Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

Ahhh, ok. I meant to say 17. I always thought he was older than his grade level.

But yeah, 2013 is gonna be crazy for RB's.

2012 is already stupid.

that TD run he just had was Stupendous.

Warner Christian had bottled him up til then
Wow.
He poppin alotta +@## too
laugh.gif

Lil Runt!!!!
pimp.gif

Latest rumor out of UF: (Bob) Stoops has until Monday or Tuesday to accept the offer. If he doesn't, Chris Peterson will be announced as HC on Wednesday

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

Latest out of UF: (Bob) Stoops has until Monday or Tuesday to accept the offer. If he doesn't, Chris Peterson will be announced as HC on Wednesday

nerd.gif
Source?

Latest rumor out of UF: (Bob) Stoops has until Monday or Tuesday to accept the offer. If he doesn't, Chris Peterson will be announced as HC on Wednesday

nerd.gif

I'm not buying it
laugh.gif
I don't have any knowledge of the situation, but neither of those sound plausible to me. 

Gatorbait:

Four-star wide receiver Ja'Juan Story told GBN's Jenn Bate that he is looking around at other schools. According to Story, while other schools have been in contact, UF hasn't spoken with him lately and no attempt has been made to reach him since Meyer's announcement (again, that is according to Story). Note: Kipp Adams of the UGA site here on the network just informed GBN that UGA had an in-home with Story on Wednesday.

Four-star offensive tackle Trip Thurman declined to take his official visit to UF this weekend. He told GBN via text that UF asked him to, and that he preferred to, wait until Meyer's replacement was in place.

Thurman said he has been contacted by Michigan State, Delaware, UCONN, Arkansas, Rutgers and Boston College.

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

nerd.gif

I'm not buying it
laugh.gif
I don't have any knowledge of the situation, but neither of those sound plausible to me. 
You are grasping at straws if you think Petersen is going to Florida. Not a chance he leaves Boise St. this year, especially not for Florida.
roll.gif
roll.gif

Whaddya mean Esp. not for Florida? What better options are out there (should he leave?)

There aren't 5 better CFB jobs out there better than UF, IMO.

I don't think he will leave, but I don't get the "especially not for Florida"

Dre beat me to it. (Note to self: Put the Boise homer on the ignore list with the Michigan, Nebraska, and Alabama homer.)

If Urban is really gonna be involved with the search, he's gonna steer it to Mullen or Wittingham.

Malzahn to Vandy?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Where Are You Harold Miner 2

nerd.gif

I'm not buying it
laugh.gif
You are grasping at straws if you think Petersen is going to Florida. Not a chance he leaves Boise St. this year, especially not for Florida.
roll.gif
roll.gif

as opposed to... where?

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Originally Posted by Where Are You Harold Miner 2

nerd.gif

I'm not buying it
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

as opposed to... where?
If they give him 5 million its a different story but Petersen is a weird dude. He is a scientologist for one and he has stated that he severely dislikes boosters etc. trying to meddle in the program. It just doesn't seem like the right fit program wise (SEC, players he would have to recruit, issues he would deal with etc.) Petersen in my opinion (granted I know nothing or more accurately as much as every other person on this board) if he leaves Boise will go to a west coast school.

Either one of those guys are fine by me, Chris would be a great hire IMO. He's just about done all he can do at Boise. Bobby would fly too as long as he learns how to win big games again
laugh.gif

A college football season spent on the road gave me a chance to see some of the top talent and best campuses and stadiums across the country.

The atmosphere and hospitality in Alabama were impressive and Iowa far exceeded expectations, and words cannot do justice to the pregame scene at the Florida-Georgia game in Jacksonville, Fla. As far as passion goes, though, LSU takes the cake.

Overall, I took in 14 games and saw 26 teams in action, which gave me an up-close look at many of the top 2011 draft prospects on Scouts Inc.'s board. Here are the best and most disappointing players I saw live, the top performances I witnessed and a look at some 2012 prospects to keep an eye on (draft-eligible underclassmen denoted with asterisks):
[h3]Top Three Prospects[/h3]
[+] Enlarge
Kevin C. Cox/Getty ImagesPatrick Peterson can play physical or beat teams with his speed.

1. LSU CB Patrick Peterson-- Has size (6-foot-1, 210 pounds), strength, speed and ball skills to develop into a shutdown corner at the next level. Peterson also possesses an infectious energy on the field and brings added value as a dangerous return man on special teams.
2. Georgia WR A.J. Green* -- The 6-4 Green is loose in the hips and is light years ahead of most prospects in terms of route savvy. He has the best ball skills I've ever seen in person and makes the extraordinary catch look ordinary.
3. Clemson DE Da'Quan Bowers* -- Isn't as athletic asJulius Peppers was coming out of North Carolina, but Bowers does have the versatility, power and quickness to become an impact pass rusher at the next level.
[h3]Top Three Disappointments[/h3]
1. Clemson S DeAndre McDaniel -- An aggressive in-the-box safety who possesses natural ball skills (15 career INTs), but it was hard to ignore the tightness in his hips that makes him a major liability in space.
2. Cincinnati WR Armon Binns -- Lacks burst out of his breaks ,which bring up concerns about his ability to consistently separate at the next level. Ball skills are inconsistent as well.
3. Nebraska DT Jared Crick* -- Shows strong use of hands in combat but possesses a linear build in the lower half which leads to problems anchoring against the run.
[h3]Top Three Under the Radar[/h3]
1. Nebraska S Eric Hagg -- Brings excellent versatility in coverage and in run support. Can match up with most slot receivers, will bring added value on special teams and showed improved ball skills this season (5 INTs).
2. Arkansas DE Jake Bequette* -- Quick first step and excellent use of hands. Excellent job of converting speed to power with pass rush and possesses a non-stop motor.
3. Iowa TE Allen Reisner -- Reliable target that can exploit underneath zone coverage. Takes pride as a blocker but needs to development strength in this area.
[h3]Top Three Individual Performances[/h3]
[+] Enlarge
James Lang/US PresswireTyrod Taylor will contribute in many ways in the NFL.

1. Virginia Tech QB Tyrod Taylor vs. Florida State -- Dominated the ACC title game with his arm and legs, accumulating 287 total yards while throwing three touchdown passes and running for another. Dynamic athlete who will contribute in multiple facets at the next level.
2. Washington QB Jake Locker vs. USC -- Locker turned in his best performance of the year by far against the Trojans, putting the Huskies on his back to pull off the upset. Threw for 310 yards and a touchdown, added another 117 yards rushing and conducted a 61-yard drive to set up the game-winning field goal.
3a. Alabama RB Trent Richardson vs. Penn State -- Rushed for 144 yards and a touchdown on 22 carries. Most impressive was the physical punishment the 220-pounder dished out to the Nittany Lions throughout the night.
3b. Patrick Peterson vs. North Carolina -- Introduced his return skills to the nation, piling up 287 total return yards and bringing back a punt for a touchdown. He gained 244 of those yards before UNC decided to start kicking the ball out of bounds.
[h3]Future Prospect Watch (draft-eligible for 2012)[/h3]
1. USC QB Matt Barkley -- Has the physical tools, mental capacity and maturity to develop into an efficient starting QB at the next level.
2. South Carolina WR Alshon Jeffery -- Physical receiver (6-5, 233) who displays outstanding body control and reliable hands that swallow the ball. Lacks elite top-end speed but is a strong runner who can produce after the catch.
3. Trent Richardson -- Determined downhill runner who is strapped together at 220 pounds and has a thick lower half that provides excellent power. Above-average top-end speed for his size but lacking elite lateral mobility.
4. Miami S Ray-Ray Armstrong -- At 6-4 and 220 pounds, Armstrong brings a physical presence down the middle of the field to go along with wide range and strong ball skills. Needs to clean up angles as a tackler.
5. Georgia TE Orson Charles -- Has enough size (6-3, 240), athleticism and top-end speed to be a factor as a downfield target. Needs polish as a run blocker.

i mean petterson has said no to interviews for USC,UCLA and Michigan. i dont think its hard to see him doing the same for florida

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

i mean petterson has said no to interviews for USC,UCLA and Michigan. i dont think its hard to see him doing the same for florida
+1

These AQ schools think that simply because they come calling he will come running. Dude is wired differently.

2 questions:

What's the highest a DB has ever gone in the draft?

Since it was brought up, what do y'all think are the top 5 coaching jobs (besides Northwestern of course)?

Back
Top Bottom