Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

Charles McMillian and Troy Walters...

bobs.jpg

A&M recruited a hell of a class last year off a 4-8 season and completely +%+@-canning the entire defensive staff... This year, they're limping to the finish line and cannot capitalize off a nice little streak to end the year and a trip to the Cotton Bowl.. 2012 is gonna have a be a serious haul.

No idea if it's true or not but rumors swirling about Holgerson going to WVU as OC/HCIW... Why wouldn't they just *+!% can Bill Stewart and hire him now?
laugh.gif

I think that would be a pretty good gig for Holgorsen. With some of the athletes that WVU gets on offense, and being in the Big East, he'd have a really good shot at succeeding early.

And it sucks that Coach Sherman can't seem to get all aspects of coaching to click together. The first two years he was doing pretty solid at recruiting, but didn't seem to be worth a !@!* on game day. This year he was pretty solid on game days, but probably wouldn't beat out Texas State in a recruiting battle right now. Hopefully he can get it all working together in 2012. We seem to be in pretty good shape with a lot of 2012 kids right now, but I don't have much faith in it staying that way.

[h1]Newton situation exposes NCAA — again[/h1]

Jason Whitlock writes about the sports world from every angle, including those other writers can't imagine or muster courage to address. His columns are humorous, thought-provoking, agenda free, honest and unpredictable. You can e-mail Jason or follow him on Twitter

Updated Dec 11, 2010 12:19 PM ET

For those of you who believe in the myth of “amateur

scratch that... now saying it's Rick Minter.  never could make the Shannon/UK/Joker connection anyway...
grin.gif

DALLAS (AP) -- Cam Newton was not selected to the Football Writers Association of America's All-America team released Saturday.

The Auburn quarterback and overwhelming favorite to win the Heisman Trophy later Saturday was left off in favor of Boise State quarterback Kellen Moore by a panel of 12 FWAA members.

Unfair Punishment

Writers refusing to vote for Cam Newton as the Heisman Trophy winner are doing an injustice to the award.
-- Kevin Blackistone
The NCAA ruled that Newton's father tried to engineer a play-for-pay scheme that would have sent his son to Mississippi State. The NCAA also said there was no evidence Newton or Auburn knew about his father's dealings, so the star junior was not punished.

Newton led the Southeastern Conference in rushing with 1,409 yards, scored 21 touchdowns and was the nation's top-rated passer with 2,589 yards passing and 28 TD throws.

The Associated Press All-America team will be released on Tuesday.

Petrino's new deal runs through 2017

- $3.6mil annually
- NONCOMPETE clause for ALL SEC schools.

Details of the buyout haven't been released, but I'm pretty sure it's around 6mil.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

and here's some info from a buddy of mine ...
John Gruden will be the next coach of the University of Florida.
The
deal was agreed upon last night. The announcement will be made the
first of next week.
The only impediment could be their negotiation with
Tampa concerning his buyout.

Like I said....don't believe ANY of these coaching rumors until something definitive is reported.
laugh.gif

who said I believed it? I posted it cus it was sent to me, just like I put everything in here that is sent to me... *shrugs*

@mortreport: Can confirm that Will Muschamp will be next Florida coach. Met with AD Jeremy Foley in Austin today, offered, accepted.

laugh.gif
Mack got played.. Fired Davis and those guys to keep Muschamp happy and then he bolts. Bet he takes Applewhite with him too.

Ouch. What a kick in the balls for the Horns.

Back
Top Bottom