Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

they cant. its impossible.

bc you would have other teams fans posing as a fan of a diff. team posting on players pages

Stephopne Anthony down to Clemson/Va Tech

Originally Posted by RunsHouse23

so pretty much a pointless attempt to have more rules. makes perfect sense
It's ok, they could always work around them later if they so choose. 

laugh.gif

I would be shocked if Stephone Anthony went anywhere other than Clemson.

Curtis Grant to O$U is basically a done deal.

What's the word on Delvon Simmons? I know he added UNC to his list after having a meeting with BD and Brian Baker, but I'm certainly not expecting his LOI on Wednesday. USC fans do y'all still view him as a lock on Wednesday? Interview he did yesterday posted in spoiler below...

Spoiler [+]
Five-star DT Simmon Adds School To Mix

Five-star defensive tackle Delvon Simmons of McKeesport (Pa.) High increased the number of schools on his list from five to six schools. Who was added? And what is the latest with his process? We've got the answers inside.

Five-star defensive tackle Delvon Simmons of McKeesport (Pa.) High returned from his official visit to USC, and after meeting with his coach …added a school to his list.
“I can tell you that North Carolina has been added,

@UTComplianceNCAA rules prohibit fans from contacting prospective student-athletes. This includes interactions on facebook and twitter

so how do they plan on enforcing this?

They can't. But you'll prob start seeing more recruits keep their pages on private and keep those annoying !%! fans off.

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

@UTComplianceNCAA rules prohibit fans from contacting prospective student-athletes. This includes interactions on facebook and twitter

so how do they plan on enforcing this?

They can't. But you'll prob start seeing more recruits keep their pages on private and keep those annoying !%! fans off.
Private messages are just as annoying, but I get you. (although you can just delete messages right away w/o reading) It's just pretty pointless on the part of the NCAA

Logan Gray transferring out of UGA to play somewhere close to home for his senior year.

Not a huge loss, but I think Marlon Brown is the #1 on our receiver depth chart now...
laugh.gif

I just read that Marcus Roberson decommitted from Auburn and will now pick either USC or UF...

that young man is "CONFRUSED"he's def going to UF now.

#VOLS pick up another today.

TE Cam Clear has decided to go Loco with the boys. *Choppa city Salute*

Must have missed it in this thread, but did you all see the workouts that came under scrutiny at Iowa?

Can't remember verbatim, but it was something like doing 100 Squats (50% of your max) in 17 minutes with sled work after....I saw another report that it was 100 squats and 100 bench presses...

That's murder....whoa

I also heard a lot of those guys were out partying the night before. A lot of former Iowa players came to the defense of that S&T coach.

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

What's the word on Delvon Simmons? I know he added UNC to his list after having a meeting with BD and Brian Baker, but I'm certainly not expecting his LOI on Wednesday. USC fans do y'all still view him as a lock on Wednesday? Interview he did yesterday posted in spoiler below...

Yea SA to Clemson is pretty much official at this point. 
frown.gif
 Same with Grant.
This is probably the most we've struck out with recruiting in awhile. Our two biggest needs were LB and OL and we missed on Curtis Grant and Travis Hughes in state and Anthony out of state. On the OL we missed on Landon Turner, Kiaro Holts, Donovan Smith, Cyrus Kuasdnfnwefjio. I've come to the conclusion that our staff just flat sucks at recruiting
laugh.gif
All of the guys I mentioned we were either in good shape for or leading by a good bit at one point or another, and we just didn't close. 

Nobody knows why Grant eliminated us; rumor is that his lead recruiter (Jim Cavanaugh) basically trashed Mike London over the phone and CG and his mom were upset by that. In a recent article about his recruitment, CG said something about how he grew up a VT fan; when the reporter asked him why they didn't make the final 10 he just said "no comment." 
eyes.gif

When our staff had the in home with Travis Hughes, Hughes' dad asked Beamer if there was anything he had to say about the other schools that were recruiting him. Beamer gave the generic BS about only trying to sell/talk about our own program and how we don't negative recruit or say bad things about other schools. The dad said, "Well, you probably should, because they've been saying a ton of bad @+%@ about you guys."
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
(This isn't a rumor, heard it from a close friend of one of the coaches who was there). Anyways, our coaches left that visit 100% certain that Hughes would come to VT; I guess Butch did a better job selling him on his last visit. (Hughes said himself that he was even leaning more towards VT the night before his commitment). 

W/e, we won't get any different results if we don't make some staff changes. I'm happy that we at least got Lockhart in the end; I think he'll be better than any WR we've had since Eddie Royal and you can quote me on that. I think Corey Marshall, Harley, Farrow, Jarrett and Vandyke will be solid too, but other than that I'm not that excited about this class. Too many "under the radar" guys. 

laugh.gif
@ the spelling of Cyrus name. Also Mike Farrell is as inside as a virgin when it comes to UNC football recruiting. He is always wrong.

Some insiders are saying there will be a surprise LOI faxed to us tomorrow, not sure from who. But I'm almost positive it won't come from CGrant or SA. I thought Travis Hughes was a heavy UNC lean for a while. His parents love Butch Davis.

Our biggest strikeout for recruiting season had to be DE. We're going to have nooooo depth there after this season. Very surprising to me that we would miss out on all our targets there.

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

Spoiler [+]
Five-star DT Simmon Adds School To Mix

Five-star defensive tackle Delvon Simmons of McKeesport (Pa.) High increased the number of schools on his list from five to six schools. Who was added? And what is the latest with his process? We've got the answers inside.

Five-star defensive tackle Delvon Simmons of McKeesport (Pa.) High returned from his official visit to USC, and after meeting with his coach …added a school to his list.
“I can tell you that North Carolina has been added,

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

Thomas Rawls to Michigan, know nothing about this kid. Newbs?zs?

He has grade issues which caused RRod to hold off on offering him. He seems like a pretty good prospect IMO. Just have to see if he clears admissions. He's from the same school as Ingram I think.

Back
Top Bottom