Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

laugh.gif
Im still laughin at him trying to pronounce Prince's name

Nick Fairley doesnt look a LB over 245 wha da hell
Well fitted suits are sliming I guess.  Yeah he really does not look that big.

pimp.gif
Kendall

way to come back from that knee injury

whoa! Drake Nevis isnt a Camp all american, kinda surprised by that

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

why because it questioned Oregon's Offense being dubbed Elite ?

there was alot of solid stuff in there
I only question it because of his logic. Of course, I think every year these kinds of questions are going to be raised about a number of programs.
Who exactly did USC play in 2005 that had a great defense? That team has been labeled the greatest offense in college football history. I would definitely say that offense was elite. I'm not saying Oregon 2010 is USC 2005, but rather that you can't exactly say that Oregon's offense is overrated because they haven't played an "elite" defense. Who's to say they aren't just THAT much better than their competition? There's no way of knowing.
Oregon's offense could be stopped though, by a decent defense with enough depth.

Cal laid out the ground work this year, Ohio State did it last year, rotate your linemen and have decent enough corners to play man coverage.  Oregon's WR's are not exactly studs, but they do know how to find holes in zone coverage.  Especially Maehl and the TE.  A decent safety or LB'er that can spy Thomas goes a long way as well.

Please don't compare the 2005 USC team to the 2010 Oregon team...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by I FR3SH I

Why exactly is DJ Williams getting an award? He didnt do anything

Won the Mackey award, but son does a lot  of good that isn't seen, especially after the background story to his life.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Sorkoram

Won the Mackey award, but son does a lot  of good that isn't seen, especially after the background story to his life.
pimp.gif

I was talking about the spirit award. What did he do to deserve it? His mom should have gotten that

Originally Posted by Sorkoram

pimp.gif

I was talking about the spirit award. What did he do to deserve it? His mom should have gotten that

The off-the-field stuff didn't get shown, that's what kind of had me confused. I knew his story, but I didn't know that they were going to focus entirely on it.

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Originally Posted by IYE2

oregons offense is over rated though.
Agreed, and not just because I am a Beaver fan.  They depend way to much on their pace of play.  When the game was slowed down at Cal they were exposed.  Some people up here in the NW are dumb as rocks.  We have one radio show host on the Ducks station that thinks Chip Kelly is looking to move up to the NFL and that Jerry Jones is going to give him a call at the end of the season
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
  No way in hell is Chip Kelly an NFL coach, there is no way his system would work.  I swear when I get a day off work during the week I am going to have to call in and roast some of the radio personalities up here cause they do nothing but spew a bunch of nonsense.
So Oregon's offense is overrated because a radio personality thinks Chip is going to the NFL?
In regards to Cal, I'm not going to sit here and call it a fluke game, even if Cal had to cheat to make their gameplan happen. Oregon did not play well in that game, yes, it's obvious. But people who say that Cal made the blueprint are ******ed. Oregon lost last season to two teams who shut down their offense: Boise St. and Ohio St. (Stanford too, but that game was a shootout). The gameplan has been around, and people still aren't keeping up. Is Oregon getting lucky every time they score a touchdown? Or is it possibly a testament to the coaches and how they prepare and learn from mistakes? People can say that some of Oregon's offensive statistics are inflated but I wouldn't use overrated to describe Oregon, Auburn, or Stanford, some of the better offenses in the country.
Cal may have cheated a bit but that had only a little to do with how the defense was able to slow down Oregon's offense. They were able to get to Thomas, which was a big reason why they were even in the game in the first place without any offense (the fumble recovery). Oregon is very fortunate Cal has had no offense in the last month of the season; for the record, even if our kicker made the FG I think Oregon would have drove down the field and scored a TD.

Corso is getting up there in age and all the traveling can be exhausting.  I didn't hear anything about him retiring though?  I'm just glad he recovered from his stroke and was able to get back doing what he loves. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Turene decommitted from SC?
Info? I know he has a visit with Nebraska this week and he also wants to see what's good with LSU.  I knew it was a bad sign when he decided not to EE.
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom