Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

Im with Gunna on this one. An Auburn/Florida SECCG needs to happen.
this 
laugh.gif
@ the auburn board getting to the bottom of this 
laugh.gif

Gunna, take that garbage !#% CBS "We are protecting our interest in the SEC" story down.

"Consider the Source" ?

My !#%.

SC was brought down by an ex-con.  When you build of house of cards, eventually it will tumble down.  Looks like Killa Cam's house of cards is about to fall.  Too much smoke coming out of this.  The only question is, will Auburn continue to play Cam despite the possibility of retroactive ineligibility?

SEC teams ratting each other out,
smokin.gif
.  Greed is %*##$%% good.

Man, Mississippi State is just mad that he didn't choose them and Florida is mad that he left. Both those butt hurt schools are just trying to throw him under the bus like a bunch of dirt bags
30t6p3b.gif

What if he indeed took cash?

Gunna, take that garbage !#% CBS "We are protecting our interest in the SEC" story down.

"Consider the Source" ?

My !#%.

SC was brought down by an ex-con.  When you build of house of cards, eventually it will tumble down.  Looks like Killa Cam's house of cards is about to fall.  Too much smoke coming out of this.  The only question is, will Auburn continue to play Cam despite the possibility of retroactive ineligibility?

SEC teams ratting each other out,
smokin.gif
.  Greed is %*##$%% good.

Man, Mississippi State is just mad that he didn't choose them and Florida is mad that he left. Both those butt hurt schools are just trying to throw him under the bus like a bunch of dirt bags
30t6p3b.gif

What if he indeed took cash?

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Too much smoke coming out of this. 

My sentiments exactly. Given what we've seen in the past, you'd be naive to think that this is just bitter rivalry. 
There is fire surrounding this and if any of these weren't true, including the academic cheating, you'd think Cam himself would've came out and put this to rest by denying it. Too much smoke indeed. Just how long can they mask it?

I hate to say, because Newton is fun to watch, but LaMichael James is the new front runner for Heisman. Sorry.

Too much smoke coming out of this. 

My sentiments exactly. Given what we've seen in the past, you'd be naive to think that this is just bitter rivalry. 
There is fire surrounding this and if any of these weren't true, including the academic cheating, you'd think Cam himself would've came out and put this to rest by denying it. Too much smoke indeed. Just how long can they mask it?

I hate to say, because Newton is fun to watch, but LaMichael James is the new front runner for Heisman. Sorry.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
too much smoke about what ? Cheating? laughable. Cam dont have to acknowledge or deny $*%! about any cheating. there's nothing to be done about that even if he did cheat. you believe UF just let a man get caught cheating and plagiarising 3 times? if so, UF is a horse $*%! institution and looks like a scorned lover. why they aint crack the boy when he was there getting CAUGHT
laugh.gif

Cam Cheating is IRRELEVANT to anything going on today tomorrow or for years to come. there is nothing that can come of it. that was a "smear" job.

and on to money...

who gave Cam money? who even got money? Miss St guy said a guy mentioned money and but shut the convo down, correct? so where's the money? The proper authorities have known about this accusation since July, so why the story breakin now even tho nothing has been found by then NCAA and SEC since then

and why would the NCAA only hear about that in July? Cam was a January enrollee...

Ironman, your so jaded. everything with you always reverts back to USC's probation somehow, someway. it does...
laugh.gif

where and when has Auburn been implicated in any of this?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
too much smoke about what ? Cheating? laughable. Cam dont have to acknowledge or deny $*%! about any cheating. there's nothing to be done about that even if he did cheat. you believe UF just let a man get caught cheating and plagiarising 3 times? if so, UF is a horse $*%! institution and looks like a scorned lover. why they aint crack the boy when he was there getting CAUGHT
laugh.gif

Cam Cheating is IRRELEVANT to anything going on today tomorrow or for years to come. there is nothing that can come of it. that was a "smear" job.

and on to money...

who gave Cam money? who even got money? Miss St guy said a guy mentioned money and but shut the convo down, correct? so where's the money? The proper authorities have known about this accusation since July, so why the story breakin now even tho nothing has been found by then NCAA and SEC since then

and why would the NCAA only hear about that in July? Cam was a January enrollee...

Ironman, your so jaded. everything with you always reverts back to USC's probation somehow, someway. it does...
laugh.gif

where and when has Auburn been implicated in any of this?

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT
laugh.gif

You're defending Cam like he's your boyfriend, c'mon duke.

It just reverts to SC 'cause it's fresh, it just happened.  It can easily be referenced because everyone knows the details.  The sources that got Reggie caught were shoddy at best.

The Cam money trail is being found. 

Two sources who recruit for Mississippi State said that Cecil Newton and his son, quarterback Cam Newton, admitted in separate phone conversations to a pay-for-play plan while Newton was being recruited late last year.

Mississippi State compliance officials relayed the alleged conversations to Southeastern Conference compliance officials in January, according to two other sources close to the football program.

Prior to Newton's commitment to Auburn, one of the recruiters said Cecil Newton told him it would take "more than a scholarship" to bring his son to Mississippi State, a request the source said the school would not meet. Cecil Newton also referred the recruiter to a third person that would provide more specifics, the source said.

[h4][/h4]
[h4]SEC blog[/h4]
low_chris_m.jpg
ESPN.com's Chris Low writes about all things SEC in his conference blog.

• Blog network:
College Football Nation

After Newton committed to Auburn, another source said an emotional Cam Newton phoned another recruiter to express regret that he wouldn't be going to Mississippi State, stating that his father Cecil had chosen Auburn for him because "the money was too much."

The NCAA is investigating allegations surrounding the Newtons in regards to the recruiting process. Cam Newton, who is having a Heisman-caliber season for No. 2 Auburn, declined comment.

Cecil Newton, who previously has denied any wrongdoing, did not respond to an e-mail request for comment Tuesday night.

However, when reached late Tuesday night by phone by FoxSports.com, Cecil Newton said he had no comment.

"I'm not going to confirm nor deny nothing that has been taking place," Cecil Newton said.

He also said he knew nothing about the report when asked if he'd seen it.

"I've answered what I need to answer," Cecil Newton told FoxSports.com. "If they're out there, go with it and make the decision or determination based on whatever you've got to say."

Cecil Newton also described all of the allegations about his son as "a witch hunt," according to FoxSports.com.

"They can continue doing whatever they're doing, sir," Cecil Newton told the website. "I'm just in support of my son."

Auburn did not respond to a request for comment. The school has repeatedly said it looked into Newton's recruitment and that he remains eligible.

Earlier Tuesday, Auburn found itself defending Newton in the wake of allegations of academic cheating when he was at Florida. The Tigers' coach, Gene Chizik, dismissed a FoxSports.com report as "pure garbage" in an emotional 4-minute, 25-second rant.

"I'm standing up here on a very important week trying to defend something that's garbage," Chizik said. Auburn faces Georgia on Saturday.

FoxSports.com reported Monday that Newton was caught cheating three times and was to appear for a hearing in front of Florida's Student Committee facing possible expulsion during the spring semester of 2009.

Newton transferred to Blinn Junior College in Brenham, Texas, where he played last season. He declined to discuss the latest report, which came on the heels of former Mississippi State quarterback John Bond telling ESPN.com that someone claiming to represent the Newton family sought money during his recruitment by the school.

Sources told ESPN.com the man who said he was representing the Newtons was Kenny Rogers, who played in the 1980s for Mississippi State alongside Bond.

"I'm not going to entertain something that took place not three months, not six months, not a year but two years ago," Cam Newton said. "I'm not going to sit up here and say anything about it, whether I did or did not do it, because I don't want to beat a dead horse talking about it. It's not going to affect me any way, shape or fashion."

In Gainesville, Florida coach Urban Meyer said in a statement that neither he nor anyone on his staff leaked information on Newton's academic record, calling it a "ridiculous claim."

"For anyone to think that I or anyone on our staff may have leaked information about private student records to the media doesn't know us very well," Meyer said. "It's a ridiculous claim and simply not true."

Cam Newton said Meyer was a man of integrity.

"I would hope he wouldn't say anything like that," he said.

Meanwhile, Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops, who also recruited Newton out of Blinn, said he saw "nothing at all" out of the ordinary during that process.

"Our recruitment of Cameron could not have been better, or was just fine," Stoops said. "I didn't notice anything and none of our coaches did as we were recruiting him."

Cecil Newton is pastor of Holy Zion Center of Deliverance, a small church located in a commercial building in Newnan, Ga., southwest of Atlanta.

Documents obtained Friday by The Associated Press through an open records request show the city has been pressuring the minister to make some $50,000 in repairs to the structure since June 2008. An inspector found multiple problems, including a lack of smoke detectors, sprinklers and rear exits; moldy insulation; faulty wiring; rotting wooden doors and broken windows.

An abandoned structure needed to be demolished behind the church building, according to a letter from the city, and the grass had to be cut because of safety hazards to the public.

The city issued the first of three separate permits for work at the site in May 2009, records show. The town's newspaper, The Times-Herald, quoted Cecil Newton as telling the City Council in September 2009 that the church had the money for the repairs.

But it wasn't until last month that city officials agreed to take the structure off a list of buildings that could be condemned and demolished.

Cecil Newton would not say where his church got the money to perform the improvements required by the city.

"I'm not going to get into something like that," he told The Associated Press in a brief telephone interview Friday.
BTW- The Feds (FBI) just got involved.  Want to talk to John Bond about him shopping multiple players to multiple schools.

Who's jaded?

I was suprised as hell as to what the NCAA used to punish SC because of Reggie, it's comical.  So seeing all this smoke and most of you just dismissing it is rather naive.  The NCAA at this juncture has more on Cam than they had on Reggie, think about it.

I agree that the cheating scandal at UF is very irrelevant and only makes UF look bad.  *$+# UF, and *$+# Urban Meyer.  CLK calls it like he see's it, and he called CUM a snake a long time ago.

Cam is going to bounce and make his money in the L anyway.

laugh.gif

It just reverts to SC 'cause it's fresh, it just happened.  It can easily be referenced because everyone knows the details.  The sources that got Reggie caught were shoddy at best.

Two sources who recruit for Mississippi State said that Cecil Newton and his son, quarterback Cam Newton, admitted in separate phone conversations to a pay-for-play plan while Newton was being recruited late last year.

Mississippi State compliance officials relayed the alleged conversations to Southeastern Conference compliance officials in January, according to two other sources close to the football program.

Prior to Newton's commitment to Auburn, one of the recruiters said Cecil Newton told him it would take "more than a scholarship" to bring his son to Mississippi State, a request the source said the school would not meet. Cecil Newton also referred the recruiter to a third person that would provide more specifics, the source said.

[h4][/h4]
[h4]SEC blog[/h4]
low_chris_m.jpg

• Blog network:
College Football Nation

After Newton committed to Auburn, another source said an emotional Cam Newton phoned another recruiter to express regret that he wouldn't be going to Mississippi State, stating that his father Cecil had chosen Auburn for him because "the money was too much."

The NCAA is investigating allegations surrounding the Newtons in regards to the recruiting process. Cam Newton, who is having a Heisman-caliber season for No. 2 Auburn, declined comment.

Cecil Newton, who previously has denied any wrongdoing, did not respond to an e-mail request for comment Tuesday night.

However, when reached late Tuesday night by phone by FoxSports.com, Cecil Newton said he had no comment.

"I'm not going to confirm nor deny nothing that has been taking place," Cecil Newton said.

"I've answered what I need to answer," Cecil Newton told FoxSports.com. "If they're out there, go with it and make the decision or determination based on whatever you've got to say."

Cecil Newton also described all of the allegations about his son as "a witch hunt," according to FoxSports.com.

"They can continue doing whatever they're doing, sir," Cecil Newton told the website. "I'm just in support of my son."

Auburn did not respond to a request for comment. The school has repeatedly said it looked into Newton's recruitment and that he remains eligible.

Earlier Tuesday, Auburn found itself defending Newton in the wake of allegations of academic cheating when he was at Florida. The Tigers' coach, Gene Chizik, dismissed a FoxSports.com report as "pure garbage" in an emotional 4-minute, 25-second rant.

"I'm standing up here on a very important week trying to defend something that's garbage," Chizik said. Auburn faces Georgia on Saturday.

FoxSports.com reported Monday that Newton was caught cheating three times and was to appear for a hearing in front of Florida's Student Committee facing possible expulsion during the spring semester of 2009.

Newton transferred to Blinn Junior College in Brenham, Texas, where he played last season. He declined to discuss the latest report, which came on the heels of former Mississippi State quarterback John Bond telling ESPN.com that someone claiming to represent the Newton family sought money during his recruitment by the school.

Sources told ESPN.com the man who said he was representing the Newtons was Kenny Rogers, who played in the 1980s for Mississippi State alongside Bond.

"I'm not going to entertain something that took place not three months, not six months, not a year but two years ago," Cam Newton said. "I'm not going to sit up here and say anything about it, whether I did or did not do it, because I don't want to beat a dead horse talking about it. It's not going to affect me any way, shape or fashion."

In Gainesville, Florida coach Urban Meyer said in a statement that neither he nor anyone on his staff leaked information on Newton's academic record, calling it a "ridiculous claim."

"For anyone to think that I or anyone on our staff may have leaked information about private student records to the media doesn't know us very well," Meyer said. "It's a ridiculous claim and simply not true."

Meanwhile, Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops, who also recruited Newton out of Blinn, said he saw "nothing at all" out of the ordinary during that process.

"Our recruitment of Cameron could not have been better, or was just fine," Stoops said. "I didn't notice anything and none of our coaches did as we were recruiting him."

Cecil Newton is pastor of Holy Zion Center of Deliverance, a small church located in a commercial building in Newnan, Ga., southwest of Atlanta.

Documents obtained Friday by The Associated Press through an open records request show the city has been pressuring the minister to make some $50,000 in repairs to the structure since June 2008. An inspector found multiple problems, including a lack of smoke detectors, sprinklers and rear exits; moldy insulation; faulty wiring; rotting wooden doors and broken windows.

An abandoned structure needed to be demolished behind the church building, according to a letter from the city, and the grass had to be cut because of safety hazards to the public.

The city issued the first of three separate permits for work at the site in May 2009, records show. The town's newspaper, The Times-Herald, quoted Cecil Newton as telling the City Council in September 2009 that the church had the money for the repairs.

But it wasn't until last month that city officials agreed to take the structure off a list of buildings that could be condemned and demolished.

Cecil Newton would not say where his church got the money to perform the improvements required by the city.

"I'm not going to get into something like that," he told The Associated Press in a brief telephone interview Friday.
BTW- The Feds (FBI) just got involved.  Want to talk to John Bond about him shopping multiple players to multiple schools.

Who's jaded?

I was suprised as hell as to what the NCAA used to punish SC because of Reggie, it's comical.  So seeing all this smoke and most of you just dismissing it is rather naive.  The NCAA at this juncture has more on Cam than they had on Reggie, think about it.

I agree that the cheating scandal at UF is very irrelevant and only makes UF look bad.  *$+# UF, and *$+# Urban Meyer.  CLK calls it like he see's it, and he called CUM a snake a long time ago.

laugh.gif

[h4][/h4]
[h4]SEC blog[/h4]
low_chris_m.jpg

• Blog network:
College Football Nation

Who's jaded?

Man, forget about the fact that your team just took a major L this year and step back.  Florida coming out with that news about Cam failing and about to be expelled??  What the hell does that have to do with anything other than them trying to throw dirt on his name??  They just look like a mad ex that can stand to see someone they had have success.  And Miss St. looks the same, they were mad because he didn't commit.  And there sure as hell was more money to be had at Auburn, which team is going to give him a better chance at being a pro prospect??? Miss St. hasn't been relevant ever, by going to a marquee school like Auburn he was putting himself in a better position to make more money at the next level.  The thing is you don't know the context of those phone calls, they could have really been talking about what I said right there.  Until there is hard evidence, such as recorded phone calls that turn these speculations into facts, nobody should be throwing around these crazy accusations.

Im not defending anyone. Just pointing out which people look like some clowns. the Miss St guys and UF resemble some wet Vaginas right now Its funny. comedy at its best.

do you have the whole story on the Newtons church tho and their money situation? cus there are more articles out there besides that one....

i am not naive and of course it could have happened but the way the Miss St ppl are selling it the this dude off the street asked for money and didnt get any, so where's the impropriety?

and really, what halfway criminal tells a team, "yea Im not signing with you because this other team just gave us way too much money to turn down"
laugh.gif
Might as well just have called Miles Brand and left him a Voice mail and a text msg

laugh.gif

[h4][/h4]
[h4]SEC blog[/h4]
low_chris_m.jpg

• Blog network:
College Football Nation

Who's jaded?

Man, forget about the fact that your team just took a major L this year and step back.  Florida coming out with that news about Cam failing and about to be expelled??  What the hell does that have to do with anything other than them trying to throw dirt on his name??  They just look like a mad ex that can stand to see someone they had have success.  And Miss St. looks the same, they were mad because he didn't commit.  And there sure as hell was more money to be had at Auburn, which team is going to give him a better chance at being a pro prospect??? Miss St. hasn't been relevant ever, by going to a marquee school like Auburn he was putting himself in a better position to make more money at the next level.  The thing is you don't know the context of those phone calls, they could have really been talking about what I said right there.  Until there is hard evidence, such as recorded phone calls that turn these speculations into facts, nobody should be throwing around these crazy accusations.

Im not defending anyone. Just pointing out which people look like some clowns. the Miss St guys and UF resemble some wet Vaginas right now Its funny. comedy at its best.

do you have the whole story on the Newtons church tho and their money situation? cus there are more articles out there besides that one....

i am not naive and of course it could have happened but the way the Miss St ppl are selling it the this dude off the street asked for money and didnt get any, so where's the impropriety?

and really, what halfway criminal tells a team, "yea Im not signing with you because this other team just gave us way too much money to turn down"
laugh.gif
Might as well just have called Miles Brand and left him a Voice mail and a text msg

NCAA has more on Cam than they had on Bush?

What!

Iron man bruh, Youre crazy!

Maybe you forgot that Bush Settled his lawsuit with Lake therefore admitting the guy gave the family money
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

thats how dumb Bush and his family were, instead of just paying off the guy quietly before Lake would make a stink about things, they let it get to court, making it public record

your out your mind if you think the accusations being thrown are "more than what Bush" had on him

NCAA has more on Cam than they had on Bush?

What!

Iron man bruh, Youre crazy!

Maybe you forgot that Bush Settled his lawsuit with Lake therefore admitting the guy gave the family money
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

thats how dumb Bush and his family were, instead of just paying off the guy quietly before Lake would make a stink about things, they let it get to court, making it public record

your out your mind if you think the accusations being thrown are "more than what Bush" had on him

It always starts with people that get scorned though, it's nothing new. 
laugh.gif

It took the NCAA 5 years to build a case on Bush.

I should clarify, they have more on Cam now than they had on Bush at the same juncture of their "respective" investigations.

You guys are really surprised that the NCAA has had this info since January and still let Cam play.  NCAA moves slow.

I don't have anything against Cam or Auburn, and I know CFB is a dirty game.  I think the NCAA is a joke.

I'm just saying you guys shouldn't dismiss it so easily and that there is a lot of smoke here.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Nobody admitted a damn thing.  Bush didn't even give sworn testimony.  Settlement =/= Admission of guilt.  Plus, nothing new came out of these public records.  Lake just repeated everything that was already out there.

The Bush's handled it poorly, it has been redundantly discussed on various SC message boards.

It always starts with people that get scorned though, it's nothing new. 
laugh.gif

It took the NCAA 5 years to build a case on Bush.

I should clarify, they have more on Cam now than they had on Bush at the same juncture of their "respective" investigations.

You guys are really surprised that the NCAA has had this info since January and still let Cam play.  NCAA moves slow.

I don't have anything against Cam or Auburn, and I know CFB is a dirty game.  I think the NCAA is a joke.

I'm just saying you guys shouldn't dismiss it so easily and that there is a lot of smoke here.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Nobody admitted a damn thing.  Bush didn't even give sworn testimony.  Settlement =/= Admission of guilt.  Plus, nothing new came out of these public records.  Lake just repeated everything that was already out there.

The Bush's handled it poorly, it has been redundantly discussed on various SC message boards.

I know, thats why Bush settled. He was about to hit the stand that next day, it was all going to come out. him paying back that money = admitting they took money

I know, thats why Bush settled. He was about to hit the stand that next day, it was all going to come out. him paying back that money = admitting they took money

Back
Top Bottom