Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

Chris Petersen was never offered the Michigan job. Ferentz Schiano and Rich were the only three. Fact

It's finally official: Hawaii to the MWC in football and the Big West in all other sports.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

But seriously, Harbaugh should go to northwestern
Pat Fitzgerald for life. I want him to be there forever, JoePa-esque. I'll probably cry if he ever leaves for somewhere like ND. He's the one
laugh.gif

I don't follow it like that but our recruiting is on the up like never before. I was browsing the ESPNU 150 for 2011 the other day and we signed this WR Christian Jones (ranked 106) from Texas... couldn't believe it! 
pimp.gif
eek.gif
 (I don't even know how people view ESPNU?)

Originally Posted by Newbs24

Chris Petersen was never offered the Michigan job. Ferentz Schiano and Rich were the only three. Fact
but nobody ever said he was

UPDATE: Pat Dooley of the Gainesville Sun handicaps the field, based not on inside information, he says, but on the fact that he knows how Jeremy Foley thinks. Dooley believes that the most likely candidates to become Florida's next coach, in order, are Bob Stoops, Chris Petersen, Bobby Petrino and Gary Patterson. He also mentions that Dan Mullen apparently did not impress as a recruiter during his stint in Gainesville, which would be another reason he has fallen on many lists.

An interesting look at Auburn's "size advantage" over Oregon.

irst, when talking about the size of Auburn, most pundits are talking about thier offensive line, defensive front 4, and their QB. Most fans will know that Cam Newton is 6-6 250, but I had to look up their lines. They avg 6-5 307 on the offensive line and 6-3 277 on defense. So ya they are big boys, but are they that much bigger than Oregon? Oregon's offensive line averages 6-5 294 and the defensive line averages 6-4 271. That is 13 pounds bigger on offense and 6 pounds bigger on defense for those who don't want to do the math. While they are slightly bigger, we are not talking men vs boys here, the difference is negligible.

Ofcourse the offensive line plays against the defense not the other offensive line, so there is a big advantage for both of these offensive lines over their defensive lines in terms of size. Auburn has an average of 36 pounds on the Oregon defensive front, while Oregon has an average of 17 pounds on the Auburn front 4.

To the bigger point trying to be made by these pundits, lets see what Oregon has played against so far, we know they are 12-0, but they must have played against 250 pound offensive and defensive lines right? Uh wrong, in fact Auburn won't even be the biggest team they have played. Here is a list of Oregon's opponents,

Stanford OL 6-5 301 // DL 6-4 267

USC OL 6-5 294 // DL 6-4 291

Tenn OL 6-6 312 // DL 6-3 258

UCLA OL 6-4 317 // DL 6-4 269

OSU OL 6-3 293 // DL 6-2 272

ASU OL 6-5 302 // DL 6-3 276

CAL OL 6-3 285 // DL 6-3 292

Arizona OL 6-5 317 // DL 6-3 273

Washington OL 6-4 288 // DL 6-4 274

WSU OL 6-5 295 // DL 6-5 272

If we were to rank Auburn's size, they would the 4th largest Offensive line the Ducks have played this season behind Arizona, UCLA, and Tenn. Their Defensive front would be the 3rd largest, behind Cal and USC. The point I am making here is not that Auburn doesn't have good players, they obviously do, but it is not their size that makes them good. Oregon has faced many opponents who were just as big and in some cases bigger than Auburn, and the results were double digit wins in all but 1 case, Cal.

None of those teams have a Nick Fairley and I'd be willing to bet that AU's DL is more athletic than the 3 that would be ranked above them.

eek.gif

@ #7...

49ersb_logo.gif
 San Francisco 49ers: Cam Newton, QB, Auburn 
Auburn_logo.gif

I can't believe I'm putting Cam Newton this high either. Newton's stock is on the rise in the wake of an impressive comeback at Alabama and a great performance in the SEC Championship; even the talking heads on ESPN seem to agree that Arizona taking Newton in the top five is a good idea. 

The Cam Newton Hype Train is coming. If Newton beats Oregon in one of the two national championships this January, some team will probably make a desperate reach. 

Many consider Newton unprepared to play in the NFL, but there's no denying that he possesses tremendous upside with a big arm and mobility. He's also a winner with great intangibles (see McCoy, Colt). Some front office will talk themselves into believing Newton is the next multi-threat quarterback, hoping that they can duplicate what the Eagles have right now. 

With a new coaching regime in San Francisco - assuming the 49ers don't make a late push to get into the playoffs - the 49ers will be targeting a quarterback early in the 2011 NFL Draft. They'll take whomever they like best between Newton, Ryan Mallett and Jake Locker. 

Originally Posted by DLo13

If Urban is really gonna be involved with the search, he's gonna steer it to Mullen or Wittingham.

All roads lead to Mullen. I'll be very shocked if Foley goes another route. With Urban having an office in the complex, who is gonna want him looking over their shoulder all the time? It's going to be one of Urban's guys.

Personally my pipe dream would be Harbaugh but I expect him to go to the NFL.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

eek.gif

@ #7...

49ersb_logo.gif
 San Francisco 49ers: Cam Newton, QB, Auburn 
Auburn_logo.gif

I can't believe I'm putting Cam Newton this high either. Newton's stock is on the rise in the wake of an impressive comeback at Alabama and a great performance in the SEC Championship; even the talking heads on ESPN seem to agree that Arizona taking Newton in the top five is a good idea. 

The Cam Newton Hype Train is coming. If Newton beats Oregon in one of the two national championships this January, some team will probably make a desperate reach. 

Many consider Newton unprepared to play in the NFL, but there's no denying that he possesses tremendous upside with a big arm and mobility. He's also a winner with great intangibles (see McCoy, Colt). Some front office will talk themselves into believing Newton is the next multi-threat quarterback, hoping that they can duplicate what the Eagles have right now. 

With a new coaching regime in San Francisco - assuming the 49ers don't make a late push to get into the playoffs - the 49ers will be targeting a quarterback early in the 2011 NFL Draft. They'll take whomever they like best between Newton, Ryan Mallett and Jake Locker. 

I heard Kiper on the radio, and he said that at best, Cam Newton is a top-5 pick....at the worst, he won't fall past #15.  All I know is dude is gonna make people
eek.gif
at the combine. 

Nike on Tuesday will unveil the BCS National Championship game uniforms that the Oregon Ducks will wear in their Jan. 10 title game against the Auburn Tigers.
Nike also will unveil the BCS uniforms for the TCU Horned Frogs, [and bowl uniforms for] Boise State Broncos and Florida Gators.

pimp.gif

farmar to U$C. SURPRISE! but can they keep the trio plus farmar and kessler? 
on the cal boards im hearing barr and bigelow are strong leans, but im not sure about barr. its no secret that all cal fans have counted him a member of our class for months.

and here's some info from a buddy of mine ...
John Gruden will be the next coach of the University of Florida.
The deal was agreed upon last night. The announcement will be made the first of next week.
The only impediment could be their negotiation with Tampa concerning his buyout.

According to the Miami Herald, the school has honed in on Temple’s Al Golden, UConn’sRandy Edsall and Montreal Alouettes head coach Marc Trestman, and are said to be strongly considering all three candidates.

This latest report comes on the heels of conflicting speculation that Tommy Tuberville is or isn’t pursuing the position.  Earlier this week, the Palm Beach Post reported that the search appeared to be focusing on Golden, Edsall and Tuberville; the latter said Friday that he’s not a candidate.

I kinda wish Nike wouldn't unveil the Ducks jerseys until game week to build the hype up.

Bijald- ESPNU's rankings aren't the best out there. I think historically, Rivals has a little edge on Scout and ESPNU is third in that conversation.

Back
Top Bottom