Gorilla shot after 4yr old falls in enclosure VOL.....RIP HARAMBE

maybe it was the mom's first visit to the zoo.

she took her eye off little hellion for up to 25 seconds because she was so amazed by the beauty and grace of Harambe.

because they share blood and DNA some child instinct took in to impress his mom so he jumped in the cage, while the mom was stuck in amazement of such a heaven sent creature.
You keep trying. It's comical
laugh.gif
Harambe >>>> that kid
not sure if srs

So lets shame and make an example out of this mother until we find something else to be fake outraged about

Im curious to hear what y'all think a proper punishment would be for her

No shame necessary. Have her pay the costs for the disposal of Harambe. The costs of the bullets used. The Court decided loss of revenue her negligence cost the zoo. Put her on a 20 year plan if need be. Set that as the standard. I assure you, parents will havebetter control on their kids near an open animal pit.

Why is the race card being played so much in this thread? :smh:

That's so random and illogical. I don't see the comparison of a gorilla and strictly, young black men. That's racist if anything.

Last edited:
What kind of legal ramifications can the zoo take?
No shame necessary. Have her pay the costs for the disposal of Harambe. The costs of the bullets used. The Court decided loss of revenue her negligence cost the zoo. Put her on a 20 year plan if need be. Set that as the standard. I assure you, parents will havebetter control on their kids near an open animal pit.
pretty much everything jiujitsu said right here. definitely have to pay for all said above but i wouldn't consider anything with jail time or the like and i doubt the zoo would want that either 

Where is the evidence that the mom wasnt paying attention to her kid? Like of course in this finite moment her eyes and hands weren't physically on her kid. But I feel like the overall theme of neglect being placed on the mom is that she was completely absent and unaware that her kid was trying to go full jungle book.

Has there been any evidence or narrative presented to confirm the latter?

If the narrative was something like.... if one child says "look at the giraffe mommy", she looks up at the giraffe and points at his tongue with the hand she is holding the other child with. That free child bolts for the gorilla railing in that instance. Mom looks down, looks on each side, no second kid. Looks one direction he isnt there, second direction he is there but she cant see him because he already has leaned so far over the railing that he fell over and now is crawling.....

if the event played out like that.... thats not neglect to me. Is that neglect that should result in punishment, jail, fines?

A kid being disobedient and too curious for his own good, yes. but full out child neglect? I need more evidence before reaching that conclusion.

Where is the evidence that the mom wasnt paying attention to her kid? Like of course in this finite moment her eyes and hands weren't physically on her kid. But I feel like the overall theme of neglect being placed on the mom is that she was completely absent and unaware that her kid was trying to go full jungle book.

Has there been any evidence or narrative presented to confirm the latter?

If the narrative was something like.... if one child says "look at the giraffe mommy", she looks up at the giraffe and points at his tongue with the hand she is holding the other child with. That free child bolts for the gorilla railing in that instance. Mom looks down, looks on each side, no second kid. Looks one direction he isnt there, second direction he is there but she cant see him because he already has leaned so far over the railing that he fell over and now is crawling.....

if the event played out like that.... thats not neglect to me. Is that neglect that should result in punishment, jail, fines?

A kid being disobedient and too curious for his own good, yes. but full out child neglect? I need more evidence before reaching that conclusion.
i agree

we are human. Everyone acting like if it was the moms choice  she'd want this to happen to her son. 

Last edited:
People are human and make mistakes too. Everyone acting like if it was the moms choice  she'd want this to happen to her son. 
i agree

we are human. Everyone acting like if it was the moms choice  she'd want this to happen to her son. 

Actually on social media everyone is perfect

OF COURSE SHE WOULDNT WANT IT TO HAPPEN!

Of the thousands of ppl that visit that zoo how many dumb ***** let their kid end up in the gorilla pit? Probably only her. It takes a special kind of dumb *** to allow that to happen

Last edited:
I wonder what the faux outrage will be about next week. I just wish all those white people that were out there protesting did the same for Tamir rice
Donald trump is going to call Bill ****on a rapist again and people are gonna be up in arms or something like that. It's been a few days since he said something dumb. As if he hasn't been talking flagrant for a while

Last edited:
Good thing we were all there and watched all this go down.

According to DailyMail, the mother had several children with her apparently, the child saw water and bolted towards it and slid down in there. (according to a witness)

Not for nothin, I hate the condescending tone most of you have in this thread. You should just be real and say what you feel about the mother and the child instead of ***** footing around it.

Last edited:
I read a point I hadn't even thought about on another forum...

When you're a kid playing baseball in your yard, but you break a window of a neighbor's house, who's on the hook for the bill?

I agree, to an extent, with what filthyjiujitsu filthyjiujitsu posted earlier about that family being on the hook to cover the some of the costs accrued from that incident.

Back
Top Bottom