Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

can someone with ESPN insider post the article...

[h2]Predicting The Future[/h2]
Signing day is next week and Bruce Feldman thinks he knows where the big-time recruits like Jadeveon Clowney, Cyrus Kouandjio and Tim Jernigan are headed....

Auburn has told Ray Drew to kick rocks. they sgined a DE and are only focused on reeling in gabe Wright to finish their DLine class...

Im startin to think Ray Drew ends up at Clemson *shrugs*

Gionni Paul lookin to turn from his ASU verbal to Miami (*edit* My bad messed up the msg)

that would be an awesome pick up

I'll see what I can get out of my boy on ASU staff in regards to Gionni Paul. My buddy has been hyping him up for a while now too.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Auburn has told Ray Drew to kick rocks. they sgined a DE and are only focused on reeling in gabe Wright to finish their DLine class...

Im startin to think Ray Drew ends up at Clemson *shrugs*

Auburn knows where he is going.  A lot of people are taking what he has to say seriously.  We will see on Friday.  They better worry about Gabe because I think he ends up in Knoxville.

[h1]Iowa players battling muscle disorder[/h1]

ESPN.com news services

IOWA CITY, Iowa -- The University of Iowa confirmed Wednesday that 13 football players were hospitalized this week with an unusual muscle disorder following grueling offseason workouts.

The players have rhabdomyolysis, a stress-induced syndrome that can damage cells and cause kidney failure in severe cases, school spokesman Tom Moore said at a news conference two days after the players were hospitalized in a Iowa City.

The school has said the players, whom they would not identify, were "in safe and stable condition" and responding well to treatment.

[h4]Big Ten blog[/h4]
rittenberg_adam_m.jpg
ESPN.com's Adam Rittenberg writes about all things Big Ten in his conference blog.

• Blog network:
College Football Nation

Moore said the cause of the disorder has not yet been determined. University of Iowa physician John Stokes said the common denominator is they had all participated in strenuous exercise, which commonly brings on the disorder in otherwise healthy young people.

Coach Kirk Ferentz and the team doctor, Ned Amendola, were not at the news conference. The university said Ferentz was out of town on a recruiting trip but was aware of the situation, while an aide to Amendola said he was traveling in Costa Rica on business.

Chris Doyle, the team's strength and conditioning coach who has worked under Ferentz all 12 years of his tenure, did not immediately return phone and e-mail messages. He and other strength coaches were not made available to reporters.

Several Iowa players wrote on their Facebook pages that the workouts involved intense weightlifting. Freshman linebacker Jim Poggi wrote Saturday that he had done 100 squats and pushed a sled 100 yards. He said he was having trouble walking. His uncle, Bo Poggi, said his nephew remained hospitalized Wednesday and he had not heard an official explanation of the illness.

"All of us are extremely concerned," Poggi said. "We're hoping for the best and this is a temporary situation and he'll make a full recovery. And then we'll get to the next steps on how this happened, why it happened."

Another player, freshman defensive lineman Carl Davis of Detroit, wrote Sunday that he couldn't walk or feel his arms after performing 100 squats and 100 bench presses, and had "a whole weekend of soreness." A third, freshman defensive back Tanner Miller of Kalona, Iowa, wrote on Tuesday that he had a "night in the hospital ... couldn't be a worse day."

The Des Moines Register confirmed through Alan DiBona that his son, freshman linebacker Shane DiBona, was among the 12 hospitalized.

Shane DiBona had described a workout last week on Facebook. "I had to squat 240 pounds 100 times and it was timed. I can't walk and I fell down the stairs & lifes (sic) great," the Register reported.

Alan DiBona told the newspaper that he had spoken with his son, and "he's doing great."

Associate athletics director Fred Mims said school officials would take steps to "ensure it doesn't happen again." Mims, who is in charge of the department's compliance with NCAA rules, said the matter did not need to be reported since the workouts were allowed and routine.

"We have an excellent medical staff and training staff who will do due diligence to look at what did transpire and make sure we can avoid this in the future," he said. "I'm quite sure they'll have safeguards in place to make sure people aren't harmed."

He said the case is a "good lesson" for why university officials should ask players about how they are feeling after strenuous workouts. He said Iowa will also try to avoid problems after players return from school breaks and might not have kept up with fitness routines by making sure expectations are clear.

I think Buddy Nixed just raped Stacey Dales at the Senior Bowl. That was a strange ending to the interview.

(touchers her arm)
"Great to see you"

I'm hearing Stephone Anthony is leaning towards Clemson. We have an in home with him tonight and I think he's still scheduled to visit UNC on Saturday though. %#+* both of those schools though, we need him way worse than y'all do
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Why are you all mad? If by chance they do switch their commitment this late in the game it means that they wanted to go to Miami all along.

Originally Posted by trey ohh five

Why are you all mad? If by chance they do switch their commitment this late in the game it means that they wanted to go to Miami all along.

Truth. 

Originally Posted by trey ohh five

Duh. I guarantee you without ever stepping foot on either campus or knowing either coaching staff, there's way more kids out there that want to go to Miami than Virginia Tech
laugh.gif
When have you ever heard a kid NOT from Virginia say, "Oh yea I was a huge Tech fan growing up, they're my dream school." Now how many times have you heard kids from all over the country say that about Miami?
I'm not mad about it because the only guy they're getting that we wanted is Grooms; Farrow is solid. But Juicy and I were just pointing out that for whatever reason (Randy not being a great recruiter or Golden not having time to do his due diligence) it seems like Miami is just throwing out offers to whoever VT and UNC are after. FWIW Lockhart now has offers from Nebraska and Kansas St.

Urban Meyer's player manifesto:

Spoiler [+]
Urban Meyer’s Player Manifesto
FOOTBALL | JANUARY 21, 2011 BY ADMIN | 0 COMMENTS

We released Urban Meyer’s guidelines to being a badass coach, now we learn how Meyer makes you a badass player.

INVEST TO WIN

Coach Urban Meyer, University of Florida Football

My family roots are in mid America where I grew up as one of three children of Urban and Giselle Meyer, born in Altoona and raised in Ashtubula, Ohio. Our household was typical, lots of family values, education was a must for my sisters and me, respect of others, and hard work. Failing, however was not an option! Not that missing a baseball or working hard at math and still not getting an A was failing. It was when the effort was sub par or when one of us decided we wanted to quit that we were soundly chastised. My parents believed that raising their children was their responsibility and not that of someone else and they believed in accountability.

I was drafted by the Atlanta Braves organization in high school and signed with them. I soon discovered that my talent was not good enough and I called to tell my Dad I was thinking of quitting and returning home. He told me I was welcome to come home to visit on Christmas day but I was not welcome to return home to stay and I needed to grow up, be responsible, and seek my own way in life. I was beginning to see that there was little entitlement in life and I had to work hard so I decided to return to school.

I played football at the University of Cincinnati and was an average player, but I tried to learn as much as I could about the game. I received my degree and also met a coed named Shelley who I later married and at various assignments in my career we were extremely fortunate to have three great children. I also know how tough parenting is and we work extremely hard at raising our children the right way. The entire family is delighted to be in Gainesville and to be a part of the community.

I started my coaching career as a graduate assistant for Coach Earle Bruce at Ohio State University and was quickly indoctrinated to the long work- days of a football coach. Coach Bruce knew everything about everyone on the team and staff and nothing escaped his eye. His attention to detail was astounding to me and he was always prepared for anything that happened to arise. He demanded that his players attend class and work hard academically and on the practice field. If a coach did not coach to his standards, he coached the coach and the players. I was invited by Coach Bruce to join him at Colorado State University as the receivers’ coach and the program quickly started to improve under his guidance. After the first season, CSU was invited to the Freedom Bowl and defeated Oregon. It was CSU’s first bowl appearance in almost fifty years.

When Coach Sonny Lubick took over the helm at Colorado State University, I was fortunate enough to be invited to remain as the receivers’ coach and success continued under Coach Lubick. Again, the attention to detail, preparation and hard work academically and in all phases of the game of football were emphasized. While their styles were different, Coach Bruce and Lubick were extraordinarily similar in meticulous preparation, hard work and knowledge of every player in the program.

At the University of Notre Dame, I was the receivers’ coach under head coach Lou Holtz. In addition to preparation and hard work, I was able to learn from an outstanding motivator who knew exactly what to say and when to say certain things to drive and inspire his teams. However, coach Holtz knew that even a great motivator could not overcome a team that was ill prepared or had not paid the price of hard work. In other words, a team that was not invested or less invested than its opponent.

When I was named the head coach of Bowling Green State University, I immediately outlined my plan to win to the entire staff and team. It is the same plan that I outlined to the staff and team at the University of Utah and now at the University of Florida. We will be more invested than our opponents because we will prepare more and work harder. If you combine that with talented players, the margin for error is vastly minimized. Everyone knows their responsibilities and they are accountable for their performance. Additionally, our entire staff is responsible for growth and development within their area of responsibility; hence they attend or teach at various coaching clinics to gain knowledge and improve their skills.

The University of Florida is rich in traditions and football is one of those traditions. I am honored and proud to be the head football coach of the Gators, however I am also responsible and accountable to uphold those proud traditions with integrity. All of our players were introduced to the team core values and the performance versus entitlements policy. Every one of the players has the opportunity to succeed, however their performance is the criteria by which they are judged. They have to live life the right way, excel academically and give great effort at all times. Although simple to state, it is very difficult to execute, as it requires players that are disciplined, unselfish and team oriented. They understand that the most invested team wins, however they must now execute that plan so they can win. Go Gators!

ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE

GOVERNANCE-The overall governance model must be in place and must be clear as to who sets policy, clarity of responsibilities, and accountability. In corporations, the BODs sets policy, the CEO and other officers understand their responsibilities and appoint managers who then execute by leading employees. Each layer is then accountable for their respective responsibilities and report to the above layer. In college football, the trustees set policy, the presidents are responsible for overall compliance, the athletic director is responsible for the athletic department, and the football coach is responsible for the entire football program.

CORE VALUES-These values set the foundation of the group, organization or team. Usually three to five values which capture the essence and require absolute compliance. Usually includes honesty, integrity and respect. Leaders and coaches must embrace these values and live by these 24/7. While what you say is important, what you do is critical.

MISSION STATEMENT-This written statement should embody your purpose for being. Usually set by the leaders and coaches who will dialogue and agree on each word. Each employee or team member will thereafter have a point of reference when reviewing themselves, and others within the organization.

POLICIES/PROCEDURES-Each leader is responsible for developing these for their individual group or team, however the overall policies of the company or university should be incorporated; albeit by reference. It may be stricter, but it can never be less than the overall policies. These must be in writing and made a part of a manual or policy book given to all employees and team members. Employees and team members must understand all policies and be clear about the penalties for noncompliance.

JOB DESCRIPTIONS-Job descriptions must be in writing, conveyed to the employee or team member and reviewed at least annually. Changes must be in writing, conveyed and understood by all. Performance reviews should be made in part in reference to job descriptions.

GOALS AND TARGETS-Goals must be in writing and should be concise and measurable. Should avoid subjectivity and must include self-growth goals along with corporate or team goals. This formulates the primary reference by which performance reviews are judged. Performance reviews should be made at least annually, however more frequent reviews are often necessary or helpful.

EMPOWERMENT/ACCOUNTABILITY-Empowerment is derived from all of the aforementioned categories of structure. While empowerment is easy to understand and most people desire empowerment, it must be accompanied by accountability. Under no circumstances can a person be empowered but not be accountable. The two are linked and cannot be separated.

SUSTAINABILITY/GROWTH-The organization must decide how best to position itself for sustainability and growth. Generally this is done at the BOD level, however it can be done at any level. The objective is to set out how the team or organization can grow and develop at a pace greater than competition. Organizations that value learning are generally set up on a circular basis versus a top to bottom or linear basis. Thus it continually learns and reevaluates and changes itself to beat competition. Employees generally value learning organizations and find energy from that environment. Employees who generally seek a comfort level generally are uncomfortable in learning organizations.

General Philosophy

Treat all football players involved in the University of Florida football program as if they were my sons.

See that all University of Florida Football players have success and enjoy it in the following three areas:
Academics
Athletics
After Graduation

Recruit and sign players who belong at the University of Florida and that can graduate. Ask them three questions:
Can I trust you?
Are you committed?
Do you care?

Success to me is defined as all program participants setting and achieving their goals.

Create an environment that will foster the development of each person associated with the University of Florida football, which will produce a better person and a stronger member of our society for having gone through the program.

Respect the values of the University of Florida.

Make our program accessible to the student body, faculty and the alumni. Make them proud of our program and of our players.

Understand the role and significance of the University of Florida football within the structure of the university.

General Philosophy-
Why is Urban Meyer INTERESTED IN the University of Florida?

A Combination of great academics and Coaching in the SEC.
University of Florida offers nationally recognized academic programs in numerous fields.
Diversity of the student population.
Diversity of the academic programs.

The quality and creativity of student body and faculty provides an unlimited potential for growth and success.

The quality and success level of the alumni demonstrates their great pride in the university.

There is a great tradition in football. University of Florida plays in one of the most competitive conferences in the country, the SEC and has some of the greatest rivalry games in college football.

The commitment of the Athletic Director that generates new excitement for the football program.

The location of the University provides an excellent atmosphere for…
Living- staying for a long time and
Recruiting

In the University of Florida you have something different. It would be very challenging yet rewarding to turn this program around. We will put together a hard-working coaching staff and challenge these players from Day 1. We have something to sell in recruiting.

Potentially one of the best coaching jobs in the country, or I would not be interested. Exciting to rebuild.

Academic Support Services on Campus

Can win immediately
Starters returning
Early schedule

Ability to attract quality coaches and keep them.

UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA FOOTBALL

GENERAL PHILOSOPHIES AND POLICIES

You should not be a member of this team if you don’t have high expectation for yourself. We, too, have very high expectations for you. The tradition that you are being asked to uphold here at the University of Florida is the same tradition that your predecessors have worked so hard to create. How you choose to conduct yourself, both publicly and privately, will reflect on you family, your teammates, your coaches, and the entire university community.

As a student-athlete, you must conduct yourself in accordance with team and university regulations. In this player’s manual, we will attempt to introduce you to a number of these regulations. However, this manual is not intended to be all-inclusive in its scope.

1. You are responsible for understanding and complying with all the University of
Florida rules and regulations. Ignorance is not an excuse.

2. You are expected to represent the University of Florida Football Program in a
positive manner on campus and in the community. We have worked extremely
hard to create a First Class Program that the Students, Faculty and the Community
are proud of. Any deviation from this will not be tolerated.

3. You are expected to Graduate from the University of Florida. It is your responsibility to stay on course and to request assistance (tutors, study table, etc…) when necessary. Your Position Coach will take a very pro-active approach to your academic success.

4. You must keep an accurate phone number and address for yourself and your parents on file in the football office. Update the football office as changes occur.

Program based on two principles: HONESTY and ACCOUNTABILITY

Honesty – For any organization to function that involves reliance on other members – there has to be an understanding that whatever is said is the truth. There cannot and will not be any keeping of information that can have an effect on the organization and there will absolutely be no untruths said within this organization. Mistakes will be made; however, immediate notification (to the Position or Head Coach) is expected.

Accountability – Each member of this organization (Players, Coaches, Support Staff) has a very clear and succinct job description. It is the individual’s responsibility to complete this job description to the best of his ability and at the same effort that is expected of all members. Out success will be a direct result of the accountability demonstrated by the individuals in this program.

5 C’s of Accountability
1. Character
2. Competency
3. Consistency
4. Commitment
5. Cohesiveness

TRUST – The single most important ingredient for a football Team to be successful. Players must have a Trust in the Coaches that they:
a) have the best interest of the student-athlete in mind
b) will put the players in the best possible position to be successful
c) have the necessary knowledge and courage to make the RIGHT decisions for the
betterment of the TEAM.
Coaches must have Trust in the Players that they:
a) will be held accountable for their position on the field
b) will follow all team rules and regulation when Coaches are not present
c) will give the necessary effort to be Successful
d) will make decisions with the best interest of the Program in mind.

DECISION MAKING
Each and every decision that you make has a consequence. Organizations and individuals that make decisions without a set of Core Values cannot consistently be successful. Core Values create the foundation that you ultimately stand for.
The University of Florida Football Program shares the following Core Values.
1. Honesty
2. Treat Women with Respect
3. No Drugs
4. No Stealing
Mistakes are correctable; however, decisions made without regard to the Core Values we share will be dealt with in a very serious manner.

DISCIPLINE – is 90% Anticipation
We have a very clear policy in place to deal with Discipline Issues.
- 1st Offense – is on you (and your position coach)
- 2nd Offense – involves your position group
- 3rd Offense – will involve the team or Leadership Committee
Discipline is: A) Doing what you are supposed to do
B) When you are supposed to do it
C) How you are supposed to do it
D) and with the Intensity to be successful

WINNING
We have a very clear OBJECTIVE that all decisions involving this program are made. Winning in the Classroom and Winning on the Field.

“Do you know that all who run in a race, all indeed run. But only one receives the prize-run the Race to Win!

WOW. Im reading now that Miami is just now having its 1st Jr Day.

Randy Shannon didnt hold one during his tenure *facepalm*

UM had quite the turnout too. Nice.

I think Buddy Nixed just raped Stacey Dales at the Senior Bowl. That was a strange ending to the interview.

(touchers her arm)
"Great to see you"

laugh.gif
Frost
I woulda touched more than stacey's arm
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

Urban Meyer's player manifesto:

Spoiler [+]
Urban Meyer’s Player Manifesto

FOOTBALL | JANUARY 21, 2011 BY ADMIN | 0 COMMENTS

We released Urban Meyer’s guidelines to being a badass coach, now we learn how Meyer makes you a badass player.

INVEST TO WIN

Coach Urban Meyer, University of Florida Football

My family roots are in mid America where I grew up as one of three children of Urban and Giselle Meyer, born in Altoona and raised in Ashtubula, Ohio. Our household was typical, lots of family values, education was a must for my sisters and me, respect of others, and hard work. Failing, however was not an option! Not that missing a baseball or working hard at math and still not getting an A was failing. It was when the effort was sub par or when one of us decided we wanted to quit that we were soundly chastised. My parents believed that raising their children was their responsibility and not that of someone else and they believed in accountability.

I was drafted by the Atlanta Braves organization in high school and signed with them. I soon discovered that my talent was not good enough and I called to tell my Dad I was thinking of quitting and returning home. He told me I was welcome to come home to visit on Christmas day but I was not welcome to return home to stay and I needed to grow up, be responsible, and seek my own way in life. I was beginning to see that there was little entitlement in life and I had to work hard so I decided to return to school.

I played football at the University of Cincinnati and was an average player, but I tried to learn as much as I could about the game. I received my degree and also met a coed named Shelley who I later married and at various assignments in my career we were extremely fortunate to have three great children. I also know how tough parenting is and we work extremely hard at raising our children the right way. The entire family is delighted to be in Gainesville and to be a part of the community.

I started my coaching career as a graduate assistant for Coach Earle Bruce at Ohio State University and was quickly indoctrinated to the long work- days of a football coach. Coach Bruce knew everything about everyone on the team and staff and nothing escaped his eye. His attention to detail was astounding to me and he was always prepared for anything that happened to arise. He demanded that his players attend class and work hard academically and on the practice field. If a coach did not coach to his standards, he coached the coach and the players. I was invited by Coach Bruce to join him at Colorado State University as the receivers’ coach and the program quickly started to improve under his guidance. After the first season, CSU was invited to the Freedom Bowl and defeated Oregon. It was CSU’s first bowl appearance in almost fifty years.

When Coach Sonny Lubick took over the helm at Colorado State University, I was fortunate enough to be invited to remain as the receivers’ coach and success continued under Coach Lubick. Again, the attention to detail, preparation and hard work academically and in all phases of the game of football were emphasized. While their styles were different, Coach Bruce and Lubick were extraordinarily similar in meticulous preparation, hard work and knowledge of every player in the program.

At the University of Notre Dame, I was the receivers’ coach under head coach Lou Holtz. In addition to preparation and hard work, I was able to learn from an outstanding motivator who knew exactly what to say and when to say certain things to drive and inspire his teams. However, coach Holtz knew that even a great motivator could not overcome a team that was ill prepared or had not paid the price of hard work. In other words, a team that was not invested or less invested than its opponent.

When I was named the head coach of Bowling Green State University, I immediately outlined my plan to win to the entire staff and team. It is the same plan that I outlined to the staff and team at the University of Utah and now at the University of Florida. We will be more invested than our opponents because we will prepare more and work harder. If you combine that with talented players, the margin for error is vastly minimized. Everyone knows their responsibilities and they are accountable for their performance. Additionally, our entire staff is responsible for growth and development within their area of responsibility; hence they attend or teach at various coaching clinics to gain knowledge and improve their skills.

The University of Florida is rich in traditions and football is one of those traditions. I am honored and proud to be the head football coach of the Gators, however I am also responsible and accountable to uphold those proud traditions with integrity. All of our players were introduced to the team core values and the performance versus entitlements policy. Every one of the players has the opportunity to succeed, however their performance is the criteria by which they are judged. They have to live life the right way, excel academically and give great effort at all times. Although simple to state, it is very difficult to execute, as it requires players that are disciplined, unselfish and team oriented. They understand that the most invested team wins, however they must now execute that plan so they can win. Go Gators!

ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE

GOVERNANCE-The overall governance model must be in place and must be clear as to who sets policy, clarity of responsibilities, and accountability. In corporations, the BODs sets policy, the CEO and other officers understand their responsibilities and appoint managers who then execute by leading employees. Each layer is then accountable for their respective responsibilities and report to the above layer. In college football, the trustees set policy, the presidents are responsible for overall compliance, the athletic director is responsible for the athletic department, and the football coach is responsible for the entire football program.

CORE VALUES-These values set the foundation of the group, organization or team. Usually three to five values which capture the essence and require absolute compliance. Usually includes honesty, integrity and respect. Leaders and coaches must embrace these values and live by these 24/7. While what you say is important, what you do is critical.

MISSION STATEMENT-This written statement should embody your purpose for being. Usually set by the leaders and coaches who will dialogue and agree on each word. Each employee or team member will thereafter have a point of reference when reviewing themselves, and others within the organization.

POLICIES/PROCEDURES-Each leader is responsible for developing these for their individual group or team, however the overall policies of the company or university should be incorporated; albeit by reference. It may be stricter, but it can never be less than the overall policies. These must be in writing and made a part of a manual or policy book given to all employees and team members. Employees and team members must understand all policies and be clear about the penalties for noncompliance.

JOB DESCRIPTIONS-Job descriptions must be in writing, conveyed to the employee or team member and reviewed at least annually. Changes must be in writing, conveyed and understood by all. Performance reviews should be made in part in reference to job descriptions.

GOALS AND TARGETS-Goals must be in writing and should be concise and measurable. Should avoid subjectivity and must include self-growth goals along with corporate or team goals. This formulates the primary reference by which performance reviews are judged. Performance reviews should be made at least annually, however more frequent reviews are often necessary or helpful.

EMPOWERMENT/ACCOUNTABILITY-Empowerment is derived from all of the aforementioned categories of structure. While empowerment is easy to understand and most people desire empowerment, it must be accompanied by accountability. Under no circumstances can a person be empowered but not be accountable. The two are linked and cannot be separated.

SUSTAINABILITY/GROWTH-The organization must decide how best to position itself for sustainability and growth. Generally this is done at the BOD level, however it can be done at any level. The objective is to set out how the team or organization can grow and develop at a pace greater than competition. Organizations that value learning are generally set up on a circular basis versus a top to bottom or linear basis. Thus it continually learns and reevaluates and changes itself to beat competition. Employees generally value learning organizations and find energy from that environment. Employees who generally seek a comfort level generally are uncomfortable in learning organizations.

General Philosophy

Treat all football players involved in the University of Florida football program as if they were my sons.

See that all University of Florida Football players have success and enjoy it in the following three areas:

Academics

Athletics

After Graduation

Recruit and sign players who belong at the University of Florida and that can graduate. Ask them three questions:

Can I trust you?

Are you committed?

Do you care?

Success to me is defined as all program participants setting and achieving their goals.

Create an environment that will foster the development of each person associated with the University of Florida football, which will produce a better person and a stronger member of our society for having gone through the program.

Respect the values of the University of Florida.

Make our program accessible to the student body, faculty and the alumni. Make them proud of our program and of our players.

Understand the role and significance of the University of Florida football within the structure of the university.

General Philosophy-

Why is Urban Meyer INTERESTED IN the University of Florida?

A Combination of great academics and Coaching in the SEC.

University of Florida offers nationally recognized academic programs in numerous fields.

Diversity of the student population.

Diversity of the academic programs.

The quality and creativity of student body and faculty provides an unlimited potential for growth and success.

The quality and success level of the alumni demonstrates their great pride in the university.

There is a great tradition in football. University of Florida plays in one of the most competitive conferences in the country, the SEC and has some of the greatest rivalry games in college football.

The commitment of the Athletic Director that generates new excitement for the football program.

The location of the University provides an excellent atmosphere for…

Living- staying for a long time and

Recruiting

In the University of Florida you have something different. It would be very challenging yet rewarding to turn this program around. We will put together a hard-working coaching staff and challenge these players from Day 1. We have something to sell in recruiting.

Potentially one of the best coaching jobs in the country, or I would not be interested. Exciting to rebuild.

Academic Support Services on Campus

Can win immediately

Starters returning

Early schedule

Ability to attract quality coaches and keep them.

UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA FOOTBALL

GENERAL PHILOSOPHIES AND POLICIES

You should not be a member of this team if you don’t have high expectation for yourself. We, too, have very high expectations for you. The tradition that you are being asked to uphold here at the University of Florida is the same tradition that your predecessors have worked so hard to create. How you choose to conduct yourself, both publicly and privately, will reflect on you family, your teammates, your coaches, and the entire university community.

As a student-athlete, you must conduct yourself in accordance with team and university regulations. In this player’s manual, we will attempt to introduce you to a number of these regulations. However, this manual is not intended to be all-inclusive in its scope.

1. You are responsible for understanding and complying with all the University of

Florida rules and regulations. Ignorance is not an excuse.

2. You are expected to represent the University of Florida Football Program in a

positive manner on campus and in the community. We have worked extremely

hard to create a First Class Program that the Students, Faculty and the Community

are proud of. Any deviation from this will not be tolerated.

3. You are expected to Graduate from the University of Florida. It is your responsibility to stay on course and to request assistance (tutors, study table, etc…) when necessary. Your Position Coach will take a very pro-active approach to your academic success.

4. You must keep an accurate phone number and address for yourself and your parents on file in the football office. Update the football office as changes occur.

Program based on two principles: HONESTY and ACCOUNTABILITY

Honesty – For any organization to function that involves reliance on other members – there has to be an understanding that whatever is said is the truth. There cannot and will not be any keeping of information that can have an effect on the organization and there will absolutely be no untruths said within this organization. Mistakes will be made; however, immediate notification (to the Position or Head Coach) is expected.

Accountability – Each member of this organization (Players, Coaches, Support Staff) has a very clear and succinct job description. It is the individual’s responsibility to complete this job description to the best of his ability and at the same effort that is expected of all members. Out success will be a direct result of the accountability demonstrated by the individuals in this program.

5 C’s of Accountability

1. Character

2. Competency

3. Consistency

4. Commitment

5. Cohesiveness

TRUST – The single most important ingredient for a football Team to be successful. Players must have a Trust in the Coaches that they:

a) have the best interest of the student-athlete in mind

b) will put the players in the best possible position to be successful

c) have the necessary knowledge and courage to make the RIGHT decisions for the

betterment of the TEAM.

Coaches must have Trust in the Players that they:

a) will be held accountable for their position on the field

b) will follow all team rules and regulation when Coaches are not present

c) will give the necessary effort to be Successful

d) will make decisions with the best interest of the Program in mind.

DECISION MAKING

Each and every decision that you make has a consequence. Organizations and individuals that make decisions without a set of Core Values cannot consistently be successful. Core Values create the foundation that you ultimately stand for.

The University of Florida Football Program shares the following Core Values.

1. Honesty

2. Treat Women with Respect

3. No Drugs

4. No Stealing

Mistakes are correctable; however, decisions made without regard to the Core Values we share will be dealt with in a very serious manner.

DISCIPLINE – is 90% Anticipation

We have a very clear policy in place to deal with Discipline Issues.

- 1st Offense – is on you (and your position coach)

- 2nd Offense – involves your position group

- 3rd Offense – will involve the team or Leadership Committee

Discipline is: A) Doing what you are supposed to do

B) When you are supposed to do it

C) How you are supposed to do it

D) and with the Intensity to be successful

WINNING

We have a very clear OBJECTIVE that all decisions involving this program are made. Winning in the Classroom and Winning on the Field.

“Do you know that all who run in a race, all indeed run. But only one receives the prize-run the Race to Win!

Originally Posted by dreClark
The first thing I thought before looking closely and knowing it was Weis was "Who is that fat kid?"
He doesn't need anymore donuts...

Originally Posted by dreClark

Brice Butler transferring out of USC
Sad to see Brice go, he had potential.  I think he saw writing on the wall with Robert Woods having the season he had last year and the coaches constantly raving about Kyle Prater.
Stefan McClure to Cal

Tre Jackson (from Georgia) had his scholly pulled by Paul Johnson, because he visited FSU. Kid is looking @ FSU and Miami.

Being recruited as an OL by FSU and DL by Miami

Also just landed offers from NCSU and UF

[h1] 247Sports announces junior college Top 25 [/h1]
It didn’t take a football savant to determine the players that had the biggest impact on the National Championship Game between Oregon and Auburn earlier this month.

6_22943.jpg

Junior college transfer Nick Fairley made an immediate impact for Auburn as the Tigers went on to win the national title.

Nick Fairley on the defensive side of the ball and Cameron Newton on offense managed to gift-wrap their Auburn supporters a national championship with a little help from their teammates.

But neither Newton nor Fairley took the conventional path to that championship game. Both players had junior college layovers before landing under the bright lights of the SEC, proving that those finishing national championship touches can come from some unlikely places.

Below are the 247Sports top 25 junior college prospects in the nation for the class of 2011.

25. Nu’Keese Richardson, ATH, Uncommitted, 88
Off the field, Richardson has been less than a sure thing every step of the way during his football career. However, between the whistles, it is tough to ignore his talent. In his one year at Coffeyville Community College, Richardson led his conference in interceptions with seven.

24. John White, APB, Utah, 88
Though he’s not a very big back, White is extremely explosive. He signed early with Utah and will be a leading candidate to step in and replace departing backs Matt Asiata and Eddie Wide. In 2010, White rushed for more than 1,400 yards and 16 touchdowns while showing tremendous big-play ability.

23. Malcolm Murray, S, Cincinnati, 88
A versatile prospect with the ability to play both safety and cornerback, Murray is an early enrollee at Cincinnati - where he is expected to compete for immediate playing time. At Mount SAC C.C., Murray helped his team to an undefeated record in 2010 and had four interceptions after a six-interception season in 2009.

22. Quinton Dial, DT, Alabama, 89
Dial enrolled early and will play defensive end in Alabama’s 3-4 scheme. He has all the size you want at 6-6, 315 pounds. He finished 2010 with 76 tackles and 4.5 sacks in 10 games for East Mississippi Community College.

21. Dan Heiar, OT, Iowa, 89
As an early enrollee at Iowa, Heiar returns to his home-state program after a junior college stint at Iowa Western during which he tacked on 50 pounds of good weight. At 6-6, 280 pounds, Heiar will come in with hopes of rounding out an offensive line that returns four starters for the Hawkeyes.

20. Thomas Tutogi, LB, Washington, 89
In 2010, Tutogi averaged 12 tackles per contest as a sideline-to-sideline head-hunter in what was only his first year out of high school. As an early enrollee, Tutogi will compete in spring practice then have four years to play three as he attempts to replace departed Mason Foster at Washington.

19. Kaleb Broome, OT, South Carolina, 90
With great size and a great frame, Broome has enrolled early at South Carolina and is expected to be in the mix for playing time very quickly. At Georga Military College, Broome earned All-American honors as a sophomore offensive tackle after allowing only one sack all year.

18. Leon Mackey, DE, Uncommitted, 91
A defensive end with tremendous size, Mackey is going through the recruiting process for the third time, after being recruiting out of high school and prep school previously. Due to a unique blend of physicality and athleticism, he has been heavily recruited in each instance.

17. Keith McGill, S, Utah, 91
A big safety, McGill is big enough to play linebacker at 6-4, 215 pounds. But with seven interceptions in 2010 and five more in 2009, he certainly has shown that he has coverage skills to boot. As a freshman, McGill returned three of his interceptions for touchdowns.

16. Jared Ebert, DT, Oregon, 91
Emerging from Iowa Western, Ebert is a 6-foot-5, 285-pound athlete in the middle of the line of scrimmage. He will enroll at Oregon for the spring quarter and participate in spring practice and could see early playing time due to his light feet and good motor.

15. Izauea Lanier, S, Tennessee, 92
A superb athlete with speed and burst, Lanier likely will have his biggest collegiate impact in the defensive backfield at either safety or cornerback. That combination of size and speed are the separators for Lanier and should allow him to help all over the defensive backfield - as well as on all of the special teams units.

14. Johnathan Jenkins, DT, Uncommitted, 92
Part of a tremendous defensive tackle class in the junior college ranks for 2011, Jenkins is also part of a strong pipeline of defensive tackles out of Gulf Coast C.C. Following Terrance Cody in 2008 and James Carmon in 2010, Jenkins is yet another 6-4-plus, 300-pounder coming out of the southern Mississippi school.

13. Gilbert Pena, DT, Ole Miss, 92
Pena has a chance to be one of the most explosive interior defensive newcomers in college football next year. He enrolled in junior college after working for three years following high school to help out with his sick mother. Since returning to football, Pena has been a dominant junior college force and one of the nation’s top DL. He has enrolled at Ole Miss for the spring.

12. Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina, 92
Continuing the defensive tackle theme, Williams is an active and explosive force on the inside. He didn’t start playing football until his senior year in high school but has excelled on the junior college level. As a second year player, Williams had 52 tackles and 12.5 tackles for loss. He also added five blocked kicks in earning first team all-conference and all-region honors.

11. Jacob Fahrenkrug, OG, Florida State, 92
After transforming his body during his time at North Dakota State College of Science, Fahrenkrug has turned himself into a force on the offensive line. As an offensive guard, the massive prospect is a road-grading physical lineman that looks poised to step in somewhere along the starting five for Florida State as an early enrollee.

10. Marcus Kennard, WR, Texas Tech, 93
At Butler County C.C., Kennard earned All-Conference recognition as a sophomore after catching 45 passes for 893 yards and 13 touchdowns. Originally from Oklahoma, Kennard is already enrolled at Texas Tech and will provide not only a deep threat on the outside but a big target for his quarterback.

9. Matt Williams, OT, Cal, 93
A teammate of No. 11 Jacob Fahrenkrug, Williams will be given a great opportunity to start early for Cal because of his size (6-7/285) and athleticism. Originally from Liverpool, England, Williams has a Rugby background but has shown tremendous upside on the football field.

8. Byron Moore, S, Uncommitted, 94
A USC signee out of high school, Moore redshirted and transferred to Harbor College where he emerged as a safety with tremendous range, ball skills and instincts. His play earned him Conference defensive player of the year honors and he will step in next year as a sophomore that already has a lot of polish.

7. Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri, 95
Richardson committed to Missouri in the 2009 class as one of the top defensive tackles in the nation but failed to qualify. He also missed much of his sophomore year at Gateway Tech with a wrist injury. When on the field, Richardson is one of the most athletic jumbo athletes that you will find with pursuit speed, down-the-line agility and strength at the point of attack.

6. Daimion Stafford, S, Nebraska, 95
The most complete defensive back in the junior college ranks for 2011, Stafford brings size, speed, range and a heavy hammer to the table out of the safety position. He’s a fluid defender that can be moved around all over the defensive backfield to facilitate his big playmaking ability.

5. Aaron Douglas, OT, Alabama, 96
Douglas is an early enrollee at Alabama and it won’t be his first SEC experience when he steps onto the practice fields in Tuscaloosa. Douglas was a freshman All-American at Tennessee before transferring to Arizona Western for his sophomore season. Coming out of high school, Douglas was a four-star tight end, showing the athleticism that he uses so effectively now as a blocker.

4. Zach Mettenberger, QB, LSU, 97
Before transferring from Georgia to Butler County C.C. due to off-the-field issues, Mettenberger was battling for the starting quarterback job with Aaron Murray. By many estimations, Mettenberger winning that competition before he left the Bulldogs program. A big prospect with a bigger arm, Mettenberger put up more than 2,600 yards passing in 12 games for Butler County. As an early enrollee at LSU, he will be battling for a starting job to throw to the talented Tigers receiving corps.

3. Cornelius Carradine, DE, Florida State, 98
Carradine is a physical force off the defensive edge and has demonstrated that through 26 sacks over the past two seasons at Butler County. This past season, the 6-5, 250-pounder piled up 16 sacks showing a rare mix of power and speed around the corner. His early enrollment at Florida State should lead to him making an early impact this fall. He is a player that is ready both physically and athletically for big-time football.

2. Maurice Couch, DT, Tennessee, 98
Tennessee needs help on the defensive interior, and the commitment of Couch should be a huge addition. Though he isn’t massive in terms of height, Couch is a prospect that brings a great motor to the table. He is very active with his hands, and he has an explosive get-off at the snap. In a penetrating defense, Couch has a chance to be a real disruptor.
1. Jesse Williams, DT, Alabama, 99
Remember the immediate impact that Terrance Cody had on the Alabama program during the 2008 season? Jesse Williams has that same potential as a perfect addition to the Alabama 3-4 scheme. An Australian native that traces his athletic roots to basketball and rugby, Williams has emerged as an ideal 3-4 two-gap nose that can occupy blockers and clog up running lanes in the SEC.

Back
Top Bottom