how you would perform against any other AQ school?

see what I mean by what-if's?  "We have the best pass defense in the country!!" Sure. Against Air Force.

TCU.  BLAH BLAH BCS BLAH BLAH TCU BLAH BLAH STATS BLAH. STRENGTH OF SCHEDULE BLAH BLAH BLAH, BCS BLAH BLAH TCU. SEC BLAH BLAH. TCU BLAH BLAH OREGON BLAH BLAH PAC-10 BLAH BLAH BLAH TCU BLAH STATS. BLAH BLAH BLAH TCU BLAH BCS. TCU.

TCU.  BLAH BLAH BCS BLAH BLAH TCU BLAH BLAH STATS BLAH. STRENGTH OF SCHEDULE BLAH BLAH BLAH, BCS BLAH BLAH TCU. SEC BLAH BLAH. TCU BLAH BLAH OREGON BLAH BLAH PAC-10 BLAH BLAH BLAH TCU BLAH STATS. BLAH BLAH BLAH TCU BLAH BCS. TCU.

The season is playing out eerily similar to last year's at the top: just replace Texas and Bama with Oregon and Auburn and you still have TCU and Boise clamoring for respect after only beating maybe 2 decent teams all year long. And Thrilla everyone knows Utah wasn't worthy of a top 10 ranking they just kept moving up b/c everyone else was losing.

I still think the voters don't have the guts at the end of the season to vote TCU or Boise into the title game over a 1-loss Auburn, Oregon, or LSU.

The season is playing out eerily similar to last year's at the top: just replace Texas and Bama with Oregon and Auburn and you still have TCU and Boise clamoring for respect after only beating maybe 2 decent teams all year long. And Thrilla everyone knows Utah wasn't worthy of a top 10 ranking they just kept moving up b/c everyone else was losing.

I still think the voters don't have the guts at the end of the season to vote TCU or Boise into the title game over a 1-loss Auburn, Oregon, or LSU.

I watch the games. Its not just about who they beat up on. The same could be said for Oregon right now. If you actually watch these teams play, it is clear who the best ones are. Oregon, Auburn, TCU, and Boise are the best teams in the country right now and if you actually watched all these teams play, you would see that. Its not just me saying TCU is legit, they are #3 in the country for a reason.

So how can you claim what TCU would do in so and so conference, when there's absolutely no proof of that.

And this is my point. Its my opinion that TCU would do fine in so and so conference. Your opinion is that they would not. We have differing opinions. The what if's you post are no more valid that any what if I posted.

If you want to keep using the Oregon State example, that is fine. You might also want to go back and check the box score also. TCU dominated every aspect of that game. More first downs 28-13, more yards 453- 255, more rushing yards 278-73, etc...The 2 turnovers by TCU were only reason Beavers were ever in the game.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

And Thrilla everyone knows Utah wasn't worthy of a top 10 ranking they just kept moving up b/c everyone else was losing.
I know, they were obviously overrated. I cant control where they are ranked though.

I watch the games. Its not just about who they beat up on. The same could be said for Oregon right now. If you actually watch these teams play, it is clear who the best ones are. Oregon, Auburn, TCU, and Boise are the best teams in the country right now and if you actually watched all these teams play, you would see that. Its not just me saying TCU is legit, they are #3 in the country for a reason.

So how can you claim what TCU would do in so and so conference, when there's absolutely no proof of that.

And this is my point. Its my opinion that TCU would do fine in so and so conference. Your opinion is that they would not. We have differing opinions. The what if's you post are no more valid that any what if I posted.

If you want to keep using the Oregon State example, that is fine. You might also want to go back and check the box score also. TCU dominated every aspect of that game. More first downs 28-13, more yards 453- 255, more rushing yards 278-73, etc...The 2 turnovers by TCU were only reason Beavers were ever in the game.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

And Thrilla everyone knows Utah wasn't worthy of a top 10 ranking they just kept moving up b/c everyone else was losing.
I know, they were obviously overrated. I cant control where they are ranked though.

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

Well I guess homerism isn't a disqualifying offense for that profession.
So me saying TCU is a legit team is being a homer. Ok. So what is everyone else that has them at #3? What are they?

So me saying TCU is a legit team is being a homer. Ok. So what is everyone else that has them at #3? What are they?

Man I hope TCU makes it to the title game, that would be 
pimp.gif

I really don't know how well TCU stacks up against the top BCS teams this year but that's the beauty of college football, we rarely get to know. Fans always want to destroy TCU and Boise and Utah, etc yet you will never see their teams go play at these places.

We got major schools who refuse to ever play anyone of importance non conference, we got schools who have coaches being handed 8 home games every year, we got Ohio State sitting as high as 7 in the polls yet they have not beaten one single team currently ranked in the Top 25. It's always a crapshoot. College football baby
pimp.gif

Man I hope TCU makes it to the title game, that would be 
pimp.gif

I really don't know how well TCU stacks up against the top BCS teams this year but that's the beauty of college football, we rarely get to know. Fans always want to destroy TCU and Boise and Utah, etc yet you will never see their teams go play at these places.

We got major schools who refuse to ever play anyone of importance non conference, we got schools who have coaches being handed 8 home games every year, we got Ohio State sitting as high as 7 in the polls yet they have not beaten one single team currently ranked in the Top 25. It's always a crapshoot. College football baby
pimp.gif

No, TCU is a legit team.  You're nonsense about TCU would run this conference, that conference, and blah blah blah is why you're a homer.  You ignoring other people's points or trying to skew them to support your side of the argument makes you a homer.  Also responses such as your response to my post of TCU's schedule as if I am unaware (and disappointed) in Oregon's OOC schedule and that the Washington schools suck the life out of the Pac-10.  I ranked them at #3 myself, but that's doesn't mean I think they can waltz into any conference and frolic to a conference championship.

Back
Top Bottom